My Super Secret Life...Potentials-5.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Potentials-5.

*Vanir…………………

It’s actually my name or the one that on my official papers. But usually everyone calls me Van or more likely Vana.

I get Vana the most.

And I’m not normal.

I’m sort of an orphan, I’m sort of not. I live here in White Star this big city on the planet moon of Coventry. That’s in the Federation if anyone’s wondering.

Gods…where do I start?

I guess at the first of stuff I guess.

Okay, I’m not normal because I’m Invitro conceived my birth mom was a soldier and I was born just like ten miles or so on the military base and I’m sort of a foster kid. My birth mom didn’t want to have any contact with me and they had me, left under sealed records and moved on.

I got assigned to a house unit and had foster parents assigned to me. Other than that I’m or I was and Army brat. The only real difference is well I go once a week every week for tests or something that they’re looking for in me.

Well that and I’m a tomboy much to the chagrin of my foster folks and stuff. My foster mom Jane is a pretty decent person but she’s just like most girls in the Federation. Dresses and skirts. Sometimes slacks or another dressy pant type but I’ve never really got it? Me I just don’t feel normal in them. I mean the slacks are okay and so are the dress pants but while I can take the skirts and stuff they just leave me feeling all kinds of unsettled.

I’ve never really felt what other girls get to feel. I mean in the Federation it’s pretty clear about the way things are set down. Women and girls are this, boys and men are this and that’s it.

Like the good book says.

Oh that’s the bible, the WBC edition.

Only I like the boy’s games and them building forts and playing games where you can be loud and run around and actually have fun. And I get into trouble every time I doff the skirts and I play with a few of the boys when they let me.

Because girl’s games can be fun but at the same time I’m or I was so sick of the toy kitchens and bake ovens and the Marcy dolls and all that stuff.

Did you know in the Federation even the ladies and girls bike all have three wheels and only have three gears?

That’s like no fair, and boys have their own channels for like cartoons and even on the radios and stuff all the stuff on the TV is like either family oriented or like separated by your gender.

I don’t watch the stuff because it gives me a headache a lot of the time.

It’s really lonely too being me…or it was.

See as wild as I was as a kid they sort of forgave that while shaking their heads but as soon as I started to bleed I was expected to fall into line and fit in. I just couldn’t do that no matter how much that I tried or prayed.

And then there’s the other kids who are pretty cruel and because I was a flat uncurvy girl they teased me and not all of it was about how ungirly I was.

Billy Cooper was talking to me about him going into the army as soon as he turned sixteen so he could be a legal citizen and stuff and Blair one of the popular girls didn’t like that and she started in on me and calling me names and stuff.

I told her. “God Blair you’re such a bitch! Why don’t you stick your head up your fat ass and fucking fight for air?”

Oh yeah girls are really never allowed to swear like that. You get like serious detention for it and too much and you get sent to the schools ministers office.

Okay it was kind of funny seeing how she might actually explode or something with like how made she got.

Then it was really unfunny when she screamed at me and she blew me out the side of the cafeteria.

Billy and a couple of the kids that were beside us were…they were dead…bodies all broken up and Billy had a chunk of re-bar coming out of his eye through the back of his head.

Me…I was alive…cut up but alive and I had this shield in front of me made of like misty blue white light and it was like those big round shields knights had but hovering in front of me connected somehow to my hands by this shimmery mist that was flowing off of them and I felt this strange feeling that…was flowing through my body.

I got up and my bra popped off under my uniform blouse and suddenly I hade boobies…good ones and I felt strange all over and my hair was a lot longer.

Blair…Blair was covering her mouth…upset, trying to hold back whatever was going on but people were running and she moved her hands to say something a few times…to het friends…and I saw this wave like heat but not but you know invisible but wavy hit them and send them slamming through the furnishings and tables.

Bonnie Timmens was right in the middle of the blast and she short blood out of everywhere before she was knocked down but she didn’t move like the rest she was like all floppy.

I…honestly I peed myself….I was so scared.

And Blair was still changing and her eyes were getting like filled with blood and her hair was going from blonde to black and there weren’t too many people left and there where sirens and stuff and she spotted me.

She turned her hate and stuff on me and I blocked it with the shield thingy by throwing my hands up. But I heard her screaming at me.

“You did this to me! You’re the freak; you’re the freak they made you! You ain’t even a real person!”

Okay she can talk now.

“Blair! Blair stop! We gotta stop this it ain’t right!”

“Ain’t right!...you fucking infected me you mutie freak…no it’s not gonna be alright it ain’t never gonna be alright!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

She laughed and it was on this crazy person’s laugh. “You we’re ever born…I heard me dad talkin about it…they made you in a fucking lab…from some mutie freak from off world…and not you got it in me!”

She screams at me or whatever again and I block myself again but my feet are digging little trenches in the dirt and I…

She’s going nuts…I gotta stop her…gotta…

Oh…I feel another wave of strange roll through me and with it that kind of fire in you when you get passed upset or mad.

