The Crossroads: A Wyld Universe Story- Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Universes & Series: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

If you came across a fork in the road, which path would you choose?--SEPARATOR--

3360-320x273-redslide12.jpg
The Crossroads: A Wyld Universe Story
Part 3- by Aoife M

Yeah, I remembered those nights. I was alone with nowhere to go, scavenging for scraps. I suppose that was how it is, being Wyld. I thought I could get by seeing I was normal looking enough. Maybe it was the “crossdressing” look. I wasn’t much of a man anymore.

Of course I wasn’t a man at all. I was a woman, unsure of what my future held as I defiantly maintained the masculinity I had all but lost, even keeping my name- Scott Ryan. If no one asked my name I never told them. Back then however it was for different reasons. Back then I was unsure what would become of me; today I refuse to accept it.

10 years ago I changed to my current form, and since then I haven’t aged a day. It was the most painful experience in my life, physically as well as mentally. To feel my bones snap and crackle, and shift in different places was the most unbearable thing I’ve ever experienced. I could almost guarantee that pain could be even worse than pregnancy, but I’d rather not conceive and find out.

The whole moment made me wonder was why that happened. I heard that all Wyld transformations begin with a flash of light and then poof- you’re a Wyld. At the time I really couldn’t understand why that happened that way. Only later did I realize that my becoming a woman was a side effect of my power.

I turned into a Wyld right in front of my parents. The hints were there: the sustained cut I had from a broken mirror, and the fast healing, and even the peculiar look of my hand later on when it looked much more feminine than usual. Heh, guess that seven year curse thing wasn’t just superstition. I saw the duality of human nature that night, as my once calm, caring and self conscious parents were threatening me with death. Jumping out a two story window, they may have killed me if I didn’t have this ability to regenerate.

And that’s how I ended up here, in this unsavory environment, with no time to pack, and nothing more but the clothes on my back. And those clothes weren’t the most efficient things to walk about in.

All I had were baggy jeans with legs that dragged on the ground. I lost a little height from what I could see- about 2 inches. I assumed most of that came from the painful reconfiguring of my pelvic bones. My new hip bones also caused my jeans to barely hang over my narrow waist. Often times I had to keep tightening my belt to keep them from falling off. It wasn’t as if I wanted to go around wearing sagging clothes! I mean, seriously, how is that “gansta”?

To top it off was my t-shirt, while not horribly big still could be awkward to the eyes of a wandering passerby. The worst thing was the breasts. They were decent enough, a B cup, so unless I was doing some athletic activity I could get by without too much difficulty. Of course, that wasn’t the problem. The problem was most people find going braless to be immoral. And then there was the occasional cold night might bring unwanted stares from the opposite gender.

I was routinely turned away from shelters and food pantries. A lot of it was paranoia; when someone usually sees someone crossdressing it's usually is a sign that he or she was Wyld, unable to accept the recent changes which were bestowed upon them. And in my case, they’re exactly right.

With no place to go and no one to turn to staying in this town was pointless. I had to move on, but where?

I looked at my prospects. There was only one person I could turn to- my love, Miriam. During these past few weeks she headed off to college in Columbus. She was obviously the smarter, or at least the more well known of us two. Going to Ohio State is a major deal. I hope she wouldn't be like my parents, and I hope that things haven’t changed with us because I’m no longer the man I once was.


Piqua, Ohio, August 28, 2013.

I didn’t have any time to waste. One more day living in this hell would be too much to bear. I stood off the side of the road, trying to catch a ride. In a paranoid society, hitchhiking was a pain; you don’t know if the random stranger you pick up could be Wyld. The fact anyone stopped for me at all was a blessing.

A beat down old pickup truck slowed down to a halt. Rolling down the window, he asked,

“Where you heading to?”

“Columbus,” I answered, hoping that he could take me the distance.

“I’m heading that way myself,” he thankfully informed me. “Get in.”

He didn’t look like a bad guy, not that I would be so naíve to think guys couldn’t have it in them to take advantage of me. As in fact it's been one of my biggest worries ever since I became a girl. That being said, however, he had a young girl, most likely 13, in the back seat of his truck with him. She seemed to be ok; no sign of anything suspicious with her. Seeing she looked fairly upbeat I felt I could the chance. So I opened the passenger seat door and sat down.

