Project Guardian: Book 2, Chapter 2.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book two: Avenging Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter Two of Fourteen

Previously...

    The class ended and Alexis took Sarah by the arm and then led her right out of the classroom and down the hallway heading for the parking lot where their cars were parked. Trouble was they found their path suddenly blocked by the man in the baseball cap.

    The man looked to be more interested in Sarah than Alexis though, and when he spoke, Alexis knew it was Sarah he’d been watching all day.

     “Hello Sarah. It took me some time to track down where you vanished off to my dear.” The man said in a creepy voice, while giving Sarah a creepier smile.

     “No, No you can’t be here. Leave me alone!” Sarah screamed at the man as she stepped back to stand behind Alexis for protection from him.

     “Don’t be like that Sarah baby. We had something special the two of us.” The man said sounding creepy calm like he’d not just scared Sarah by suddenly showing up like he did.

    Alexis wanted to find out who this creepy guy was, but she could see that getting Sarah away from him was first thing on her list, then she’d be having a word with Lana to find out what she knew, and why she wanted her to get Sarah away from school before this happened.

     “Come on Sarah, let’s get you away from hear.” Alexis said as she kept Sarah stood behind her as she stepped around the man and then led Sarah off down the hallway with her looking over her shoulder to make sure the man wasn’t following, but he was right on their heels. Alexi stopped walking and turned back to face the man. “If you don’t fuck off right now, I will drop you were you stand.” Alexis said with venom in her voice and murder in her eyes.

     “Sarah baby, tell this woman that you belong to me.” The man said in his creepy voice.

    Alexis stepped forward to hit the weirdo, but was stopped by Sarah. “Please don’t do anything stupid Lexi. Let’s just get out of here fast.” Sarah said hoping that Alexis would understand the need to go in her car and get away from this man before she ended up in trouble for hurting him.

    They were quickly running for Alexis’s car and getting in, but the man was close behind, he stopped when he saw them at a black mustang, and then he ran for his own car at the other end of the parking lot. Alexis was soon wheel spinning out the parking lot and ripping it down the road like a bat out of hell.

     “I need some help here guys.” Alexis said after pushing a button on the dash. “We’ve got some creepy guy following us, and I could do with losing him before we get back to base.” Alexis added as she swerved her way through the traffic.

     “We’re already on it dudette.” Ted’s voice said out the car speakers. “Take a left up here and then slow to let him catch up with you.” Ted advised her.

     “I sure hope you have a plan Ted.” Alexis said not sounding convinced as she slowed to let the man catch up in his own car.

     “You should have more faith in us by now dudette.” Ted said sounding a little hurt. “Now I need you to speed up just a little, that’s it, now slow down again right now.” Ted said this just as they went through a set of lights.

    Bill had hacked into the traffic signals and just as Alexis passed them, he made them change so the weird guy went through a red set, which was being policed by a black and white, which was soon going after creepy guy and pulling him over.

    Alexis giggled as she looked in her rear view mirror and saw him pulling over. “Nice work guys! Sorry for ever doubting you.” Alexis said as she looked over at a shaking sobbing Sarah sat next to her. “Who the hell was that guy Sarah and what did he mean by the two of you were together?” Alexi asked with some hurt in her voice.

     “I don’t want to talk about it Lexi.” Sara sobbed. “And we’re not an item, and we never were.” Sarah added with more tears.

    Alexis slammed on the brakes and stopped the car in the middle of the road as she turned to look at Sarah sat next to her, while cars hit their horns all around them as they tried not to hit the black mustang stopped in the middle of the freeway.

     “Lexi! What are you doing?” Sarah asked looking panicked as all the cars whizzed past on either said with their horns blasting.

     “I’m not moving another inch until you come clean about whom that guy was, and why he scares you so much.” Alexis said as she sat back in her seat and folded her arms across her chest. “I know this has something to do with them missing six months in you file.” Alexis added in a calm voice as she looked out the front windscreen at all the cars whizzing past.

     “I’ll tell you back at home, just get the car moving again before something hits us.” Sarah said looking worried still that something was going to just slam into them.

     “Not good enough baby. Tell me know, or we stay here until something hits us and then moves use further down the freeway.” Alexis said with a true poker face.

