The Jade Monkey

Printer-friendly version


The Jade Monkey
By Morpheus

When Elliot's girlfriend brings over a jade monkey idol which offers them 3 wishes, they have to deal with the catch...and the ramifications. This is the third story in the Monkey Gods trilogy.

----------------

"Not bad," I grinned as I looked at the pictures of naked women that one of my friends had E-mailed me. However, I quickly glanced behind me and then closed the window. It wouldn't do to have my mom or younger sister Cassie coming in and catching me looking at dirty pictures.

With that, I looked around my bedroom, knowing that I was alone at the moment but you could never tell when either my mom or sister would come barging in without knocking. It was one of my mom's bad habits, and Cassie seemed to have picked it up. But heaven forbid that I should ever walk into one of their rooms without an express invitation...

My name is Elliot Connors, and I was a 17 year old high school student who would be graduating at the end of the year. I was a pretty normal guy, though perhaps a little taller and better looking than average. I certainly wasn't an Adonis by any means, or even a well-muscled jock, but I got by pretty well anyway.

"Maybe I'll check you out again later," I mused as I thought of those women I had been looking at a minute earlier. Of course, that would be after my mom and Cassie had gone to bed and were no longer a danger to my privacy.

After a moment, I logged off of my computer and moved over to my desk instead. I smiled as I picked up the latest model that I had been working on. It was a more than half assembled F-22 fighter plane. And as soon as I was finished with it, the model would decorate my book shelf along with the three other model jets that I had already put together.

I worked on my model for only several minutes before someone knocked on my bedroom door. I sat upright at that, knowing that it probably wasn't either Cassie or my mom. And just a second later, that suspicion was confirmed.

"Hello," a girl's voice called out, just before the door opened up.

"Hey Deanne," I grinned at my girlfriend as she came in.

Deanne was the same age as me and fairly pretty, though certainly not model material as she was a little overweight. She had shoulder length brown hair and a splattering of freckles across her nose that I had always thought were pretty adorable. The two of us had been dating for about a year.

"What's up?" I asked her with a grin.

"I should be the one asking that," she winked at me as she gave the innuendo.

Her expression changed though after a moment and she ran a hand through her hair, looking a bit nervous. Deanne even bit her lip the way she sometimes did when she was hesitant about something... Then she took off her backpack and set it down on the edge of my bed.

"I have something I want to show you," she blurted out as she undid the zipper on her backpack.

"What?" I blinked in surprise as I got up to join her.

"This," Deanne said as she pulled some sort of small green carving from out of her pack.

As Deanne held it up for me to see, I could tell that it was about 4 inches tall and in the shape of a monkey that was sitting with its legs crossed. It even seemed to have small yellow crystals set into its eyes.

"Is that jade?" I asked, looking at the green stone that it was made of.

"I think so," Deanne nodded. Then she pulled it closer to stare at it herself, her expression turning quite serious. "I know this is going to sound crazy...but you've got to believe me..."

That statement alone was enough to immediately grab my complete and undivided attention. "What do you mean?" I was careful to keep my voice calm, to not sound judgmental until I at least knew what was going on. I didn't want Deanne to get the idea that I didn't believe her when I didn't even know what it was that she was going to tell me yet.

"Well," Deanne started slowly, "I found this little jade monkey while I was out for a walk this morning...and it talked to me..." She looked embarrassed as she said that, and I kept quiet long enough to let her finish, "It told me that it would grant three wishes...but that I had to share them."

I wasn't sure what to say to that statement since it was so preposterous. I was wondering what the punch line to that joke was, but Deanne didn't look like she was joking. She looked pretty serious, which confused me even more. It confused me and worried me. I mean, if she was hearing voices, then something might be seriously wrong.

"Are you sure that someone isn't playing a joke on you?" I asked her, trying to keep my voice neutral but not sure how well I was succeeding.

"I know how it sounds," Deanne snapped at me, "But it happened. This weird thing said that it could grant three wishes..."

Not sure what I could say to that without insulting her or straight out calling her crazy, I asked, "Can I see it..."

Deanne nodded and handed me the jade monkey. Once I held the monkey in my hand and looked it in the eyes, I suddenly felt something...heard something right in my head, though no sound touched my ears.

"I offer three wishes," the voice stated inside of my head, "One wish to each of three people. Once all three wishes have been made, all three wishes shall be granted to each wisher."

"What?" Deanne exclaimed, "Are you all right...?"

