The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 23

Printer-friendly version

The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 23
by Barbara Lynn Terry

Chapter 1 - Naomi takes the girls back to the home.

After they ate the pizzas, Sandi and Mandy showed up with their car full of their clothes. Naomi took them upstairs and showed them the room they would be sharing, right across from Gloria and Carl's room. The 'family' was now complete, and Naomi said she needed to take the girls back.

"Naomi, may we come back tomorrow? We want to help some more."

"I will ask. I really enjoyed having you girls here. But, since there aren't enough beds, I think you deserve to sleep in your own beds, tonight."

"That would be wonderful. I'm so tired I could sleep like Rip Van Winkle." Nobody giggled, because everybody was beyond exhaustion. Sleeping in their own beds, would assure them all a proper rest."

"Sharon, Melanie, and Rachel. I want you three to know that I am very proud of the way you not only helped us, but by the way you carried yourselves, and behaved like proper young ladies. When we are all settled in and we have everything arranged the way we want it, Sandi and Renée are going to have sleep overs. That means we send Carl to a motel for the weekend." They all giggled at poor Carl's expense.

"Why can't I just sleep in the doghouse?" The ladies all giggled.

"Carl, it will be a house wide sleepover, and this way you won't be stumbling over bodies that fell asleep watching the television. Besides, the girls need to be comfortable, and they can't do that while you are in the house."

"How many of these sleepovers are there going to be?"

"Quite a few, dear," Gloria said, laying her head on his shoulder. "This way, too, you can go fishing for the weekend."

"Sounds like a plan, but if I catch anything, you ladies have to clean them."

"Oh? Just who and what army is going to make us?"

"Gloria, you know you love cleaning the fish. You keep telling me I don't get enough of the scales off."

"That, dear husband, is only because you are in such a hurry to fry them. I say what we do, is after you clean them, we roast them in foil in the grill."

"We haven't done that since Renée was a toddler."

"Well, we can start it up again."

"But, we won't be having sleepovers this quickly. We have to get all of the furniture we are going to need, in the house, and sell the rest at a yard sale."

"I would like to help with the yard sale."

"Sharon, I was thinking maybe you, Melanie, Rachel, Sheryl, and Connie could help with the yard sale. There is going to be plenty to do, to keep everybody busy, plus have a good time. We will even sell refreshments, too. But, I want you all to know, that we will be doing other things, too, and I want all the girls in your house to be able to have a turn at a home visit with us. It is nothing personal, but the others don't need to branding you as Naomi's pets."

"You're right, Naomi. I should be ashamed of myself for thinking of only myself. Well, sisters, I think Naomi has a point. We must give our other sisters the chance we have had. It is only fair."

"Now you see why we look up to you, Sharon. You know exactly what to do and what to say that makes more sense than some adults."

"Thank you, Mel, I really appreciate that."

"Well, ladies, if we are ready, we can go. Renée would you like to ride with?"

"Yes, Naomi. I can give my sisters a good night hug before they have to go to bed."

Sharon, Melanie and Rachel gave Evie and hug before they went out to the SUV. Once buckled in, Naomi started the SUV, and they drove the half mile to the home. When they went in the house, Madelline was sitting in the living room with a few of the girls.

"Well, you're back. How did you enjoy your home visit?"

"It was wonderful, mom. We helped pack and load the trailer, and we stopped at BK for lunch, and we had pizza for dinner. It was very wonderful."

"Well, there is a couple of hours before bedtime. Come over and tell us what you all did besides pack and load the trailer."

The girls told Madelline all about what Naomi did at the truck stop, and then decided that Evie should come with. When we got a little ways away from the truck stop, Naomi pulled over, because Rachel was having a moment. They told Madelline about Trooper Jim O'Donnell stopping to see if he could help. They were talking all at once, and Madelline had to calm them all down.

"Ladies, ladies, one at a time, please. My goodness, you're all excited. You must have had a really good time."

"We did, mom. Naomi also said they she was thinking about giving some of the other girls the same chance that we had. She wants the girls to know that someone other than the staff and our sisters, actually care about who we are and what we do. We all need that reinforcement, mom."

