Started with a Prom Dress - 6 - A New Year

Printer-friendly version


Started With a Prom Dress - 6 - A New Year


By Jessie C



The doctor told us it wouldn’t get to this...
Dr. Walter’s to adopt her as a Sister and be her Guardian...
Carl’s latent male development maybe because he’s a female and testosterone medication suppresses her development to a dangerous point...
Deborah Walters being my sister…


=^_^=


Mom and Ma Miller gave me hugs and said goodbye as I was to go shopping with Dr. Deb. She was becoming my official Guardian and I was adopted as her little Sister. It was nice to be leaving with Deb and have things settle in. My heart was aching, not wanting to lose anyone.

One of the first things as we drove, Deb told me, “My name to you is ‘Debbie’.” She's very happy and while it's what I hoped for I didn’t expect it to happen this fast. I was very sad to say goodbye to my Mom.

We stopped at Maurice’s as Debbie said it's one of her favorites and we were there for shopping therapy. I hadn’t been to Maurice’s before but found them to have nice young women fashions. Sis signed me up to get a Maurice’s Card. It gave me a 15% discount on purchases today. I was surprised at how quickly my fashion look was changing. Debbie introduced me to her favorite saleswoman. Bonnie helped me find my look. Later she suggested I might want to change my hairstyle to have more curls or a wavier look.

I purchased two dresses, two skirts, designer jeans, and several tops. I was in vogue with a layered look to my wardrobe. Thankfully, I'm not a stamped copy of anyone else's taste. Debbie bought me two bracelets and Bonnie gave me a pinky ring as well as an extra camisole with nice lace and crocheted trim. Two stores away was a women’s lingerie shop, not as known as Victoria’s but it's a very nice shop and known well to professional women. The panties, bras, and hose all were exceptional in how they felt. Looking sexy falls short in expectation if it would be uncomfortable to wear. Valery’s Lingerie was exceptional both in how the clothes looked and felt.

I paid for things with my own money that I had saved or was given me through the courts. I know many think doctors are made of money, but my Sister was just finishing her Specialty Residency and had a good portion of her education yet to pay for. We both saw my situation as a joy, but it put more pressure on Debbie.

It was 5:10 p.m. when we showed up at Trinity’s Salon. It did not look to be anything special from the outside, but all three beauticians were 25-35 in age. Marsha took me to her area and asked if I would like to add some curls and body to my hair. This would be a permanent, Marsha's gifted at talking to customers and she did a lot in drawing me out and listening.

They all spoke well of Deb and were very inquisitive about Deb adopting me as a sister. Tricia came over and was doing my nails as I was under the dryer. The nails were drying as Marsha took me back to brush out my permanent. Debbie took pictures of me as I was watching Marsha. I could not help tearing up I was looking better and more like a regular girl.

Debbie and I went to dinner before my going back to the Miller’s. I took a new dress and a new outfit. Dawn was out on a date so it was much later before I got to see her.

I changed into some shorts and a casual top and watched TV with the family. Cassie was in my lap as I hugged her. Soon the TV was turned down; we began to talk about how it would be different not living there. I would be forever their fourth daughter and hopefully could stay there at times.

Ma Miller took me off alone to the nook off the kitchen. She thanked me for the change and tried to apologize for things not working there. “Maybe if, I had drawn the boundaries a bit stronger or came down a little harder?”

“Mom, you and Dawn helped me so much; you were my harbor amid the storm. Dawn was and is my sister and friend, but I was a teen boy as well as a girl… I wouldn’t have made it without you. But I needed to leave become more like a niece and cousin.”

Dawn came home early from her date as I and her family would be forever on my mind. Dawn hugged me and it was back to being her sister. She and Mom had me model my dress and outfit. Dawn said she liked the new look and said it was me. She asked me if we would still be going out with the girls Saturday night.

We decided to dress up and go out together for a nice dinner. Dawn and Sandy complained their guys will watch TV if there is one available. They'd be walking to the bar area to get scores or making fun of our topics. We chose a very nice seafood place near the shore.

I wasn’t a big seafood eater but decided I could handle the night. I hesitated to order, and Denise convinced me to try the Seafood Sampler. She gave me a taste of her shrimp appetizer. Had my tastes changed as I was becoming girly or had they matured? Whatever it was my good fortune as I got to enjoy dinner as well as the conversation.

Some guys tried to invite themselves and even offered to pay for our dinners, but we held our ground, for a while at least. Everyone like the change Debbie introduced me to, my skirts were styled, and gone was the straight hem across. I did a web search for Maurice’s online and the others liked much of what they saw.

Several times they had me stand as they spoke of other styles, and how girls the same size or height could differ in what was good for their appearance. They were showing me off to see how the boys around us reacted.

Without any warning to me, each began to share which two guys each of us found cute and interesting. While I was the last to answer, it was my choice they were waiting for. The two guys I liked were in the same group of five guys. Dawn took me by the hand and we walked over to them. "Danica here is interested in going to where we could dance, and there are two in the group she is fairly interested in dancing with. We're wondering if you guys know such a place and were interested in taking us?"

I was embarrassed, I could have choke Dawn on the spot. “That was cruel for you to set her up like that,” said one of the guys.