    Sarah let out a sigh as she fought with whatever demon was stopping her coming clean, and then she looked at Alexis and said. “That was the man that raped me.”

Now the story continues...

     “What?” Alexis asked with a look of shock on her face. She’d had a feeling that it was something like this, but hearing Sarah tell her made it all feel so real now. Alexis found herself getting angry, but not with Sarah, angry that she didn’t just break the man in two when she had the chance.

     “Can we go home now?” Sarah asked through more tears as she shrank into the car seat wanting to just let it swallow her up.

    Alexis was soon slamming the car in gear and taking off down the freeway leaving the other motorists with their mouths open as the car that had just been stopped in the middle of the road was now shooting past them like they were the ones stopped in the road. The more Alexis thought about Sarah being raped by that man, the madder she got, and the more she pushed down on the peddle to make the car go faster. She only started to slow when she heard Lana’s voice in her ear.

     “Lexi, you need to slow down honey.” Lana asked in a calm voice. “Ted says that the police are on the way, and there’s a helicopter on route as well.” Lana warned. Alexis could outrun a single police car. But larger numbers would be harder to do, and even Bill and Ted had a limit to what they could do with their computers.

    Alexis eased her foot off the gas and let the car slow down to the right speed limit before taking the next slip road to stop the police finding her on the freeway.

     “You knew about this didn’t you Lana?” Alexis asked in a calm voice, to calm for what she’d just been told by Sarah. “You knew about all this and the fact that the man at the college had done it to her, and you kept it all from me?” Alexis added as she got a little louder with each word she spoke until she finished with a shout as she gripped the steering wheel so hard she left little dents where her fingers had been seconds earlier.

     “Yes I knew Lexi, but I promised Sarah that I’d let her tell you when she was ready.” Lana explained in her ear. “I had no idea that he was insane enough to follow her all the way across the country like some crazed stalker.” Lana added.

     “What do you mean like some crazed stalker? He is a crazed stalker.” Alexis snapped as she drove down the road looking out for any sign of the police. She noticed Sarah flinching every time she raised her voice, so she reached over and tried to take hold of Sarah’s hand, but she pulled away looking scared.

    Alexis looked for a place to pull over, so she could talk to Sarah about what happened, and why she was pulling away from her now. Alexis saw an empty road and pulled down it before parking up and then turning to look at Sarah.

     “Speak to me Sarah. I’m here to help.” Alexis said as she tried to reach out for Sarah again, but she pulled away even more. “Please Sarah, you’re scaring me now.” Alexis added as she eased back in her seat to give Sarah some room.

     “I’m never going to be free of him am I?” Sarah finally said through the sobs of tears. “I thought leaving that town like I did would be the last I ever saw of him, but now he’s here to carry on his torment.” Sarah added just before she finally fell into Alexis’s arms.

     “I’m sorry Sarah, but I need to know what happened, so I can help sort it all out for you.” Alexis said as she wrapped her arms around Sarah and hugged her.

     “You can’t help me with this Lexi, no one can.” Sarah sobbed. “He won’t stop until I’m dead.” She added with fear in her voice.

     “It will stop baby, but not with your death.” Alexis said as she lifted Sarah’s head up so she could look her in the eyes. “I promise you that my sweet Sarah.” Alexis added just before she leaned in and kissed Sarah with so much passion, Sarah found herself relaxing into Alexis’s arms.

     “I can’t ask you to do something like that for me Lexi.” Sarah said when they broke the kiss and she looked Alexis in the eyes, looking worried.

     “You will never have to ask me to protect you from anything Sarah. That’s what I will do as a matter of course.” Alexis said just before she kissed Sarah again. “I would like to know why you never told me any of this before though.” Alexis asked looking a little angry now, but it was aimed at the bastard they left back with the police.

     “I was scared you’d go after him and get in trouble.” Sarah said as she sat in her seat properly again and played with the bottom button on her coat. “I knew you’d go after him if I ever told you about the rape and how he won’t leave me alone anymore.” Sarah explained.

     “Looks like he saved me the trouble of tracking him down.” Alexis said trying to lighten the mood a little with some black humour.