"Sharon, your head isn't squarely on your shoulders, it is attached by quick drying concrete. You are way ahead of your years, young lady. That's a good thing. Naomi, you just tell me who it is you want to take out for a day, a weekend, a week, or how ever long. I will leave word for Jack and Jan in the morning, so they know. How did they behave?"

"They behaved like young ladies. I had to come back here for that guy's initial appearance and to rent a trailer. I left Sharon and Melanie at my house in Forest City, and while I was gone they had packed everything in boxes, and had it waiting for me when I got back with the trailer. I am very proud of the way they presented themselves to my neighbor, Janet, who invited us in for hot cocoa." Naomi turned tolook at Sharon, Melanie and Rachel. "I am proud to call all three of you, my sisters." They all hugged, and Renée told Rachel that she would come with Naomi to pick her and the others up."

"Oh, Rachel, uhm, tomorrow morning you are to go to the medical side of psychiatric to see Dr. Juanita Garcia, PhD, MD. She will give you a complete physical, and talk to you for a bit. So if you could pick her and the other girls up, say, after lunch, that would be fine."

"I thought the new doctor wasn't supposed to come until after New Year's."

"She was, Evie, but she decided she needed to get Rachel's blood drawn so we can start her on her therapy agenda. She has done very well so far, but, there are other programs she needs to take part in."

"Yes, I understand."

"By the way, Eve Reinhardt, you have done very well, too, since leaving here. We are very proud of you."

"Thank you, mom," Evie said with tears in her eyes. Madelline gave her a motherly hug, and told her she had as much right to cry as the other girls.

"Evie, you may not live here any more, but you are still one of my dear daughters, and you always will be."

"Thank you, mom. Mom? I asked Naomi if the sheriff's office here was hiring deputies. I mean, the truck stop is all right, but it has no real future."

"Honey, you can be anybody you want to be. Just because you are a woman, does not mean you have to be limited to what you can do. Look at Naomi, she knows martial arts, she has a kind heart and an open mind, and she wears uniform, badge and a gun. But that doesn't make her any less of a woman."

"I told Evie I would check to see if we're hiring. I have to check in tomorrow anyway. I have to file my report on the arrest of that jerk at the truck stop. I had Jim O'Donnell take the prisoner in for me, because we had to get going to Forest City. I made it just in time for this guy's initial appearance, and the language he used. I don't know exactly where he thought he was but the judge gave him a high cash bail. That means either he comes up with the entire bail, or he sits until his trial. The NCIC didn't have his prints on file, yet, because he has never been arrested, until he met me. Things could have gone differently if he had put the knife down, but wielding a knife at me, only gets you a very small room with bars on the front of it. So, I will check, and give you a call, Evie."

"Here is my cell number. Call this, when you find out. I can get Donna to cover for me."

"All right. I will be back tomorrow after lunch. Good luck, Rach. I know you will like this doctor even though I haven't met her, yet." There were hugs all around, and Naomi, Renée and Evie left to go back to the house.

Madelline clapped her hands and told the girls to get ready for bed. Sharon, Melanie and Rachel were going to have a really good night's rest. When Sharon and Rachel went in their room, Sharon shared a little secret with Rachel.

"When I was sleeping in the car, I dreamt that you and a boy went out on a date. I couldn't see a face on the boy, but I knew it was someone you had just met. So, girlfriend, spill. When is this date I dreamt about?"

"A week from Saturday."

"With who? C'mon, sis, enquiring minds want to know."

"Tom Bradley from the U-Haul place."

"I know Tom. He's a nice boy, and he treats girls with respect."

"I told him I lived here, when he asked me where I lived, because he said he would pick me up. He said okay like I was living in town, or something."

"Tom has dated a few of the girls here, me included. You are going to be safe with him, because he knows we aren't allowed to have any kind of sex. See, sis, some of the girls here have been sexually abused, and Tommy Barker and Tom Bradley know this. This is one of the reasons they treat us with respect, too. Another reason is, because they were brought up properly.

