The Portal - A TWILIGHT ZONE story

Printer-friendly version

Neanderthals"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of the imagination. Next stop: THE TWILIGHT ZONE." - Rod Serling

The Portal - A TWILIGHT ZONE story
By Anon Allsop

Eric Covington's anger at a colleague had built into a rage, forcing him to commit the unthinkable and taking a life, murdering Doctor Goodwill. Eric attempts to escape justice by using a portal developed by his murder victim. However, for Eric, he's about to find out what happens, when the portal leads directly inside...THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

******
[Warning - Contains a Rape]

His blood still dripped from my fingers, for I had killed him. I glanced back toward his body and trembled, still seething from my rage! I stared at the gaping wound in his throat, slowly oozing life onto the polished floor of the lab. Then I laid the sticky knife down on the stark white counter and hurried out of the room, heading back toward my office. Behind me a single scream could be heard, his body had been discovered!

I raced around the corner, his blood smearing the area I touched upon the wall. "This way!" Someone shouted from behind. Throwing a door open I burst into the project room and fell upon the slick floor, his blood staining the area where I landed.

I hurried across to another set of doors, deciding to use the 'Portal' to make good my escape. Once inside, no one would be able to follow! A sick smile played across my lips as I hurled another set of doors open and dashed down an adjacent hall. I laughed at the prospect of using Doctor Goodwill's Portal as a way to allow his own murderer to escape justice.

At one time we were colleagues, but our careers went into opposite directions. He knew that I was fabricating information and saw to it that I had been removed from the team. I showed him what I thought of his decision! I glanced at my red-stained hands as I threw open the door to Doctor Goodwill's personal lab. Across the room was the instrument of my escape...The Portal!

I threw off the great white cloth that was used to cover the strange looking disk as it sat like a silent window to the eons. I began to flip switches and push buttons, a slow droning hum began to build, beginning low and steady, and then gradually built into a high whine. I flipped the switch, and the portal started to turn on its edge, rotating slowly. I quickly ran to the door and looked beyond the room, which still showed no sign of pursuit. I returned to the long instrument panel, my hand hovered above the colored buttons. I let it drop, deciding against entering a date into the display for fear of being followed. It would be better if they weren't sure of where I would end, so I had the whole history of the earth as my hiding place.

I again snickered, knowing that I was about to get clean away for the murder of Doctor Goodwill. I laughed aloud as the portal continued to spin faster and faster until it was a great blur, rotating on its axis. Again, I returned to the door as the first few security officers had emerged into the hallway. One spotted a small droplet of Doctor Goodwill's blood from where I had inadvertently spattered a wall as I had passed.

As the disk continued to rotate faster, an image began to appear inside the swirling dish. It was a rolling plain, grassy hills and a few trees dotting the landscape. I could see no animals that would strike any type of fear into me. Into this peaceful land I would take my chances, happy to be anywhere away from the true justice that would be sure to convict me of the murder I had just committed. No, most assuredly, I was looking for the easiest way out of my predicament. And this random selection that the 'portal' had chosen would provide the perfect escape for me. I smiled at my own brilliance.

The digital numbers began a countdown, racing toward the zero that I knew would alert me to the full power that the 'Portal" possessed. I tore off my lab coat and threw it on the floor, beside it I tossed my name tag that the company required us to wear. The photo of me spun in a circle as it fell to the floor, beside it was my name. They would all find out soon enough that it was I who had taken the famous Doctor Goodwill's life. Doctor Eric Covington would be known forever more as the man who murdered Goodwill, but nothing would come of it once I stepped into the 'Portal'. As soon as I disappeared, all traces of me would disappear as well. I would not return from the path that led through the 'Portal', and the grassy image before my eyes would remain my home forever once I entered through it's blurry plane.

My beating heart thumped in tune with the receding numbers, finally a line of four zeros blinked its readiness. I glanced over my shoulder as the door to my room suddenly opened. "Eric! For God's sake, don't go in there!"

I laughed and stood upon the platform, "Nice try, Doctor Richter, I'm not afraid!" We both knew that a leap into the portal would propel me into the body of someone nearest the area on the spinning disk. It had been tested only once, and that person had never been able to return.

"Covington!" The security guard again shouted, reaching back for his revolver. "Damn it! Don't make me shoot you!" I smiled and made good my escape, I knew that they couldn't trace my landing site since I never entered the numbers...and they knew it too. I was just depending on luck to place me anywhere other than here.

I jumped, knowing that they would see me instantly disappear, my clothing falling to the floor, my body suddenly vanishing from site. Along with my disappearing body, the image of the grassy field faded, both gone forever. I was suddenly propelled through time, great bands of color flowed across my consciousness as I landed in the being who I would soon become, pushing their soul into the quiet nothingness of oblivion.

Slowly I rose up from the grassy field, warm sunshine caressing my back. I shielded my eyes and quickly glanced around. I was alone...and free! I smiled as I knew I had made my escape complete, never again would I ever have to fear the long arm of the law. I began to run for joy, the grassy plain was soft under my bare feet. Escape was mine! Freedom!