"I...I heard it," I gasped. I stared at Deanne, feeling both embarrassed and apologetic, "It said it would give three wishes..."

"But spread out among three people," Deanne finished for me, staring at me with a look of relief, obviously thankful that I not only believed her now but had shared in her experience.

"Holy shit," I whispered, staring at the monkey again. However it made no other sound. It showed no sign of being anything other than a normal jade carving.

"I know," Deanne sighed, "But I figured if we needed three people to make the wishes, I wanted you to be one of them..."

"Thanks," I smiled at her, feeling kind of happy that she had thought of me that way.

"What should we wish for?" Deanne asked with a nervous smile.

I frowned, staring at the figure as I set it down on my bed. "This is pretty weird..." Then I rubbed at my chin thoughtfully, "I think we should try finding out more about this thing first..."

"What?" Deanne blinked. "And how are we going to do that? Ask it?"

"No," I shook my head, grinning as I gestured towards my computer. "Google..."

Several minutes later, I had entered jade, monkey and wishes into my search engine and brought up a web page which seemed to be just what I was looking for. It showed a drawing that looked something like the jade monkey on my bed, though there were no actual photos.

"It says here," I said as I quickly read through the page, "that there are supposedly three of these things..."

"What?" Deanne gasped.

I held up my hand for her to be quiet as I read some more. The author of the web page was apparently someone who had been doing a lot of research, mostly via stories and rumor. He also said that he'd never actually seen any actual proof that they existed.

"It says here," I frowned as I read through it, "that there were supposedly three monkey gods and each one of them had one of these idols to represent them and their power. There's a marble, obsidian and a jade one. And this guy says that each of them sometimes gives three wishes but that each idol has some sort of a catch..."

"What catches do those other ones have?" Deanne asked.

However, all I could do was shrug, "It isn't really clear about that..." Whether the author of the web page didn't know or was just keeping that information for himself, I had no idea. And at the moment, I didn't really care either.

"At least we know what catch this one has," Deanne pointed out. "You have to share the wishes..."

"Three people each make one wish," I sighed, remembering the words in my head, "And then each wish is granted to each person..."

"That part still doesn't make much sense," Deanne muttered with a scowl.

"I think," I said thoughtfully, "That if I wish for a million dollars, you get a million dollars too. And if you wish for a fancy sports car, I get one too..."

"That's cool," Deanne grinned, "Make one wish, get two free..." Then she frowned, "But who are we going to get to make the third wish?"

"How about me?" a new voice intruded on us.

"What...?" I gasped as I turned towards the door and saw my sister Cassie standing there.

Cassie was about a year and a half younger than me and went to the same school, though she was two grades below me. She was usually a pretty nice girl...for a little sister, though she had recently gotten a bit into the goth scene. And at the moment, she had just come into my room without knocking once again. The only questions were, how long had she been listening in on us and how much had she heard.

"I want a wish too," Cassie said, crossing her arms and standing there with a determined expression on her face.

"Forget it," Deanne snapped, obviously annoyed at having Cassie spy on us like that.

"Why not?" I sighed. Then at Deanne's incredulous look, I explained, "We need a third person anyway and she already knows about it..."

"Good point," Deanne sighed. Then she smiled and gave me a quick kiss. "That's why I love you... You always think things through..."

"I try," I blushed, feeling a bit embarrassed by that. Then I grinned at Deanne and gave Cassie a steady look, "The website said that the idol should vanish as soon as we're through. Now let's make our wishes..." From their expressions, it was pretty obvious that I wasn't the only person who had been eager to try it out.

Deanne picked up the jade monkey and held it up, taking a deep breath before saying, "Let's cross our fingers and hope it wasn't joking..."

With that, Cassie and I both put our hands on top of the jade monkey, then we all gave each other some nervous yet excited glances. I knew that my heart was racing, yet I tried not to get to get my hopes up too high... I didn't even know for a fact that it really would work, though with the way that voice had spoken into my head, I was definitely giving it the benefit of the doubt.

"I wish," I said slowly, deciding on a wish that was practical and would help us all out, "I wish to be very successful in my chosen career..." I smiled at that, knowing that I'd left it vague enough to work for all three of us.

"Good one," Deanne grinned.

"Yeah right," Cassie rolled her eyes, "You could have wished to be rich..." I just smiled at her, knowing what she was going to wish for.

"Let's see," Deanne started, looking just a bit nervous and hesitant. Then she grinned, "I wish that I was thin, healthy and fit for the rest of my life."