Of course I didn’t know I would be spending the duration of this trip with an absolute brat. If I did, I may have reconsidered

“You dress funny,” she remarked.

“Sienna!” The man snapped. “You should be more polite! I’m sure she hadn’t much choice in the matter.”

She looked over to me, and stuck her tongue out, razzing me. I only knew later that she was a lesbian, and often times she would try to hide the fact by bullying or making fun of the girls she was attracted to. Right now however she was quite a pain in my ass.

A few minutes passed and my hometown of Piqua had been swallowed beyond the distant horizon. I didn't think it would take too long to reach Columbus. Of course, I didn't think about all the pit stops we would have along the way.

A few minutes passed and the man started a conversation with me. “Sorry," he said. "She kind of acts that way in front of new people. My name’s Max.”

This would normally be the I would introduce myself back, but these are tough times. Not wanting to divulge my secret, I quickly turned his attention back from the introductions to the young child. “Is that your daughter?”

“Not exactly,” he replied. “She’s the child of someone I used to know a long time back. I’m watching after her for the time being.”

Back then Sienna was as much human as any ordinary girl. Back then she could probably have been adopted to a nice human family and live a relatively normal life free from harm, but instead she clung to Max. And to this day, she fights in his honor, and embraces her Wyld form fully.

“I see,” I said. “Doesn’t it seem a little risky just letting a random stranger hitch a ride like that?”

He gave a little chuckle. “Did you want to be left there?”

“No, not really.” I replied.

“We all need helping hands once in awhile,” he explained. “Not many people think much of that these days.”

“Yeah,” I joined in his sentiment, “I’ve already experienced that the hard way.”

“Must have had it rough,” he sympathized. “No one to turn to, huh?”

“That’s kind of why I’m heading to Columbus,” I explained. “I know someone there. I just hope she’s willing to help me out.”

“I see,” Max said.

We continued on our way as we drove down the country roads. Sienna was enjoying my frustration as she was flicking rubber bands and hitting me over the head. Fan-flippin'-tastic.

Then Max had an idea that came from out of nowhere as he decided to hit me with a huge surprise. “That settles it, looks like we’ll need to go shopping.”

“What?” I cried, wondering what he was thinking.

“Well, I don’t know about you,” he continued, “but I think you might need to get a few clothes, and it wouldn’t be very appropriate for you to wear clothes that must be weeks old and doesn’t fit, at least in front of your friend.”

“I…I don’t know,” I said feeling a little cautious.

“Just trust me,” he insisted, “It would make moving in with her a little easier if she knew she didn’t have to pay an arm and a leg for a new set of clothes.”

“I…guess you’re right,” I finally admitted. I just hope this isn't a painstakingly awful as I thought it was going to be.


We arrived at a regular, run-in-the-mill department store. Max let Sienna run off to do her own thing, and meanwhile our conversation got a lot more serious.

“You weren’t born a woman, were you?” he surmised, breaking open a whole can of worms.

“I…” I was nervous as hell now, wondering what was going to happen.

“I know you’re a Wyld,” he whispered into my ear. “It’s alright.”

“How did you know?” I asked.

“Well the clothes were a clear give away,” he answered. “And normally women that look like you never seem to be lacking for attention.”

“So what now?” I wondered. “What’re you planning to do with me?”

“I’m going to buy your clothes, like I said I was,” Max replied. “Like I said we all need a helping hand once in awhile.”

I began to feel relieved as I quietly said to him, “Thanks.”

And with a warm smile he reciprocated, “No problem. Just be lucky that we can blend in.” He then stared at his hand, which was covered by a leather glove, and added, “For the most part.” Something about that phrase hinted that he may have been Wyld as well.

He quickly changed the subject as he began to eye the bras hanging on the rack.

“You’re really making yourself out to be a pervert staring at those bras with people around like that,” I chided.

“I wanted you to try one on,” he declared.

“There is no way…” I retorted, defiantly even considering such a thing.

“Look, you need to know your size,” he stated. “It doesn’t matter what you want. You’re living in their society. If you want to survive you’ll have to blend in, even if only a little bit.”