My shield pulls back into my hands and I feel strong…like really strong and I run at her and she screams at me and I jump out of the way in mid run in this sorta diagonal way and I feel it first then see the sword form in my hand from the misty light stuff and I run her through before I can even think.

Blair screams and it’s a normal one and she arches and falls to the ground. I pull the blade out of her and there’s no blood just her on the ground twitching…crying and then puking.

I step back and then start to notice I’m built…not like a big guy or something but like I’m me but if I’d been on like those muscle drugs…my boobs are pretty much gone…I’m taller too and my clothes are too small for me and I feel funny just like before but in this other way…I mean just before…I felt like I changed into this finally right the way it was supposed to be version of me that would’ve fit in everywhere but this…

I want to run…do something I feel like I’m supercharged and want to just…

Then I hear guns clicking and energy guns priming and stuff as the police are here and SWAT and the MP and the power armored special anti mutant task force guys are there.

My foster father Paul’s there too with a gun but a sat-phone and he’s looking at me but talking to someone else. “Yessir heavy damages and casualties, one class three or higher mutant by the look of the damage. Oh and sir…Van’s crested and manifested…The project was a success…yes sir I’ll bring her in.”

I’m not a dummy…

Blair, people say the truth a lot in a blind rage.

Paul…and the project was a success.

Me…

Then I’m me again because suddenly I need to throw up and stuff and their closing in with guns and stuff but I can’t couldn’t stop puking.

Then Paul was there and I felt the bite of a needle and things went black.

……………………………………………………..I woke in scrubs and in a cell.

They said they had to make sure that I wasn’t dangerous and that’s when all the tests began and a lot of them and getting me to use my powers.

They had to…do things to hurt me until I stress triggered and the few times I balked at trying or doing exactly what they wanted me to do they sent in soldiers and they beat me with billy clubs and shock sticks until I triggered or passed out.

After the fifth time I tried get my foster mom or my foster dad to help me because they were always there.

Jane…she lowered her head and never said anything and walked away and Paul…Paul yelled at me in that army way.

“Listen here you little shit! What Blair said was true! You’re a project, made right here for us, the military, the government and that means that you are gonna do what we say! You got that Vanir? We literally own your ass! You’re fucking patented now shape the fuck up!”

Knowing I wasn’t real…that they made me.

I shaped up…there wasn’t really anything else to do.

Months and stuff went by and I missed all the holidays, the staff didn’t but yeah I missed Easter and Christmas…twice…

I was put into labs to get figured out and to see how I ticked and the rest was just sleep…trained…not if they didn’t have too. I was a dangerous mutant female…I’d be maybe good breeding stock for the next project.

I got to see them turn Blair’s emergence into a who thing of why now humans are dangerous and criminals and it they aren’t turned in as soon as possible they’ll end up going insane like Blair.

And they made up lies about her on TV and pretty much said that dissidence and gayness and drug use and a whole list of other things are signs of the change in mutant brain chemistry and to call the reward line.

Then they publically executed her.

Full police and military hanging.

Then there were a couple of football and snack commercials and then the ads for mutants to turn themselves in and get tested and saved! We can help you! You can be a military hero and fight to keep the Federation free and strong!

I learned that my time was coming…once they were done with me I was going to die and then autopsied and filed away…women don’t fight, and even if we did…how dare we defend ourselves right…

I learned a lot of stuff.

My headaches from the TV are the fact that the 24/7 subliminal messages weren’t working on me. They are constantly reinforcing the government’s policies and they’re good at it. They even have different audio frequencies for the sexes. Girls get this unpleasant thing when they watch mannish things and vice versa…and faith boosting, and patriotism.

And if a guy likes girl shows that telling isn’t it.

How do I know this stuff now?

Jimmy Cougar or just “Cougar.” He was a mutant human but he had feral powers and that made him look like a feline person. By federation law all “Anthros” are property of the government and get put into the military or culled.

His animal senses and brain made him immune to the government bullshit.

He was slated for execution or Culling but we shared a hall together.

We made plans together.

We escaped together.

I shifted to my Alpha state that’s the machoette version of me. I’m tougher like that, stronger like almost in the range of like power armor strong and faster too and I can heal really quickly. Oh and I get like six inches taller and lose breast tissue or it just gets spread out or something and I get about fifty pounds heavier all muscles, like this really buff kinda flat amazon.

And oh yeah the sword…it’s a psi blade as far as they could figure. I make like ectoplasm into a sword and it’s powered by psi energy and can either be like intangible and able to hit with this neural stun effect or it gets charge with telekinetic energy and it becomes like a vibro blade able to cut through…well anything.

They say because it’s all energy it pushes apart molecular bonds.

The other shift is the shield version of me they referred to as the Beta me. And when I shift my hips widen, I gain about twenty much needed pounds in curves and bust and my hair gets longer. My shield is so far indestructible as far as we know and I can make it cover someone up to ten feet from me and is a foot wide at it’s smallest and eight feet across at it’s largest.

Oh and I can heal wounds…I can’t do the shield thing when I’m doing it but if I wrap a wound in the misty light it’ll heal like it would naturally but like at a super rate but it tires me out doing it….but healing…being able too do that has kind of saved my soul.