"The people in town know we have been abused, they just don't know what kind of abuse, and they don't pry. They figure that if we want them to know, we will tell them. But it is hard to tell strangers about abuse, because a lot of people who have never been abused, wouldn't understand the trauma we still feel because of that abuse.

"I mean, they can empathize and sympathize, but they could never understand. When Tom comes to pick you up, sis, I will do your makeup and hair. You aren't allowed any eye shadow, but you can wear a light lip gloss, mascara and dual foundation/powder on your face. I will also pick out your outfit, because if I know Tom, he will take you to see a movie at the drive-in out on highway 41 and then a burger and fries afterwards. He may buy you a soda while you are at the drive-in, but he won't buy popcorn or candy. That is because he wants you to be hungry when he stops at Glenda's a mile away from the drive-in. Girlfriend, you are going to have a very good time.

"Tom also likes to talk a lot, so just listen. He wouldn't expect you to answer, even if he asks a question. Mostly, the questions he will ask are rhetorical and don't need an answer."

"I know someone else who talks a lot, too," Madelline said, standing in the doorway. "Time to go to sleep, girls. You can talk about this in the morning."

"Yes, mom. Good night, mom. I love you."

"Good night, girls, and I love you both. Now get some sleep."

It wasn't long before both girls were sound asleep.

Why does it seem that you just closed your eyes, and it is time to get up? Well, morning comes way too fast, and Jan was waking up the girls so they could get their showers. Jack Olsen was in the office reading the reports from Madelline and Hazel.

After the girls had taken their showers and were dressed, they all went to the dining room, where they stood by their places, until someone said grace. Today it was Rachel's turn, and when she said she didn't know how to say grace, Sheryl told her to just say what was on her mind.

"God, thank you for this food, and thank you for these wonderful friends whom you made my sisters. Please be kind to us, daddy, Jan, mom, Hazel, Naomi, Renée and her mom, my mom, Evie, Trooper Jim O'Donnell and all the people I have met in the last week since coming here to this home." Everybody said amen, except for Rachel, who said amen after she heard everybody else say it.

"Rachel," daddy said, with a wide smile. "That was the best grace I have heard in a long time. Thank you."

The girls all sat down and started getting their servings from the lazy susans. This morning the cooking squad had prepared pancakes, maple flavored sausage, hash browns, and the milk, coffee and hot water for tea was set out on the lazy susans, as well. The girls were all talking, and it sounded more like a hive of bees buzzing than teenage girls. Connie looked at Rachel, and smiled.

"Rach, we have a new doctor, and she will be here permanently after New Year's. She is Hispanic and has a wonderful sense of humor. She stopped by the house yesterday, while you were gone. She was actually looking for you, but when she found out you were out on a visit, she just told mom to have you come and see her today. Do you know where the medical part of psychiatric is?"

"No. Jan took me there when I saw that...that...and then she brought me back. I was trying to pay attention on how to get there and back, in case I had to go there myself. But I forgot how to get there."

"No problem, sis," Sharon added. "I'm your shadow here, and it is my duty to show you around the grounds, so you know how to get to one place or the other. The school is on the other side of the little sisters house, and psychiatric is between them and us. So, when you have to go, I will go with you."

"Thank you, Sharon. I have been here five days, and I am still so...so...uhm, ..."

"Overwhelmed is the word you are looking for, sis," Melanie added."

"Yes, what Mel said. I am overwhelmed by all the kindness everybody has shown me, I feel like a thief in the night."

"How so?" Daddy asked, quizzically.

"I feel that I don't deserve all this kindness. I...haven't done...didn't do...I...Oh Naomi, where are you?" Rachel broke down, and Jan and Sharon took her in the living room.

"Jack, call Naomi. Tell her Rachel needs her."

"Right away, Jan."

Jan and Sharon held tightly onto Rachel until Naomi could be with her. Suddenly a siren sounded outside, and then stopped. Naomi rushed in to the house, and Rachel ran straight in to Naomi's arms.

"Oh Naomi, I...omg, I...I just...help me, Naomi."

