The Spark That Started Hell (Part 1)

Printer-friendly version


The Spark That Started Hell
Part 1

Bare with me on this one. The rest of the story is going to be a lot different than this first installment, so think of this as a sort of Prologue. This first installment is also written in the present tense as if you are in the protagonist's mind, so it is reasonably scrambled etc. (If it annoys you, don't worry, it is written in the past tense from Part 2 onwards.)

Hope you enjoy...

~o~O~o~

A spark. Most people see it as just a little ball of light. But for me it is a beacon of hope, darting through the darkness alone, fighting against all the odds to hold on to it's colours and create something more.

There are both good sparks and bad sparks. Some start fires that help heat food, to keep us living... others start fires that help end lives. But such as the world we live in they remain in balance.

So would you call a killer spark evil when they are all the same?

Sparks are not born with a conscience, they form one through factors such as location, nurturing and chance.

If a spark is in a suitable location, such as an oven, it will help heat your dinner.

If a spark is nurtured upon a bed of twigs, it will help start a fire for warmth.

These factors help create the spark's destiny. For better or for worse.

~o~O~o~

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP- SLAM!!!

Oh how I loathe that alarm clock, oh how I loathe everything. Being a cynical cunt is a tough occupation, and I just cannot be dealing with this.

Out of bed I get, torn up slippers on for whatever purpose they solve - apparently it's just such a hassle to walk around bare-footed in the morning.

Let me see... Monday. Yep, 5 days of that school business for me. Fantastic.

I'll pass on breakfast this morning, no doubt Mum will yet again inform me of it's importance as Dad shakes his head and frowns.

And now for that lonely half hour walk to hell. It gives me chance to think about stuff I guess, but I mostly spend the time to wallow in self-pity.

And here we are, “you have now reached your destination”, as that useless contraption for people who can't read maps would say. No friends for me here, no enemies or bullies I guess either but none the less being a literal ghost can be a downer. I guess I like not having to worry about people drama, but without friends my life just seems rather... meaningless?

~o~O~o~

Hello gossiping girls stood right by my locker, MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY. I could just ask them to budge but if I stand here long enough in absolute silence they will eventually flee.

Hello group of annoying hipsters, I see you're all wearing outrageous hats and listening to whatever isn't 'popular' at the moment. Good for you.

Hello person who used to be my only friend until you decided I was destroying your rep or something? I dunno, I can't remember, don't care either.

I do.

~o~O~o~

And here I am at Chemistry. Where we will undoubtedly do some crazy shit with crazy fluids and shit.

“Good morning class.”

Good morning Mrs. Saggy Tits.

“Today I'll be assigning you lab partners for...”

Oh shit, lab partners. That requires small talk and basic human interaction.

“...Will, you'll be with Grace...”

Please don't let it be an erection stimulator or a god damn hipster.

“...Tom, you'll be with Jerry...”

I just cannot cope with an erection for an hour and a half. Virginity is an inconvenience.

“....Generic Hipster, you'll be with Slutty McSlutty...”

Phew.

“...Mark...”

That's me by the way. My name's Mark, I'm 16, have brownish hair, brown eyes, braces, average height, small dick.

“... you'll be with Leonard.”

Who the fucks that? The name sounds nerdy, it even has 'nerd' in it, hmmm he could prove useful if this poorly assembled evidence is true.

“Okay everyone, get together with your partners and get to work!”

Yes Mrs. Saggy Tits.

Okay then time to go and find this Leonard fella and... Oh! There he is, he has big glasses and greasy hair. Perfect.

~o~O~o~

You know that awkward silence when you're working with someone you don't know and you're both social retards? Yeah, that.

“Could you pass the Sodium Bionicide?”

The fuck is that? I'll just reach for this purplish bottle...

“Woah! You want to mix Oxygen Hydronicide with Helium? * snort * hahaha!”

Did he just snort? Did that actually just happen? Christ, this kid makes me look like fucking Puff Daddy.

“How's everything going boys?”

Oh how I hate it when teachers nose in on your work.

“All good thanks.”

“Excellent Leonard. And Mark, I hope you're helping your little friend and not making him do all the work.”

This guy's my friend now? Oh, best answer her - “Yes Mrs. Taggysits.” - NOW PLEASE FUCK OFF!

“Goooooood. I'll leave you both to it then...”

THANK GOD!

“Hey Mark?”

“Yeah Leonard?”

“How saggy are Mrs. Taggysits tits!?”

Hey this guy ain't bad.

“So very saggy man. She's the reason I don't eat breakfast in the morning... so I don't end up hurling all over the place.” - surprising amount of truth in that.

“They should call her * snort * Mrs. Saggy Tits!”

This guy ain't bad at all!

“I know right!”

Wow I'm actually laughing with someone! Awesome!

“Hey Mark?”

“Yeah Leonard?”

“Wanna be friends?”

~o~O~o~

I am Mark Parker, and this is my story.
Some may call it sad, some may call it insane, others may even call it humorous. But I'll tell you one thing, it all starts and finishes with a spark. The faintest of sparks.

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is a curious start :--)

This is a curious start :--) you have me wondering where it will go, since it still can go about every direction ^^

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Generic hipster...

I first noticed this when I lived near Canterbury. Groups of indentikit youths, all with wide jeans with ragged hems, long chains for their wallets and band t-shirts for such as Slipknot or Linkin Park. So many of them wore badges or Tees with the words "You stare at me cause I'm different; I stare at you cause you're all the same"
They are lacking in perception. It reminds me of an Oysterband song:
Workers in the Philppines
Are cutting holes in brand new jeans
For cutting edge consumers.
Rich kids in the West, you see,
Have lost their sense of irony
And I'm losing my sense of humour.