A twig snapped loudly behind me, causing me to suddenly spin around. A great brutish man stood looking at me from under bushy brows, between us lay close to fifty feet. He glanced around quickly and took a step, his shoulders hunched and ready to spring as if he sensed my fear.

His sudden appearance made my heart leap, I spun quickly and began to scramble up a small grassy knoll in panic. He started off in a run, heading directly toward me. I fell, long blond hair spilled across the ground where my hands were. "Oh, my God!" I gasped as I struggled to my feet, flipping the long tresses over my slender shoulders. "I'm a girl! I've leapt into a freaking girl!" I cried as I began to run, my voice sounding strange and young. I wanted to stop and fearfully examine my body, but the brute bearing down on me propelled me to run like a frightened deer.

The strange movement upon my chest brought panic in my heart, my young breasts gently swung, confined only by a thin animal skin that barely held them in place. I could hear his footfalls as he slowly closed the distance between us, our breathing becoming winded with each step. A hurried glance over my shoulder provided me a glimpse of my new pursuer, and I saw he was youthful and had a strong build with a thick chest. His arms were long and very muscular, his legs seemed shorter and somewhat stocky. His great brow stuck out slightly, giving him the appearance of a young Neanderthal.

Around a tree I ran, he had closed the distance between us to only ten feet. Out into the flat ground I sprinted, he was tiring and I actually felt as though I was pulling away. Suddenly, the ground fell away and I plunged down into a hole, he paused at its edge and peered over. I glanced around me at the sides, it definitely wasn't a natural hole in the ground, it had been dug by an intelligent being.

Trapped like an animal, I ferociously sprung for the hole's side only to fall back inside under the crumbling earth! This short female that I have found myself trapped in, was hopelessly small and could not grasp the high edge. I soon realized that it was this man who had most likely dug the deep hole that I found myself in. But why?

I tried to jump higher, grasping for the slender roots that dangled from the side. He smiled as I fell back into the hole. He crouched at the edge, studying me with his dark eyes. He moved around the outside of the hole, smiling and showing his white teeth. I stayed always facing him with my back to the earthen wall of my 6'x6' prison.

In one great movement, he jumped down into the hole. I screamed and backed into the furthest corner, he slowly reached his large hand out and touched my long golden hair. Reflexively, I jerked my hair away. I watched as he lowered his hand to his side and pulled on a little ringlet that a leather cord passed through.

My eyes widened as I watched the string loosen, and the thin skin that hung over his crotch fell suddenly to the ground. His penis twitched and slowly began its apex toward the sky. Fear danced in my chest as I struggled for air, "You stay away from me!" I cried. He only smiled, cocked his head slightly like a young dog and took a step toward closer!

With a girlish squeal, I again jumped for the edge, he moved in behind me quickly. As I hung from several roots, I felt him grasp me around my tiny waist and slowly pull me back into the hole. He maintained a firm grasp of me, as he forced me to my knees, his chest pressing me forward until my hands were compelled to hold both our weights. I struck at him in futility, he was just too strong!

"Get off me!" I pleaded as he pushed the little flap of the skin I was wearing aside. I tried to scramble from under him but his grip was too powerful. I shuddered as his huge penis brushed the inside of my thigh as it continued to rise and stiffen. "Please, don't do this!" I screamed, my feminine voice echoing within the hole.

He grunted and pushed some leaves into my mouth, I assumed it was to silence me. I spat them out and bit at his finger when he attempted to push them in again, but he continued until he forced several into my mouth and held my jaw shut tightly. I wanted to vomit, as they tasted so bitter and caused my eyes to blur. I felt my mind wander, the effects of the leaves addled my brain. It was as though I fell into some kind of drunken stupor, and in horror I suddenly grew calm under him and ceased to struggle.

His huge penis was poised before the door of my maidenhead, and slowly he forced himself in! I stared into the ground and helplessly let him thrust into me as an animal might impale its mate. He pushed forward, driving deeper into my opening until I could feel his great sack tapping me high on my thighs! Again, and again, he pushed and retreated until he built his movement faster and faster. I felt my body growing warm, I could feel myself leaning into each of his thrusts. I was breathing hard and could feel his hands slowly releasing their grip upon my slender waist, slowly they worked loose my covered breasts.

He made a strange guttural sound as he began to stroke my youthful orbs, all the while he continued to assail my young womb with his ridged penis. Deeper and deeper, each thrust more forceful than the last. His steady rhythm rocking me along with it, then he gradually leaned back on his knees, pulling me along with him. His penis pushed deep into my womb until I was impaled hopelessly upon him! His huge hands held my breasts tightly as I heard him grunt, suddenly filling me with his seed. A strange guttural gasp left my throat as my own body jerked and twitched erotically on its own. I began to cry.

He continued to hold me upon his firm maleness, gently manipulating my soft breasts. He placed one hand over my naked thigh and began to stroke the soft curly hair between my legs. I gasped as he massaged me into a hungry need, still pushing the strange leaves into my panting mouth he began to assail my now feminine body once again until I felt him propel another jet of seed into this strange, alien form I now possessed.

