To Make A Wish Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Twelve

    Sara and Sheana made a big fuss over Jenna on the Monday morning due to not spending much time playing with her over the weekend, or the last couple of weeks. Jenna had joined in the fun of the slumber party on the Friday night, but had fallen asleep early on the Saturday, so Sara had taken her up to bed where Prue joined her a little later. Sheana got all excited as she told Jenna about the disguise Samantha and Hypatia had made for her. Jenna wanted to see it, so Sheana transformed into her black witch disguise right in the middle of the kitchen.

     “Wow! You’s looks just like Sara does.” Jenna said after watching Sheana do the change.

     “Except I don’t have to wear them killer high heels.” Sheana said in her sexy new grownup sounding voice.

     “I see you boths side by sides please?” Jenna asked, meaning she wanted to see Sara as the slayer stood next to Sheana’s new look black witch.

    Not wanting to leave for school with a sad little girl left behind, Sara was soon stood next to Sheana as the slayer in all her red glory. “Do we make a bad ass looking pair or what?” Sara asked in her grownup voice.

     “Yes you do’s.” Jenna giggled as she clapped her hands together in excitement. “I wants a costume as wells, do you finks Sammi make me one’s?” Jenna asked.

     “Maybe when you’re a little older Jen bear, but for right now I think you should focus on being a kid and having fun with your friends.” Sara said in her normal voice after changing back into her normal looking self and her school uniform.

    Sheana had done the same and set about grabbing the cereal off the side and sorting out three bowls. Prue arrived in the kitchen with Sandy looking nervous walking beside her.

     “You all set for your first day at work then sis?” Sara asked Sandy.

     “Not really baby sister, but I’m just hoping that Samantha will go easy on me, given that it is my first day working for her.” Sandy said sounding even more nervous than she looked.

    Prue set to work making Sandy some toast and then she made her take a seat and eat it before letting her leave the house. Mum had already left for work early, but all the others gave Sandy a hug and waved her off at the door before going back in to finish getting ready for school in Sara and Sheana’s case, and Prue set to work doing the dishes with some help from Jenna washing while Prue dried.

    Sara and Sheana both gave Jenna and Prue a hug before leaving the house and making their way to the end of their road where they hoped the meet up with Jo and Mike.

    Jo and Mike were waiting when they got there, Jo looked a little unhappy about something.

     “What’s wrong Jo?” Sara asked after she gave him a kiss as her normal morning greeting. “Don’t tell me you miss being Josie.” Sara whispered as she looked up into his eyes.

     “No, but I did have a wonderful time doing things with you as her.” Jo said with a smile. “My mum and dad blew their tops when they found out about me fighting in school, so I’ve been grounded for the week as well as being stuck in detention all week as well.” Jo let out a sigh as he wrapped an arm around Sara and started walking towards school.

     “What does grounded mean in terms of what you can and can’t do?” Sara asked as they walked.

     “Straight home after school, I have to do the dishes after dinner, and then I spend the rest of the night up in my room thinking about not fighting in school, or out of it.” Jo said as they walked along.

     “Will your parents be checking on you if they know that you haven’t left your room?” Sara asked with a grin as a plan started to form in her mind.

     “They never have in the past when I’ve been grounded and sent to my room. I can’t see why they’d start now. I keep the door closed and locked to keep the brat out.” Jo explained. “Why the sudden interest in my punishment?” Jo asked with a puzzled look when he saw the smirk Sara now had.

     “You do remember that my sister has a very special gift for magic.” Sara said with a grin.

    Jo started to grin as well when he realised that Sheana could blink him from his room to Sara’s house and then blink him back later in the night without his parents ever knowing he left the house. “That’s a brilliant idea Sara!” Jo burst out once he realised that being grounded for a week wasn’t going to be as bad as he first thought.

     “Thanks, but you shouldn’t let the blonde hair fool you. I do have the odd good idea.” Sara said pretending to look hurt for a couple of seconds before she started to giggle. “I’m going to get Sheana to take the removal spell off the ring, so you can practice being Josie in your room at home as well.” Sara added.

     “Why do I need to practice being Josie?”

     “So it’s natural for you to have breasts and an ass when we start work at the cafe silly” Sara pointed out. “We also need to sort out a look for you and Michelle to have when you have to play a married couple. Being grounded and stuck in your room all week could cause us some problems, and we can’t talk about it at school.” Sara added with a frown when she thought about the MIB’s having the school bugged.

