Ithycca- Chapter 7: Guardian Demon?

Printer-friendly version

A long time ago, the Earth blessed four spirits, making them gods. The gods of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, oversee their realms, creating sentient creatures to help cultivate their lands. These beings constantly fought each other for supremacy, eventually driving the servants of Water, the Merfolk, to extinction. Millennia later Kyle Weathers receives a gift from an old and mysterious lady while working in Haiti. This gift will change his life forever.

Ithycca
Chapter 7- Guardian Demon?
by AoifeM

I had a lot to learn. I never thought much about just how important I was. Not only was I a Mermaid, I was the only Mermaid. My existence was all that kept my race from being extinct all over again. Never did I think once that would make me a very important target.
Being attacked by that Angel served as a major wakeup call in more ways than one. I was unarmed, alone, and still not familiar with my body. Sure, give me a tree branch and I can hunt like the best of them, but fight?

What’s worse was the constant stumbling I did while tripping over my long white skirt. I figured it was the most appropriate clothing; if I were in my human form it would help keep perverts sneaking a peak at what was otherwise a panty less woman. Next time I should replace modesty with practicality.

Still, running wouldn’t do me any good. She had the major advantage of flying. Try as I might, she could catch me.

And I still didn’t know what exactly I did to deserve this. I mean, was my race that bad? And even if they were, it wasn’t as if I had intentions of breeding. I mean, I don’t even know how! And I don’t appreciate having to think of guys in that manner!

Even if my body wants to think otherwise.

Dodging another swipe from her blade, I turned to her and yelled, “What the hell?! It’s not as if I’ve done anything to you!”

She looked at me sternly, “Your kind has caused enough trouble. We had to live through an Ice Age as proof of your transgressions! Your existence only continues to complicate such matters!”

I avoided another attack. I hoped that somehow my words could sway her mind and reconsider sparing me.

“I don’t know what happened a long time ago!” I insisted. “But I swear I am not like those people!”

“And, why should I believe you?” She demanded, “I may not have been around to see such atrocities, but I am not a fool, Princess Ithycca!”

It was getting tiring trying to keep up with her. I didn’t know how much longer I had.

“Damnit!” I screamed, panting uncontrollably. “Listen to me!”

“There is nothing to listen to!” She retorted, swinging her sword wildly, obviously getting a little frustrated by my dodging. “Yahweh says you must be destroyed, so I must!”

She was stubborn as all hell. I didn’t have any advantage whatsoever. Hoping to get a little distance, I turned around and started to run from her. However, again my skirt proved to be quite the hindrance as my legs got caught up in it, causing me to fall face first into the sand.

Flipping over, I wanted to jump up and continue running. Unfortunately the Angel was right there with her blade at my throat. I ran out of options.

“This really isn’t my forté,” She explained as her blade inched closer to my neck. “Normally I would give my enemies as least a sporting chance at fighting back. However, your death is of the utmost importance, and I can’t afford to lose this opportunity. Forgive me.”

She was preparing for the deathblow. I closed my eyes, preparing for what was coming. What did come however surprised even me.

A chain with a hook like end to it wrapped around her sword, and with a tug successfully disarmed her. At the end of that chain was a demon looking entity of the female variety, cloven hooves, spade like tail, and ram like horns. She could be considered attractive, if she didn’t look like she could rip your head off.

I didn’t know what she was up to, but when she began to raise her hands I knew it wouldn't be good. Instinctively I ran for cover as she casted her spell. And from my previous spot she unleashed an explosion. While the angel was attempting to escape, she did get caught up in the blast, and was sent flying.

“Mmmm,” The devil like entity began, “Looks like we’re having bird tonight!”

Dusting herself off, the obviously shocked angel demanded an answer. “What purpose do you have here, Hellspawn? This doesn’t concern you!”

The girl grinned as she replied. “First off, it’s Djinn, Birdbrain! And second, maybe I just like messing with your type!”

Angered, the Angel reclaimed her sword. Raising it in an attacking stance she charged headstrong towards the young “Djinni.” I didn’t know what was going on. All I know is that this was my time to escape.

Deciding not to go through the problem again, I used all of my strength to rip my skirt in to a much more manageable size. Now up to my knees, I decided enough was enough and decided to make a run for it, looking over my shoulder to see the battle going on overhead.

And indeed it was an intense one. The Djinni’s chains were obviously meant for this type of battle. She couldn’t fly like the Angel could, and the chains were doing a good job keeping her grounded. They were indeed polar opposites. The Angel held a calm, tempered demeanor; her aura shined confidence. She was one who led by example, the type who didn’t seem shaken by anything.

Meanwhile the Djinni preferred to show her confidence in an almost antagonistic manner. If you screwed up, she’d let you know it. Taunting her opponent endlessly, she seemed to delight when she got a rise out of people, particularly someone as stone cold as her opponent right now, who seemed to be livid as the battle continued.

I couldn’t really take the time to observe the epic struggle. My goal was the water. My best bet was to run away from the field of battle, and hopefully once clear swim away where I knew neither of them could get me. It seemed almost too good to be true; they seemed so focused on each other that they forgot about me. It proved easy to escape.

I pushed my dainty little legs as hard as I possibly could. It was a difficult proposition.
In the water I was as athletic as anyone possibly could be, yet on land I was anything but. Perhaps I could gain more oxygen in the water. Perhaps it was the fact that in the water I didn’t sweat. And of course my tail was rather strong compared to these legs, and on land sweating only makes me more dehydrated, which makes it easier for me to get dehydrated.

