The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 28

Printer-friendly version

The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 28
by Barbara Lynn Terry

Chapter 1 - Naomi gets a call.

No sooner did Naomi get in the house, than she was told by Gloria Richards that she had a phone call. It was Dr. Garcia.

"I will b right there, doctor."

"Ruth, Gloria, I have to go back to the hospital, there has been a complication with Janice."

"May I come, too, Naomi?" Renée asked meekly.

"Honey, I don't know how long I am going to be there."

"It's all right, Naomi, I am Janice' sister and I want to be there for her."

"Spoken like a true Pine Meadows sister," Eve said, smiling. "Call us, Naomi, and let us know how she is doing and what the doctor said."

"I will, Evie. Get your coat and boots, Renée, and let's go."

They got in the SUV and buckled their seat belts. Naomi headed for the hospital, and she was there in seven minutes. Being a half mile from town and the home, worked out perfectly for Naomi. This way she was between the two, and could get to any one of them quickly. Unless she was training, then she wouldn't be able to respond until after her shift, or if it was an extreme emergency, like it was now.

Naomi and Renée walked in the room, in time to see them insert a tube in to Janice' mouth.

"Doctor?"

"She isn't responding. She is going to have to be watched closely now. A nurse will have to be in the room with her. I understand that last night you brought her back, after seeing her at the home?"

"I was called by the house mother, that Janice was there and was asked to come and take her back. When I got to the home, Janice was on her bed, fully dressed. With the help of a couple of the girls, we got her in my SUV, and I brought her back here."

"Well, she will have to be watched very closely. Her pulse has calmed down somewhat, but she is still non-responsive. Renée, what are you doing here?"

"I came to be here for my sister. The girls at the home made Naomi and I honorary sisters, and a sister should always be there for the other."

"Well, I'm going to go an see other patients. I am on call today, because Dr. Marks is ill."

"Wait! You are the doctor for the home, and you work here, too!?!"

"Yes, Renée. I sub here for other doctors on the weekends and holidays. They know I work at the home during the week, but during my 'free' time, I sub here."

"I guess I have a lot to learn," Renée said, looking puzzled.

"It's us that work and lie at the home, that are learning from you, Renée. You and Rachel. You both are teaching us things we have heard so much negativity about. Let me ask you this. When you talk to a girl or a woman, why do you look us in the eyes, instead of at our breasts."

"Let me ask you, doctor. Why would I want to look at another girl's breasts, or even a woman's for that matter?"

"Fair enough. You do know, that I am going to do the same for Rachel, too. I need to be sure, before I can recommend srs, that this is what Rachel wants. I understand you have your own doctor."

"Yes, she is coming up tomorrow, and she is going to take me to lunch. I was told this is what she calls a 'fishing expedition'. She will take me out to see how I act in public. She said a boy who claims to be transgender, but is still all boy, will slip up unconsciously and revert to doing what boys do naturally; that is, ogle at girls. If the person who claims to be transgender does that, this doctor will stop the 'fishing' and take the 'boy' home. All he will get out of it is a free lunch."

"So what you are saying, that because you, yourself, are a female, and that has nothing to with your body. Did I say that right?"

"Yes, doctor, you did. See, it's like this. It is who we are in our soul. The body is just a vehicle for the soul that takes the soul on its journey through its female life. It is like getting in a car and having the car take you in to town, even though you are guiding it. The body serves as the soul's car, and even though the soul guides the body, the body does what the soul needs; much like car does what the person driving it
tell the car to do, by using the gas, brake and clutch pedals, and uses the steering wheel to keep the car straight.

"It is the same with the soul, doctor. The soul uses its will to steer the body to live a proper female life. Once we take that first plunge, there is no turning back. We have a guide called tsroadmap.com, and there is a lot of information in there. When you talk to Rachel, don't let her know you talked to me, because this way you will know she gave you those answers herself. I am not going to lie, doctor. Rachel and I have talked about this before. But not in such detail. What I asked her is, did she come to the home to go through her transition. She said yes and no. Yes, she is going to live the rest of her life as a female, no she didn't actually come to the home to go through her transition. What she said was, that when she came to the home, she realized then that this is what she wanted. She said it took coming to the home to find out who she really is. The rest she will have to tell you."

"Well, thank you for being candid. I heard what Rachel did the first night she was at the home. If she really wants the girls to help her, then I can recommend srs when she turns eighteen."

"Couldn't she have her srs sooner?"

"No, Renée. See, Rachel is not a true ward of the state. Her mother still has parental custody on home visits. If Rachel were to have her srs early, that permission would have to come from her mother as well as the judge that sent her to the home."

"What would a true ward of the state be, for instance?"

"Her mother and father would have to give up their parental rights, in family court. Then Rachel becomes a true ward of the state, and the state can make decisions regarding her treatment, including transferring her to a boys facility."

"That would not be too good for Rachel, because then she might have to defend herself against the boys that would want to abuse her. The girls have taken her under their wing, and are helping her with being the girl she needs to be."

"I agree that would not be good for Rachel, and with he legal name as it is now, would cause her no amount of peace. No, she is safe where she is. The girls trust her, the staff trusts her, and she trusts all of them. As time goes on, I will be observing her progress, to make sure she doesn't change her mind.

"Renée," Naomi said, interrupting. "Today is Christmas day, and we said we would be at the home, to help the girls celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. Do you want to go? We can come back later."

"All right, Naomi. I want to be there when Rachel opens her presents."

"I'm coming along too. I need to observe Rachel, especially if she gets any kind of female clothing as presents."

"We will meet you there, doctor."

With that, Renée gave Janice a very careful hug, as did Naomi, then they left for the home.

Chapter 2 - Christmas at the Pine Meadows Home For Adolescent Girls.