Finally, I felt him softening deep inside. Easing his grasp, he let go and I fell forward onto the ground, limp and lifeless. As he stood up, I continued to lay where I fell, the strange leaves seeming to have removed my ability to function on my own. He crouched beside me and rolled me onto my back, then using his finger, he removed the few leaves from my mouth and returned them to a pouch hanging from his neck.

He pushed my golden hair aside and studied my eyes, his fingers tracing along my slender neck to my exposed breasts. He smiled then slowly lifted me up and holding me high overhead, he pushed me back onto the grass of the plain. I could hear movement beside me as he climbed from the hole and again hoisted me to his broad shoulder. In a slow jarring trot, he began to head west, toward the setting sun.

As we traveled, I felt feeling slowly returning to my body. About an hour later we stopped beside a little lake and laid me down so he could get a drink. By this time I could drag myself toward the water and get a drink, the young girl in the reflection looked to be no older than 18 or perhaps 19 years old. She looked as though she could have been any blue-eyed teenage girl from a local high school. I looked down at my smallish breasts and thin waist and cried, but he sat watching me all the while, grinning with lustful desire.

I could feel nothing below my waist as I struggled to move next to the water's edge, then he again touched my blond hair. In horror I saw him reaching for the little string at his waist again, in one quick movement he was naked and towering over my paralyzed body.

He spread my thighs, pushed my legs open and laid down his heavy body on top of mine, forcing his semi-erect penis into my feminine opening. He continued to grow as he pumped into my helpless body. Again I felt him expel his seed into this fertile young womb I had no business possessing. What he was doing was evident to me, he had tracked down the young girl that I now was, drugged her and claimed her for his own! Now, he intended to impregnate this body with his seed as to further claim me as his! I have become nothing more than his prize mate for this young neanderthal, forever to be claimed again and again by this early human.

He slowly rose to his feet and smiled as he donned his little animal skin, saying nothing he pulled me to my feet and threw my helpless body over his shoulder. In a moment, I had another little leaf pushed into my mouth, its bitter flavor reminding me of what had just transpired!

By nightfall, he stopped upon a grassy hill, small domes dotting the span in the front of my vision. Each little hut was created by the long tusks of a great mammoth, skin stretched over each one to create the shell of the little home.

He carried me toward one such home, passing others from his village as we moved. Each man smiled at my captor in approval, each woman ignored me and carried her child on her hip as it suckled from her exposed breast. "Help me!" I cried as another woman with a hugely distended belly passed, she smiled, her ignorance at my language evident as her three little naked children followed her in a row.

I cried, my tears falling hopelessly onto the dusty grass under the big Neanderthal's feet, for my fate had been sealed! This truly was a prison, because this man and the offspring I would bear had become my jailers. I grabbed onto a great tusk as he pulled aside the flap to the little home, but he laughed and one by one, loosened the grasp of my fingers and easily took me to my cell.

******

In a time long since forgotten, Eric found himself as a young feminine captive trapped in a shell of a woman. Unable to converse with those around her for she possessed a language that none would hear for thousands of years in the future!

Eric thought he could escape justice for a death caused by his own murderous hands. She though, would be forever imprisoned; sealed inside the beautiful form as the young Neanderthal's lifelong mate...His justice coming swift within the ancient realm of...THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

The End
up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Justice.

It manages to find you not matter what in a lot of cases. Just wish it was more often in Real Life.

Still loving that you decided to start posting here.

Maggie

I Don't Know...

"Biter bit" is a well-established story genre, and it's executed pretty well here.

My problem is that I can't accept this killing, despite Covington's explanation, as "rage". The way the story reads, this wasn't an immediate response when informed by Goodwill that he'd been thrown off the team (and why); it came later, if not that much so. (Covington's office is still there, and Richter isn't surprised to see him.)

And if it's a premeditated murder by a sociopath bent on revenge rather than an insane impulse, I think it makes a lot of difference in the reaction I'd expect to his new ordeal.

For one thing, I don't see Covington, based on that setup, getting all that upset about the rape. The trap and the life sentence, certainly, since freedom was what he sought. But this isn't a guy who holds bodies sacred, having killed one; I'm not sure he'd treat the rape as more than a brief inconvenience.

With apologies to those here who have suffered abuse, the way I read Covington here, he lacks your "human nature" and ought to react differently. I don't think he'd go as far as Heinlein's reputed Chinese proverb, "if you're being raped, relax and enjoy it". But I wonder if Covington would treat it differently from any other kind of physical assault, or curse anything but his own bad luck in transferring to such a weak and undersized body.

And I don't think he'd stay that upset about his new condition for long; he'd be looking for ways (perhaps something with a sharp edge, or poison for his captor's food) to dispose of the guy. As for the child, there's no mother's love here: drowning or choking it shouldn't be difficult, if he can't induce a miscarriage before it's born.

Again, though, it all comes back to my feeling that this guy's a planner, not a berserker. If the story had Covington throttling Goodwill at their original private confrontation, then IMO the rest of the story would fit a lot better.

Eric