Chapter 1 of Hikari and June

Printer-friendly version

When Hikari came home from her dads she told her aunt “I need to go out, so I can find “good friends.” so she went to the mall to hopefully find a new friend, ‘I blame Audrey, she told herself, “she told me that, "you know, if you want to meet new faces you should go to the mall.’” Audrey is one of Danielle’s friends Hikari met when she was at her dads. ‘Friends,’ she thought, ‘So do I really want to have friends, I mean Cherry was supposed to have given me some friends, and they just seam to like to mess with my head and pretend nothing is wrong,, but anyways maybe Audrey is right. And Dani seams to know what she’s talking about.’

‘So, I went to the mall’ Hikari talking to her mom that night. ‘And after walking around a lot, I saw this pretty girl my own age, Danni says that its perfectly alright to like girls, 'though,,’ and Auntie, your sister told me that it'd be good to meet some kids there’, “I think that would be great, She told me. “I know your having a hard time with friends at school, and I’m really happy that you want to try new things again. Just remember that we’re going with your grandmother to the play at 2pm so make sure you eat something okay.”

After going to the arcade and checking out the theater and various little shops and other pieces of the Ideals that make out a mall, I went to the cafeteria, and that’s where I met a friend.

At a lunch table sitting alone sat a pretty looking girl around 13 years old, and when Hikari noticed her sitting alone thought, “Maybe she’ll make a good friend. Maybe I’ll even see her in school,” Smiling Hikari walked over and introduced herself. “Hi I’m Hikari, want some company?” And the girl who was sitting alone perked up and said sure, “I’m June”

“So what do you have there?” Hikari asked noticing what looked like a card game of some-sort, and an open box.

June picked her phone up and said “its a RPG game, you see,” showing Hikari the phone “you can play it online and update your stats, want to play with me?" she asked.

“Okay" said Hikari trying to smile, ‘Personally I’m not very interested in games, maybe its because my family says “life’s a game that constantly likes to change it’s rules" and as you know, games are pretty much all about rules, even the ones where you can play to your liking and no-one says “No, you cant do that” somehow you still hear that ‘you HAVE to do something though.’

“You have a mobile?” June asked, so Hikari got her phone out and June punched in some numbers, she then dumped the continents from the box on the table, “Those are pretty colourful things” trying to be polite, than adding “what’s that”, Asked Hikari pointing to a piece of cloth. “This is our map.” June answered with a smile.

"You can go online and get lots of petty accessories, and you can even pick it over at the shop that way,” June said, pointing to her left.
---

‘When I opened Aunties car door I was exited and a bit scared, this had all felt perfectly/absolutely great until now whence it feels like it had been a dream somehow. And it was one to accomplish something so important in life, but it was so that it felt so surreal’ so when Cherry asked if I had met anyone, I said “yes.”
“And is this someone special?” She asked.
“yes” I answered still disorganized
“Someone your own age?.” She said somewhat sarcastically. And this broke the ice.
“Well I really do not know ,it might be someone in they’re thirties” I said not smiling but wanting to see a reaction, she turned her head so it seamed to have done the trick, and anyways, I did “meet” someone older.
“OK,” she said, continually driving
“I met a cute girl too,” trying to get her attention “she was sitting alone at the cafeteria tables, trying to play a game by herself, so while I sat with her, she taught me how to play her game, Her name’s June and she was waiting there for friends and guess what, I got a friend too; So quickly too. We exchanged numbers and hugs; which means we really are friends, and she bought me a game-kit on her phone. So we can play together properly sometime.” I told her in the car.

Cherry’s whole being brightened up “So you made a new friend already.” Cherry said smiling “I’m so proud and happy for you., and this June girl too, she’s very lucky to have met you, taking her anxiety away like that.”
I dint want to feel like it wasn’t, so I stayed smiling.

Cherry and Hikari drove to her grandmums full of peace and hope, then they all went to the theater for the showing, Hikari thought it all felt a bit odd though, everything still felt surreal and she thought, ‘It’s probably the wine, that grammie gave me, and everything else’

Hikari was to spend the night with her grandmother, and her aunt was to pick her up bright and early Sunday to change into her new outfit for church and she’d see Celestia and Mary as well as the light through the lovely awe-inspiring glass windows and it would all be so nice, and peaceful. she was promised.
So while in bed she stayed alert, and talked to her mum, and waited for cherry to pick her up, because she’s been getting more trustworthy and everything has seamed so hopeful. But Cherry dint come early, and she wasn’t even at the church. Celestia had sat with them though through the service and relived much of Hikari’s pain at least.

Cherry walked over to where they were talking at a time where she wouldn’t cause many problems, Hikari certainly wasn’t angry, though she had received a promise, it was definitely getting better, But she needed to prove a point, so she played the “ignore card”
Be oblivious to the problem, and ignore what is being said to you. It doesn’t much hurt, and you usually wont receive a negative response that you’ll regret.
Cherry being very apologetic but understanding words would get nowhere was mostly silent as well, and when she went to the ice-cream stand she bought Hikari a cone, though Hikari still wouldn’t talk, Cherry and had to hold it for her.
Hikari thought ‘Like a bad little girl I’ll let it melt in her hand.’ And that finally stated thawing the silence in her mind, and pieced a smirk. Though, Cherry eventually simply asked for a cup to put the cone in, and it pleased Hikari that she had done that, but dint think it right to give her the satisfaction, so she simply smiled secretly.
The next day at school getting ready for classes, Hikari received a text from June, and they found each other in the same school and soon they became good friends,

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

i dont get it

whats the story about?