"Interesting one," I told her.

"I thought so," she responded, looking just a little bit embarrassed. "I figured it's better than a diet."

Then it was Cassie's turn, and before Deanne and I could really even look at her, she exclaimed, "I wish that I was the prettiest and most popular girl in school..."

I was completely shocked by what Cassie had just wished for, but before I could even really absorb it, I was suddenly hit with a million strange sensations at once. It was as though ever nerve ending in my body was suddenly feeling hot, cold, itchy, tingly and countless other things at the same time.

Once the overwhelming sensations had passed, I collapsed to my knees with a gasp, trying to regain my senses. But as my senses came back, I grew even more worried, thinking that everything felt wrong.

Then I looked up at Deanne and Cassie and let out another gasp. They were both gone and in their place were a pair of identical girls... But then, I looked to where Cassie had been sitting and realized that the girl sitting there WAS Cassie. She even looked a bit like Cassie, but she was taller, prettier, and bigger breasted. Where Cassie had large A cups, she now had DD size cups. Where she had shoulder length dark brown hair before, she now had long strawberry blonde. Now she looked less like a goth, and more like a cheerleader.

"Holy shit," I gasped out, only vaguely aware that my voice sounded wrong to my ears.

"Cassie? Deanne?" I stared at one and then the other, hardly able to believe it, but they looked absolutely identical.

"Elliot?" the twin who I assumed to be Deanne gasped as she stared at me. "My God... You two look like twins..."

"No way," Cassie gasped out, "You two are the ones who look like twins..."

"Oh no," I groaned as I looked down at myself and saw a pair of generous breasts pushing out from my chest. And in an instant, I knew exactly what had happened. "Oh no," I grabbed a fist full of strawberry blonde hair and held it so that I could see it.

"What happened to you?" Deanne gasped as she stared at me, only then pausing to look down at herself and noticed the changes to her own figure. "What happened to me...?"

"Cassie's wish," I glared at my sister, "Didn't you listen to a word we said about everybody getting the results of everyone else's wishes?"

"What?" Cassie responded defensively.

"You wished to be the prettiest and most popular girl in school," I pointed out to her through clenched teeth. "That means that Deanne and I both got turned into the prettiest and most popular girl in school too... And the only way that all three of us could be the prettiest, was if we were all IDENTICAL." I glared at Cassie "You turned us into fucking triplets..."

It was only then that Cassie gasped, a look of horror and guilt passing over her face as she realized exactly what it was that she had done. She stared at me, then gulped, "Can't we just use that magic monkey to change you back...?"

I closed my eyes and slowly counted to ten so that I wouldn't yell and scream at her like I wanted to with nearly every fiber of my body. Then, as calmly as I could, I pointed out, "The monkey is gone..." I gestured around the floor of the room, "That web site said that it vanishes whenever it grants its wishes..."

"Then you're stuck like that," Deanne gasped out, looking down at herself and adding, "We're stuck like this..." I could tell that she wasn't completely shaken up about the changes to herself, but she seemed sincerely worried about me.

I groaned and sat down my bed, "Yeah..." I gulped and shook my head, "I think I am..."

It had been a miracle that Deanne had found that monkey figurine in the first place, and I seriously doubted that if we spent our entire lives looking, that we'd find any of those three again. If they vanished every time they granted their wishes, then it would be almost impossible to track them anywhere at all. Anytime anyone found one, we would have to start all over again.

I cringed as I looked at the beautiful girls that Deanne and Cassie had turned into, knowing that I was an identical copy to those two. I didn't even need to go find a mirror to see what I looked like since those two provided me all the reflection I would need.

"This feels weird," I gulped as I grabbed at my breasts. They felt so big on my chest...

"I'm not used to being this big either," Deanne pointed with what sounded to be a mixture of excitement and embarrassment.

It was then that Cassie pointed out, "Did anyone notice that we all have new clothes...?"

I looked down at myself, and then at her, realizing that she was right. I'd been so startled by the transformation to my body, to all of our bodies, that I hadn't even noticed I was now wearing a skirt and blouse... And from the feel of it, I was wearing a bra as well.

"Just great," I grumbled.

"Hey," Deanne gasped, "Look..." She was pointing to a family picture that I had sitting on my dresser.

When I looked to the picture that Deanne was pointing at, I let out a gasp. It had been a picture of Cassie and me along with our folks before the divorce, but now it was quite a bit different. Instead of Cassie and me standing by our mom and dad...it was three identical girls. The very girls that we had all become.

