Sweet Dreams-28...Oh Crap! WTF?

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-28...Oh Crap! WTF?

Chapter 28

The rest of the night is actually really different. I think Alex might have gotten that the doctor thing is scaring me and freaking me out because he keeps close and he slips his arms around me every now and then and we share little nuzzles and kisses.

He surprises me when we don’t retreat to our place but stay in the main house and maybe it’s that the girls are here but we actually stay and Alex digs through some stuff in the hall closet and takes out all these board games.

I’ve seen them before, I’ve played a few of them as a little kid at school and stuff but mostly I’ve never done this before. We dig things out called Sorry, and Trouble, Candyland but also Scrabble and Monopoly.

Adam still not overly friendly abstained right up until I started kicking butt in Scrabble. That’s when he started helping April which was sweet and made Alex take a second look and it was really cute with him leaning over her shoulder and whispering into her ear to help her and her actually surprising him with some good word strategy every now and then and there was some mild flirting between them in that almost fighting way when she tells him all innocently blinking that she actually had to read the odd book or two when she went to Penn state.

It still didn’t stop me from winning. And it got to that point where Adam had taken a seat and April was up and more or less out of the game. I still won.

“Another game?” I asked all Blink, blink, blink.

“How about we play something that we can all play and not just you two well read people.” April says and the others agree. And that’s when Adam nodded and reached into the pile and set down monopoly.

I…there was this intense look there and I couldn’t help but smile at him because it was so on.

Honestly I’ve never had this kind of fun before and it was the perfect almost TV show family like moment but just so good even if Adam and I were like super aggressive playing the game and it did actually go all the way to where he did beat me and I ran out of cash and slowly mortgaging my properties off to keep Adam at bay and Alex got all of us laughing even his dad when he was watching and having another slice of pie this time with cottage cheese on it and a huge glass of milk and he just gestured with his fork saying.

“This game is really out of date Hunter owns the electric company and she’s going broke, what happened to the government bail outs?”

It was a really nice moment and the rest of us actually had more pie once I had lost and headed off to bed.

Oh I so couldn’t sleep with the nerves and the thoughts of what there might be actually going on with me besides being pretty damned positive that I’m transgendered.

I think I slept for three hours and laid there in Alex’s arms until it was time to get up and go to school.

I know I could have begged off going to school but I was going insane with nerves and I didn’t even stay in bed when Alex moved to get up I was up right there with him and already puttering around as soon as I could to get things ready, getting into too much coffee and really fighting with my cravings for a smoke.

Why the fuck did I ever quit smoking?

I’m not just beating eggs for scramble when Alex comes in to the kitchen and hugs me from behind. “I could skip and go with you.”

“No…I’m just scared and being a big wuss.”

“You are not a wuss, not after what you lived through.”

“Yeah but I scared and like you just said after what I’ve been through this is only the Dr.s office.”

“When was the last time you’ve been to a hospital?”

“Never, a free clinic once in a very blue moon.”

“Well there you go. You have a good reason to be scared and nervous?”

“Okay but what if they find out about me and it gets out that I’m not a girl, and people think that you’re gay.”

………………………

There was the sound of a water bottle hitting the floor.

We both looked over and Jennifer is staring at the both of us her face this pale color of just pure shock on her face and then she looks at Alex and then she looks at me and then at Alex and them me again and these great big tears roll and spill out of her eyes and she makes this wet sounding sob and she turns and bolts past Cindy and down the stairs and Alex swears something like “Double-fuck…” and he takes off after her.

Cindy is just looking at me and she picks up the spilled water bottle and she looks at me and she shakes her head kind of almost in sad commiseration. “We make a good pair don’t we.”

“Yeah….” I’m…oh god…oh…I need a drink of something since my mouth has run dry and at the same time I want to hurl…I’d likely hurl if I drank anything right now and I just sort of stare at Cindy at a loss for words. I know she’s got her own thing to deal with and Jennifer’s involved with that too.

She actually looks like a combination of tired and in shock like the rest of us. I took a breath and went back to beating the eggs when I hear Jennifer scream… “BUT SHE’S A FUCKING BOY!”

There is no way that everyone in the house hadn’t heard that.

I’m crying now, trying to beat the eggs and I swear that I can feel everything slipping away from me and the world getting cold and grey around the edges except for the splotches of red that are getting into the eggs.

I hear Cindy’s voice.

“Hunter?”