     “That doesn’t make me feel any better.” Sarah said trying to look upset, but she did let out a little giggle when she saw the goofy look Alexis had on her face.

     “You’re not alone anymore Sarah. I’m sure Bill and Ted are already making life hard for this asshole.” Alexis pointed out as she thought about all the fun things the two guys back at command could do to stop Sarah’s stalker posting bail.

     “Do you not hate me then Lexi for allowing him to rape me?” Sarah asked close to tears again now.

     “Why would anyone hate you for getting raped Sarah? He was the one that forced himself on you.” Alexis said with anger in her voice making Sarah flinch back from her looking scared. “Sorry Sarah, but it just makes me so angry I could go and beat him to death for what he did.” Alexis added with a growl. “Also it’s not only classed as rape because you didn’t let him have his way with you. He forced it I gather?” Alexis asked.

     “Yes he forced himself on me!” Sarah snapped at Alexis. “He had a couple of his friends hold me down while he did.” Sarah added in a strange sounding strangled voice, like she was living through the nightmare again.

     “Didn’t you press charges?” Alexis asked.

     “Yes, but his dad carried a lot of influence back in our old town, and all charges were dropped after the two friends of his that held me down said I came on to him and then I started screaming rape after the fact.” Sarah explained as she started crying again.

     “He looks the same age as us, but I don’t remember him going to our old high school.” Alexis started the car and pulled off again heading back towards the airport where the command centre was located underground where the warehouses were located.

     “He moved to town with his parents not long after you got arrested.”Sarah explained. “His father owns a large construction company that moved to town and started buying up all the factories and turning them into smaller warehouses and new homes. Mike thought he could do what he wanted, and he did.” Sarah added.

     “Mike?” Alexis asked looking puzzled.

     “Mike McGarrett. That’s the name of the creep you just met at the college.” Sarah pointed out. “His father owns McGarrett Construction. They have offices all over the country.” Sarah added looking a little shocked when she saw the blank look Alexis was giving her.

     “If his dad is so well off, and he’s got this massive silver spoon in his mouth, then why is he so obsessed with you?” Alexis asked. “Sounds like he can have any girl he needs to me.” Alexis added with a shrug.

     “I was the only one he couldn’t buy off with money. I think it hurt his pride that I got his name in the papers and on the local news.” Sarah said with some pride. “Even though he got off with it, I still managed to effect his pulling rating in the town and most the upmarket girls in town started keeping away from him after I screamed rape!”

     “I’m going to stop him for you one way or the other Saz.” Alexis said as she looked at Sarah with her serious face on as she reached across and took hold of Sarah’s in hers.

     “I’m worried that you could get in trouble or worse Lexi.” Sarah said letting her true feelings come out as to why she didn’t want Alexis trying to sort this weird creep out.

     “I’m sorry to say this Sarah sweetie, but this Mike is looking for trouble, and what sort of a person would I be if I didn’t help him find it?” Alexis said with a grin.

     “I wonder if we should call you trouble, as you do tend to be a magnet for it.” Sarah giggled, feeling much better knowing that Alexis was in her corner, and the weight of keeping such a big secret was now gone.

     “You could, but I like the way you call me Lexi more.” Alexis pouted as she looked at Sarah quickly before returning her eyes to the road. “I also think the old man likes to shout my full name when I’ve done something wrong as well. Not sure shouting trouble would have the same ring to it.” Alexis giggled making Sarah giggle some more.

    Sarah suddenly stopped laughing though and looked serious again. “I thought you might have found out about all this by now or at least guessed it.” Sarah said with a sigh as she let her head fall back on the seat.

     “I had my fears Sarah, but deep down I hoped they were wrong.” Alexis let out a heavy sigh. “Now all I can think about is all the ways I’d like to kill him.” She added with a growl.

     “Death would be too good for him Lexi.” Sarah said as she looked over at her lover driving the car back to command. “I want him to pay for what he’s done to me and all the other girls he raped and got away with because of his father.” Sarah added with anger in her voice.

    Alexis liked this in Sarah; she needed to be angry so she got over being scared of this creep. Alexis was also going to make him pay for what he did, and maybe deal a blow to his father at the same time. Alexis wondered if his father was anything like his son, and if there was maybe history they could dig up on the wife as well.