“I’m Pete,’ said another guy, “and I’m going steady, so that will rule me out of dancing unless Jaz is home from her job." Jeremy is the one who came to my aid, "Is it Danica?" He is one of three running unattached right now. "The truth be told, Pete, James, Travis, and Mike as well as myself all see you as hot. The Carousel is the only place for dancing nearby. “

“So why are you pushing on Danica as the bait to see if we want to go dancing?”

“We have boyfriends but would be willing to go to a dance. Danica has been dating two guys but one is going away to college and the other is on the way out. So we figured she was the most available as ‘live bait’ as you say.”

“I’m going to need to be on my way home by 11:00,” I confessed. The guys said, "Let’s get going."

Luckily, the Carousel lounge was a few miles closer to home, and the guys were willing to spring for the tickets and refreshments once we got in. Jeremy asked me what grade I was in as he did not want to disappoint me since he was only going to be a junior. I told him except for Sandy we were all would-be juniors.

Dawn called back home and we were given to 11:30 to be out since it was a weekend and school was out. Jeremy and Pete were the two impressing me, though Travis was, originally #2 on my list. Travis was a quarterback and a star basketball player, but I felt he and sports were his favorite topics. Pete had at least an inch on Jeremy and consensus had him as cuter. But I was leaning toward Jeremy and while he said he was shy, he asked me to take a walk with him.

I grabbed my purse and took out a tic-tac mint as we walked. I offered one to him and he said, “Yes, I probably need it since I haven’t been home since going to work.” I gave him two. He said, “I hope you aren’t misleading me; I’m nervous around girls and usually say or do something wrong.”

“You’re sensitive and open and while that might leave you vulnerable. I would say it’s not wrong, but who you are.” The walk wasn’t very long, so I paused before going back in. “I want you to know I enjoy being with you.”

“Does that mean if I am going to kiss you it should be now?” I didn’t say anything, nor did I move for the door. Soon Jeremy’s hand touched my back and drew me to him. I enjoyed his kiss.

“For a shy guy, you didn’t take too long and the only thing I have to say is…(kiss with a warm hug)” Sandy did me the favor of taking Pete for the last few dances. I gave Jeremy my phone number, saying I was over 30 miles away so it might be hard getting together.”

It was eleven o’clock when we started home; everyone enjoyed themselves. My three friends seemingly enjoyed watching me. “You girls are taking a lot of pride and amusement in me aren’t you?”

“You don’t know how often girls would like to make a guy better by making him into a girl.”

“Wouldn’t that defeat your purpose if you liked him?”

“That is why it is so nice when you’re dating others and more like a friend or sister. …It is like a gift or a make-believe story.” Sandy spoke up, “This is neater than playing ‘Barbie’.”

Denise, “I’ve grown up with you and it is like seeing Linus let go of his blanket, and instead of becoming a grown man he becomes a princess.” (Linus is a character in the long-running ‘Peanuts’ Cartoon series.) I am glad you are not ‘Charlie Brown’ but I am very happy to be your friend.”

Denise and I were sharing the back seat and after she spoke we gave each other a big hug and shared some tears. Dawn turned around and was wondering if we were making out. Finally, she came out and asked, but I wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of saying anything. Dawn looked to Denise for help; Denise smiled and said, “Danica, it might be helpful for you to check your makeup before you get home.”

Denise’s car was at the Millers so we all went our way to be home as close to the curfew as possible. Aunt Susan Miller was up and wanting to hear everything. Dawn and I were both texting away as we visited with her.

Ma Miller was happy that the evening went so well. She like her daughter is happy, not surprised that I am progressing along in developing as Danica. She thought it was cute how the other girls set me up. She laughed big time about Denise and me returning the favor of not telling Dawn something.

=^_^=


My progression to fully become a girl was likely to take a few years and what I should expect was largely unknown. Though Dr. Deb had suggested the possibility of a quicker and more natural progression even that was not likely to be known for a while.

We went to church and again I had mixed feelings as I was enjoying worshiping there but it was a distance from Deb’s. I didn’t know if faith and church would be of interest to Deb. I know she had a busy schedule and that my relatives out of school did not attend that much.

Deb had called over to go bike riding but backed off when Susan mentioned church. I was surprised when Dr. Deb showed up and went to church with us. The church had a new pastor that had arrived six months earlier and he shared about a Ramona Kolb who was to preach and be presented the following week to be called as a Co-Pastor.

Both the service today and the possibility of a second good minister who would be a woman were of interest to Deb. After church Deb asked what might be a good time to come by and pick up me and my stuff. “I don’t mean to be pushy but it would help me to get her a bit settled in before the work-week started. If you want her for a night or two in the coming weeks that's possible.

"You are her family like I would like to be, I think an amicable transition would be to everyone’s benefit. Dad Miller suggested we go to eat, talk things over, and go from there. Deb was still hoping to bike but she gave up her plans and went to eat with us.

She did ask if we had been on the Running/Bike Trail that began less than a mile from their house. Robert had asked about how hard it would be changing over from dress clothes to biking clothes. Deb confessed, “It seems harder when a woman first does it, but it’s not that hard once you get used to it.”

Cassie turned heads saying, “Dad does pretty good in changing over, but I haven’t seen her in bicycling clothes.” There was a moment before what Cassie said registered with Deb. She then looked at me, Robert, and Susan and just quietly took things in.