I’m pretty sure that it’s Cindy’s voice. I turn to look at her and she’s getting up and running to me with a towel and she’s yelling but it sounds like she’s trying to yell at me and I’m just under water.

I’m falling too.

I the lights just go out.

The last thing I hear is Cindy’s voice. “Hunter!”

“SOMEBODY HELP!”

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stress out any?

When things unravel they certainly do it in a big way don't they? Somehow I think Hunter's appointment is going to get moved up. At least I hope so. Adam's reaction to all of this is not going to be good.
hugs
Grover

Thanks Grover!

Things are coming to a head with the nosebleeds as well as other things.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

not typical sugary story

Yeah! a story with some drama in it...

Amy

Oh Crap...

that says it. we knew her medical problems were going to hit at some point, but you triple whammed them there.
next chapter should be intense, please don't keep us hanging too long.
great story as always, thanks

Thanks Lonewolf:)

Things can so easily happen with just one person hearing the wrong thing at the wrong time and...
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

“SOMEBODY HELP!"

Oh wow. and what a way for her to come out of the closet, so to speak. Come on, Hunter, pull through!

DogSig.png

Hunter might need everyone pulling for her...

But yeah, not the best way to get outed.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy:)

Bailey Summers

I hope Jennifer gets a grip

I hope Jennifer gets a grip especially after what Hunters done for her, looks like the cats out of the bag, I hope Hunters okay. I hope Adam takes the news better than Jen. Bailey it's really cruel leaving so many cliff hangers in one chapter. I though this chapter would be Hunters medical damnit it's not fair you shouldn't leave me in suspenders...I mean suspense like this, it's bad for my health.

Did you know it was my birthday yesterday, can I get the chapter now as a belated prezzie?

Big Hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

OMG...

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I'm sure I could say something more eloquent but right now after that cliff hanger all I can think to say is...

*SNIFFLE*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

It's okay....

*HUGS*
Bailey:)

Bailey Summers

OH F Asterisk!

Jebus! You don't pull punches, do you Bailey?! I sorta knew that Hunter would be outed sometime, but I never saw her doing it accidentally, or to the whole household... and a F* Cliffhanger?!
Don't make me come over there... get the next chapter up ASAP!
Big (slightly crushing) Hugs,
Moon

Scrambled Eggs and Brains

Wow, I asked how you were going to shake things up, and this chapter answered that. *grin*

Don't keep us in suspense too long!

But don't rush it so that it lacks your usual high degree of brilliance and real emotional impact.

So I'm unclear. Cindy was right behind Jennifer and heard what Hunter said to Alex too? I'm assuming yes for now. Her comment about making a "good pair" suggests so, also. Cindy and Jennifer are a girl in love with a straight girl, and Hunter and Alex are technically a boy in love with a straight boy (who does love Hunter back, though). At least Cindy doesn't seem freaked out or unfriendly to Hunter upon finding out, which is more understandable if she's a closet lesbian (or at least bisexual) herself. I'm glad she stuck around to see Hunter's freakout and collapse, and get help.

Apart from Hunter's physical health, I think Jennifer and Adam will be the problem. I'm sure April will be surprised but supportive. We saw part of Jennifer's reaction, but Adam will probably freak out with homophobic crap, not just at/about Hunter, but probably falling back into his old control freak self and yelling at Alex too, who will then probably tell him off in an awesome angry speech. That's my take on it, anyway, but Bailey often has his own plans already. *smirk* And they're usually better.

Damn, I love this series. You've got us all hanging off the cliff, waiting for the next part.

*big hugs*
Lisa Dani
Proud Bailey's Angel

What Cindy meant was

about her and Hunter, with Cindy being a lesbian and Hunter being secretly a boy she meant they were a pair in that way...the rest will come.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Looks can be deceiving

Jamie Lee's picture

Jen made a snap decision based on first appearances, as many often do. She never stopped to think there might be more to the story, Hunter has what appears to be a penis so she MUST be a boy. This also shows she has no medical knowledge of abnormalities which can be present on some people. No, she lost Alex to, a boy. End of story or all the information she wants.

Being in a drug atmosphere, getting the crap beat out of her any time, and eating food meant for dogs, Hunter has some type of medical issue which is steadily getting worse, judging by the increase in nose bleeds. And because her nose is really bleeding and she passed out, there will be a mad dash to the hospital ER.

Others have feelings too.

And the other shoe

drops depend on how it works this could be a good thing.

And there it is

the shoe that I knew was going to drop. But in your wonderful way Bailey, in a way that I truly did not expect.