"Sis, I'm here, I'm here. Come over to the sofa and let's sit down." While they walked over to the sofa and as they sat down, Naomi still held Rachel, tightly. "When you are ready, sis, you can tell me what is wrong. Okay?"

Rachel just kept crying, and crying. Naomi had a very worried look on her face, and as she looked she saw Jan did too. Jan just shrugged her shoulders as if to say she didn't know what brought this on all of a sudden. Naomi just nodded her head, that she understood.

Jan went in the dining room and talked to the girls. But even they were at a loss to know what brought this on. But they understood, because they had all been there. These were Rachel's sisters, and they were all worried about her.

Jack came out of the office and told Jan he had called Dr. Garcia, too. Jack said that as long as her friend was here, she would wait and see Rachel at nine o'clock.

With her head buried in Naomi's shoulder, Rachel started talking.

"I'm sor..ry, sis, I...I don't know...what came...over me. I was saying...I felt...felt...I didn't...didn't deserve... all...all the kindness everybody has...has shown me in the last five days, and then, all of a sudden, I just broke down. I'm sorry, everybody, I didn't mean to upset everyone."

"Sister Rachel Eileen Watkins," Connie stated, firmly. "No apologies are necessary. Everyone of us has been where you are now, and we still get so choked up, we cry on our sisters shoulders more often than we care to admit. You are still new here, and all of this has got to be eating away at you. I know, because it happened to me, the first two weeks I was here. I know my sisters love me, and so does daddy, Jan, mom, Hazel and even Ms. Wells. But there are times when all of these surroundings kind of get to me, and before I do something dumb, I go to my sisters and ask to talk.

"You broke down, because you were saying you didn't deserve the kindness we have been showing you, because you didn't do anything to deserve it. Well, sister Rachel Eileen Watkins, whether you feel you deserve our support and kindness, or not, makes no difference. We are going to continue to support you, love you, and treat you like any other girl in this house. Rach, we all have felt, and still feel that we don't deserve all the love, kindness and trust that our parents are showing us, because before coming here, we were bad ... behinds. So, dear, sister, you may as well know, we all love you and have since the first night you stood freezing out in the cold in that thin dress. I will say this, though. Whenever one of us breaks down, like you just did, we get worried for that girl and hope it doesn't turn in to a permanent nervous breakdown." Connie went over by Naomi and Rachel, and gave Rachel a sisterly hug. "It is eight o'clock and Dr. Garcia wants to see you at nine. After she gives you your physical, and talks to you, tell her what you were feeling when you broke down just a bit ago."

"Naomi, will you stay with me, please? Will you, sis?"

"Rach, I said I would be here to help, and I am here. I am not leaving you until you feel you are you again."

"Naomi, why do people love people like me? I mean, I was a bully, and disrespectful, and I thought I could run everybody else's life. Why do people love people like me?"

"Oh sis, you aren't a bad person. You have shown everyone here, and even the town's people that you are a nice young lady. Even Tom Bradley asked you for a date when we took the trailer back. Sis, you are finding out that inside of you is a decent girl who has waited a lifetime to come out and live."

"But, why...why do...people...people...love...love...me?"

"Because they see in you, the way they were when they first got here. So they show the support they were given then and still get now. After a while, you will be telling a new girl, the same things the girls are telling you now. Rach, I am very proud of the way you conducted yourself when we went to Forest City to pack and move. You did very well.

"A week from Saturday, Tom Bradley is coming to take you out. He saw in you a lovely girl, that he wants to get to know. He doesn't know anything about that other person you were pretending to be. Rach, you have to understand, that that bully that was trying to take over your body, was just a lonely spirit in search of love and understanding, so the world could see the real person hiding inside. You have shown us that person in the decent young lady I am holding in my arms."

"Thank you, sis. I...I am so...so...sor...ry."

"Sorry for what, Rach?"

"I'm...sor..ry...for...up...setting...every...body."

"That's it!" Connie exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "I know exactly what you need, sis, and here comes the tickle monster."

Connie started tickling Rachel, and soon the other girls were joining in. Rachel was laughing so hard, that she had to tell them to stop, or she would pee. The tickling stopped, and the girls all look at Rachel.