     “Will Sheana be removing the hour delay on the ring removal as well? I’d hate for my parents to knock on the door and me not be able to answer them, or let them into the room.” Jo explained his worries over Sara’s plan for him to practice being Josie at home where his parents and brat of a sister were close by.

     “Maybe charming a new ring that will also change his clothes to that of a girl would be the better way to go about doing this sis.” Sheana said from just behind, having heard what Sara had planned. “I will remove the spell that blocks Jo from removing the other ring, but this new ring will mean he will change back to a male with male clothes in seconds.” Sheana explained the reason for her charming another ring for him to use when becoming Josie.

     “That’s an even better idea sis.” Sara smiled.

     “You’re not the only smart blonde around.” Sheana giggled.

     “I know that sis. You’re a lot older and wiser than I am, even if you don’t look a day over fourteen.” Sara said with a wink.

    Sheana just giggled some more as they kept walking to school. Sara and Sheana filled Jo and Mike in on the new look Sheana had now to match the one Sara had except in black. Jo and Mike wanted to see it, but Sara and Sheana pointed out that transforming in broad daylight would kind of defeat the object of the disguise in the first place. Sheana promised to show them the disguise tonight back at home in the safety of hers and Sara’s bedroom.

    They were soon entering the school grounds and they could see repair men milling around still, so they knew that the MIB’s were still looking for them, or the source of the magic and whatever they thought Sara was.

    Sara used her mind link to connect with the others so they could chat but not be overheard by anyone else. “Do you think they’ll ever get bored and give up?” Sara thought to the others.

     “After watching you take down that Krennan demon the other night, I doubt they will ever stop looking for you or Sheana.” Jo thought back.

     “Jo could be right Sara. The MIB’s will stop at nothing to own the power you have.” Mike thought to the rest of the group, or more to the point Michelle thought to the rest of the group as it was her voice talking in the mind link, not Mike. “Just think if they could create an army that was as strong as you Sara.” Michelle added with worry in her voice, even if it was only her minds voice saying it.

     “There is no way for them to harness the power Sara has.” Sheana pointed out. She then went on to explain the same reason she explained to Prue about the protection spell she’d added when she granted Sara’s wish as a genie.

     “Sadly the MIB’s don’t know any of that, and I doubt it would stop them giving it a bloody good go if they did.” Jo pointed out.

     “I don’t plan on letting them find out what I am, or how I came to have my special gifts either.” Sara thought to the others. “But it’s nice to know that they won’t be making any super solders from my blood if they ever got hold of any.” Sara added with some relief in her voice.

    The four of them had walked into the main school building as they had their private chat, so Sara closed the link and they all started talking about normal stuff the other kids were all talking about as they made their way to Sara and Sheana’s classroom.

    Jo and Mike hung around with the girls until the bell rang warning all the students that they needed to get to their homeroom right away. “Mike and I will meet up with you outside the dining room at lunchtime if we don’t get to see you before then.” Jo said as he gave Sara a quick hug and a peck on the lips before he turned to leave. Mike had done the same with Sheana before running to catch up with Jo so they could get to their own classroom.

    Sara and Sheana watched the two boys run off down the hallway until they got shouted at by a teacher to stop running, then they settled for a fast walk until the teacher walked around a corner, then the two boys were running off down the hallway again. Both girls let out a sigh as they turned and walked into their classroom and found their seats.

     “Hi Kimmie.” Sara said as she sat down and looked over at Kimmie sat at the desk next to Sheana. “Are you feeling okay? You don’t look so good Kimmie.” Sara said with a worried look when she saw that Kimmie had bloodshot eyes and was snuffling like she had a really bad cold.

     “I’ll be okay Sara.” Kimmie said with a snuffle. “I just caught a stupid cold off my nephew over the weekend.” Kimmie added just before she had to blow her nose into a tissue.

     “What is the difference between a stupid cold and a normal cold?” Sheana asked, not understanding what Kimmie meant by her comment.

    Kimmie made a funny sound like she was trying to laugh, but it soon became a coughing fit that almost made her pass out from not being able to get enough air into her lungs. “Please don’t make me laugh Sheana, it could kill me with how I feel right now.” Kimmie said with more snuffling.

     “Why didn’t you just take a couple of days off if you feel that bad Kimmie?” Sara asked looking even more worried for the girl now.

     “I would have, but I have a maths test today, and if I don’t take it, I will lose some of my grades because of it.” Kimmie explained between snuffles and blowing her nose again.

     “That sucks Kimmie.” Sara said with pity for the ill girl.

     “No it blows.” Kimmie replied just before she had to blow her nose again, and also made a strange sound that Sara took to be a giggle of some sort.

