Birth of a Shena part 2

Printer-friendly version

"Subject UX1 day 90. Subject woke up suddenly this morning and made a straight line to the mess hall. Subject seems to be abnormally strong. Normal containment will not be possible. Subject walked through walls to get to mess and then proceeded to devour large helpings of what was supposed to be our meals for the next week. both pork and beef approximately 3 cows worth where devoured, 5 15 pound turkeys, and every pickle jar instock approximately 5 cases of 12 jars 1 liter jars each. subject then fell asleep. We have moved her to one of the training room apartments that her niece X4 shared."

"WHAT THE ****** ******* ********* ******** ****** **** IS GOING ON!" I screamed.

Well can you blame me? I was an overweight male 6feet tall and 350 pounds. Now I am a teenaged girl it would seem. A developing teenaged girl, these tits are itchy. I seem to have acquired some manicured nails with metallic paint on them. I seriously hope this is some sick joke.

I am in a white hospital room, and I mean white even the metal on the bed is painted white. White chairs white desk, well you get the idea. There is a window that is really one way glass but is so cheap anyone can tell its a one way glass. The door is very hard to spot but I find it. I pound on it ineffectually it would seem my former strength is now that of a girl. Shit. The door slides open.

"Ah subject UX1 you are awake finally."

"What the fuck is going on? Where is my niece? And someone get me a goddam cigarette."

"Who is your niece. And if you don't mind could you possibly identify yourself as it would seem your former identification got eaten with the rest of you."

"Nancy Pateski. My name is Fred Mavick of Mavericks auto salvage. What gives why am I a goddam girl?"

"Subject UX1 identifies as Subject X4's uncle the missing Fred Maveski. This concurs with the data we have so far collected. Subject no longer gives off any radiation of any kind. Her nails are no longer metallic but look metallically painted. Further testing will be needed to assure subject is non viable as the others from the experiment."

"Hello! I'm right here and my name is Fred Mavick!"

"Sorry Ms. Maveski or Mavick although the name change did not complete and you are still legally listed as Maveski in many databases."

"Fucking lawyer!" I paid that son of a bitch good money and fixed his car." Can I please get a cigerette?"

"Now Ms Maveski. It is probably the best time for you to quit smoking and is not healthy for your apparent age of 12."

"I am thirty fucking eight years old and I will do what ever the fuck I want to do!"I must admit though I have wanted to quit for years. Habits are really hard to break.

"As to your predicament. You entered into the experimentation chamber just as it was commencing. You got exposed to irradiated gas and the metals on your body at the time reached 2000 degrees F. This caused your lighter to explode which caught you and your less than clean clothes on fire at a fairly good rate. We are unsure but it would seem that due to your being in a room ful of females that you somehow exchanged a bit of dna with them. This overode your normal dna so you are now fully female while the other subject only had a taste of your male dna that washed out soon afterwards. They got fairly sick for awhile but are quite fine now with no sideffects that we can tell. Of all you test subjects only you and your niece have lasting effects. In your niece's case I suspect she will make a very good model. In your case however you look very much like a younger sister of your niece that anything. As such we are completing paperwork so that you are now Francine Elaine Pateski youngest sister of Nancy Anne Pateski. Mr. Maveski is offically dead and was buried five months ago. Your salvage yard was sold off after all the vehicles were crushed and sold for scrap. For what its worth with the insurance company and your funds from the yard. Your wife now has a healthy balance to her bank account in the amount of 5 million, which I understand she has been investing wisely and may be the next Donald Trump."

"Whaa...What?" I am shocked.

"I am sorry for overloading you with information. But if the tests concur with my personal belief that you have lost your rather impressive powers we will release you to your now aunt."

"But I don't wanna be a girl. Change me back. Do surgery! Something this is all your fault!"

"I am afraid that in this case you are mistaken. Had you bothered to wait instead of charging into the room you would have the right to ask for that. Since you did not wait and instead went straight in you forfeited any rights. We should not even be giving you a new background with history or identification and should just let you go. However the administration took pity on you."