"Feel better, sis?"

"Yes, Naomi, thank you for being here for me."

"You are my sister, and sisters stick together." There was a chorus of 'Right On!' from all the girls.

"Naomi, do you think I will ever grow up?"

"Not only have you grown in maturity since you have been here, but you have grown wiser, too. Rach, honey, don't beat yourself up like this, because it only ruins your makeup." Rachel giggled. "There, there is the sister I know. Now, wipe those tears, and let's talk."

"You...you mean...you're...you're not...leav...ing?"

"I told you I would be here to help you through your traumatic times and your therapy programs. I meant what I said, sister of mine. No, I am not leaving, until I know for certain you are okay. You know sis, the temperature outside is a whopping thirteen degrees. But, would you like to take a walk, anyway?"

"Yes, sis, I would like that."

"Then get your coat and boots on."

When Rachel was bundled up nice a warm, She went for a walk with Naomi around the grounds.

"Rach, I want you to know that when you were sad, daddy called me, and told me you were calling for me. Do you remember that?"

"No, I'm sorry, I don't remember."

"Well, anyway, in your frantic state, your mind dialed N for Naomi, and Naomi is here. I am not leaving until after I bring you back tonight. I am taking you, Connie, Sheryl and Brooke to the new house so they can see what we've done with it. The movers haven't come yet, but will probably be here around noon. Rach, I am even going to stay with you while you see this new doctor."

"Naomi, why did you promise to help me?"

"Because, even though I was told to take you and put you in a skirt and blouse, you didn't squawk. Not once. You didn't hesitate when I said strip off the clothes you were wearing and put on the panties, slip, training bra, skirt, socks and shoes. When we went through the 'training' to get you to sit and act like a young lady, you did it without me showing you how. I suspected then that there was a girl inside of you screaming to be let out. When I told you to sit like I had showed you, that was for the judge's benefit.

"Then when I got the call to bring you here, I was very happy, because it would give us a chance to talk. After we turned off of the highway on to the road leading here, and you saw that girl riding the horse, I knew my suspicions were right. You know why they were right? Because you asked if riding a horse was fun, and then you asked if they had horses here. Now, I am going to venture a little guess and say, that even though the judge ordered you to come here and at all times shall act and dress as a girl, you were happy he did that. Weren't you?"

"Yes, sis, I was very happy, because I didn't have to sneak around being me while my dad was out of the house. My mom knew I was up to something, because I would go in my room and block the door. Then I would get changed in to the clothes I should have been brought up wearing. But when the judge changed my name, and told me he was sending me here to see how girls really lived, I was very happy. But, sis, I'm also empty inside, too. I missed being brought as a girl because of my gung-ho dad. If he would have seen the skirts and dresses I had in my room, I wouldn't have been able to sit for a year of Sundays. But now I can be me openly, and the girls accepted me the same night I got here.

"Sometimes, sis, I get a real pain in my tummy, like I want to double over. I get moody and I get very irritable, too. Sometimes, too, when I have this pain, my pants seem tight on me."

"Sis, would you like me in the exam room with you?"

"Yes, please. Help me, sis, help me."

"I am here and here I am going to stay until I know you are all right in your mind, again. Sis, I need to tell you, though, that what you just described to me, sounds an awful lot like menstrual cramps."

"What, you mean, like a girl's period?"

"Yes, sis, that is exactly what I mean. When you see this doctor, I want you to tell her the same thing you just told me. I will be in there with you, so you don't have to worry."

"Does this mean that I could possibly be a real girl?"

"Maybe. We will have to wait and see what the doctor says. She is going to have blood drawn from what I was told. Blood tells doctors quite a bit about a person. The physical she will give you will tell her a lot, too."

"You promise you will be in there with me."

"Yes, sis, I promise."

Chapter 2 - Dr. Juanita Garcia, PhD MD.

It was time for them to head over to see the doctor. Just as they started walking toward the psychiatric building, Sharon came up to them.

"Psychiatric is right over here, Rach. Follow me."