    Sara understood that Kimmie was trying to make a joke out of her need to keep blowing her nose. Sara was glad she could still laugh about being ill, but Sara also thought it was foolish for her to try coming to school looking as ill as she did. The teacher arrived just then, so Sara didn’t have time to say anymore, not that she could think of anything to say that would make Kimmie feel any better. Sara thought about linking with Sheana to see if she could do anything to help make Kimmie feel better, but then she thought that people get colds all the time, and she was sure Kimmie would get over hers like everyone else did in the end.

    The teacher took registration and then sent the kids off to their first lesson of the day. The first lesson went fine, but Sheana could feel a scratchy feeling starting in her throat. Both Sara and Sheana always had a bottle of water in their school bags, so as they went from their first class to their second, Sheana took a couple of sips from her water bottle hoping to get rid of the scratchy feeling. It seemed to work a little bit, but Sheana could now feel a tingling in her nose like she was about to sneeze, but it wouldn’t come.

    Sara noticed that something was wrong with Sheana when they were swopping their books at their lockers between mid morning lessons. “What’s wrong sis? You’re not looking to hot right now.” Sara said as she could see dark rings forming around Sheana’s eyes like she was getting sick.

     “I can assure you sis that I am feeling very hot right now.” Sheana said as she could feel the sweat forming on her forehead. Sheana was just about to speak again when she felt the sudden urge to sneeze. Sheana cupped her hand over her mouth and nose as she let out the sneeze and turned away from Sara and towards the lockers so as not to sneeze on anyone else.

    Sara watched in amazement as Sheana sneezed and a blue ball of light shoot out and hit the lockers with a flash of light. The next thing Sara saw was all the locker doors burst open in a strange form of a Mexican wave as they all shot open as the bolt of magic rippled down the hallway. Sara was worried about the MIB’s seeing what just happened and where it came from, but she was more worried about the state of her sister.

     “What’s wrong with me sis?” Sheana asked with a snuffle just like Kimmie had sounded in homeroom first thing. “I don’t feel well at all sis, and I can’t control my magic when I sneeze.” Sheana added in a whisper, not that it would have made any difference at the minute if she shouted it. All the kids in the hallway were screaming and looking around as they tried to work out what happened to all the locker doors.

    Sara had to hide a giggle when she saw that a couple of the other kids had been stood a little too close to the locker doors when they shot open, and they were now stood rubbing their heads where the doors had hit them.

     “I think we need to get you some place safe, and away from any place the MIB’s can see you sis.” Sara thought to Sheana, not wanting to risk saying to much out loud where they could be overheard by anyone. Sheana just looked at Sara and nodded her head up and down in agreement.

     “I’m going to try linking with Hypatia to see if she has any ideas about what we should do.” Sara thought to Sheana again just before she reached out to inform Jo and Mike about the problem with the lockers and the fact that Sheana had caught a cold from Kimmie that was upsetting her magic. “Jo, Mike? Can you hear me?” Sara thought as she reached out to the two boy’s minds.

     “Sara? Did you and Sheana have anything to do with all the locker doors suddenly bursting open just now?” Jo’s voice asked.

     “Yes it was Sheana sneezing that did it.” Sara thought back to them.

     “Is Sheana okay?” A worried sounding Michelle asked. Sara was finding it weird to hear Mike’s female self talking to her, but if that was who Mike really was, then it was only natural for her to sound that way in her mind.

     “I’m not sure at the minute, but I’m going to contact Hypatia and see if we can go to the mansion until she’s over the worst of it.” Sara told the boy’s her plan. “I dread to think what will be caught on film if Sheana stays here for the rest of the day.” Sara added.

     “Make the call, or mind link thingy.” Michelle blurted out in an almost panicked sounding voice. “You know what I mean Sara, just keep her safe please.” Michelle added in a pleading voice full of worry.

     “Okay I’m doing it now. I’ll contact you later when I have some more info to tell you.” Sara thought to them just before she broke the link and then focused on contacting Hypatia.

    Sara soon found herself stood in front of the large wall again, but she took her time to find the large wooden doors again, but this time she knocked on them just before she saw a sign with a button beneath it. The sign had the words ‘For the slayers use only’ written on it. Sara reached out with her mind and imagined pushing the button, she heard a ringing bell sound and then the large wooden doors opened and she found Hypatia stood on the other side smiling at her.

