Understanding Rachel- The other end of the line.

Printer-friendly version

The rain droned on endlessly outside. The darkened basement broken by flashes of lightning.

"Blasted stupid internet provider they cannot get anything fixed properly, I told them like 8 times already that it wasn't working whenever it rained."

The now dead line to Rachel was no use listening too. The phone click signaled the hang up, unlike the old days of rotary phones with the handset today it was just a simple click of a button and you were done. The conversation replayed out in her head.

"Why does Rachel Insist I am a girl?" was said outloud.

In a singsong mock voice" Girl you are so much a girl its not even funny"

"But I am supposed to be a boy."

"Maybe a girlie girl Tom boy!"

"You bitch!" ok not the best argument."

Giggles followed. " I have to go pick up my daughter, Mom is calling me, Chat later k."

With a sigh"K.."

"Bye my girly girl girlfriend Tanya" Click.

She was always doing that it was so frustrating. Why was she so positive I am a girl. I work on cars, ride snowmobiles and dirty bikes, like how much more "manly" do I have to be to convince people.

It wasn't just Rachel either, all my life people have repeatedly referred to me as a girl. Is there some part of me that broadcasts it? Can I have it surgically removed?

The silence was broken by the phone ringing.

"Hello"

"Hi is Martin there please."

"Its me Dad."

"Oh." Silence followed for a few seconds," Anyways I am just phoning to let you know your invited to a family dinner this saturday. You have to dress like a boy."

He did this to me every single time. Your invited but your not really invited.

"Dad" I sighed he just.." I'll try ok no guarantees."

Click

As usual I am invited and he doesn't tell me the time or ever where it is. So am I really invited? And how long will it be before he calls me by my name?

With a sigh Tanya stands up from her chair smoothing out the wrinkles in her A line skirt with the pink and white rose patterns. Her pale pink deep V neck top with the small puffy sleeves showed off her ample cleavage. The mid back length red wavy hair drifting from side to side as she daintily walked and then climbed upstairs to her room. Once again looking into her mirror.

"I don't see what people are talking about. I look like a guy in a dress. I am not a girly girl!"

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

this wasn't what I expected

this wasn't what I expected on the other line ^^

the ending wasn't exactly like I expected, but reminds me of a story by little katie, I think? can't remember the name though... i think it was the party dress or something? having to dress in a dress for a party and objecting big time, only to find out the main character's not a boy but a transgender tomboy ^^

grtz & hugs

sarah xxx

I Won't Repeat...

The grossly contradictory parts of the story, but Tanya is in deep, deep denial, or she could be worse than that, psychologically. Like, maybe she is showing traits of multiple personalities/dissociative personality disorder, but not full blown.....

Well....OTOH, it could just be that she feels ugly/overly critical (and) that her body is not fem enough and that she feels more like a tomboy than a girly girl. Maybe her thoughts about being "manly" are just a confused way of saying that she does butch things and feels butch. She is wearing gg clothes and has some womynly features, but maybe only wears these so she can recognise herself as a womyn, looking in the mirror.

A stone butch lesbian would also really hate to be called or thought of as a girly girl.... but wouldn't dress that way. But, would be much more certain of her gender (unless E had F2M feelings).

So, I don't know? Mental illness could be more likely. Being trans, thinking she looks wrong, dealing with an unaccepting family can be extremely stressful and could bring out any mental weakness.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Confusion

If this is a continuation of Understanding Rachel, then do we have two different families with Transgendered children, both of whom are still possing both as a boy an/or a girl depending on the circumstances.

Who does Tanya live with? Are his/her parents separated. Do mom and dad disagree on how Tanya/Tom should appear.

Also from the prior chapter it appears that Rachel a teenager has a school age child.

Someone please help!

RAMI

RAMI