    They were soon back at the airport and pulling into the warehouse and taking the elevator down to the level where coms was, so they could see what the police were doing with Mr Mike McGarrett.

     “How you doing honey?” Lana asked as she ran over and pulled a shaking Sarah into a hug as Sarah broke down again and started sobbing on Lana’s shoulder.

     “Do the police still have the creep?” Alexis asked as she walked over to where Bill and Ted were sat typing away on a couple of computers.

     “They sure do dudette.” Bill chuckled. “Our little Mikey has been a very very bad boy. Unpaid parking tickets, drug possession, and being caught doing obscene things with animals.” Bill said just before he finally lost it and burst out laughing.

     “What?” Alexis asked, not sure she heard the last one right. “Please tell me you made up that last one?” Alexis looked a little pale at the thought of it being true, but having met the man, she wouldn’t be too shocked to find out it was real.

     “It’s all made up Lexi.” Ted pointed out. “This dude’s record is to squeaky clean if you know what I mean.” Ted added with a raised eyebrow.

     “Sarah was just telling me that his dad bails him out the crap all the time, so we need to find some way of making something stick to Mr Squeaky Clean that dear old daddy can’t wash away.” Alexis said as she looked to be deep in thought.

    Alexis looked at the details they had on Mike McGarrett as she thought things over, then she smiled as she pointed at the screen and got Ted to change some of the details. This soon had them all laughing, even Sarah was giggling as she thought about this Mike creep having a hand shoved up his rear end as the police did a cavity search for drugs. Alexis had got Ted to change the details on the drug possession to show that he’d been hiding them within his body cavity.

     “Lexi! That’s just pure evil.” Sarah giggled as she stepped over and watched as Ted doctored the police report.

     “I can get Ted to change it again if you think it’s too much?” Alexis asked.

     “I never said that.” Sarah grinned. “I just said it was evil.” Sarah point out.

     “Well you did say that death would be too good for him, so let’s see how he likes being raped himself in other ways.” Alexis said as she wrapped an arm around Sarah and pulled her closer. “He’ll be too busy trying to sort out his own life to worry about coming after you.” Alexis added just before she leaned over and kissed Sarah on the cheek. Sarah soon turned her head to look Alexis in the eyes so she could get a proper kiss though.

     “I’m sorry for not sitting you down and telling you sooner.” Sarah said when they broke the kiss.

     “I need you to sit down with me and tell me what happened. I need to know what you went through, so I can help you finally get over it.” Alexis said with pain in her voice over not being there to protect the woman she loved since she was a child back at school. “Bill, Ted? I need you to do a full work up on McGarrett and his family for me. Don’t leave a single stone unturned.” Alexis said to the guys before she took Sarah by the hand and led her back to their room to finally have that talk about the missing six months in Sarah’s file.

     “You don’t need to worry about Tammy and Melissa bothering you, Maggie’s aware of what’s happened and she’s got them helping her sort out dinner.” Lana said just before Alexis and Sarah left coms.

     “Do they know what happened?” Sarah asked looking worried.

     “They know something is wrong, but not the details Sarah.” Lana said as she gave her one last hug before Alexis led her away to their room so they could talk in private.

    Sarah was hoping the walk would take a lot longer than it did, but she was soon being led into the room and sat on the sofa with Alexis sat next to her. Alexis pulled her into a hug and they just sat quietly for a couple of minutes.

     “I guess trying to distract you won’t work will it?” Sarah asked as she looked up into Alexis’s eyes.

     “Please feel free to try.” Alexis smirked down at her where he head was resting on Alexis’s shoulder.

     “I’m not sure I want to.” Sarah sighed.

     “I think you need to get this off your chest Sarah. It’s been eating away at you for far too long now.”

    Sarah let out a sigh just before she started to tell Alexis what happened to her.

    I’d just started my classes at community college, you’d been gone a couple of months and I was still deeply depressed over your death. I was working in a cafe part time to help with the rent on the place I was renting with a couple of other girls, they were both being really great over the way I was acting about visiting your grave and stuff like that, but they both said I needed to get out and start dating again before I went insane.