     “Hello dear, I see you found the doorbell this time.” Hypatia said with a grin as she moved aside to let Sara enter her mind. “I thought you’d be in classes at school by now? I hope all is well?” Hypatia asked as she formed the image of the garden and the table and chairs they had all sat on to eat their lunch on Saturday.

     “I need your help Hypatia.” Sara said with some panic in her voice. “Sheana has caught a cold from a fellow student, and now she’s lost all control over her magic. She’s just sneezed in the hallway at school and she managed to blow open all the locker doors in the process.” Sara explained.

     “That is a serious problem Sara. Can you find a quiet spot and get Sheana to blink the two of you here to the mansion?” Hypatia asked looking more worried now she knew the seriousness of the problem facing Sara and Sheana should the MIB’s see anything.

    Sara linked with Sheana and pulled her into the chat. Sheana looked puzzled for a couple of seconds until she saw Hypatia sat on the other side of the table smiling at her. “Hypatia wants to know if you’re able to blink us to the mansion sis?” Sara asked her ill looking sister.

     “I dare not risk it Sara. I could blink us to the other side of the planet, or even off into space.” Sheana warned.

     “I think we better skip trying that then.” Sara said looking scared now.

     “I’ll contact Sammi and Sandy, and get them to come to the school and pick the two of you up and bring you here so I can help heal you Sheana.” Hypatia said as she moved around the table without ever getting out her chair. She put a hand to Sheana’s heated brow and let a red glow leave her hand and enter Sheana’s head. Sara could feel the energy flowing through her into her sister and making her feel a little better.

     “What did you just do Hypatia?” Sara asked.

     “I gave Sheana some of my energy to help her keep the magic under control a little better.” Hypatia explained.

     “Can I do that for her as well?” Sara asked looking hopeful.

     “I can’t see why not Sara. Just focus on your inner power and then push some of it towards Sheana.” Hypatia explained the process to Sara.

    Sara used her mind power to look within herself and find her power, and then she formed a stronger link with Sheana and shared some of her power with her.

     “I can feel it working sis.” Sheana said in a much perkier sounding voice. “I feel like I have some control back.” Sheana added feeling much better for the time being, but not knowing how long Sara would be able to keep up sharing her power with Sheana.

     “You’ll only need to help Sheana until Sammi and Sandy arrive, Sara. Sammi will give Sheana a crystal to hold.” Hypatia said.

     “What will that help do?” Sara asked not understanding anything about magic, and realising she needed to learn if she was going to help Sheana in the future if she had problems like this.

     “The crystal will absorb the magic as my body throws it out.” Sheana explained. “It will help to stop me doing what happened to the lockers just now.” Sheana added.

     “Sammi and Sandy are on their way as we speak Sara, so get to the front office and let them know that you and Sheana will be going home due to your sister being too ill to remain in school.” Hypatia told them.

     “You’ve already spoke with Samantha and Sandy? But I never saw you leave or do anything.” Sara said with a look of amazement on her face at just how much she needed to learn from Hypatia. “What if the front office won’t let me and Sheana leave school?” Sara asked sounding worried all of a sudden.

     “Then you compel them to let you leave.” Hypatia said in such a way as Sara should already know the answer to her question.

     “I can only make people tell the truth. I’ve never made anyone do as I tell them.”

     “What do you think you’re doing when you make them tell the truth my child?” Hypatia pointed out.

    Sara went to argue with her, but suddenly realised that she had a point, she was compelling people to tell the truth when she linked minds with them, so she should be able to make them do as she wants in other ways as well. “I’ve never tried to do anything like what you’re asking though.” Sara ended up saying as she worried about whether or not she’d be able to compel the person in the front office to let her and Sheana leave.

     “I will remain linked with you Sara until you’ve been to the front office, but you need to have more faith in you own ability.” Hypatia said with more faith in Sara than she had in herself.

    Sara loosened her link with Hypatia and could feel her still there in the back of her mind, just like the night she fought with the Krennan demon. Sara put an arm around Sheana’s waist and helped her walk to the front office so they could get out of school and wait for Samantha and Sandy to come pick them up.

    The hallway was in chaos as the two girls walked down it. There were teachers trying to get the other students under control and some other students holding their heads where they got hit with a locker door flying open on them when Sheana sneezed.

     “I hope we can get you away from school and the MIB’s cameras before you feel the need to sneeze again sis.” Sara thought to Sheana.

     “I feel that I can control my sneezes better, now I have your power helping me sister.” Sheana thought back with a smile in her voice.

     “I hope you’re right sis, or we could be fighting our way off school grounds, and I don’t think you’ve got the power left to fight your way out of a wet paper bag.” Sara thought with a giggle.