Dad asked Deb to have a drink and visit with him if she would, but when we realized their discussion would take a while, Ma took the rest of us home. I had changed out of my church clothes and began organizing what I could take in Deb’s car today. Jeff had stopped over and Dawn and I went back over to his house. I enjoy being around him, I like his kisses and arms but we are not looking at each other in the same way.

When I got back, Deb and Robert were back and warm friends. It was now time to get home with Deb. Susan, Robert, and Deb had loaded the car including my bike on the carrier with Deb’s. I napped an hour after we got home. Deb was organized, studying, and working over two different tables. I suspected that as a resident she had a lot of studies, but these were patients of hers and others in the clinic.

It was 11:30 p.m. when the phone rang and it was Dr. Myrt wanting Debbie to come to the hospital. I asked if I could go with her, and Deb said it was not a matter if I could or not. She just warned me it had a good chance of being a long night and with little for me to do. There was also very little chance of her having time for me. She said, “If you would be out of people’s way, I would like you to go."

I say, "Being alone in a strange apartment need not be frightening, but I probably won't sleep until you or your roommate are here anyway.”

Her roommate was engaged and not home most nights so I quickly dressed. I took a book and am in the car with her within three minutes. An eight-mile ride to the hospital was shorter than it should be. Dr. Myrt greeted us saying the specialist on call was not responding and the need was immediate. Dr. Myrt was informing Deb as they prepared for surgery. A surgical team was drawn together and it had two nurses usually use to assisting the surgeon. Deb chose to go with the younger assistant saying she wanted the more experienced nurse overseeing the whole surgery.

After the surgery had begun, the charge nurse asked if I wanted to see what my sister was doing. I was surprised as I thought it would be Deb assisting Dr. Myrt, but Varina explained that while Dr. Myrt headed up the clinic and was probably the best OB/GYN doctor in the area, and a crucial part of delivering babies and simpler surgeries. They were bringing on Dr. Walters as their head surgeon and the hospital’s #2 surgeon for women.

She told me about the complication of the case. A young woman of 22, hurt in an accident. The first concern was saying her life, and Dr. Myrt wanted to save the chance of the woman to keep her reproductive organs intact if at all possible. Within a half-hour the young woman was stable, and within the next forty minutes, her reproductive system was back intact but needing delicate work to increase the likelihood of it functioning with little to no hindrance. Deb asked the senior surgical nurse to work with Dr. Myrt to clean and stitch the head cuts.

The Senior Nurse was also a Physician’s Assistant and Dr. Myrt’s oversight could do more technical medical procedures. Dr. Deb had expected another specialist to be there by now and addressing the woman’s injured ankle. Without seeing the situation, the surgeon had already decided to wait and let an antibiotic to run its course and the expected swelling to go down.

Deb had asked the scan and extras be brought to OR and decided from them to proceed to clean and reattach certain ankle parts before wrapping up their part of the operation. They were done just around 3 a.m. Dr. Myrt informed the family as Dr. Deb was checking first on her patient. I was in the hall but at a distance, I could not hear what Debbie was saying, but I was moved by what she was doing. She hugged me as she was going to see the family, “I am proud of you Danica, you’re quite the young woman.”

It would be 4 a.m. before I would see her again. Again she was hugging me and thanking me. She said, "Dr. Myrt had gone home and had volunteered to take you home for me."

I said, “I didn’t know how special you were and that you are primarily a surgeon. You were terrific in their saving her life and doing all you did.”

“I don’t know who told you that, but I won’t know for a while if we save her life. There was nothing special about it; each woman deserves the best care we can give her. Some people want her to be thankful for however she comes out. A man has more empathy for another man. If that were you on the table, I would want nothing less for you, my sister, or my mother.”

“But you are gifted and talented and that is way more special, I am proud of you.”

“I felt your pride, and if I am right I felt your prayers. I suspect some of what I have is a gift or natural talent. I’ve studied hard, but between gifts I never earned and so much that happens that I don’t understand, I can’t be so proud of myself, as I'm in awe of how much happened.”

“My Mom worked hard to instill us with a desire and discipline to learn, and my parents did what they could in helping us three. I didn’t earn that. That young woman trusted me, I could feel it in the way she relaxed, I asked her to hang in there and then asked if I could take longer to work on her ankle. She didn’t panic, she said yes every step of the way. …I am going to check on her now and again in a half-hour, but if it takes until after 5:00 I want to make sure she is stable and out of the woods.”

I ask, “Then we can go get some breakfast!”

Deb giggles at me, “Breakfast, you’re not going to rush home and grab as much sleep as possible?”

“If things go well after a long night, there’s nothing better than a good breakfast, and even better would be to share it with someone special like you. I haven’t had that for a long time.”

My eyes watered as I hugged her, “Get going and see her through.” I went out to the waiting area and bumped into Heather’s family and friends; they comforted me saying I was in the right place. I'm sure they thought I was a family member of another patient.

“Oh, don’t mind me, it’s been a long night and I’m just happy.” It was then that I learned their person was Heather and the people were her parents, a sister, and a friend. And they learned I was Dr. Deb Walter’s sister.