"This is weird," Cassie exclaimed.

I stared at the photo in surprise, then took a step back and took a nervous look around my room, suddenly noticing several other minor differences as well. My models were gone, replaced by several Beanie Babies. My poster of Christina Aguilera was gone as well, replaced by one of Orlando Bloom.

"This is getting REALLY weird," I commented, already realizing just how strange that very statement was since I was looking like a chick, and an identical copy of my kid sister and girlfriend at that.

"Hey," Cassie exclaimed from my closet, "Even your clothes have changed..."

I took a quick look and verified that all of my old clothes were gone, replaced by girl clothes. The same was true of the clothes in my dresser. And then there was the makeup that was now sitting out on top of my dresser, right beside a jewelry box.

"Let's take a look at your room," I told Cassie, trying to keep my voice steady. I was scared and confused as hell, but at the moment, focusing on finding out about all of these changes helped me to keep from freaking out.

Once we were in Cassie's room, we found a few more changes there, but less than there were in my room. But I guess that was to be expected as she was already a girl. Most of the changes there were in her makeup, jewelry and clothes. Everything from her former goth style seemed to be gone, replaces with items that would be more suitable for a cheerleader...including the cheerleader outfits.

Then I looked at Deanne, who was being quiet as we looked around Cassie's room. I could imagine that she had to be worried about what changes she would face when she got home. "It'll be all right," I told her as I put my arm around her shoulder.

"I should be the one telling you that," Deanne smiled weakly at me, "You're the one that got the instant sex change..."

"Don't remind me," I muttered, glancing down at my altered front side. Hell, I could barely see my feet through the obstructions on my chest.

Then as I looked at Deanne and remembered the family picture on my dresser, I paled, suddenly realizing something else. Without a word, I left Cassie's room and went to the spare bedroom that was right next to it. And when I swung open the door, I saw that this room had changed even more than Cassie's and mine together.

"That's my teddy bear," Deanne exclaimed as she rushed to the bed and grabbed a large pink teddy bear. "I got this at the fair when I was little..." Then she looked around and gasped, "And that's my radio..."

"I think," I gulped, "I think this is your room..."

"Really?" Cassie gasped from the door. "Cool..." That earned a glare from both Deanne and myself.

"But...how?" Deanne looked confused.

I just stood there for a moment, taking a deep breath before bitterly spitting out, "Cassie's wish..." Both Deanne and I glared at my sister at that, and she at least had the good graces to take a step back and look sorry.

"But she didn't wish for me to move in with you guys," Deanne pointed out.

"No," I scowled, "Her wish to be the prettiest girl in school turned us ALL into the prettiest girl. It turned us into triplets..." And once I was done repeating what I had already told them, I pointed out, "But she also wished to be the most popular..."

"And?" Cassie rolled her eyes, earning yet another glare from Deanne and myself.

"I think...," I gulped, "I think that one was about how other people thought of us...about how they ALREADY thought of us. She didn't wish to BECOME the most popular... She wished that she WAS the most popular..."

"So everyone at school already thinks that we're the most popular girls?" Deanne asked, looking a little confused.

I nodded weakly at that. "I think that the monkey...or the monkey god granted that wish by making everyone think that we've always been like this...the prettiest and most popular girls..." I gulped as I stared at Deanne, fighting back the urge to look at myself again, "And since it turned us into triplets to make the first part work...it makes sense that we all live together..."

"Oh shit," Deanne gasped, echoing my thoughts exactly.

"Let's see," I reached for the school yearbook which I saw sticking out from one bookshelf. Trying to figure things out was helping me to keep from freaking out, so I figured why stop now...

With that, I opened the previous year's school yearbook to a page that had nearly identical pictures of all three of us...as we were now. It listed us as Cassandra, Deanne and Ellie Connners.

"I guess I'm Ellie now," I grimaced.

"It says we're all in the same class," Deanne gulped, then paused for a moment before adding, "I guess that makes sense if we've been turned into triplets..."

From looking at the school yearbook, it appeared that Deanne and I were now juniors rather than seniors. We had both gone back a year, while at the same time, Cassie had jumped a year ahead.

"I can't believe I have to repeat the whole school year," I groaned, knowing that I had just gone from only having to finish the year to having to finish the current year and then doing one more on top of it. "At least the school work should be easier the second time around..."

"There is that," Deanne sighed.

"Then I guess we're sisters now," Cassie told Deanne, giving me quick nervous look.