     “I think even in my current state of unwell I’d be able to escape such a silly means of detaining me.” Sheana said not understanding the full meaning of what Sara was trying to say.

     “It’s just a figure of speech that means you’re not up to fighting anyone, or anything in our case.” Sara pointed out with another giggle.

     “If it came to us fighting our way off school grounds Sara, then I would use the new Witch armour to channel the power into the crystals on the suit.” Sheana pointed out her plan for such an attack from the MIB’s.

     “Are you sure you would be able to keep control of the power once it was in the crystals?” Sara asked with worry in her voice.

     “I would refrain from trying such a thing in your current state Sheana.” Hypatia warned. “If you lost control at that point, the power release would be like an atom bomb going off.” Hypatia added with worry in her voice now.

     “I take it an atom bomb is a very large weapon of mass destruction?” Sheana asked.

     “Yes, very big.” Sara said as she formed an image from an old film she’d seen where they showed what would happen when such a bomb was used. “See what we mean now sis?” Sara asked after letting Sheana see it for herself.

     “I think it best if I don’t use the witch armour then in that case.” Sheana thought with a gulp.

    Sara and Sheana had made it to the front office while they talked in the mind link with Hypatia, so Sara helped Sheana up to the counter where the woman behind the counter could see for herself that Sheana wasn’t well.

     “I need a permission slip for me and my sister to leave school grounds, so I can take her home and put her to bed. She’s not feeling well.” Sara said as she looked at the woman.

     “I’m not sure she needs to go home.” The woman said as she looked at Sheana for any sign that it was a faked illness. “I think you should take her to see the nurse and let her decide if she needs to go home.” The woman added as she turned to carry on sorting out the paperwork she’d been doing when Sara and Sheana walked into the office.

     “I said we need release slips now!” Sara said more forcefully as she reached out with her mind and linked with the woman’s mind this time.

     “Yes right away.” The woman said as she set to work getting two copies of the permission forms and she started filling them in. “I hope you both feel better soon.” The woman added as she handed over the completed forms and then went back to doing her paperwork like the two girls had never been in the room.

     “That was very well done my child.” Hypatia said in Sara’s mind. “Not even a vampire can compel another being without making eye contact.” Hypatia added with pride in her voice.

     “I didn’t like doing that to her Hypatia. It felt wrong to compel her to help us.” Sara said with some anger in her voice.

     “I know it’s not a nice thing to do Sara, but sometimes you just have to do things like that for the greater good.” Hypatia pointed out as Sheana and Sara made their way out of the main building to wait for Sandy and Samantha to arrive in the car park to pick them up.

    Sara was glad to see her mums old BMW pull in through the main gates of the school with Sandy and Samantha sat in the front looking worried. Sara opened the back door and then helped Sheana to get in before running around to the other side and getting in herself. Samantha was just placing a pure white crystal in Sheana’s hand when Sara got in the other side of the car.

     “Will that help her control the magic better when she sneezes?” Sara asked as Sandy turned the car around in the car park and took off away from school.

     “We’re about to find out.” Sheana warned as she felt another sneeze on its way.

    Sara and Samantha watched Sheana with worried looks on their faces as they saw her getting ready to sneeze. They both flinched when she finally sneezed; they saw a bolt of magic power flow down Sheana’s arm and enter the crystal that was now glowing a faint blue.

     “It looks like its working.” Sara said when she realised the car hadn’t blown up, or lost its doors like the lockers at school.

     “Yes it did, but this crystal will only take one more sneeze before it’s full.” Sheana pointed out. “I hope you have more of them?” She asked as she looked at Samantha.

     “I have one more on me, and many more back at the mansion.” Samantha said as she looked at Sandy to get a move on. Sandy must have understood because she speeded up, but still kept it to just the right side of the speed limit until they got out on the open road where there was less chance of them finding a police car.

*****

    The Commander was sat at his desk watching the footage from the other night again, trying to pick up any clue as to who this woman was with all the new powers. He’d lost count of the number of times he’d replayed the footage from his men’s helmet cams, but she was still a mystery to him and his team. The Commander was just about to play it again when all hell broke loose as alarms started going off. He was on his feet and out his office in a flash, as he made his way to the command centre to find out what had happened.

     “Speak to me people! Do we have a breakout in one of the cell blocks?” The Commander asked as he entered the room full of monitors.

     “No sir. We’ve just had a major power spike at the school. It took out all the cameras and caused a feed back that took out the main power here at the command centre. We’re running on backup power only at the minute.” One of the men said as he tried to get main power back online.