    Then Mike McGarrett walked into the coffee shop and started showing an interest in me. I wasn’t sure to begin with, as I felt like I was cheating on you by showing an interest in him, but he wore me down and I finally said yes to going out on a date with him.

    Things were fine to begin with, he’d take me to posh restaurants and expensive clubs, but after a while he started to invite his friends to tag along. His friends never brought any girls with them, they would just have me there as the only girl.

    I soon got sick of this and decided that Mike and I weren’t a good fit together, so I sat down with him and said I wanted to end our relationship. He seemed to understand, and he even asked me to join him for one last drink before we went our own separate ways. I should have realised something was wrong then, because he was being too nice about it, but like a fool I met up with him for the drink. That was when I found myself in a private suite at a hotel with Mike and three of his friends.

    Mike or one of his friends spiked my drink and the next thing I knew I was being held down while Mike raped me. He then let his three friends take it in turns to do the same. They finally got bored and left me in the hotel room where the maid found me tied to the bed sometime the next day.

    The police turned up and they did all the rape kit stuff, but somehow the tests came back inconclusive, so I had no evidence against him or his friends. I tried to move forward with the case against him anyway, but all the lawyers I spoke with said I wouldn’t win, and the ones willing to try suddenly had a change of heart after a visit from McGarrett’s lawyer. I think they were paying them off, or just using some form of blackmail.

    I finally gave up on the rape charges and just tried to get on with my life, but Mike McGarrett had me in his sights and wanted to make my life a living hell for what I did to him, or that’s the way he put it when he came to the cafe one evening.

    He just sat there grinning at me like the Cheshire cat from Alice in wonderland. Gloating over what he and his friends had got away with. He told me about his father paying of the lab people to fake the tests, and how his father’s lawyer took care of all the lawyers I’d spoke to about trying the rape case. He then said that I’d seriously affected his love life with the lies I’d told the press about him, and now I would have to pay the price.

    I’d had enough of listening to him by this point and dumped a full mug of hot coffee in his lap before removing my apron and walking out the cafe. I already knew I’d be fired, so I saved them the job of telling me.

    After that I went through a steady string of jobs one after the other as Mike and his father saw to it that I got fired from every single one of them to the point where you found me living in that dump and working in that place. Mike would have got the owner to fire me over the fight that broke out, so I thought it better to take a chance with Alice, or who I thought to be Alice.

    Mike had got weird as the years went on, he started acting like we were an item, and I was just playing some game with him. I often wonder if he has some sort of mental problem, or the fact his father let him get away with so much just led him to be that way.

    I thought when I left with you it would be the last of it, but it looks like I was wrong, and he’s three fries short of a happy meal. I spent hours each day up at Alex’s grave telling him all my troubles and what creepy things Mike had done on each previous day. I guess some people would call me three fries short of a happy meal as well.

    Sarah had ended up with her head resting on Alexis’s knee as she told her what had happened over the last six years of her life, or the parts that involved Mike McGarrett. Sarah had stopped speaking, so Alexis took that to mean it was over, and she now had all the details. Sarah’s breathing got softer and more even as she fell asleep with Alexis stroking her hair like another person would stroke a cat while it slept on their knee.


*****

    Alice found herself watching the clock go round, she wondered how people could do a normal nine to five job like this, but then she remembered that she was a temp filling in the role, so she guessed most people didn’t do it for long before leaving to find something a little more exciting. Alice had scanned through all the paperwork that came across her desk, which happened to be a lot due to all the men in the office trying to hit on her, and finding any excuse to come over and talk to her. She was snapped out of her clock watching when a woman slammed a large stack of paperwork down on the table.

     “I need you to get all this paperwork on the computer for me.” The woman said in a harsh tone as she gave Alice an evil glare. “And I need it done before you leave this evening.” She added in the same tone.

     “All of it?” Alice asked looking shocked as she looked at the large pile of papers.

     “Yes, all of it.” The woman smirked just before she turned to leave.

    Not happy with the way the woman had taken an instant dislike to her, Alice snapped at her. “What is your problem Sandra? You’ve done nothing but ride me all day.”