They followed Sharon to psychiatric, and told the nurse why she was there. They were told to have a seat, and the nurse went to get the doctor.

"Rachel Watkins, you may come in now."

"Naomi, please come with me. Please."

"Yes, sis, I am right here with you."

They followed the nurse in to an exam toom, and Rachel was instructed to take off her clothes, and put on the gown that was on the exam table. The nurse reminded her that the gown went on backwards. After Rachel had the gown on, the doctor came in the exam room.

"Hi Rachel, I'm doctor Nita. I'm going to have the nurse come in a draw blood while I listen to your heart and lungs."

The nurse was young, and had a smile that brightened up the whole room.

"Hi Rachel, I'm Teri and I am going to take five vials of blood from your arm. Are you afraid of needles."

"I just won't look." The nurse giggled.

"All right, look at your friend and it will be over before you know it."

The doctor had listened to Rachel's heart and lungs and was now testing her reflexes. She also listened to both sides of Rachel's neck. Teri was finished taking the blood, and went to take it to the lab. Dr. Gracia had called in Teri and a lab tech because she wanted to get Rachel sorted before the new year.

"Well, everything seems to be normal, Rachel. Now, I don't want you to get the idea that I'm getting fresh or anything, but because of your unique circumstances, I need to check you for hernias. Don't worry, I'm not like Dr. Poole."

Dr. Garcia felt under Rachel's gown and told Rachel to cough.

"Well, there are no hernias, for now. Why don't you get dressed, dear, and come in my office. I want to have a talk with you."

"Can Naomi come in with me?"

"Would that make you feel better?"

"Yes."

"Then your friend can come in with you. We are only going to talk, and after the new year, the house will have your therapy schedule posted in the office."

They went in Dr. Garcia's office, and they sat down in these nice comfortable arm chairs you see in the board room of a big corporation. Dr. Garcia sat down and looked at Rachel, as if thinking what to say.

"Rachel, how do you like living here?"

"It's nice. Everybody treats me with respect and I treat them with respect. Dr. this morning I broke down and needed Naomi to help me. I was frightened, I was mixed up, I was just an emotional wreck. Naomi and I finally went for a walk before coming here, and that helped quite a bit. There is something else too, you should know.

"I get these pains in my tummy, like I want to double over, and my jeans seem tighter then, too, like I gained weight. Naomi said I should tell you, because I told her just before coming to see you."

"Would you please come back in the exam room. I want to get an ultra sound of your tummy. What you just told me sounds like menstrual cramps. Tell me, Rachel, when you get these pains, do you become moody and irritable?"

"Yes."

Dr. Garcia looked at Naomi, and Naomi just smiled.

"Dr. I'm a deputy sheriff for Pine Meadows county, and Rachel is my friend. When she told me this outside, I told her to tell you. What are you thinking?"

"I'm not sure. We will wait and see what the ultra sound shows. If that doesn't show anything, I want to get you to the hospital and have an MRI done."

"What is MRI?"

"It means Magnetic Resonant Imaging. It is a large tube that you go in on an exam table, and we take pictures of your body. What CAT scans, ultra sounds and x-rays don't show, the MRI will. The MRI machine sees everything."

"Excuse me, doctor."

"Yes, Teri, what is it?"

"Here is the blood report on Rachel. I think you will find this very interesting."

"Thank you, Teri. Will you please stay until I have finished with this young lady?"

"Yes, doctor."

The doctor looked at the lab readings on Rachel's blood draw. There was an elevated estrogen level, that most females have in their bodies. The doctor looked again at Rachel and saw that Rachel had feminine facial features, carried herself like a genetic girl, and had a high voice.

"Rachel, you are thirteen. Is that correct?"

"Yes, doctor."

"Has your chest been itching a lot lately?"

"Yes."

"Rachel, do you know what an enigma is?"

"No."

"Well, I just encountered one. Let me ask you this. If you could right now, have the surgery to make you physically female, would you want that?"

"Would right now be soon enough?"

"That is what I wanted to hear. I have to go to the department offices in the state capitol, and show them these findings. They may want you at University hospitals and have one of their doctors do the same thing, I did here."