They remarked that I was also pretty, but there were only a few similarities in our appearance. “I can only hope she rubs off on me. She adopted me as a younger sister. I knew she was a doctor, but it was only tonight I discovered she’s a surgeon and a very good one. She loves your daughter and wanted to do right by her.”

They shared about their daughter, her accident, and what they were first saying when she came into the hospital. “I didn’t even know your daughter’s name, but I prayed for her and my sister.”

Janice followed me as I left the waiting area, wanting to talk to me. The two of them had been to a nightspot, but they had only a glass of wine over three hours. “Her Mom dislikes me because I am a lesbian and afraid that I am going to change her daughter. I’m not sure if we’re special friends or how she sees me.”

I hugged her, “I don’t know what to say, I guess I am young and naive but I think love is hard to label. Someone might say Heather is special because she looks beautiful, but what if the accident had changed that. I think having a friend that comes and stays is enough for today. If she does love you, I can see possible reasons why. I think relationships are special to us as women. I feel bad when a woman becomes cold to be more like the world we live in.”

Deb came by and said she needed to take Janice away for a moment. It would be good news all around Heather was well enough that they could visit for a few minutes and that she was taking me home. We went out to breakfast and I was surprised by how much she ordered. For me, it was the time, not the special meal.

“Debbie, I don’t know what to say, I think you are so special and I am proud to be your little sister. I am frustrated; you are like a Teflon person when it comes to praise. Except for those working around the edges you were the youngest there… I didn’t even know surgery was your main job. …Dr. Myrt says you’re better than her, you are their surgeon.”

She says, “It sounds like you could be a one-person fan club. What happened was Dr. Myrt was on duty for ER and Intensive Care; ER was already busy so she evaluated Heather and called the surgeon who should have come, but did not respond. Instead of going down a list, she called me because I was able to do the surgery. It is part of my work and what I like to do, no big thing.”

“There you go and discount me again, Heather’s folks thought it was big, the charge nurse who was up with me in the viewing arena and several others thought it was a big thing. You say it’s nice to have me here.”

I say, “How come you know so much about my possibilities and you didn’t even tell me what you can do surgically for me?”

“But that’s it Danica, if I look at surgery as a quick fix, I might overlook the best way for you or another patient to be helped. You could look girly, but what if you found out later you spent more and got less."

I readied myself for bed, taking make-up off, skin moisturized and hair took care of and as my head hit the pillow I was asleep. I did know Debbie kissed me on the cheek and said, “Thanks Sis, I love you.”

Deb showered to freshen herself up and was back to the hospital for her first of two surgeries beginning by 10:00 a.m.

I was up answering a phone call from Dawn asking me if I was going to the school’s State Tournament Baseball Game. I was tired and it hadn’t been my school, though it would be in the fall. Zach, Jeff, and Mitch all would be playing.

I went but Dawn and Sandy thought I was exaggerating about Deb. But someone at the game knew of the accident and by noon the news was touting the woman’s well-being as a minor miracle.

Our game was locked at 3-3 in the last inning with the other team threatening to score and their best batter up with one out. The batter hit a line drive down toward Mitch. Mitch had to dive to catch it. Mitch caught the ball and quickly doubled off the base runner for a double play.

Mitch is better than the average player, but he's even better when things get tense. He hit a good double and would have stayed there but he ran to third on a weak throw to second base. They won the game when Mitch was able to score.

Mitch picked me up and twirled me around, “I never had a girl there for me before, it feels good and you look so good!”

“Yes, I am the prettiest girl you have presently,” I said with a big smile.

Mitch slides me down till our lips even then gave me a nice kiss. I am glad he thought of holding my skirt from sliding up, but Dawn said, “It was special enough for a picture.”

“Someone sent it over the internet as “the SWEET TASTE of Victory’.”

We didn’t stay around as Sandy joked, “You look tired and worn out. I’m glad he’s smart enough to say you are pretty and that they took the pictures of you. Let’s get you home and rested, in case the next time it's a close-up.”

Dawn held her phone camera as she showed how high the skirt rose in the front. I was half embarrassed, otherwise, I enjoyed it. Dawn asked me if I excited him and I just chose not to answer. Third basemen usually wear bikes so it’s hard to tell.

We were on the way back when Dawn called my home and told, “Dr. Deb, it is Dawn and we’re on the way home and were wondering if we got some pizza or Chinese could we eat there?”

“One, call me Debbie when I am away from work, secondly, where would you go for Chinese?” Debbie already knew they didn’t know her area... "Then tell me what you like and when you would be here," Sis ordered it and she was on the way back from picking it up when we arrive home.

We didn’t hear Debbie coming in and we were sitting around. “So Danica how long have you been sitting around like that?” Dawn and Sandy looked and knew what Debbie was talking about.

The past two weeks responded Dawn, especially when she’s been wearing sandals. “Why,” I asked?

“Your sister is making fun of you becoming a regular girl and sitting on your feet.”

“I’m not making fun, I just hadn’t seen it. Now, help open up the containers and let us eat.”

“Thanks, Mrs. W… oops, sorry, Debbie. …Oddly, we can’t adopt you as a mom.”

Deb says, “Change it before Dawn is on my bad side; anything interesting happen at the game?”

Sandy spoke up, “Dawn has some pictures of Danica and Mitch that are cute.” Dawn and Debbie sat together and went through the pictures. Danica cringed at some but was told to relax.