     “What kind of power spike are we talking about?” The Commander asked as he knew the system was shielded again an electrical power surge, and also magic.

     “It was a magic surge sir.” Another man said between pushing buttons and checking some readout’s he had on his screen.

     “That’s not possible.” The Commander snapped. “We’re protected against that sort of attack.” He added as he ran over to check the readout himself.

     “This power spike was off the scale sir. There was no way to protect against it.” The man explained as he showed The Commander his data.

     “Please tell me you got footage of what caused it?” The Commander asked as he looked excitedly at the monitors for any footage that showed him the source.

     “I’m sorry sir, but the power spike totalled the hard drives. All we have are the kids walking between lessons just before the feed was lost.” The man said looking worried. He knew the commander didn’t like to hear bad news.

     “Why would a witch release that amount of magic in one go?” The Commander asked himself more than anyone else in the room. “Track the students and teachers leaving the school ground.” The Commander ordered.

     “That won’t be easy sir. The spike also managed to blow open all the locker doors, causing a number of injuries and the headmaster has decided to send everyone home while he gets the school cleaned up, and checked out to see what caused the blast.” The man told him.

     “So we have nothing then?” The Commander asked, not looking very happy at all. “Except that they know how to cripple us, that’s if this was an attack in the first place.” The Commander added as he looked to be deep in thought again.

     “It seems a bit overboard to attack us with such force sir, and the witch casting the spell must have killed herself doing it surely.” One of the other men said as he tried to restore main power again.

     “Not if it was the witch we saw helping this Slayer.” The Commander pointed out. “That witch could do this and still live.” He added with a growl as he clenched his fist and banged it down on the table.

     “What are your orders sir?” The men asked.

     “We triple our efforts and track down this slayer and her witch friend.” The commander growled.

     “And when we find them sir?” One of the men asked looking worried. He’d seen just how easily this slayer had taken down a Krennan demon, and he already knew that she was able to shake off a stun gun and dart before attacking two of their highly trained team of soldiers.

     “We capture them and find out what makes them so powerful, and use it to help us make our own slayer.” The Commander said, sounding a little like a mad man as he said it. “This could finally give us the upper hand in the war against these demons.” He added with a grin. “Get me more teams at the school, and also find a way to stop this from happening again.” The Commander said just before he turned and left the room.

    The men in the room all looked at each other for a couple of seconds before they got back to work on fixing the system. None of the men had a clue on how to even start tracking this Slayer and her witch down, never mind trying to trap and catch them. They decided to tackle one problem at a time, and right now that problem was getting the command centre back up and running.

    Karl, The Commanders right hand man was just about to enter the command centre as he was leaving. “What’s happened Sir?” Karl asked.

    The Commander explained what had happened as Karl walked back to the commanders office with him. Karl looked just as worried as the rest of the men when he found out that a witch had managed to take out their feed into the school.

     “I want you to put a team together and go to the school. I want you to track down point zero for me, and then we can try to recover the lost footage and finally track down the witch and the slayer.” The commander explained his plan to Karl. “The headmasters sent all the kids home, and he’s calling in some people to track down the source of the problem. I’ll block that and send you in instead.” The Commander added as he picked up the phone and made a call.

    Karl took this as a sign the conversation was over, so he left to go and get his team ready to go to the school and make a start on finding this witch and her slayer friend.


*****

    Sheana had filled the second crystal by the time Sandy pulled in through the gates at Hypatia’s mansion, so Samantha was quick to get out the car and run into the house to retrieve a couple more before Sheana felt the need to sneeze again.

    Samantha was soon back with another couple of crystal’s, and just in time for Sheana to sneeze again, making the new pure white crystal in her hand start to glow a faint blue.

     “That was a close one.” Sandy said looking worried. “Not that there’s much to damage out here.” Sandy added as she looked around the vast gravel drive outside the mansion.

     “Only your new car sis.” Sara pointed out as she helped Sheana make her way towards the mansion where Hypatia was just making her way out the front door.

    Sandy suddenly looked more worried and was quickly helping Sara get Sheana away from her new baby.

     “A person could think you care more for your new car than you do your sister’s well being.” Sara said as the two of them helped Sheana make her way towards Hypatia.

     “You know that’s not true Sara.” Sandy said in a hurt tone. “It’s just that mum would never let me hear the last of it if I let anything happen to her old car.” She added with a whine.

     “Looking at the way you drive sis, maybe I should get Sheana to put a protection spell on the car for you.” Sara giggled.