“This is way too much, Max,” I insisted, fighting as hard as can to get out of this.

“You can take the most plain looking one if you want,” he conceded, “and we’ll buy as much boy related clothing after that. Just try to adapt, just a little bit.”

I sighed, knowing I wasn’t getting anywhere arguing. I grabbed the most plain looking bra I could find and went to the fitting room to try it on.

I pulled off my shirt, revealing my chest and all of its assets in the mirror in front of me. I didn’t know what felt worse: staring at my foreign breasts in the nude or staring at them once I put the bra over them. I looked down and stared at the piece of material before me. “Hello, bra,” I said to myself, “my new sworn enemy.”

I felt like I was given in to my feminine body. The bra, the very thing was much like a symbol; the reward for the young girl who made way through her rite of passage in order to become a young woman. Now I, late as it was, felt like I was about to take that very same rite and it made me feel very uneasy. However, it this was it, the bare minimum I needed to wear to at least be seen as “normal,” then I suppose I can manage, at least when I’m out in public. And hey, at least it’ll keep those perverts at bay.

“Okay,” I continued, as I began to recall everything I was about to do in a step by step basis. “I just put one arm through heeere…and the other through heeere…and then take the straps in the back and…”

Yeah, that final part was the tricky part: clipping the hooks together from the back. I had a hard time catching them. I continued to make my attempt, trying to be as calm as possible. Of course, it’s going to get to you at some point.

“What the hell?” I screamed, “Why do they make these things so…!” Frustrated I began to wrestle around with it, twisting my body all around, making noise as a banged the walls. It probably sounded like a boxing match going on in there.

Eventually I got the damned thing on. After all the wrestling I can at least be thankful that it didn’t feel awfully bad on me.


We decided to spend the night at a hotel in the outskirts of Marysville. No, it really wasn’t too far from Columbus- just 20 miles. However Max thought it was best for me to take a little time to clean up and relax. It’s been a long while since I’ve had a nice shower, let alone sleep in a nice cozy bed.

“I thought you might need a little privacy so I rented out a separate room just for you,” Max declared. Besides, seeing you’ve just changed genders I don’t think it would be all that beneficial if I would join you. You have a lot to sort out.”

I felt really guilty of all the help he was giving me. I also began to feel a little uncomfortable. I don't know if it was paranoia or the development of my woman's intuition or whatever. I haven't been a girl long enough to even tell who was actually a gentleman or who was playing me for a fool. From what I saw he seemed okay, but it wouldn't hurt to have him reassure me, if only to put my mind at ease.

“It’s just so hard to believe you would spend so much time on someone like me,” I began. “Even the most giving people have their limits, and yet you keep giving even when I know I’m only burdening you.”

“I only wish there were more people like me,” Max stated. “Maybe if there was you wouldn’t have been living on the streets.”

“I may not be the go to source for male behavior,” I prefaced, “But half the time the only reason a man would go so far to help someone like this was if he got a little something from her later.”

“Well you were a man at one point,” He replied. “Do you really think that? Don’t tell me that you’ve gone woman and you’ve already resorted to gender stereotypes.”

“No,” I replied. “I know there are good men out there. In fact I’d like to think I was one. But I can’t help but be cautious! My whole point of view is being skewed and been driving me up the wall! No, honestly I can't see you doing anything to me, but I can't be too careful knowing I now possess certain features most boys crave.”

“Well, if it puts your mind at ease I’ll say it right now,” he began. “I’m not gonna try anything. You have my word.”

“I appreciate it,” I told him. "Please don't think that I don't trust you. These things just take time for me to figure out.”

“I know,” he empathized. “I had my own problems to face when I went Wyld. Not nearly as severe as what you’re dealing with, of course, but problems nonetheless.”

It was finally confirmed that he in fact was Wyld. I never really asked him to go into any further detail. Only later did I realize that the man who helped me when I was down and out was the legendary hero Gun.

“But now I have people I care about, and lives that depend on me," he continued. Without this I would have never met Sienna, who I love more than anything in the world right now. I had to adapt, otherwise what would have become of me?”