    Sandra spun around and leaned on the table as she got close to Alice before she gave her an answer. “I’ll tell you what my problem is little girl. You all come in thinking you’re so pretty, and you have all the men drooling over you.” Sandy suddenly stood up and smiled as one of the sales guys wondered past and smiled at her before smiling at Alice, this just seemed to make Sandra even more pissed off.

    Alice suddenly understood why Sandra was so hateful of her now, she had a crush on that sales guy, and she was jealous because he’d been looking at her on and off all day. The guy looked old enough to be Alice’s father though, and looked much more Sandra’s age range, date wise, but Sandra just needed to take a little more pride in how she dressed.

     “You like him don’t you?” Alice asked an angry looking Sandra. Alice had to hide a smile when she saw the angry look turn to one of shock before it settled on flustered, as she didn’t know how to answer the question to start with.

     “I can’t see what business that is of yours young lady.” Sandra finally got out as she tried to recover her normal look of hatred for Alice.

     “I’m really no threat to you and your love interest Sandra.” Alice smiled at her. “He’s not my type.” Alice added in a whisper.

    Sandra looked confused to begin with, but the lights soon came on, and then Sandra looked worried for another reason. “Oh I see.” She said as she tried to cover herself up even more, which Alice thought would be hard to do as she was already wearing a trouser suit that would look better on a man than it did her.

     “Don’t worry; I have a girlfriend, who I’m very happy with thank you very much.” Alice said with pride, hoping that Lana had heard her say it, and would go easy on her later tonight when she got home from work.

    Sandra’s whole body language suddenly changed as she no longer saw Alice as a threat, but someone she could confide in. Alice found this odd, but it was just like a girl would confide in a gay male friend, they would also do the same with a female one as well. Alice had used this cover story a number of times while going into an office as a temp. She found it the easiest way to get some of the top office workers on her side and willing to gossip about things no one was suppose to know.

     “I’m sorry for being such a cow to you all day dear, but I just feel so old when you young things come in here dazzling the men folk.” Sandra giggled as she sat down next to Alice ready to start the office gossip.

     “Don’t worry about it Sandra.” Alice waved off her apology with a smile. “I better see about getting started on sorting all this out though.” Alice added as she looked at the stack of papers Sandra had put on her desk.

     “Oh don’t worry about that dear, just get it done as and when.” Sandra said pushing the stack off to one side so they could keep chatting.

    Alice was soon being filling in on all the juicy details about who fancied who, and which ones to keep an eye on. Sandra soon got to the good stuff when she started telling Alice about some of the shady deals some of the sales reps got up to. This is what Alice needed to know, which of the reps seemed to have more money than they should for the jobs they held.

    Lana could hear what Sandra was saying and then doing a quick check on each sales rep Sandra spoke about, then Lana would let Alice know if the person had come across the money in a legitimate way or not. Most of them came back clean, or they hadn’t been selling firearms to terrorists.

    Only two of them didn’t have bank accounts to match the lifestyle they were living, so Alice pushed Sandra to tell her more about these two sales reps, thankfully neither of them was the one Sandra had a crush on, that would have been difficult to explain.

    Sandra didn’t know too much more about the two men. The first one David Powell was a little too cocky, and liked to flash the cash around a little too much for Sandra’s taste. Sandra thought he was dealing drugs. The second guy Paul Davenport was an interesting one because he was quiet, turned up for work and did his job well, but never interacted with the other staff very much. Lana had told Alice that he had thousands of dollars in his account that didn’t match up with his salary from his job. Sandra had nothing on Paul to tell Alice, which seemed to annoy Sandra a little.

     “Thanks for all the gossip Sandra.” Alice said when it looked like Sandra had ran out of things to say about the two men. Now it would be down to Alice to dig a little deeper and see what came up within the company.

     “Think nothing of it Alice. I just wish I had your looks dear.” Sandra said with a sigh.

     “I hope you don’t think me to forward Sandra, but you would look much better if you dressed a little younger.” Alice said looking worried she might upset Sandra with her comment.

     “I’ve never been much of a girlie girl. My mother died when I was young, and my father never knew much about raising a girl, that and I had two older brothers as well.” Sandra said, not looking bothered by Alice’s comment at all.