     “I was only driving like that so I could get here as fast as possible.” Sandy smirked. “I can’t help it if the beamer is a hell of a lot quicker than my old car.” Sandy added with a grin just before she started giggling.

    Sara wasn’t happy with Sheana’s slow pace, so she quickly scooped her up in her arms and started running towards the house and Hypatia.

     “I have a room prepared for you my poor child.” Hypatia said as she started running beside Sara as she carried her sick sister. Hypatia was soon running just in front as she led the way to the room she was talking about.

    Sara wasn’t sure what to expect, but she was still blown away when she found herself in a lavish looking bedroom with a large four poster bed in the middle of the room. The bed posts were pure white crystal, just like the small ones Samantha had been using to drain off the magic when Sheana sneezed. Sara also noticed an intricate design drawn onto the floor around the bed, and there were lots of candles spread out around it as well.

     “Will all this help make my sister better Hypatia?” Sara asked as she placed Sheana on the bed and then sat down on the bed herself so she could keep hold of Sheana and share her power with her.

     “Sheana is already well on her way to being well again Sara. This is all to stop her magic flaring out and doing more damage.” Hypatia said with a smile as she sat on the other side of the bed to what Sara was sat.

     “Why was Sheana affected by the cold, but not me?” Sara asked with a puzzled look.

     “You’ve had countless colds in your life my dear. Sheana has never been exposed to them before now, so it’s only natural for her to suffer when she does.” Hypatia pointed out the simple truth. “Once you are well enough Sheana, I have an appointment set up with a good doctor friend of mine. She will give you some shots to help you fight off any future bugs you may encounter.” Hypatia added as she put her hand to Sheana’s forehead and let a red glow of energy flow into Sheana’s body. Sheana lat out a contented sigh just before her eyes closed and she was fast asleep.

     “Sheana!” Sara shouted looking worried. “What did you just do to her?” Sara asked looking up at Hypatia with tears in her eyes.

     “I simply did this.” Hypatia said as she touched her hand to Sara’s head just before Sara slumped on the bed across Sheana’s sleeping form. “You both need to rest up my child.” Hypatia said to the now sleeping form of Sara as she pulled back the covers and then lifted both girls into it before tucking them in and then taking a seat next to the bed so she could keep an eye on them as they rested.

    Sandy ran into the room and saw Sara in bed asleep next to Sheana and she panicked, thinkiing that Sara had suddenly come down with the cold as well. “Oh God! Not Sara as well.” Sandy said as she ran over to the bed.

     “They will both be fine in a couple of hours Sandy. I just forced Sara to rest as well as Sheana.” Hypatia said in a calm voice. “Sara was forcing all her power into Sheana trying to heal her, so I thought a couple of hours sleep would do her some good.” Hypatia explained.

     “Will they both be okay when they wake?” Sandy asked as she looked at her two younger sisters sleeping in the large bed with the blue glowing crystal posts on each corner.

     “Yes, but as I was telling Sara just before I forced her to take a little nap. I’ve set up an appointment for Sheana to see a doctor friend of mine, so we can get her immunes up to date.” Hypatia explained to a worried looking Sandy now sat on the edge of the bed holding a sleeping Sara’s hand in hers.

     “Thank you Hypatia, thank you for everything you’re doing for us.” Sandy said as a tear ran down her cheek.

     “You wonder why a demon would want to help you like I do.” Hypatia asked with a smile.

     “I was wondering why you are helping us like you are, but I never thought of you as a demon Hypatia.” Sandy said looking offended at being accused of such a thing. “I have one sister that’s a slayer, the other is a witch. My best friend is a vampire, and my boss is a... I have no idea what Samantha is.” Sandy added with a giggle.

     “It pleases me to hear you say that Sandy. I so hate it when people label others before they get to know them.” Hypatia smiled.

     “I’ve seen normal people like me do the most hideous things Hypatia, but people still call them human, so why should I look at you or any other of your line any differently?” Sandy asked looking hopeful that she’d explained herself well enough not to upset Hypatia.

    Hypatia was just about to speak when there was a sudden sound of music playing. Hypatia looked puzzled for a second or two, but Sandy knew it to be Sara’s ringtone on her mobile, so she grabbed Sara’s school bag and quickly had it in her hand. Seeing it was Mike calling she answered it.

     “Hi Mike, its Sandy speaking. Sara’s resting with Sheana right now, but I will pass on a message when they wake up.” Sandy said trying to sound more upbeat than she felt.