The shore wasn’t far, however. The rocky coast was a welcome sight, free from the fighting that was occurring up ahead. I slowly walked over to the shoreline; the water messaged my human toes. Kneeling down, I was about to swim off, however someone wouldn't allow me.

Completely unaware, the Angel surprised me from behind, pulling me up from my hair and onto my feet. Apparently, even though the Djinni gave her a hell of a fight, she came out of it victorious. Obviously frustrated beyond belief, she pulled me over to a nearby rock and threw my back against it, subduing me in a fit of pain. With her hand she pinned me down, her sword preparing to do what it should have done earlier. My luck had ran out. I was out of chances.

Panicking, I did the only thing a defenseless girl could do- I screamed.

Yet this scream was beyond anything I’ve heard before. It almost felt like the ground was moving. My mouth was wide open, and my gills followed, almost like a woodwind instrument. However, the sound coming out of it wasn’t pretty.

I’ve never heard a banshee scream, but if I had to compare it, it would be like that. Stunned, the Angel fell backward, holding her hands to her ears in agony. The blood was running down her hands. She was beaten.

I fell to the ground, writhing in pain. I barely could stand up. Luckily the Angel had enough for one day. With the last ounce of her strength she flew off, leaving me thankful.

With a hand on my kidney I staggered to my feet. I was greeted from a distance by the Djinni who was fighting earlier.

“Aw, man!” she exclaimed like a little kid at his first monster truck rally. “That. Was. Awesome! You could hear that for miles! Totally tore that bitch a new one!”

I didn’t know what to make of her. As she began to move closer to me I instinctively went into a defensive stance.

Nervously I asked, “Who are you? What do you want?”

She stopped halfway, not real appreciative of my reaction. “That’s kind of rude, you know? Acting all paranoid like that? And to think I saved your life too!”

All of a sudden she ignited in a sea of flames, and when those flames subsided the demon looking entity became a gorgeous, honey skinned, blue eyed woman, with golden locks of hair reaching down to her shoulders, covered only by the short miniskirt and flimsy top she was wearing prior.

“That’s better!” she exclaimed. “My name in Khalifa, but you can call me Kali.” She resumed walking, closing the distance between us. “And you must be Princess Ithycca.”

“Don’t come any closer!” I warned. “I’m serious.”

“Oh come on!” She yelled. “If I wanted to kill you I would have.”

That didn’t help me get comfortable.

Now standing right in front of me, she began to lick her lips. “Besides…”

Spontaneously she dragged me into an embrace and began to intimately kiss me, her tongue wrestling mine. As her lips and mine connected, you could see the steam rising from our mouths as if it were vapor.

“Mmmm,” she seductively moaned, “Tangy.”

I was freaking out. What the hell was going on? Was she flirting with me? I really didn’t need this now. I had a lot of thoughts circling my head as it is, with Douglas, Eliza, my sexuality. I didn’t even know her!

“No, it would be a waste to see such a beautiful thing like you disappear,” She stated. “I must say Alora did a good job on you.”

“So then what do you want?” I demanded, wishing she would just answer me already.

“What do you think I want?” she retorted. “Need I spell it out, Y O U. You, you sexy thang you!”

It didn’t make sense. I was totally uncomfortable with the situation “But…but I don’t even know you!”

“And that’s what makes blind dates so a-MAZ-ing!” She cried while giggling. “And I must say, you sure know how to pick a first date!”

“I…I don’t know,” I stammered. Actually I did know. I didn’t want anything to do with her, but I was afraid of the repercussions by rejecting her outright. She was rather powerful, after all.

“I tell you what, my little Ithy,” she began. “You’ll need help don’t you? After all, that Angel won’t be the only thing after you, you know. You’re so special- everyone seems to want a piece of you!”

“Uh…” My mind was having a hard time coming up with the words. I couldn't even begin to form a sentence without Kali cutting me off from the get go.

“So, that settles it!” She confirmed. “Just call me your Guardian Ang-…er your Guardian! Yeah! Guardian!" She began to giggle in an almost sadistic manner. "This’ll be sooo much fun!”

“But…” I still was unable to get a word in.

“Don’t worry my sweet little fish stick,” She interjected. “You don’t hafta tell me anything now. Deep down I know how you feel, and I’ll be here when you ready.” She gave me another seductive kiss on the lips. “Well, babe, getting dark, you oughtta get swimming! You have somewhere to be right?”

“Uh…yeah,” I replied, nervous as all hell.

“Well don’t just stand there!” she chided. “Get going! Waves won’t be cooperative forever!”

I turned around and look at the waves. They were rather calm. Getting in the water might help soothe the back pain.

I looked over my shoulder, and Kali was gone; vanished without a trace, leaving me alone as the sun set beyond the horizon. Gods, Angels, and now Djinn, the whole world seemed to be after me. It seems like my life just got a little more complicated.

I took a deep breath, and in the immortal words of Dr. Sam Beckett of Quantum Leap fame, I exhaled and uttered, “Oh, boy.”

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, boy...

doesn't cover it. lol.

Fun stuff!

Maggie

Probably not

Just a lot more headache for poor little Ithy at this point. She'll need some Tylenol. Extra strength.

Just wait until Eliza and Kali meet.

Call me crazy,

Extravagance's picture

but I consider a girl to be even MORE attractive if she looks like she can "rip your head off". :)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Well my pretty kitty

You may be crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! *glomp*

=D

Extravagance's picture

*Falls to the ground, pulling you down with her* <3

*Purrrrrr* Mmm, maybe we should get a room. : 3

Catfolk Pride.PNG

ohnoes!

nerp! O.O /

Oh, ... err, girl?

Nope. Definitely needs a stronger word. :)
hugs
Grover