Seattle Gal - Conclusion

Printer-friendly version

SEATTLE GAL
Part 22 - Conclusion
 
by Susan Jean Charles
 
Epilogue

 © 2012, by Susan J. Charles. All rights reserved
Edited by Holly H. Hart

I don’t have to dilate anymore. Ken does it for me. And he does it better than I ever did as a man or as a woman. I’m one of the 90% advertised by my surgeon and I love it. I can’t imagine being anything else than the eager-to-please wife making love with her attentive, loving husband. I’m grateful every day for the way my life has turned out.

I have started to take a few weeks every year to record some songs. I got the idea when watching a movie about Elvis Presley. It seems when he knew he was going to go into the Army, he recorded a bunch of songs that were released periodically during the two years he was in the service. That way, he kept his celebrity status in the public’s eye while he was off being a soldier in Germany.

I’ve found out that being a celebrity can be a means to and end. In my case, it makes people pay attention to me when I ask them to contribute money to the Children’s Hospitals around the country. I know what great work the hospitals do and want to encourage support for them in any way I can.

So, while I don’t tour except to do benefits, I release a song every so often to keep myself visible. I’ve got some people in the music industry who manage this for me. And I do TV spots for the hospitals.

It doesn’t hurt that my poster in my Sea Gals uniform is a best seller across the country either. In fact, Playboy offered me a ridiculous amount of money to do a nude spread for them. I turned them down. It’s not that I don’t like showing off my body. I’m very proud of how I look now and like for people to see me in my cheerleader uniform. But a spread in Playboy would send the wrong message to the people I’m trying to reach.

Besides, I’m a wife and a mother now and have to think of what my behavior would affect my family.

I’m going to be in yet another wedding soon. Karen met someone at my wedding. Joe is a great guy and just right for her. I’m going to be her matron of honor.

And I love so much being a mother to my three girls. It isn’t easy all the time. Sometimes I have to be the adult and come down on them. I worried about that the first few times. But a mother has to watch after and protect her children, even if that comes between being friends with those children.

Besides, Deanna told me they all feel good about having a mother who keeps them in line. It makes them feel loved and secure.

Deanna is now fully recovered and into girl’s sports. The way she moves now, you’d never know she’d been in a terrible accident. She’s also starting to notice boys. While I have a little experience being a girl around boys, I’ve already told Karen I’m going to be drawing a lot on her expertise.

Would I change anything in my life to date? If I thought about it long and hard, I might be able to come up with something. But I don’t think so. Except, I do wish I’d have been born with the right equipment so that Ken and I could have a child of our own. But every time I think that, I remind myself that we do have three daughters of our own. And they are the most beautiful girls in the world.

I guess if there were one thing I’d change, I would have gotten out into the world sooner.. I am glad that I found out about all the possibilities the world has to offer. I’m living proof that you can do and be anything you put your mind to, if you only reach out in hope.

As an example, this year I’m also going to be co-captain of the Sea Gals. And the season is coming up. And Shaundra is more pissed at me than usual.

The End

Thank you all so much for reading my story!

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seattle Gal

The Dreams of a lot of Special Girls were in this story. Too Bad it had to END!!

Richard

Reaching out in hope...

Andrea Lena's picture

...thanks for providing an example of that with this wonderful story!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thank you

Susan, you have gifted us with a story both wondrous and wonderful and I thank you.
Joani

Thank you Susan J,

Many thanks to you and Holly for this great story.

ALISON

I'm learning this !

"I guess if there were one thing I’d change, I would have gotten out into the world sooner.. I am glad that I found out about all the possibilities the world has to offer. I’m living proof that you can do and be anything you put your mind to, if you only reach out in hope."

I'm learning this lesson myself right now. Thank you for this.

DogSig.png

I think you got the

last line wrong Susan, Because its us the readers who should be thankng you , Right from the first chapter your story has been nothing other than a joy to read, Thank you very much for writing it , I and i am sure many others look forward (hopefully) to reading some more of your work very soon

Hugs

Kirri

Thanks Susan!!

Pamreed's picture

I enjoyed the story a lot thanks!!

Pamela

Wonderful

NO,Great Story! Wonderful ending! Etc,etc.

Vivien

The kudo thing isn't working for me right now

rebecca.a's picture

Otherwise I would have left one for each chapter of this story. Well done. You managed to paint the world of Seattle very well (without too many allusions to the weather!). And you had a very satisfying character journey. Congratulations.


not as think as i smart i am

Heart Warming

I only discovered this story and couldn't stop reading.Thank you for a very heart warming story.
Joanna

Thank you so much!

I'm amazed that people are still reading this. Your's is the first comment I've received in months and it's good to know that people are still enjoying my story.

Suzij

Another wonderful old story,

if you haven't read this one, I highly recommend it! Just be aware that you will need tissues in the last two chapters for certain.

What an outstanding story!

I loved the story and can relate on so many levels. I really enjoyed the way you crafted the story and ended it so well. I look forward to more of your writing!

Keep up the great work you two!!

Hugs & kisses,
GM

Second time through, and still wonderful.

I almost never re-read stories, by the time I'm a little way in and realize I've read it already, I remember the story and what happened and don't need to do so. This is such a sweet and special story though, that I enjoyed it just as much as the first time around. It just captivates to such an extent, that it was still such a pleasure.