“I would like a copy of that one to put away for her graduation or a needed bribe.” Debbie sent it over to Dawn's email so they could see it on a larger screen. The computer screen showed what Debbie quickly saw. The pink of my panty was showing as well as my tongue as we kissed. Luckily that was not all caught by the picture that made the next day’s sports section.

The picture did make the rounds on the internet and YouTube, and the next Monday made it to Leno’s Headlines. “Now that could make me interested in baseball. Someone said, this guy is known for a good glove, but all we can tell is he has good hands and good taste in girls.”

Deb ended up sitting next to Danica as they ate. “So Dani when did you start choosing to eat fish?”

“I don’t know the other night I tried a seafood sampler because I wasn’t hungry but I thought I should try something new. Would it be normal for my tastes to change as a girl? …The nice thing I get full easier but then with Chinese, I can go to the frig and nibble later or use it for another meal.”

“Dani told us about your surgery last night. Then we heard from others at the game, but some didn’t believe it could be Danica’s older sister that the surgeon had to be older and more experienced. Someone set the critic straight. We were glad because Danica was getting upset.”

When Danica wasn’t saying anything, we noticed she had gone to sleep in Debbie’s arm. Several pictures were taken and then Dawn and Sandy picked things up and let Debbie enjoy her sleepy sister.

=^_^=


This morning Danica slept in Debbie’s bed, Deb would sleep in the roommate’s room, or the couch, or on the floor in Debbie’s room. They hadn’t talked about it. Deb helped her get undressed and sent her to shower.

Debbie also was turning in early and was down to her panties and robe taking off her make-up. Danica shampooed and conditioned her hair and soon had a towel around her hair, another around her body as she traded places with Deb at the sink to care for her skin. She did watch her sister getting into the shower, but it was as a younger developing girl looking up to her well developed big sister.

Debbie told me I was not sleeping in Robin’s room or on the couch, “We can go out and look tomorrow, but tonight I will just scoot over. We have a queen-size bed, so hopefully, you don’t mind.”

I read a little waiting for Debbie to be ready for bed. I had on teddy bear pajamas and Debbie a short nightshirt and we agreed to use one sheet. Debbie asked me if I ever prayed, then asked me to say a prayer.

“Thanks, God for hearing my prayers and for giving me a new home. I thank you for my sister. I now know she’s gifted by you to be a wonderful doctor. Gifted as she is, may your blessing be upon her to be an instrument of your healing. Being my sister is not big in the scheme of things but that is why she is special to me. We pray for the blessing of friends, the well-being of Heather and I know there is so much more, but I am tired. Thanks for being gracious and to be here. Amen.”

It wasn’t long and I smelled the scent of Debbie in bed. Debbie, you smell so nice, do you think there is a powder or spray that has a light scent that might be good for me. Debbie reached for her night table and gave me a light spray of her mist spray.

I woke up as we slept and we were closely side by side. It was 4.30 and Debbie didn’t need to be up for 30 more minutes. “Come here please,” she said to me. She was lying awake on her back and I laid my head on her shoulder.

I didn’t get up with her, but, I was up before she left. She was hoping to be off early so we could go looking for what we needed. She called just before office visits started saying I needed to see Mitch’s picture in the sports section of the paper. She did not warn me that I was in it.

She did have other information to share. Dr. Myrt was renting her house down the shore just a block off the beach. Debbie suggested I call to see if Dawn and/or Denise or Sandy would want to go. She was signing me up for a contest as well. She hung up before she could hear my questions.

Since I was up by eight on a summer weekday, I texted both Dawn and Denise and after a half-hour called each to find out why they were ignoring me. Denise said, "Well forget what she said, it had to do with not getting up before 11. if she wasn’t working. Dawn had three calls about our picture in the paper. She said, “No, your tongue is not showing."

Someone somewhere was suggesting it could bring back pin-up pictures. I asked both of them about going to the seashore and the dates. Each thought it was a good idea but they needed to find out what they were doing for vacation.

Surfing the web, knowing our beach area Dawn surmised I might be signing up for the Miss Ocean County Teen Queen. I text Debbie and said that better not be it. Debbie’s reply was “It made sense for someone who started with a prom dress.”

I text, “lol”.

She would pick me up a little after 3:00 as we had three stops before 5:30, "Dress nice but casual."

Debbie was home by 3 p.m. and we drove to two apartment complexes. Debbie said, "Robin’s wedding would be in late August, so it might be a good time to consider moving. If Middlesex was a good experience plus there are friends; we should consider it." The apartments were nice but nothing special and the complexes were not in the best shape. We found one nice set of apartments, but the people were not excited about renting to a sister who was a guardian for another sister.

The last was a nice bungalow style house that was for rent and eventual sale. The woman selling it was recently widowed eight months before. She was moving to an independent living complex. The rent was workable, but the house could be sold out from under us.

Debbie contacted banks but at least $100,000 was being requested as a down payment because of our circumstances, and to get it to a mortgage payment we could afford. Both Deb’s parents and Dr. Myrt thought it would be an unwise and risky move at this point. I disobeyed a court order and contacted my natural parents. I asked they consider $25,000 as my investment portion.