All the while, Rachel and the doctor were talking, a radiology tech was doing the ultra sound.

"There all done, just let me wipe this goo off, and you're ready to go."

"Rachel, after Christmas, I am going to have you sent down to the capitol and have them look at you. There is nothing to be afraid of, and in fact, if what is going on inside of you, is going on, then we have an real enigma on our hands. When I did your physical I didn't notice anything unusual. Not until you told me about the cramps. With what you told me, and this blood report, there is something going on with you. But we will wait until after Christmas."

"Dr. May I speak with you, alone, please?"

"Yes. Rachel would you wait outside in the waiting room for your friend."

"Doctor, is there a possibility that she could intersexed?"

"No, not in the sense we know that term. Did she tell you the same thing she told me?"

"Yes, just before coming in here."

"All right, This can wait until after Christmas. That is only a few days away. But right after Christmas I want her in University hospitals in the capitol. I can order the MRI to be done there, too."

"Is her health in any kind of danger, if you wait?"

"I don't think so, but if there are any drastic changes, you call 911 and then you call me. I will meet the ambulance at the hospital."

"Thank you, doctor, for talking to me. I am very concerned for that young lady. She has had a difficult road to travel."

"You're very welcome. She can go back to the house, or where ever she wants to go. Thank you for coming in here with her."

"No problem, that is what sisters do for each other."

Naomi went out in the waiting room, and told Rachel everything is going to be just fine. Naomi was now looking at Rachel in a different light. With today's revelation, and the enigma of the blood work, Naomi knew her little sister was going to be just fine.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you, Stan.

There a few in there that are very colorful. But in my story there are six of them, three to each table. Thank you for sharing this link.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Rachel seams to be a real girl

Renee_Heart2's picture

Well it looks like Rachel is a real girl after all. When she told Naomi about her pain in her tummy I thaught the same thing as Naomi & the Dr. did. I like this Dr she is kind & has a since of humor & tells the patient EXACTLY what she wants to do & is doing (informed concent I'm an EMT lol) but is kind & explained that she is not like Dr. Pool (the perv) & seams to actualy care about her patients just by how she talks to Rachel she I think will be granted the tile of an honary sister too just by how she cares.

AS for Rachel's break down she is under a lot of stress right now * this apparently was a MAJOR melt down & she asked for her Knight in shining armor her sister Naomi & that is EXactly who she needed at that molment & her other sisters helped calm her down by tickling her but she just needed to really talk to someone besides her sisters at the house I guess she needed someone she trusts completly & knows her & her...situation. All Rachel had to do was dial "N" for Naomi & that she did when she asked "Naomi where are you I need you" & Naomi came code 3 (Full emergency aka lights & siren) Rachel really did need her at that molment & she came when called a TRUE sister "ALL FOR ONE & ONE FOR ALL"!!! Just like the three muskiteers :)

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Blink of an eye

Jamie Lee's picture

Rachel is very confused and it hit her big time, to the point she needed her big sister lickety split. And that's how big sister responded.

Why is she confused? Because her conscience is in conflict with how she'd been treated since coming to the home, she'd been receiving good for the bad she'd done. This created a conflict which overwhelmed her understanding. Hence the emergency call to her big sister. Hence her big sister arriving with sirens blaring. Big sister told Rachel she'd be there any time she was needed. Naomi coming as she did showed just how much she cared for Rachel, and that her word was gold.

That home needs to chain Dr. Garcia to a post in the basement so she doesn't get away. This doctor treated Rachel with kindness and dignity during the examine. She even had the nurse remain in the room during the examine. She's a keeper!

Hmm...strange blood results, Rachel's physical experience similar to what GG'S experience, and the want of Dr. Garcia wanting an MRI? Might it be possible either the doctors misidentified Roger's gender at birth? Or told to misidentified her gender in favor of his gender by a particular macho prick? If that macho prick had a hand in this, then he's solely responsible for this whole mess. If the doctors, then they may not have had reason to expect something strange with Roger.

Regardless of who in the past, the MRI will give more information needed to determine how to better help Rachel.

Others have feelings too.