     “Hi Sandy. Are they both doing okay?” A worried sounding Mike asked back down the phone.

     “Yes, but Sara left herself a little weak after giving Sheana so much of her own energy trying to get her here to Hypatia’s place in one piece.” Sandy explained. “What’s happening back at the school?” Sandy asked hoping to find out if the MIB’s might have seen what happened and who caused it.

     “The headmaster’s sent us all home, he’s worried it might have been a gas leak.” Mike explained. “Jo and I are heading over to my place so I can log on and check to see what the MIB’s are up to.” Mike added.

     “Be careful not to get caught, and let me know what you find out.” Sandy said with some worry in her voice. She knew that every time Mike logged onto the MIB network, he was taking a big risk and she worried about him and Jo, and what Sara would do if the MIB’s did anything to hurt either of them.

     “You don’t need to worry Sandy. I’m just going to listen to their chatter.” Mike reassured her. “We’ll speak to you later, bye.” Mike said just before ending the call.

     “Jo and Mike have been sent home with the rest of the school, so they’re going over to Mike’s place to see what the MIB’s thought of what happened at the school and then get back to us.” Sandy explained to Hypatia.

     “I’ll feel much safer when I have the system set up in the basement of the cafe.” Samantha said from just behind Sandy. “We’ll have more safe guards in place to protect us from being found on the network.” She added looking worried.

     “Mike, or Michelle as I believe she likes to be called, seems to have a good head on her shoulders.” Hypatia said as she stood up and walked over to Samantha and wrapped her arms around her waist. “I’m sure she’ll be fine keeping an eye on them until you’ve had time to put your new toys into play.” Hypatia said in a soothing voice just before she leaned in and kissed Samantha on the lips.

    Sandy decided to focus on Sara and Sheana sleeping, so it didn’t look like she was watching the two of them kiss. Sandy wasn’t use to watching two women kiss like that, she wasn’t use to seeing anyone kiss like that.

    With Sandy keeping an eye on Sheana and Sara, Hypatia went with Samantha to sort out something to help Sheana get over her cold, and also something for them all to have for lunch themselves.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

great chapter

Wow Sara i love this chapter the Mib's have no idea who they are messing with and i cant wait till next tuesday for the next installment

No Nyquil?

Wow, talk about getting hit with a cold! Maybe if I had shot out blue glowing balls of light when I sneezed my boss would have let me off sick more often, being as I worked around paper products all day!

Glad you are keeping up with this! Is it next Tuesday yet????


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Already written.....

Thank you (on behalf of Sara) Karen for the is it next Tuesday yet but this chapter was written before Sara's WB kicked in.

I have two more chapters of TMAW ready for posting (that were also written pre WB), These will be posted 31/01/2012 & 07/02/2012.

Hopefully Fingers crossed Sara may have got her Mojo back by then :)

Huggles
Sammi (The Editor (Now making my posts in Opera))

P.S. I have 13 more chapters of YHIAW4 ready for you yet, Now the site has settled down since Erin & Crew did the wonderful upgrade that will be posted weekly on Fridays again from this Friday :)

Speaking of YHIAW

This whole WB situation is almost a real life parody of it. To my knowledge ( though I have not looked at all the comments ) nobody here wants to disrupt Sara's free-spirited writing. I am pulling for her to get past her WB especially.

Kim

To Make A Wish (New Chapter) Chapter 12

Wondering what would happen if the M.I.B. were to acquire one of those crystals.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Great chapter, it's good Sara

Great chapter, it's good Sara was able to help Sheana control her power long enough to get to Tia's. It doesn't bare thinking about what Sheana could have accidentally done without help.

Damn MIB dont seem to learn that some things should be left well and truly alone. In fact the saying "Never wake a sleeping dragon" spring to mind. Granted Sara's not a dragon but Tia is.

Wonder if Tia will try to change the commanders mind whilst he dreams.

I noticed Sandy didn't look at Tia and Sammie snogging, does this mean there's no hope for her and Prue ever becoming more? Both have been screwed up by love, I was kind of hoping they'd hit it off and fall for each other.

Shame Jo got into trouble for fighting, lets just hope his detention doesn't lead the Commander to him and the Sara.

Looking forward to more of this great story, thanks dor sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

A nice solid chapter

The chapter reminds me a bit of an old US telly series called 'Bewitched' when Samantha comes down with a magical cold. The sneezing lead her to perform wild magic. But not on this level 8)

Sheana is rather dangerous isn't she? :)

I am glad Jo has learned his lesson and is being a good partner now.

Kim