My Super Secret Life-18.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life-18.

Chapter 18

*Shane/Kai-Lin…..

I’m still not sure why I’m befriending someone that I would have hated in my old life. But I am. I sit with Kyle and I hold him when he cries and hold him later when he’s starting to shiver.

I’m a bit worried, his chi is a mess.

I can feel it’s like his energy pathways or for a lack of a better word for it his chakra net work is shorting out some of the time and moving to areas where the concentrations shouldn’t be gathering.

About 2AM his body heat wakes me up because he’s that warm he woke me up sweating. I’m really small and a girl. I’m cold half the frigging time and that’s here in Paradise City where we have palm trees.

I turn on the light and his skin, it’s dry, really dry and papery and it’s cracking. There’s a smell too that has me lighting incense and there’s jet blackness under the cracks and stuff oozing out.

I’m up and pacing what should I do?

I could call for help but who? If I call the ambulance he will most likely get taken in and quarantined as a dangerous mutant. There’s a lot of people that still don’t like anyone that’s different. But he’s here in the housing dorms because his parents kicked him out because of this so they know right?

Or does he just have housing because he was kicked out and they don’t know that he’s a mutant?

Oh this could go wrong in so many ways.

I call the only person that I know.

“Mmm hu…”

“Sunny-kun it’s Shane I need your help.”

“Huh…what?”

“I need your help, a friend is here in my room and they are changing…they are Meta and this is looking bad. I don’t know what to do Sunny and you are the only one I know.”

“Hu….Okay…okay Shane I’ll be right over.”

It’s a very long be right over and it really feels that way. But my teachers had always said that time slows in direct relation to one’s impatience.

Sunny shows up with one of the Paradise City Champions…Overdrive. There’s a Tower decaled ambulance outside and there’s another Champion there too actually Champion himself and he’s keeping the admin bust as they take Kyle out on an anti-grav stretcher all bundled up.

The house mother and the admin people are not happy with the fact that there’s a Meta developing in the building and that they aren’t being told who it is.

I can feel their fear and it’s making them all angry and stupid and some of the students too. There’s a lot of raised voices over this and I’m getting stares and so is Sunny. Sunny’s got a coffee and she’s staring them down like they’re all freshmen even the faculty. She takes another sip of her coffee as one of the admins gives us another dirty look. She glares back.

“What? Shane found him and she called me and I called the cops.”

“Who was it?” One of the admins asks.

Sunny shrugs. “I don’t know the state they were in I couldn’t recognize them, would be able to tell you anyway.”

“Ms. Harper, you’re keeping silent is putting the student body and risk and Ms. Tukugawa is here on sufferance and if…”

“If nothing my mother is an attorney Mr. Haskell we’re under a legal gag order for the protection of a minor and if you try to mess with me or my friend Shane here then I’m afraid that you‘re biting off more than you can chew. You really should stop before someone puts you in your place.”

“My…Place…see here you little bitch…we have lawyers too and I’m not afraid of your mother or her firm of entertainment lawyers.”

“Oh…I wasn’t talking about Mom taking you to task.” And she leans right into his face. “You noxious little toad.”

“Oh then who? I’d really like to know.”

“That’d be Champion.” She gives him this evil smile. “Super hearing jackass.”

Champion’s looking in the direction of the little argument and he’s got his arms crossed and he’s doing that drumming his fingers on his right bicep.

Oh….Sunny’s bitch-fu is strong.

Okay there’s a moment where my mind reels as the Kai part of me catches up with the whole bitch-fu thing and I can’t stop giggling at Sunny and the “Little Toad man.”

He gives me this look but his hate’s focused on Sunny now and yet he’s keeping his mouth shut. Then Sunny looks at me. “C’mon Shane, we gotta go too.”

“Too? Go where?”

“Champion Tower, it’s cool though I’m sort of doing ROTC there.”

“ROTC?”

“It’s like being an intern.”

“Oh.” Mr. Haskell is staring daggers at us. “He doesn’t like us very much Sunny-Kun.”

“Oh…yeah screw him. He’s such a Snyder.”

“…?”

We get outside and Sunny opens the car door for me again. And it’s still strange and yet nice and stranger still. One I’m not used to the attention especially from a major hotty like Sunny, Two I’m not used to being all lesbian turned on and stuff, three the older me/Kai’s unused to female gallantry even if that part of me was lez or bi.