I was surprised they accepted my call and did not immediately turn down my request other than to say $25,000 was not workable. Dad would want to see the house before he and Mom considered what they might do. Dad did remark both Dr. Walters and her sister had both made an impression in the papers.

I thought he meant about my picture with Mitch and I did not see that to my advantage. When he came to the house we were looking at, he had the article and complimented where I was quoted about speaking up for my sister’s surgical abilities that spoke to her ability and experience in light of her youth.

Dad complimented the woman selling the house stating it was in very good shape. He stated he had worked for her husband and knew their name to be of a good reputation. He told the woman that he was my uncle and did have some responsibility for me, but he needed Dr. Walters to adopt me and become my guardian.

He looked to Deb and assured her he could give $15,000 as my portion of the investment into the house, and would try to secure up to $20,000 if possible. When Deb said her maximum was $75,000 leaving no cushion. He stated she should use no more than $40-50,000, as a safety cushion was a necessity, not an option. He requested her parents’ phone number and gave a call. Grandma Rose was visiting and they would give $40,000 toward the down payment and five thousand toward furnishings.

The Widow suggested we contact the realtor from her house and offer 5 no, $7,000 less for the purchase price. Dad said while we could offer $15-30,000 less, it would be beneficial not to devalue the home. The Walters had requested with their gift that my dad update the electric circuits of the home. It would require a whole new updated service to be done on the house a minimum value close to $2,000.

Dad shared that Mom already agreed, and everything was targeting an August 1, closing date, which made August 15, quite realistic. The realtor received our call, the price was agreed and binding agreements would be in writing and signed come Saturday.

My trip to the Mall became a problem because of the newspaper picture.

We left and went back to Maurice’s and Debbie spoke to them about me being in a Miss Teen Pageant. Deb’s saleswoman showed us what she had, but also suggested we come back the following Wednesday and they would have a specialist with a complete contingent of what we would need for such a venture with their sponsorship.

I was threatening to pull the plug on the contest when Debbie suggested I call Denise or Dawn before making a decision. I was dead serious, I wasn’t going to look like a fool; trying to pass as a girl worthy of the pageant with no talent. Dawn said, "You should sing and enjoy yourself and get to be that girl in beautiful dresses again. Sing with recorded music, you would challenge the contest to get contemporary to be of interest to today’s youth. There would be no way you had to worry about winning.

=^-^=


I had a crazy idea, it was to get into Sis’s files and research illness and health areas questioned in the file. Debbie’s computer indicated some of her most-used research sources. I spent from 9-11:30 doing the research when I got called that we were to be leaving a half-hour earlier. I did not mean to show off what I did but I left the file and my notes out to be easily seen.

The Blue Jays were behind early in the game first 0-5 and going into the fifth inning were still behind two runs to five. Mitch was the second batter and hit a double that he stretched into a triple again. They did tie the game, but they didn’t win it. I can say I wasn’t very disappointed as photographers were getting ready for another photo-opt.

Jeremy, however, did find me and shared, “It’s a nice photo for a guy going away to college.” We did wish him luck on our way out.

When we called Sis about eating on our way back or at home, Debbie asked if I told others about my little project; then she told me to don’t but to get home. The tone of her voice sent an anxious panic through me. I asked Sandy and Dawn just to take me home, but they were upset I wouldn’t share what concerned me. They took me up to the apartment and Debbie was cordially warm over their short stay and I relaxed a bit.

“Did I not tell you that I cannot share about my clients and how important confidentiality is? (I nodded) Why, then did you get into my files and end up leaving them out on the table?”

“I wasn’t seeking to know who they are, but to help with some of your research and I wouldn’t have let Sandy, Dawn, or anyone see them. …I did tell Dawn and Sandy about seeking to buy a house in Middlesex. “

“I could lose my job, Dani. It’s not that I don’t trust you, but I don’t want you looking at my patients like they are a condition or that you know information about them. Do you know it’s against the law for me to share information with you about my patients and things in our clinic and at the hospital? I’m concerned about us…” Deb stopped and just stared at me and I was shaking and ready to cry.

“Danica, you’re shaking and ready to cry.” She hugged me and said, “I’m worried that…" I just broke down sobbing and I tried to push you away.”

“You’re worried that this isn’t going to work out and that I am a mistake,” I said, “aren’t you?”

But Debbie wouldn’t let go of me but pulled me into a hug. “O Sport, you’re worried that whenever you make a mistake or I say something that I’m not going to love you?”

She sat me down and just looked at me, I couldn’t tell her how scared I was, but I saw that she saw. She wasn’t mad nor leaving me. “I, I didn’t mean to hurt or disobey you,” I said stuttering and sobbing. “I love, love you and me, I will do what I, I can to be a good girl.”

Debbie giggles as she calmly said, “You are precious. You are my sister in my heart, not just on paper. I am sad you are scared. You need to talk to Sara your counselor about this, but together it’s going to take time and assurance that I will be here for you.”

“I won’t mince words, there are some things you can’t do, and things I will not tell you about. You may be tempted to think it’s something between us, but I am staying in your life and I won’t push you away or leave you.”

“You know, you did some good research and I would be happy to have your help, but you don't know and aren’t to guess who the patient is. …I don’t expect you to be a good little girl. You are quickly becoming a young woman in my eyes and you need to know I am there for you as your sister.”