     “You should take some time for yourself Sandra, and visit a salon for a makeover, and then spend a little money on some more feminine looking business suits.” Alice pointed out. “You’d be fighting Dan off then.” Alice added, referring to the sales rep Sandra had a crush on.

     “Do you really think so?” Sandra asked, not sure if Alice was teasing her or not.

     “Trust me, I know so.” Alice said with a knowing nod of her head.

     “I may just have to give it a go.” Sandra said before she left to sort out some papers for a meeting one of the bosses had later in the day.

    Alice spent a little time looking into each man’s accounts to see if any names jumped off the screen at her. David Powell, the first man didn’t seem to do much in the way of work, and he was soon ruled out as a suspect when he came over to Alice’s desk and asked if she wanted to join him after work to do a couple of lines, as he’d had some good shit come in, and he was willing to share a bit with her, or she could buy some and share it with her friends. “Drug dealer!” Alice thought to herself. That information would be passed onto the right people to look into that, but Alice wanted to find out if it was this Paul Davenport selling arms to terrorists.

    It was much harder for Alice to get close to Paul because he was good at his job and sorted all his own paperwork out. Alice tried going over and talking to him under the pretence of asking him how to do a couple of things, but he was quick to close the program he had open on his computer and also hide all the paperwork he had open on his desk as well. All things that made Alice wonder just what this man was up to on company time.

    Alice used the paperwork Sandra had given her as a reason to work late. Sandra had already left with one of the bosses who had a meeting to get to, and he needed Sandra to help him with it. Alice was soon the last one in the office, so she made her way over to Paul’s desk and logged onto his computer with a little help from Bill, Ted and a flash drive that gave the two of them access to Paul’s computer.

    Bill and Ted downloaded all the files on the hard drive, while Alice took a nosy in Paul’s desk draws to see what the paperwork was he’d been so eager to hide. She found a stack of invoices for a company, so she made a mental note of all the details. Alice would then sit down in coms and type it all out from memory, one of Alice’s handy little tricks. It meant she didn’t have to worry about being caught with copied files on her when she left work.

     “This is our man Lana.” Alice said after scanning the last of the invoices in the folder he’d been hiding. “He’s covering up another shipment coming in tonight.” Alice added.

     “Okay baby, Bill and Ted have finished downloading his hard drive, so grab the flash drive and get out of there.” Lana said the last bit with some worry in her voice, she hated to see Alice risk getting caught snooping around.

     “I’m leaving now Lana.” Alice said as she shut down the computer again and then put all the paperwork back in the desk draw where she’d found it. “The deals going down at midnight here at the warehouse, so we need to get the information to homeland security.” Alice added as she made her way back to her desk, so she could grab her bag and get out of there.

    Alice heard a noise from just behind her right before she felt a blow to her head and the world went dark as she fell to the ground unconscious.

    Alice? Alice!” Lana screamed into the mike when she heard a groan and a thud. Then she heard a man’s voice.

     “I knew there was something off with you, you little bitch.” The man said as he sounded to be struggling with something. “I’ll let the guys deal with you, I’m sure they can find out just how much you really know about our little gun running operation.” The man said it as if he was talking to himself, or he thought he was talking to himself.

    A smarter man might have been wondering just who Alice had been talking to, but judging by the way he was talking to an unconscious woman, maybe he thought Alice liked to talk to herself as well, or would have just checked Alice for a wire, a thought that didn’t go down well with Lana as she grabbed her phone and made a call to Alexis.


*****

    Alexis jumped as she was shocked awake by her mobile blasting out the latest song she was using for her ringtone. She’d fallen asleep on the sofa with Sarah’s head still resting on her knee. Sarah was just sitting up and rubbing sleep from her eyes as Alexis tried to focus on her phone and who was calling.

     “Sorry to wake you Saz, looks like Lana needs me for something.” Alexis said with a roll of her eyes when she saw Lana’s name on her phone. “Alice has probably got herself kidnapped or something.” Alexis giggled as she hit the answer button.

     “Hi Lana. What’s my sister gone and done now.” Alexis asked into the phone with a giggle.