Sunny’s in this white lace tee-shirt with no bra and a v-neck showing off her perfect breasts and a pair of grey yoga pants and her school jacket.

There’s something just so make me achy, make me drool about this tall blonde goddess being so good to me. I’m Hispanic from one life, Japanese in another and this one. Blonde, blonde pretty and caucasian is pretty exotic.

The car ride is pretty good, I used to street race back in my own life and Sunny’s had her little red sports car streeted up and by someone who really knows his stuff or her stuff but Sunny…Sunny can drive pretty good for a rich girl. She’s not totally street but god it gives her this something edge to her. Edge works good on her.

I’m nervous when we get there. Really on edge. I’m kinda of the criminal set or I was and this is police central, more than that this is Super-hero central here and it’s filled with all sorts of police personnel my Kai side was Eta, then Shinobi both of those persona non grata with the authority figures. And them there was me becoming like this that had a run in with the police too.

But there’s part of both of us that’s…All in awe of this place. The tech, the toys and even just the sheer scope of this place takes some of my breath away.

In my ancient life there was nothing to this scale that wasn’t a mountain.

There’s a bit of talk with Sunny and Overdrive and the gate guards about her being on suspension. Overdrive looking at Sunny. “Okay, you can come and go as usual but…no active duty and no mixing it up.”

Sunny just nods but she’s all tensed and shoulder hunched and broody. We get a parking spot and then head up to their special medical wing. I’m palm scanned and I see my record come up on a screen and get the stink eye from the guy that’s at the security check point to the elevators.

Very heavy security.

One basic check point coming into the parking lot. Another heavier one with weapon emplacements and armored police getting into the basement parking garage and I think there was some kind of scanner there.

And now another security desk here.

But…How secure do they really need to be? Family, friends, witnesses, they live here or some do I’ve heard. It’s like an Imperial palace in a way. These are the guards and officers.

The medical levels aren’t like anything that I’ve ever seen before and really advanced and everything looks like it’s top of the life and them some. Like unique some. I can only watch as they take him from place to place and test to test in a sealed almost coffin like hover bed. I know it’s because some powers are dangerous, gasses, energy bursts, even radiation in some cases but….

It’s so coffin like.

At one point Sunny gets me a proper sort of cup of Japanese Macha tea. I say sort of because it’s in an enameled layered paper cup like the high end coffee places use but with the police shield with the cross sheathing the sword that’s The Champions logo.

Still tasted very welcome after the long night so far as much as my Kai self is all frowny about the tradition being mutilated….that part of me really has to chill, that part of me’s been dead for a thousand years. I hate waiting, I try to relax, try to meditate. Me pacing isn’t doing any good whatsoever.

I hear Kyle crying out at one point and there’s almost a reverb sound to it like almost through a speaker and distortion.

It’s a few hours and I really shouldn’t be here. I mean we don’t have any connection but…Why can’t I leave? Why do I feel I need to be here? Maybe I’m a better person than I used to be?

God that’d be nice.

God…

I get a moment in the quiet room and kneel and say a prayer for my friend. I’m a poor follower of Zen or Shinto stuff and definitely a lapsed catholic but It comes back a bit shaky but it does.

Sunny’s in the doorway and crosses herself with an Amen of her own. Then passes me a wrap and orange juice. “Breakfast?”

“Yes, origato Sunny. It’s morning?”

“That depends on what you call morning but it’s about ten to six.”

“Oh, is…?”

“He’s fine, well sort of he’ll need to recover but they’re doing clean up right now.”

I take a bite out of the fried tofu wrap with toasted sesame and lots of veggies. It’s good and not from a vending machine. The juice is fresh too. “Mmf, Clean up?”

“Yeah, turns out he sort of did this crystalis thing inside his own body…their pulling off his old…husk of a body he had to reveal the newer model underneath.”

“Newer model…kun?”

“He’s different looking and kind of cute.”

“Cute…kun?”

“Yeah.”

We go to were they have him and it takes me a moment to even recognize him. Male but so delicate featured he looks like a anime hot-boi. His hair’s gone from blonde to jet black and he’s goth pale but so fine, like some one made a drawing and brought him to like. There’s these jagged scars of smoky black crystal running from the tip in between his middle and ring fingers to nearly his elbows other than that he looks…

“Oh shit Sunny…he’s fucking beautiful.” Yeah the street just slips out. It still sounds like me but… “Sorry…I…”

“Hey Shane it’s okay, not my type but yeah he’s a hottie. I’m going to go and hit the gym I’ve got some things to work out.”