"But but I I .." Ok I broke down in tears. This was all too much.

"I am just here to tell you this. Record off please." He apparently waited for some time and a signal.

"Look you piece of disgusting filth. You have a second chance to live a healthy normal lifestyle. Many do not get such a chance ever. If it was up to me alone I would have had you buried in a real coffin. That piece of shit car you sold me left my wife stranded in the worst part of town where she got raped. You had better learn to be a real human being after all this, god knows you certainly don't fucking deserve it."

He left me while I cried for the life I had lost. Eventually the lights dimmed down in the room leaving me to my misery. Francine yeck I wouldn't have named anyone Francine. I just looked at the floor with the lights dimmed and uttered my new name for the rest of the night.

The next morning I was rudely awoken and dragged to a whole whopper of tests. Enough blood was drawn and various tissue samples that at times I was dizzy from blood loss. I was measured and weighed. My sizes, I was told, are a 32 nearly A bra. 19 inch waist, and 30 hips which may even out as I matured. I weighed 121 pounds wet. They said it was a little high but that may be residue from the high metal content in my bone structure. They confirmed that I seemed to have no super powers of any kind. I was not strong or fast or invulnerable. I could not read minds, or move objects with my mind. They said it was highly unlikely that my bones would break but as I matured it would probably disappear.

In short I was a cute blond haired bluish green eyes girl just on the edge of developing a figure. Yeah I am so thrilled. I was also given an information packet on my new life. Francine was a normal girl who just graduated middle school into junior high. I was an average grade student in all but gym where I had failed due to medical complications.

I spent a week being told how a young girl acts and dresses. I was told at the end I was a hopeless tomboy. That was fine by me. My hair refused to cooperate and they finally gave up and said to keep it in a pony tail apparently that high metal content was also in my hair making it only cutable with a grinder for now. Perhaps in a years time when the metals worked out I could get it cut shorter.

My truck was still outside the building but someone had gotten tired of it and had it repainted and repaired. I was thrilled to see it again of course. I got in ready to drive it when the guard stopped me.

"Young lady you are too young to drive where are you parents?"

"Uhm my Aunt is not here yet."

"Come with me please."

I followed the guard back inside the building to wait for my Aunt. How humiliating. My wife did not show up but a friend of hers that I had never met did. While waiting I filled out more paperwork that in short said if I ever tried to expose what happened I would find myself a permanent occupant of a government jail.

"Why hello Francine." Yuck "You look just as pretty as your sister."Double yuck. She talked to the doctors and nurse for awhile. Apparently my cover is that my sister had volunteered me for experimental treatment that worked so that I would now be able to do regular physical activities. Some lung thing.

"Have you got all your stuff from your long stay Francine?" She smiles alot and I said I did when that asshole of a doctor came up saying I almost forgot my fluffy pink pony. Yes one of those My Little Ponys. I was mortally embarrassed and he knew it. He called it Emily, apparently my name for it. Ill get that ass one day. I just smiled and thanked him.

Mrs Douski was of course just thrilled with the charming doctor for taking such good care of me. I wanted to spew. The one nurse that had tried to help me be a girl for the last week told me she would make sure my truck was stored for me until my 16 birthday when she hoped I would be able to drive it again all in a low voiced whisper to my ear. At the end she told me to giggle and smile. Which I did. She gave me a hug which I had to return for visual sake.

The drive to my house with Mrs. Douski was not thrilling. I am not good at the girly girl stuff and just made it seem like I was anxious to see my long missed sister. How do you ask? Simple I looked out the window and stayed quiet. The rest she just assumed. Ok there may have been a few tears involved and I was holding that stupid pony. I cried for a life I missed.