“Sis, not to just change the subject, but my nipples and breasts are bothering me.” She had me undress to my panties and had me stand and then lie on her bed. She touched my nipples and smirked, and then it was the puffiness of my breast.

She got a solution to take off my vagina gaff and examined me there. “This is as your Sister, not your doctor, but you appear to become a young woman. I would suggest that you not be ashamed to explore yourself.” Touching different areas, watching me respond to some, she told me my body would be changing and I would likely experience new sensations in different areas and different ways.”

“You can talk to me or Denise or Dawn, I am sure they would be more than happy to show you how to explore yourself. Sometimes girlfriends even help one another.”

“I forgot to tell you my good news. The Hospital here and the Clinic want to offer me contracts as a regular surgeon and doctor if I am open to staying here.”

I ask, “Were you planning on moving away? Where were you hoping to go?”

“I wanted to go to NYC or Philadelphia, I already had interest from Columbia Presbyterian, NYC, and Thomas Jefferson, western Philadelphia, I have an interview with John Hopkins and a private practice linked there. …I would make more money and benefits there, but most want to pay me less because I have been here.”

“So are we going to go somewhere else or stay here?”

“We are most likely going to stay here, but I want more than is being offered and I want to know before I sign for the house. My parents don’t know about Thomas Jefferson for now. I could commute to NYC but I wouldn’t be much of a sister if I did.”

“Would you feel like you missed showing them how good you are if you don’t go to one of the big hospitals? My Mom has been sick a lot and tries to go to Columbia Presbyterian if she can. That is an enormous hospital and important people have gone there.”

“I could move if it is important to you.”

Deb, “I think I have found with Dr. Myrt and you much of what I am looking for. I think being here I have more time to be me. …Danica, now I ask you, I gave you a push to the teen pageant, but I am not going to force you into it. Did you ever see a pageant and want to be one of the girls in it?”

“Maybe?”

“And you didn’t say anything when Maurice's arranged to have a contest consultant to come out. I do want to know if you are willing and wanting to do it.”

“I am willing because you said you were signing me up for the miss teen contest.” I paused and we were both quiet. I knew Debbie wanted me to say yes, for myself. She was right I already dreamed and thought about it, and was looking forward to doing it. But I wanted to be able to say “Debbie made me do it.”

“Yes, Sis, I do want to try it, but I need a job. Being a girl takes a lot plus I want to be able to do things. It's one thing to be your little Sis, but I don’t want to be treated like a little girl.”

“Your parents give money both to help with expenses and some spending money…”

“But if I was there I would be working for part of my spending money and saving part for college? That is the way I have been brought up. It sounds like you were too.”

Dawn, Sandy, Denise, and I talked about the Miss Teen Contest and then called the Director of the Miss Jersey Shores Teen Pageant. Ma Miller knew and the Director confirmed that more contestants from more counties elevated the importance and prestige of the Pageant. Final applications were due Monday, but if we could get two entrants in addition to mine they would wave half of our $75 entrance fee.

Dawn said she was willing, while Denise and Sandy were both going to be away. But Denise text a classmate from our school who liked doing things like this and quickly got a yes. She would use it in preparation for their community’s contest come Labor Day Weekend. I called Sis and she was sure her sister and mother knew possible teens from Mercer County. Dawn called friends from Somerville and Manville in Somerset County and by Friday morning we had six people from five counties registering for the contest. It would be two contestants more than Atlantic City’s which was over July 4th. And it would be four contestants more than Asbury Park usually had on a good year.

Come Saturday morning Debbie and I went bicycling at 6, we used a bicycling path that I did not know of though. We went through two parks, up close to Washington Rock and back in another direction. It would have been at least a 20-mile circuit, but it went so fast and I am not up to it. Debbie said “It was just less than thirty miles and between your exercising and eating properly you shouldn’t be surprised. If you would exercise seriously and do some aerobics you would be in better shape and have a more feminine body.”

I thought if I exercised too much I would look more boy-like. "No, the right weight training would help the right areas. You need to read more on women’s health in magazines and websites."

Sandra, Denise’s friend Sandy would organize her stuff on her own. Dawn and I would meet with the consultant from Maurice’s on Monday. They had two full-length gowns that we chose and spoke of alterations to make them pageant ready. We chose two short dresses for talent performance and a third long gown as a back-up.

We went over regular cosmetics and fine jewelry and the proper use of each. When the consultant heard what I was doing for the talent competition; she had another idea for me as well.

She told me we would use basic make-up so I could be out in the community when I wasn’t required to be at a Pageant required function. She wanted me and Dawn to be well-rested, to behave, and to get out to the beaches and communities. I want you to help others consider coming and feeling good about the event is here. Not self-promoting, I want you to come across as a warm person that they can relate to. Judges will directly or indirectly hear about you.

It was a long day but I liked what Dawn and I accomplished. It was nice to be friends and share the time. I liked seeing Dawn as a friend and sister, she is hot to look at, I thought she would be a great princess.

The night was long as Debbie was called out, but she wanted some research done before the morning work began. I stayed home and worked on the research and we both got to bed shortly after 3:00 am. She was up at 6:30 and I was up for her by 7. We have about 11 days before vacation and 18 before the pageant. Dr. Myrt said I could stay at the beach with her if Dawn or I won and needed to stay. Not very likely for me though I would stay to help Dawn.