“Things? Are you okay?”

“No, not really Matt and I broke up this morning.”

“Oh….Sunny-Kun is there anything I can do?”

“No, you want to come too?”

I’m torn, part of me wants to go and be there for my friend and there’s also the fact she’s single now and I’m guilty for going there but as effed up as I am inside you think that right when someone you likes on the market?

But Kyle…

I was looking back and forth and Sunny smiles at me. “Stay with your friend, I heard them trying to get a hold of his folks and they won’t come in.”

“Okay…he…he has no one else. Are you sure you will be okay?”

“Yeah, I think some working out might help my head.”

We hug and I watch her leave. She seems more in this guyish funk over the break up than more of the girls I’ve ever seen. Hands in her jacket pockets shoulders hunched a bit and doing that not looking up walk I know so well.

Really…it only seems to add to her appeal.

Sigh…Sunny, and now Kyle.

He looks like Inuyasha’s big brother but only with those strange crystal scars and the jet black hair.

I want to be in there with him. My fingers itch to touch his hair, he just looks so…vulnerable.

They can’t let me in yet until they know he’s safe but I find a loveseat where I can watch him from and sit in it like it’s a couch. I’m not sure when I set my juice down and fell asleep but someone wrapped one of those warmed sheets around me and that was all it took to put me under.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good to see more of Shane!

Another great episode, Bailey! But you're making it hard to comment! I mean, once again, Sunny proves herself to be the genuine hero, even without Titan ever being seen. Once again, your visuals are absolutely wonderful, and so detailed without being ridiculously so (something I still haven't figured out), and once again, your sorytelling is top notch. I only wish I could be so...ordinarily extraordinary!

Once again, Hugz! (giggle)

Wren

what Wren said

I wish I could be more profound than "what Wren said" but that's all I got. Great stuff.

DogSig.png

Still really Appreciated Dorothy:)

I'm so glad that You're enjoying it.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A proud supported of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

Thanks Wren! Shane's a great character really different.

I really do believe that the characters are just as important than their alter egos in super hero stories. I read Spiderman for Peter more than the Spiderman action. Like Maxine in Masks and Marvels is more to me than her alias of Lady Lightning.

I loved Sunny in this too. I'm so Happy that you liked this.
*More Hugz Back!*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Yeah that was not bad.

I liked Sunny refering to Mr. Haskell as a Snyder.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

yea I got that

loved that show when it was new, today I don't think I could handle the mom's pushy attitude as well,
but hey Valerie made the show, but Snyder grew on you (like mold)

Actually the wrong Snyder...

Sunny was comparing him to the little toad of a principal from the early Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. Though I never care for the guy you're talking about...a really crappy Fonzzy knock off in my opinion.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

yeah i can see that

I'd forgotten that snyder, worm or was it demon snake food.

I'm with Lonewolf

The lines and the imagery that goes with it is great. These glimpses of Sunny dealing with the breakup with Matt is really revealing. Also the going to work out her frustrations is usually a more masculine response although I've known a few girls that likes running their problems into the ground. Generally guys likes the workout or pounding something to deal with stuff.
Good stuff!
Hugs
Grover

Thanks Grover!

The thing with Sunny like that is there's leakover or she thinks there's leakover and that's effecting the way she does things. She's still Sunny but she's picking up some masculine traits that are changing her in little ways.

So glad that You're enjoying this Grover.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Like umm wow!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

My head is like a little spacey from eighteen chapters in one sitting but I'm up to date. :-)

I'm still sniffling a little from last chapter for poor Matt/Alexis. S/he opens up to Sunny about s/he really is and then finds out that Sunny has been unfaithful. Ouch. I really hope that Sunny and Matt can patch things up.

And then there is Shane, with Kai's memories changing her in some subtle and not so subtle ways and her feelings for Kyle.

I get the feeling that the next few chapters are going to be interesting for everyone. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

OMG Thank You so much Jemima!

That's a lot of reading and a huge compliment that you did this:) I love the teenaged superhero drama going on and Sunny and Alexis but being Titan too and yet he hasn't spent a lot of time as such yet. Then you have Shane...who is just complicated in a fun way...Shane's finding her new blended self is really different that their old self image.

There's more coming:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

A revealing chapter

I like way you deal with all those little human details in the superheroes. I love this story Bailey! I like Diamond, Scarlett and Villain, but this is the best of all the "My super secret life" chapters.