He was definitely a man to admire. I had a lot of respect for him. It never went any farther than that, but if there was a guy a woman could truly love, it was this one.

“Anyway, I suppose I’ve talked too much,” he digressed. “You should go clean up, and I ought to check up on Sienna.”

“Good night,” I told him as I shut the door behind him.

I made my way to the bathroom with the bag of clothes in my hand. It’s only been a few weeks since the change, and yet this was the very first time I actually took a shower as a girl. To be honest, this would be the first time I’d see myself completely nude as well. It’s not easy being hygienic when you’re homeless.

As I briefly mentioned before my mindset about being a girl was different 10 years ago. Back then I didn’t necessarily hate my body as I do now. Instead of disgust I felt confusion. Sure, going Wyld caused me to lose my parents, but it wasn’t something I blamed myself for. I can’t help what I am- it’s not like I could choose to be Wyld. I didn’t have any say in the matter. It just happened.

No, my worries were solely based on my future. I’m a woman now. My life’s been turned upside down and all the achievements I had while I was man went up in flames. I had no idea how to live as a woman. I really didn’t want to live as one to begin with.

As I turned on the water however my new womanhood only made its presence more apparent. The water from the sprinkler sprayed upon my sensitive bosom. I couldn’t help but react to it. These things were a lot more sensitive than the pecs I had as man. I never really knew how sensitive they could be until I had pair of my own. If Miriam and I can make it work and we do get back together I’ll make a better effort in trying to involve her breasts. It could at least be a consolation for the other things I no longer provide her.

I could at least take solace that I still felt something for my one true love. I could still picture her in all her beauty: The wavy auburn hair, her narrow shoulders, her silky smooth legs, her luscious lips. I still even found her more “intimate” parts about her to die for. The reaction my body gave was so much different however. I knew I was lusting over her, but instead of something growing from me I felt something growing from within. The wetness I was feeling was only making me grow more confused.

What if that doesn’t last forever? What if it’s only a matter of time until I start losing these feelings I had for her? My mind currently was in a state of confusion, but it wouldn’t be long until it finally realized that my body was woman. Would that mean that my sexual preference will change along with it?

These questions and more began to frighten me. However there was nothing I could do now. All I could do is reunite with Miriam and see how things play out.

With the shower out of the way I proceeded in finding something to sleep in. I decided it best I put on my bra now so I didn’t have to hassle with it later. Other than that my clothes were still manly where it counted. What was once a Large now was small, as my muscle mass was depleted to the point it grew too big. My pants, still male, were 4 waist sizes smaller, and 2 legs size smaller. They had to be relaxed fit, since if they too snug they would most likely restrict the movement from my new birthing hips. And of course I still had my boxer shorts. So yes, other than having to find smaller sizes I still for the most part able to get away with wearing guys clothing, even if little parts of my femininity were beginning to show itself.

Putting on a t-shirt along with sweatpants with a pair of boxers underneath, I made my way into my bedroom. I was overjoyed that at least the clothes hung securely around me. With my old worn out clothes were placed inside a plastic bag. The last vestiges of my previous life were gone as I took them outside and threw it in the dumpster.

With that out of the way I came back into the room and looked forward to snuggling up inside the bed covers. It had been so long it made appreciate the things I took for granted. That night I slept soundly for the first time in a long while.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

now we start to see.

Just what Scott went through and some of the people he met while doing it. It was lucky she encountered Max there.

Maggie

I was real lucky Saless introduced him!

I had quite the difficulty earlier trying to write a scenario where Scott would travel to Columbus, let alone find new clothes and other things. It just kind of worked.

Plus I think it's cool taking other people's characters and put them into my own stories. Kind of an advantage when collaborating with someone in the same universe.

A lot of her past

Ties into the present. Without it it would be difficult to really understand the depths of her problems.

I'm enjoying this

After Scott's introduction in your previous story I've been curious about her origin. This answers a few questions. :)
hugs
Grover

Poor old Scott.

Extravagance's picture

And poor Sienna too. She seems to be a rather confused and anguished (at least back then) girl. = (

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Well back then she was just a kid.

Even when I was a child it was kind of hard to get a good grasp on what my feelings were. Obviously those things come with time and experience.