Back Home

Printer-friendly version

Back Home
Spared From Evil


Synopsis: Something terrible may happen, but a few can be spared. But what secret of safety in time can be shared?
By Stanman63
2012 April Fools and Other Wise Contest

[-][+][-]
She had her chauffeur drive through the rusted wrought iron gates of the estate where she grew up as a boy. It had seen better days: the unkempt lawn, piles of trash and neglected mansion were a pale and sad bizarre mirror of it's former glory,. But she was here to redeem it, as she had been redeemed by people who saw the beautiful soul hidden like a pearl of great price within a dung heap.
[-][+][-]
She remembered how she discovered the girl within and how her parents cherished her, letting her choose to be a boy, or a girl. She chose to be a boy at school, since school had already started, but was a girl at home. She even had the girl's school uniforms to wear for Halloween, and Fridays when her Reverse Club had it's meeting.
[-][+][-]
She'd been able to graduate from high school and transition into a woman before her world was shattered. An unscrupulous business partner of her father had taken over and left them bankrupt. They had to sell the estate to him, but he was murdered by those he'd used, leaving the estate and business empty.
[-][+][-]
Her parents were able to find work on campus where they continued to help her as well as adopt the many students in need of parental guidance, and the wisdom of experience. When she met her true love who knew her past, they welcomed him into the family.
[-][+][-]
Her husband's father was another business man who knew exactly how her daddy had been set up. He was an honest man who'd taken over the defunct business and made it prosper, but would not touch the estate. , but did look for the original owners to no avail.
[-][+][-]
He'd seen it in it's heyday, and knew that the family had been wronged. He would not be satisfied until the wrong was righted, even if he went bankrupt. When he found out who she was, he hired her dad as his vice president.
[-][+][-]
As they drove into the back, she saw her loving family working diligently with the contractors to redeem the estate, as she'd been the catylist in the redemption of her father. She got out, wearing sturdy work clothes to keep her promise, smiling as she contemplated the fun that they'd have as they worked.
[-][+][-]
The End
Finis

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Back Home.

Who was it that said you can't go home again? Apparently he or was it a she, was wrong.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."