A Change in Lifestyle chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

A Change in Lifestyle
Chapter 11

We both laughed together because I didn’t mean what I said I meant I’d like the trip to the salon.’
……………………………………………
So Fran left me to decide for myself where to start and she went into the den to make appointments at the hair salon.

I started in my favourite place, the kitchen and soon I was happily bringing back the shine to all the cupboards and work surfaces. I enjoyed looking out of the kitchen window watching the birds in the garden whilst I washed some utensils that the dishwasher couldn’t clean properly.

The local radio station was quite entertaining that is one of lifes small luxuries for someone working at home or housebound. Apart from all the advertising jingles that is.

I guess that I could enjoy this life if Helen continued with her career progress and I didn’t have much success finding the right job. I feel so proud of her achievements but I do seem to be falling further and further behind her in experience and responsibility. Right now I don’t feel like I could handle some of the things I used to do since I’ve been out of contact with developments through loss of my job.
Sometimes Helen has tried to encourage me and show me copies of reports and presentations she’d produced but to be honest I lose interest after a while and I seem to have so many things on my mind and jobs to do.

Helen does appreciate the support I’ve given her as she has progressed and the fact that I’ve gradually taken over running the home but we have had the occasional argument because I have wanted to chat when she arrives home whereas she feels stressed and wants to disappear into our den to make a few calls. She seems to occupy it far more than I ever did and she leaves things lying around that I daren’t move without consulting her first.

Fran came into the kitchen with Beth in her arms. She looked so sweet but she still seemed to have a little trouble teething and had rosey red cheeks.

‘Will you hold her for me please Robyn whilst I prepare her feed. I hope you don’t mind.’

‘Well I’m in a bit of a mess but I’m happy to help.’

I walked around the kitchen and she was very content looking around. At least I was getting chance to experience holding her that might come in useful one day if Helen and I are lucky.

‘By the way we have appointments with Tracey this afternoon at 3-30pm if that’s OK with you. I thought if you followed me then you might look after Beth if she’s awake whilst I have a wash and dry.’

‘Are you sure since I was quite happy to take you up on your offer for you to give me a trim.’

‘Of course I think we should consult Tracey about a more suitable style for you that makes your hair a little more feminine. With Helen away for a few days it will give you chance to get used to it.’

‘Fran I don’t want to be a freeloader. You don’t have to do this and anyway I’m not sure I’m ready to take another step just yet.’

‘Don’t be so silly. Let’s have some fun together since I never get chance and it’s a new experience for you.’

‘OK you have a certain way with words. I’ll do it but I’m not sure how I should dress.’

‘You can go as you are or I can help you a little bit. It would be better if you got showered and changed when you’ve finished your chores. By the way will you have lunch with me again?’

I couldn’t refuse. Fran went off to feed Beth and I moved to the hall and then the dining room and lounge. Once I got into my rhythm I started to make good progress and I was really enjoying myself. I felt I made a big impact and I moved a few things around a little bit. I could see that Fran was very satisfied.

Fran took Beth for a short stroll in her buggy so that they both got some fresh air. In the meantime I moved to clean upstairs so I could finish before they got back.

I soon finished my chores and was about to start on the guest bathroom when Fran called me from downstairs to join her for lunch. I told her I shouldn’t because I felt grubby from doing the housework and I preferred to shower before having lunch.

She persuaded me that I could shower in the guest bathroom and then clean afterwards to complete my days work. I got a nice surprise because she also offered me a change of clothing and free access to her wardrobe in the second guest bedroom where she’d stored lots of her clothes from before she became pregnant. She said to choose something I could go out in and she’d help me choose after my shower and lunch and could use one of her jogging suits in the meantime.

It was too good an offer to refuse. What was happening to me? I seemed to be in a spiral of happiness and I liked it as the intensity increased.

The jogging suit fitted fine and I brushed my hair. Even with my make-up now gone I still looked more girl than boy. I like it.
Fran offered me the chance to try a few things after lunch and to select some to keep if they fitted OK. The deal was I could use a spare wardrobe and the fourth bedroom and have this as my room to keep the clothes secret in case Helen might object to me wearing borrowed clothes. I couldn’t wait until lunch was over.

By then Beth was sleeping and so Fran sorted out some basic underwear and tights and a few pairs of shoes. She is a half size bigger than Helen and I could already fit the shoes that she had offered to me.

She selected mainly flat shoes but also decided on two pairs with heels that she felt I should try since this is every girls dream. She was right. I had often admired girls with shapely legs and high heels. Especially with dark stockings or tights and black patent shoes but I stopped short of saying anything.

I guess my feet were not quite so narrow as Frans because the first pair were slightly tight across the toes. Fran said we could easily sort that by spraying inside the shoes and using some shoe trees.

We then focused on the trousers, skirts and tops selecting a few different options that I could try whilst she made coffee.
So as Fran sat in the kitchen with her coffee I paraded with different options and Fran said yes or no. What a fun hour we had.

I was really getting into it and Fran noticed that my walk was becoming more and more feminine with each parade. Finally she came upstairs and offered me a bit of advice how to move my hands and arms and how to sit and get up and down. It seemed like my magic button needed pressing again and I so wished that Helen was coming home and that she could see me now.

We padded out my bra and Fran said she’d treat me later if we had time. She wanted to buy me my very own pair of breast forms and she knew the very shop.

So then down to me to choose the appropriate outfit to visit a hair salon. I’d no idea so I let fran choose. She opted for trousers and a top with a pair of shoes with the low heels. She thought I’d be safre and more comfortable with trousers and perhaps a skirt or even a dress might be for another day.

I sat down whilst Fran applied some make-up. She combed my hair back into a pony tail and tied it back and gave me a pair of clip on earings with small hoops.

Oh Helen I wish you could see me now.

Look what you’ve done to me and I like it.

As I stood up and twirled infront of the mirror Fran held my hands and kissed me softly on both cheeks.

‘Robyn I’m so happy to help you to return the favour you did for me. Don’t you think that this is the real you? ‘

‘Mmmm. I do feel rather different. Will it always feel like this or will I get bored do you think?’

‘Well what do you think silly. Did you ever see a women who gets bored trying on new clothes or dressing for her man?’

‘I’m not a woman, I’m a man.’

‘Really since when? Come on we have to get a move on and disturb Beth. Tracey is itching to meet you.’

‘You didn’t tell her did you.’

‘Of course not but I did say I had a very special friend that I wanted to introduce to her and that you were my new best friend.’

As we were leaving the house I got a message on my cell phone. It was Helen.

Should I tell her what we’d been doing or keep it secret?’

‘But I’m a man, I’m a man, I’m a man but I feel like a woman.Oh I really feel like a woman today.’

‘OMG what to do?’

To be continued…………………….

up
164 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Julie,

ALISON

What a metamorphosis you have going on here? Robyn has most certainly
discovered her femininity despite her protests to the contrary,it will
be interesting to see her reaction after the visit to the salon with Fran.

ALISON

I have a funny feeling Julie

That Helen and Fran have set this up!

Good story Thank you julie.

LoL
Rita

Have a safe and happy New Year Everybody!
Thanks for all your great stories.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

A Change in Lifestyle chapter 11

Worried that Robyn will have a mental breakdown.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I can't wait!!!!

... let me get to the salon! xx