Naomi went first to her house and told everybody to come to the home and watch Rachel and the girls open their presents. She did tell Ruth, Rachel's mother, that the new home doctor would be there to observe Rachel, especially if she got any feminine clothes as presents. Ruth smiled and said that would be very good. Then the new doctor could see just how much of a girl Rachel really is. Carl, Gloria, Ruth, Mandy and Sandi were in Carl and Gloria's car, and Renée and Naomi in Naomi's SUV.

They all arrived at the home parking area at the same time. Then they went in the house at the same time. The girls were all sitting, talking mostly about nothing.

"It's about time you showed up, Naomi. We can't have Christmas without you and Renée. Now, if we are ready," Sharon said, with authority, "I will hand out the presents.

"The first present goes to Joy."

Joy opened her present to find a sewing kit. It had thread of different colors, needles you can sew by with and needles for the sewing machine, and even had a thimble.

"Thank you, everyone."

Even though the present said from Santa Claus, she knew they all chipped in to help buy the forty five dollar kit. She knew how much it cost, because for the past month, every time she went in to town, joy look at that kit, as if she was going to teleport it to her room at the home. This did not go unnoticed by her sisters. Joy got up and hugged everybody, including Renée. Sharon then continued.

"The next present is for Rachel."

Rachel opened the box to find a necklace and tear drop earring set. She immediately almost flew to the mirror in the living room, to see how it looked. Dr. Nita was writing down this observation. Sharon picked out another present, this time for Diane.

"OMG! This is just fabulous," She said holding up the sleeveless, black cardigan that had a wide , pink V in the plunge neckline. This sweater was made to be worn over a shirt or blouse. When she looked at the tag it said it was a size M and was from Brooks Brothers Women's. Diane put on the sweater, and it fit perfectly. The next present was for Janice, and you could have heard a pin drop, when the girls all of a sudden became eerily silent.

"Naomi, how is Janice doing?" Melanie Roberts asked, with concern for her sister.

"She is in a coma and the doctor doesn't know how long she may be out. I have heard though, that it is really up to her, if she wants to wake up or not. Many people spend years in comas because they can't wake up, or don't want to. She can hear us when we talk to her, but if and when she wakes up, she will not remember what she heard. She is stable for now."

Melanie Roberts stood up and faced everybody.

"I make a motion, that we suspend opening presents until Janice can be with us. I don't know about anyone else, but I am saying a prayer for her tonight just before I get in bed. Janice is going to need all the help she can get."

"I know who may be able to help," Naomi said, with determination. "Sisters, if I am correct in making my assumption, I am going to Belaire and talk to someone."

"Do you think you can get her to come up, even for this?" Joy Carver asked.

"I am going to try Joy, I am going to try. Janice needs her more than ever now, and I am betting she needs Janice right about now, too. When I get to Belaire I can better make my decision of how to proceed. She may not have had a choice, but to sign away her parental rights. I will see when I get to Wayne county."

"Naomi," Joy said with sadness in her voice. "Our parents come up here and take part in many of the programs they have set up for us. Some of our parents even go horseback riding with us, too. It would mean so much to us, if Janice' mom could help her through her therapy, and do things for and with Janice."

"So, who seconds my motion to suspend opening presents, until Janice can be with us?" Melanie asked the assembled girls.

Joy seconded the motion, and when asked who was in favor, all the girls said aye. Janice Peyton may have had a reputation as a tough girl, but right now she was very frail, and needed all the help she could get, even if they were prayers from her sisters.

Naomi hugged all the girls, and left for Wayne county, about almost five hours south of where she was.

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Too Binary

Saying that if a transgirl ogles girls then "he" is not truly trans is incredibly bigoted, and just reenforces the narrow-minded binary standard. That leaves no room for lesbian, gay, or bisexual trans people. IMHO, that doctor should have her license revoked. And that bit about a "proper female life" made me want to scream. How can they be so accepting of trans folk yet so insistant on het-only relationships?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 28

What if the girl in question prefers girls to guys?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You both may be on to something.

But this doctor has had this particular method of finding out if a "boy" truly wishes to be female, or just wishes to have attention. In the mid 60's when there were transfolk going to the Philipines and a few places in Europe to have srs, there was actually a "test" of sorts. If you were 6'2", hairy and lumbered like most guys do, then they wouldn't even consider you for the rlt. The elderly Dr. Barbara St. Clair, MD PhD, made her first appearance in Chrissie which is now an ebook. The information for buying Chrissie is under my name here on BC/TS.

You will find that even today, some psychiatrists still hold to the male/female heterosexual relationship. Just look at the fanatical religious right, and all the support they are getting from the Republican controlled House of Representatives. Even though this congressional support is in violation of the first amendment of the United States Constitution, it is still being done.

But Dr. Barbara St. Clair, MD PhD doesn't do this fishing expedition because she is biased, she does it because she wants to see if the client is as feminine as the client claims. In order for her to recommend to to the court that certain items be changed, she has to be sure that the client is 100% female inside. What the client does sexually AFTER srs, is not her concern.

We will wait and see, because Dr. St. Clair is elderly and has been doing this for over 50 years. In fact this will be the last story she makes her appearance in.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Coma

Renee_Heart2's picture

Janice is in REAL danger now that she slipped in to a coma, there HAS to be something medically wrong with her more than just depression.

As for Renèe's Dr. We will see what she says about Renèe I think she will find Renèe to be nothing but female.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Now two

Jamie Lee's picture

First it was Ruth and now Janice. Gloria and Mandy sat with Ruth, talking until she came out of her coma. Maybe the firm's could do the same thing, sitting with Janice, talking to her, helping her to realize there are people who really care for her.

Naomi going to see Janice's mom only adds more validation to her already trusted standing with the girls. And if mom doesn't want to come?

Others have feelings too.