Before vacation, I had my regular appointment with Dr. Myrt. Nurse Beth called me back to an exam room, took my vitals, and then said this will be different as she told me to put on the exam clothes. A younger new intern Barb knocked to make sure I had changed and was ready. “I am sorry it can’t be your Sister, but I am happy to be here and to get to know you.” Some of the touches will be sensitive so please let me know if we need to slow down or stop.

Barb was right, it was more than I expected. My sensitivity was growing, and I was worried about my boyhood response. “Dr. Deb told me to expect that, but do not worry it does not mean your body development is going the wrong way. You are steadily developing as a young woman. If you do not mind Dr. Myrt asked me to see if I could take you to an orgasm. It may seem strange but should be quite enjoyable if it happens.

I was being aroused as Danica but my boy parts were responding faster and my climax was coming. Barb had me covered with a damp cloth but took it away. Then cleaned me up and between my legs and she had no trouble taking me to an orgasm. The joy was more intense for being a female.

“Deb and others thought it was time for you to know the power and depth of your womanhood,” she stated.

Dr. Myrt came in checked my chart, visited as she checked me. The growth of your chest area will be enhancing your pageant outfits. My advice is to enjoy the beach and the pageant, but don’t get too concerned about the outcome. I am not sure if your real beauty and charm will be felt by a larger crowd.

“Aunt Myrt, I am not worried about winning, I just want to be received as a girl, is that a realistic hope?” Before she responded she asked Barb her opinion. “Apart from an exam, I would see you like the hot teen girl down the block.”

Sunday we were packed but went to church where we would meet Dawn and pick up her stuff. It happened to be a service Pastor Ramona was preaching with the voting to accept her being called. I thought the service went well, but I could sense some people’s attitudes toward a woman pastor. Mrs. Miller asked Debbie to stay for the meeting, despite not being a member.

I went into the hall and visited with a younger girl who was upset with tears. I asked what the matter was and she said her mom had left that week. She felt bad that she had done something wrong to cause it to happen. We were visiting and she was still sad but a little calmer, when Pastor Ramona stopped and checked on us.

I was impressed but worried she was to be in a meeting. “Pastor Ramona, I am impressed that you stopped and care about Mona, but aren’t the people in there a bit more important?”

Without hesitation, she said “no”. The voice of a man agreed but did indicate when she was ready she was needed. Mona’s dad and brother had come out to find her with the pastor and thanked her.

During the meeting, Deb was asked her opinion as someone visiting the church about Pastor Ramona. “It would not be the only reason I would strongly consider joining this church, but it would enhance our consideration.”

A woman got up and challenged Deb’s statement, “But do you think a woman can minister to a whole congregation; don’t you as a Dr. specialize in serving just other women for that reason?”

“That's a fair question but the wrong conclusion. Yes, I specialize in women’s medicine and do not discount that, but not only do I think this Pastor can minister to the congregation. I find myself ministering to dads, fathers, brothers, and sons often. Many professional women like moms find themselves relating to the larger gambit of their world and do so successfully.” Sis wasn’t expecting it, but she was applauded for her statement.

I was glad when the church service was over and the vehicle was packed and Denise, Dawn, Debbie, and I were on our way to the ocean for a good nine days of vacation…

To be continued…

Miss Jersey Shore Teen Queen!!! …The excitement of being dressed to kill and in the lights; …but what did or didn’t happen at the nightspot…

Please take the time to leave a comment or write directly to me the author, Jessie C. My thanks to two friends who helped to edit this chapter. All mistakes belong to me.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Alright Jersey Shore!

Good story developing here.I love that line about "teflon person to praise" and I am happy to be going to the Shore. Ocean City is cool but I totally love Cape May.

Good job Jessie
Joani

Intresting development

Renee_Heart2's picture

Better Editing I'll admit that.

Danica becoming a beauty queen (Princess I guess in this case).

There is a lot Dr. Deb & Danica need to learn about each other & at least Danica can help Debby with her research with out violiting confidenchality. I think having a research assistant will help her in her job. I hope Deb dosen't move to NYC that would hurt Danica I think & staying there is the best option.

With everything going on Dannica needed a vacation at the beach with her friends & she can get a nice tan & the tan lines will only help her emphise her feminity.

Greatnstory keep up the great work.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Started With a Prom Dress - 6 - A New Year

WOW! She will have the fun of the talent contest and swimsuit as well as nightgown. Hope she has fun.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Feeling her way down her path

Jamie Lee's picture

Amazingly dad had the gall to claim he has responsibility for Danica, who he kicked out of the house. The minute he kicked her out he abdicated his responsibility. If he has responsibility why did Debbie adopt her and take guardianship responsibility?

Dawn, Denise, Sandy, and the other girls Danica goes out with, may mean well in taking Danica out to give her experiences as a girl, but they need to be careful introducing her to boys they don't know. It only takes one deranged boy to derail Danica's life.

Debbie thought it best Danica enter that pageant, even entering her. But nothing was said if Danica could be involved because of her statue. Might there be a problem if others discover she is transitioning?

In a way, Danica is feeling her way down the path before her. She has help but still must make her own decisions.

Others have feelings too.