She pulled up to what was my house but was different. The lawn never looked that good before and there was flowers everywhere. The previous blue half finished walls were now all white with brown trim and fake shutters. I almost didn't recognize it at all. From what I could see all my tools and assorted junk from the garage was gone. It seemed to only hold some rakes a lawn mower and a tiller now with plenty of room for the two cars not in it. My long term project car was also missing. It was like moving to a completely new house for the first time before anything was moved.

I had a bit of trouble getting the seatbelt undone and got out of the car after whats her face. I walked up the front walk with her trying to hold my hand. The third stone on the walkway was even fixed. So weird. She rang the doorbell to my house which I didn't have keys for. We waited and she rang again. Finally we heard a call from the back yard. So we went to the side gate which used to be locked and jammed at all times. Now it swung open freely. I walked into a back yard I have never seen before there was a inground pool there now and a garden that some blonde well endowed girl was just getting up from.

"Nancy?" It was a guess but she looked sorta like my flat and pudgy niece.

"Franny!!" She squealed while she ran up to me. She had grown a bit or it was because I was shrunk I couldn't tell. I was not expecting the hug and kisses though. My tiny breasts got squished and I was not thrilled.

"Omg! Its been so long since I last saw you sis!" Sis? What the hell? This is the first time she has ever seen me like this and I am her uncle. Er former uncle dam. This is gonna take some getting used too. I struggled and gave her a cursory hug back for appearances sake.

"We got so much catching up to do!" That would be an understatement. This was too weird. I could have made a scene i suppose but I just shut up and let her do all the talking, which was alot of thank you to Mrs. Doubtfire. Ok its not her name but her gussy attitude was getting on my nerves. And I was still holding that stupid pink pony.

After she left Nancy and I went into the house. I went straight to the fridge looking for a beer or some other spirits. Nothing but diet soda and other healthy drinks. Yuck. I even went to the new wine rack and looked at the bottles for something to drink.

"Fran what do you think your doing?"

"I need a stiff drink."

"Not at your age you don't" And she took the bottle out of my hand and put it back.

"Ok Nancy you know full well you never had a sister and I am not she, this is just for convenience." I was upset."When you Aunt gets home we can talk about this more but right now I seriously need to get drunk." Again she took the bottle from me.

"Well sister dear. As far as Aunt Jane is concerned you died. She had a tough time with that. She believes that you are my sister as the agency provided some really convincing pictures of you and me growing up as sisters. The only thing you will do is hurt her alot more that she really doesn't need right now." She was somewhat upset.

I had to think about what she said. I didn't want to give up my wife. I mean I really loved her and the idea of fooling my wife into thinking I was her niece was impossible. Looking over everything I could see that all traces of my former self were gone. Even our favorite picture on the mantel was gone. It was when I proposed to her in the middle of a restaurant and she had accepted.

Trying to believe that Fred was dead was not an easy thing to accomplish and I spent alot of time out back of the house sitting on a chair by the new pool. The pony which I had in my arms was my only comfort as I sat there and realized for the first time just how truly my former life was gone.

I know words cannot express how devastating such a realization is but it was. I seriously thought about drowning myself in that pool. Nancy just continued in the garden doing whatever it was she was doing. Day passed into afternoon and I hadn't moved. I just sat there and after awhile I started to cry. Then cry some more. Since I was holding that pony it was awhile before Nancy realized I was crying. Boys don't cry if we do it its silent. This whole girl thing was still new to me.

"Fran?"

"Leave me alone please." I don't know why I said that. I really really wanted a motherly hug to tell me it will be alright. I know I was to old for that but I still wanted it. Much to my surprise Nancy gave me a hug. Not the same but still a hug helped in a way and I started to gush tears. Nancy soon joined me in tears and she told me how sorry she was for being so stupid and getting me burned almost to death just to save her. We apologized about many things that had happened over the last year and a half. We also started talking about how I was to tell Aunt Jane where I had been over these last 8 years. The agency just said I was registered with a children's shelter and was fostered out. No names nothing. We figured a few details such as I thought Nancy was dead and she vise versa. It was only chance that the foster parents had to give my place to another more deserving child when it was found I had a sister registered via the experiment. It wasn't really all that believable but was certainly better than nothing. We made a game of talking about things that didn't happen to me over the years. And that was how Aunt Jane found us.

