Ithycca

Printer-friendly version

Ithycca

Ithycca

Judgement day is coming, the supposed battle between good and evil at hand. The warlords of both Heaven and Hell will battle the final time, and the victory will determine the true rulers of all Earth. In the middle of it is the Human beings, ever naive of the situation and yet unbeknownst to them is choosing their side as we speak.

The New Testament however, is but a small, almost biased view of the world ahead.

Earth a long time ago was form by the basic elements of life, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Earth granted four spiritual essences, or Gods, dominion of these elements, and using their powers, created races to cultivate and improve their realms. The God of Earth created Humans, The God of Air Angels, and the God of Fire Djinni. The God of Earth, the favored god of the Planet, was the gatekeeper to the other realms. The Humans, weak as may seem, have the advantage to travel to the realms of Air (Heaven), Fire (Hell), and Water (Atlantis). The other realm's inhabitants could only travel to the Realm of Earth.

People have forgotten about the Legacy of the children of water, the Merfolk. A long time ago they ruled the oceans, providing barriers that prevented the Humans of Earth access to all of it's land. This forced the two races into war. The most memorable moment was the Deluge or Noah's Ark fame, sent forth by the Merfolk to eliminate the Humans.

Sadly, someone gave word of this to the humans, and survived. Seeing they were badly outnumbered, they had to find assistance. Luckily they had control of the gateway. For their assistance, the Angels and Djinn could have free passage into the realms of Earth, and do as they see fit. Now a part of the battle, the Merfolk had no chance, and were driven to extinction.

The Goddess of Water, Alora, felt a great pain as her children died. She removed a scale from her beautiful body, and dropped it into the oceans of Earth. One day, a special child, disguised as human, will find this scale, and with it she will be reborn: Ithycca, queen of the Merfolk.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seems to be interesting. A

Seems to be interesting. A god for every element instead of one god for all?

thank you for writing,
Beyogi

Ithycca- Preview

To me, Ithycca- Preview could be fleshed out with a few chapters to show what all happens in greater detail

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It's a preview...

laika's picture

You know. Like the words scrolling off into space at the start of Star Wars.
I'm sure the story will follow.

And if it's got mermaids in it I can't wait!!!
~Princess Anemone

I've read that

It wasn't bad at first, then it really took you for quite a loop at the end.

Well the beginning was kind

Well the beginning was kind of awesome, the way her life in the sea was described. I thought it was kind of sad that the plotline with the Leviathan was discarded and well the end... I've seen worse ones, but I've also seen better ones with less asspulls.

There's some things that need to be fleshed out

But, I get distracted easily, and I didn't want to forget about this one. Consider it like a post it note, I probably won't take too much time starting it. Plus, I wanted to try and do a series by my lonesome, and create my own little world. Most likely I'll finish working on the next few parts of "The Heart of it All," and get chapter one of Ithycca done soon after.