It was a mutant jail break with me in alpha mode and Cougar running the show with some of the other “Inmates” and we stole a shuttle…we took a lot fire getting to the shuttle and we lost a third of us getting out and…

And I had to kill two guys in power suits…They had anti electrical stuff to protect them from stuff like lightning and stuff…they were going to kill me first and in alpha state it just was reflex…I didn’t like it, it just happened.

We were picked up by a ship from the very demonized Mutant Underground and we got out of there…

It took two months to get to New Haven and we were caught pretty fast by the Supers there…

I thought we were going to be jailed and worse when this one a dark scary guy called Shroud bumped into me and there was a note suddenly in my hand.

It read...Request political asylum.

“Uhm…We request political asylum…Uhm please?”

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmm... Parlay?

No doubt the government would get rid of them somehow as fast as they could either by sending them back or pushing them off on someone else. I kinda had a Capt. Jack moment with that "Request political asylum note. (Parlay?) I could just see the officials going, darn it!

Nice stuff here Bailey as usual.
hugs
Grover

New Haven is very "Bring me your tired, weak, and homeless."

Yes they do have their share of problems and a large amount of Meta's and Anthros as well as everything else it has this history. The Arkers and Exiles from the ship were here first even if found in stasis they started the trend. Next was New Haven was mostly colonized by French and other E.U. countries and culturally see themselves as a bit more tolerant. And finally and most importantly the Alien races...There are 4 major know races that have seriously large presences on New Haven and it's hard to be intolerant with them watching.

Refugees are pretty much brought into quarantines and then processed even meta's don't get checked until they break the law. There's a My powers, my body, my business law protecting them until they use their powers to cause harm.

But Federation refugees are always taken in. The Federation has gone to war wit New Haven Twice in the last 200 years over the ship and it's technology. They still want the ship because it would secure a hostile enity to Federation sanctity and other bullshit.

Great Comment Grover:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey

Bailey Summers

Her's is a government ripe to fall in a blood bath

All the lies.

All the brainwashing.

What if someone else get ontrol of the brainwashing? Gets the truth out or THEIR version of it. Instant worldwide revolt.

Foster mom and dad are asses. The poor bitch girl was set up. Another mutant experiment? As nasty as she was she did not desrve her fate. And the birth mom/dad? But then she was always an experiment.

One day this sick govt will fall and it will not be pretty.

She will be a great asset to her new home. Hope she can find love and contentment. So in at least one of her forms she's a buff Amazon?/ Hey Titan, we have another girlfriend for you!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

radio free federation?

maybe they need someone broadcasting the truth, no one likes to be manipulated.

A great chapter from a perspective we've heard about but not seen up close before.
thanks

"Live Free or Die." Is the biggest pirate radio truth out there.

It's run by what they figure is a "Terror Cell." That moves around and has access to spacecraft and are known affiliates of the Terrorist Mutant Underground and other illegal groups including the Hack Nation cyber terrorists and those Greenpeace disidents.

Glad you liked the different POV.
*Hugs and Howls.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

The Federation is like

the Republicans in the USA most right wing believers got to start their own system of colonies and sorry John...They control over 300 colony worlds. Add in a bit of the OTT stuff from the Starship Troopers movie governments and some steppfordism and then heavy Baptist Capitolism and you have the Federation.

There are dissidents, the signal has been hacked before but the responses have been fast and deadly and really after generations of subliminals in TV broadcasting the attempts have little widespread effect.

There are worse governments out there too though but the Federation is the biggest.

And Titan and her...Vana would be way to scared of him because of where she grew up. New Haven Boys are awful fast.

*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Vana

I love her/him! And wow, to see a little suggestion of mine turn into a fully fleshed out character is something amazing to witness. Well done!

DogSig.png

Yay! Thanks Dorothy!

Vanir/Vana was actually a great idea with the things you came up with and fleshed out gave me an Idea that just fit right in with my whole New Haven Universe story line.

*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Cold Galaxy

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Huh. So that's what other parts of the galaxy are like. All of a sudden Ark City, even with its problems and prejudices, looks pretty good. It's pretty clear what the Federation were after when they named her Vanir and her powers seem to match those expectations as some sort of old style warrior god.

What amazes me most though is Shroud showing an act of compassion! Mrs Champion I could see but are we talking the same idiot that Sunny has had serious problems with?!? Now that's an intriguing development. I can't help but wonder if Shroud is also a refugee from the Federation and it might even explain his attitude to women.

Thank you for another enjoyable story.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

It's a big Galaxy and there are some really great places.

But to show some of the federation and the way life is there is important as the whole setting is based off a RPG game that has been going on for a decade plus. New Haven is usually tied or rather intertwined with the federation some how.

As for Shroud...He's not from the Federation but he has his reasons.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Thank You Cliff:)

But a really good bit of the entire thing was Dorothy's Idea too I just fit Vana into the story universe. I'm really glad that you liked it though:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers