The mysterious case of the missing manhoods. Part 10

Printer-friendly version

From the diary of Lady Francis.

Lady Margrette,

Forgive my breach of etiquette at the crudeness of this message but time is precious. Colleen has escaped as you must now know.

Once darkness fell it was as I feared and she did slip out as if a shadow.

Do not blame your servants. I kept vigil as well yet to no avail.

In her delusional mind she somehow tapped into the magical either and became all but invisible. I know not how I know this but is truth I swear.

It is only using a silly *game* Grandma taught us as boys that I located her trail at all. By looking away then back towards your home in rapid succession I perused a faint trace of her image and where she had been. I am following this ghostly trail as if born a purebred hunting dog. An unladylike turn of phrase but it must do for now.

Her powerful magics that concealed her left a discernible residue I yet follow.

I send this crude message by the last of the servants assisting me. How I will get further word you I know not. Perhaps via a hastily hired message boy? Twixt my purse and my female charms I WILL do as I must.

All traces to now point to one of the Channel ports and Grandma as *Carl's* destination.

Dressed as a man believing she is one places my cousin at great risk. And in her confused faculties I fear she may lash out with unfathomable magics. I get but ephemeral flashes of her location and her mind. She remains convinced she is Carl. If it were true, if he was my dashing male cousin once more I would weep for joy. As this is not, she is in peril.

I will send further word as fate permits.

Your loving niece,

Francis.

P.S. Please convey my apologies to my father and your honored husband, my uncle. I have not been as forthcoming in this affair as I might have been. If anything I have done or failed to do causes Colleen any harm I shall be besides myself with shame. Should she perish...

Let us not consider that any longer. Know that I continue to seek out Colleen.

I shall attempt to call to her and Grandma with my mind. Grandmamma once demonstrated this sorcery to us when we were but five years of age. I recall the essence of that experience and endeavor to reproduce it. I nearly succeeded, I believe, moments before *Carls* escape. I will be bereft if in my naivety regarding my new found magical gifts I in any way precipitated Colleen's flight!

Until later

Lady Margrette Ansbach-Stewart

My dearest father,

Forgive the improprieties of this note but brevity is a necessity.

I remain mortified at the ease which Colleen slipped past my guard. Her magic craft though untrained would gladden my heart if not for the danger she is in. Colleen is a will-o-whisp. It is most vexing to follow her trail.

At odd intervals I receive dreamlike visions of Colleen's location. Doubtless grandmama has a formal term for such visions. Though of infuriating brevity I am convinced in those moments I am with her mind. I see, hear, smell and taste what Colleen hears, feels, smells and tastes. I remain firm in my conviction she is destined for Queenstown and the docks where grandmama's ship is expected.

I feel too her emotions. My dear cousin perceives herself a rat near surrounded by dogs. She is cold, hungry and alone. I fair swooned from the intensity of her despair but did not permit myself that soothing indulgence.

I am infuriated that I can discern her direction but not her location.

I send this via a mail courier who fancies my smile. Strange that his gaze places my smile upon my bosom. I did not admonish him in this I must confess. How men can govern this world when a pretty girl can so befuddle their minds amazes me. I may make use of this new talent in future. I have received two meals, drink and the offer of a nights logging from several men with but an innocent's countenance and a glimpse of my creamy flesh. I am most wicked at this newfound flirting. It is not that I do this consciously... not most of the time.

I confess I still have bouts of the *mating fever* as I now call it but rest assured I have not given into it. I shall reserve that capitulation for whomever wins my heart. Force me into an arranged marriage at your peril, father.

I tease you unfairly, father, but know I do love you. These days have been trying for all. I love my cousin and will bring her safe home to you, auntie.

Respectfully,

Lady Francis

P.S. I fear the magistrate may have words with you, dear father. In my haste to rescue Lady Colleen I may have ... I stole a horse. I tried to leave generous payment in gold coin but the stable man hid it and called me a thief as I rode off. My unladylike gallop gave truth to his vile lies. He said the most abominable things and cursed worse than the drunkest sailor. My ears are fair burning still.

His curses roused the populous to action. I led a party of horsemen a merry chase for some while. I know not how I escaped them. If it had not been for the sudden collapse of a high bridge but moments after my passage I would now be in chains. They were less than a minute's hard riding behind and closing. Perhaps my wild gallop exacerbated some weakness yet the bridge seemed firm under hoof. I will admit to being panicked and wishing my pursuers could not follow me across. It was but moments later I heard a cacophony of snapping and crashing timbers ... NO! I could not have done THAT!

I will consult grandmama about this incident. I must add no one was hurt. I would not have you think me a heartless woman. A determined one but never heartless.

If must be I willingly will pay this scoundrel again for the animal. I would not sully your good name, father. Know that I respect you and would never tarnish the family name. Other than needs must for Colleens sake. I would proudly stroll past His Royal Majesty's palace naked for all to see if that would restore my dear cousin to her family.

From the Diary of Lady Francis.

I send this via a most kind young boy, not yet a man.

Please see he is fed and well compensated for his troubles.

Colleen is in mortal peril! I sensed her awakening, her sanity returned at last. In her madness she has taken refuge in some storehouse on the dockside. By chance or malice she has become entrapped within some box or crate.

She has not taken sustenance or drank anything of consequence since eluding us at her home. I can feel her spirit diminishing. I fear she will not survive long in her state of terror and fatigue.

I have paid the coach driver to make all haste to the dockside.

They are shifting cargo within the warehouse. Her crate is being lifted in the air. She can hear the seabirds and smell the waters.

The crate is shifting violently. God, she is in pain!

Wait, I cannot feel her mind. She is lost to me. Pray I am in time.

Lady Francis.

From the Diary of Lady Colleen

I awoke this morning, or sometime later as I cannot tell the time in this place, to the wooden boxes where I am being shifted about by some rather ill suited men of lower class. They had placed a box that covered the spot where I am apparently hiding.

I have vague thoughts of being confused as to who I was. I am most embarrassed by my apparent return to being Carl, at least in mind but not body, and my rather brusk actions.

I find myself wearing rather ill fitting and rough clothing that is most uncormfortable on my young breasts. Though part of me is glad to be rid of those torture devices many women must wear I do in part miss the softer cloth.

As the light moves slowly through the crack in this box. It is a box as I can now tell as the light has made its way across. The lid came down on this box. I have found some cheese in a plain wrapper and some heavily salted ham so I can survive for now I guess. There is no water to quench my thirst though and doing my duty through the floor was less than comfortable. Though I must admit it is far easier to do so that balanced over a chamber pot. Mayhap should I escape and make my way home I can come up with a way to sit to do our business.

My nails are a horrid mess now. I do not have the strength necessary to move myself out of here even in a panic. I do not wish to cry out and attract the wrong attention. I am well aware of how desirable a young woman of my age can be to men such as, what I must assume, is around such a dock.

I do say dock as I can smell the sea and hear the bells of the dockmaster hailing the ships and directing them to port.

In my insanity, doubtlessly brought on by the shock of having my menses start while having tea, I seem to have had the idea of reaching my grandmother in france. This was a foolhardy idea. I have little doubt I will be in very much trouble with mother and father upon my return.

I do find the idea of adventure to be somewhat exciting though. When I was male my cousin and I would go on many an adventure, usually in the small forest outside of town. I do miss those days and must indeed find a way to accomplish such things now as a woman. I will never be happy confined to the house at all times as my mother seems happy to do.

It is unfortunate that women in our modern times are seen as less than men, unless they are a mage, this I feel is wrong. I do not know why I feel that way as I was perfectly happy with it before as a man.

The light is shifting away from allowing me the read and write in this diary as I have so far from time to time to keep the fear from overwhelming me. I must say though, that at times, it almost feels like my cousin is here with me. I have found myself whispering to her as if she is here. I do fear for my sanity at such times.

Lady Colleen

P.S. The crate I am in, which I believe is the proper term, has suddenly shifted and is being carried. I am trying to keep as quiet as possible to not give myself away. These men are very rough in handling such boxes and I would never ship any delicate items in such a crate as they would surely be broken before long.

I have just been tossed into the air....

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

There is evil afoot!

Rally the troops! Surely there are brave souls who will confront these ill tidings!
LOL
Hugs
Grover

Those were three notes written hastily by Francis

Plus Colleen's diary.

Will Francis and co find her in time? Is Lady Colleen injured, unconscious or worse?

What of the partially transformed servant, grandma and the forces behind the the transformations?

Can the young women control their newly blosomed magic enough to effect Colleen's rescue? Will Francis control her desires enough that she isn't pregnant before the weeek ends?

And can tels control his muse enough to write some more of this tale?

Same time same bat chann.... ooops!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

poor Lady Collen!

I hope she doesnt get too badly hurt.

DogSig.png