Deanne and I just stared at each other at that, both of us gulping. It was true. We were ALL sisters now. Even me and Deanne. And that did not go well with our former relationship. A relationship which I knew we could no longer continue. Not only was Deanne straight while I was now a girl, but we were now sisters...and identical looking sisters at that.

"But what about my mom and dad?" Deanne whispered.

"If reality changed," I answered quietly, not looking at her, "They probably don't even remember the old you..."

Deanne looked shocked at that, while Cassie could only squeak, a look of pained guilt passing over her face as she realized the further consequences of her wish. She was quickly realizing that there were a lot more consequences than just her getting a better body. Consequences that other people had to suffer.

After a minute, we all slipped out of the guest bedroom...out of Deanne's room. I felt my heart jump into my throat as we nearly ran into my mom. However, she didn't even blink at the sight of us...as though our presence was normal. That just seemed to confirm my theory about reality having been changed, or at least other people's memories.

"Careful Deanne," my mom told me, "You nearly ran into me."

"I'm Deanne," she pointed out from behind me.

"Sorry," my...our mom apologized, "Sometimes I still get you all confused..."

"Don't worry," I glanced at the others, "Sometimes we get ourselves confused..."

A moment later, I left the Deanne and Cassie and went to my own room for a little privacy. I wish that I had a lock to ensure privacy, but since I didn't, I just closed it and hoped that no one would bother me.

"Oh joy," I looked down at myself, shaking a little as I saw my sexy girl body. I didn't need a mirror to know what I looked like. I saw it every time I glanced at Deanne or Cassie. Like it or not, I looked just like them now and probably would for the rest of my life. It was a hard fact to swallow, though I was doing my best.

I sat there for a few minutes, then decided to take a better look at my new body. Since I was going to be in it for some time to come, I figured that I had better get more familiar with it, and perhaps a little more comfortable. And as my clothes came off, my new body was revealed in even more detail.

"Just great," I sighed as I felt my new breasts.

It was strange having my chest be so big and stick out so far. But at the same time, they felt sort of nice in my hands. And my nipples had suddenly become somewhat more sensitive than ever before.

"Weird," I shook my head, "Very weird."

Of course my self-examination didn't stop at my new breasts. I ran my hands over my soft, smooth skin, over my long shapely legs and even felt my flat firm stomach. However, I avoided looking too closely between my legs. As curious as I was, I just wasn't ready for that whole mess just yet.

I finished my self-examination as quickly as I could, knowing that there would be countless opportunities for a better and longer look when there was more privacy. Then with a grimace, I put the girl clothes back on, feeling embarrassed as I did so but knowing that I'd have to get used to.

"They're just like everything else I own now," I told myself, "I'd better get used to clothes like this."

Once I was fully dressed again, I sat down on the edge of my bed and just sat there. I knew that I was brooding...maybe even pouting, but it was hard not to. I had just lost everything that I knew and had my entire life changed...due to the opportunity of a lifetime.

Then my bedroom door opened up and one of my 'sisters' came in. I thought that it was probably Cassie since she had come in without an invitation, but I couldn't really be sure. She sat down next to me without a word and put a comforting arm around my shoulder that made me feel better.

We sat like that for several minutes before she finally told me, "Even though you've been acting all calm, I know that this is hard on you. But I'm here for you..."

"Me too," an identical voice said from my doorway.

I looked up at the newcomer in surprise, "What...?"

"I'm sorry," she said, her eyes downcast with an expression of intense guilt and sorrow on her face. Cassie looked up at me, her eyes pleading for forgiveness, "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just wasn't thinking..."

"I know," I told her with a weak smile, "Just do me a favor and try thinking things through a little more from now on..."

"Deal," Cassie said as she sat on the other side of me and put her arm around me as well.

And as I sat there with my arms around Cassie and Deanne, I knew that my life had changed almost unimaginably thanks to that jade monkey and one less than thought out wish. And at the same time, being surrounded with those who cared about me, I knew that everything would work out all right in the end...as long as my sisters and I stuck together.

THE END

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a sweet ending

nice story.

DogSig.png

I suppose they could

I suppose they could contact each other via that web site and form a support group. Could be an interesting way of continuing the various Monkey stories. :)

Is there

Such a thing as identical triplets?
Why do they have to have DD boobs? - thin people do not have DD boobs
Usually (in monkey fist wishes) if you ask for something for the rest of your life, you die within minutes.

Good story series though - nice premise