     “I think she’s just been knocked unconscious by the bad guys, and they plan to torture her, to find out who she’s working for.” Lana’s frantic voice said down the phone. “Oh god I hope she’s just unconscious.” Lana added with fear in her voice.

    Alexis had stopped giggling and was on her feet and heading for her armoury to suit up. “I’m suiting up now. Do Bill and Ted still have her on tracking?” Alexis asked remaining calm. She was in full guardian mode now as she got ready to go rescue her Angel.

    Alexis had put her phone on speaker so she could keep talking to Lana while she suited up. Sarah was still sat on the Sofa waking up, but she was on her feet and wanting to help just as soon as she worked out that Alice was in trouble.

     “What can I do to help Lexi?” Sarah asked as she stood in the doorway to Alexis’s room where she kept all her cat suits, helmets and weapons.

     “Get up to coms and make sure Lana is doing okay for me, she sounded stressed out just now.” Alexis said as she pulled Sarah closer for a kiss before she took Sarah by the hand and ran her from the room so she could get to Coms while Alexis got in her car and then to Alice before something happened.

    Sarah stood with Alexis at the elevators and watched as she slipped on the helmet. “You go and get your sister, and make the bastards pay if they hurt her.” Sarah ordered just before she kissed Alexis’s helmet where her lips would be if she hadn’t been wearing it.

     “”You can count on that sugar.” Alexis said in her southern slur that the helmet gave her to mask her real voice.

    Alexis was soon in the elevator heading up to her car, while Sarah ran to coms to see how Lana was holding up.

    Lana looked a wreck when Sarah got to command, she was shouting Alice’s name into a mike and getting no answer. She fell into Sarah’s arms and started sobbing the minute Sarah was close enough.

     “Lexi’s on her way to rescue her now Lana.” Sarah said calmingly to the shaking woman. “I feel sorry for the fool that did this; Lexi will give them hell for it.” Sarah added with some pride in her voice.

     “Good!” Lana snapped as she stood up and pulled herself together. “I hope she rips an arm off and beats him to death with it.” Lana added.

     “I could do that sugar, but then it would all be over to quick.” Alexis’s voice said over the speaker in coms. “I trust you’re all receiving me loud and clear honey?” The guardian’s southern slur asked.

     “Loud and clear guardian. The guys have cleared a path for you, so put your foot down and get going.” Lana said.

     “I already am sugar.” Alexis said as she put her foot to the floor and hit greens all the way to the location where Alice’s tracker was coming from. Alexis wasn’t worried about the tracker leading her to the wrong place because Alice had a number of redundant ones just in case the bad guys found one of them.

    Alexis was eager to get to her sister to make sure she was alright still, and also get a work out. Alexis was still angry over what she’d found out about this Mike McGarrett and what he’d done to Sarah over the past six years. She wasn’t mad with Lana and the old man because the sort of thing Mike and his dad did would have been under the table, so there wouldn’t be any trace back to them, so no paper trail for the old man to see. Alexis planned to vent some of her anger on these bad guys until she got the chance to do the same to Mike and his father. But first she needed to make sure her sister was safe.

 

To Be Continued Next Sunday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The rape is not a surprise of course

... but what will be fun to see next is payback. The only way to take down Mike is to take down both him and his scummy father. I think Alexis is going to have a busy time before she gets help from Tammy though.

Kim

Thank you both

I say again; thank you, both.

Thinking of what happened to Jim Bishop and Jason Noble, I'd say, "Don't mess with this girl."

S.

Project Guardian: Book 2, Chapter 2.

The father and son BOTH need to be made to pay.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wow

Wow Sara,

Action time!!! I can hardly wait till next week to read what happens next.

Hugs Ronnie:)

ROO

Sara, love your stories

Thank you for writing such wonderful stories! I love the way your characters develop and change as their situations change – they do not get stagnant.

I like them all.

Jeri

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

Another good chapter

This is another good chapter Though I am curious about some of the other stuff I left in my last Comments. The only thing I wish was that you would update this faster then the next Sunday. Because of how good this one is. I do look forward to the next part and the Devil face is right not because of the cliff hanger itself but because of how long we have to wait for the next update.

Yours Truly

Arina