"Well I can certainly see the resemblance. Oh Francine I am so sorry. I can't imagine how tough it has been for you over the years without your sister." Said my wife.

She looked good. She looked very good actually. She was wearing a very professional skirt suit with a high neck blouse. The suit was dark blue and the blouse an off white polyester type semi sheer. It was very arousing to me unfortunately. Good thing that pony was there to hide that fact. She was in black pantyhose but was otherwise barefoot with her heels in hand. She came and gave us both a hug.

"Well Francine I guess I should introduce myself. I am your Auntie Jane I was married to your mother's brother until he died recently." I could see the pain cross her face it broke my heart." I have been made your legal guardian till you are 18 just like your sister."

I only nodded not trusting myself to speak not that I could anyways with this horrible lump in my throat.

"I understand you have been something of a tomboy up till now. Which I can see you are outgrowing. Don't worry honey, its just us girls in this house and if you have any questions about how we do certian things you can always ask me okay sweetie."

I just nodded again. Fat chance of me being a girly girl but I gathered that was what she needed to hear from me. I just couldn't tell her the truth. It would devastate her, as much as I loved her I also realized I had to let her go. She had grown far more than I would have guessed. Telling her the truth now would be terrible.

That evening was very difficult for me I almost opened my mouth a few times to tell her it was me. I couldn't though I knew that. So I played the shy scared little girl I appeared to be. I allowed myself to be led by Jane up to my new room across for the same room we had shared for almost 10 years. I looked at the room longingly but went into my new room that had a shared bath with my new sister. I was put into a bubblebath and scrubbed by my wife while she just hummed. She really was a perfect little mother and I felt guilty of the children I had denied her over the years. I wasn't ready for children. She obviously was. I cried once or twice in that tub with her getting wet each time as she gave me a hug. I got out all wrinkly and she patted me dry saying all the while that it was better for my skin if I patted instead of rubbed. Technically I was 12 and should have known all this. But I just couldn't deny her the chance to treat her daughter to all the simple girly things.

I was sitting in my new frilly pink bed with my pony beside me as she brushed my hair. That actually felt really good while she did it. After my hair was dry she moved aside the covers on the bed and helped me get into the too soft mattress. She even tucked me in tightly then placed my pony into my arms. She kissed me on the forehead said sweetdreams and turned off the light.

I'll be darned if I didn't have those sweet dreams.

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I've just read the teaser and

I've just read the teaser and part two and have enjoyed it. It was a bit fast for me though, I would have like it more if you had given more detailo on the parts so far and I hope you will on the bits to come.

Peronally I think it was a very bad decision of hers to sign anything that they gave her; they said that they had no respnsibility for him because he tresspased, the same works in the other direction, and it could be argued that they did because they hadn't secured a facility where obviously dangerous experiment were being carried out.

thanks for comments

Comments are lifeblood of a writer and actually determine to proceed or not.

Thanks so much for reading.

I'm surprised they let her go

maybe she's a super heroine now, after all. But this was an excellent chapter, with some real emotional moments that tugged at my heart. Thank you for this.

DogSig.png

Not a bad start

Just read your teaser also, go for it, reads well as an idea, some small errors to edit thou.

Besides the usual...

...venom about how I would hunt them all down if I had developed super powers; there is this feeling that I just could not stay under that roof. I mean the first time my wife shacked up with another man I don't think I could dismiss the anguish and anger. And that niece! It was her fault! I don't think I could prevent blaming her when my wife did end up remarrying. I'd have to go somewhere else to try and restart my life.

besides the usual?

but how guest reader, the person in question is now supposed to be 12 years old, a little young to be leaving home in a temper tantrum don't you think?