Pink? Why Pink? - Part 02

Printer-friendly version
Pink? Why Pink?
Part 2
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  

Previously:
Shit! Shit! Shit! I can't believe it. Just my luck. I should have never got out of bed this morning. My eyes are freaking PINK.


 
 

Disclaimer:
 

"This is fan fiction for the Whateley Academy series. It may or may not match the timeline, characters, and continuity, but since it's fan fiction, who cares?
 


 
 

Shit! Shit! Shit! What am I going to do? I have to find a way to get out of here without people noticing my eyes. Why did that have to happen to me? Calm down Mark, freaking out will not solve anything. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths trying to calm myself. I must have been hallucinating. That's it, I'll open my eyes and when I look at the mirror everything will be OK. I slowly opened my eyes and looked again at the mirror and... and... my eyes were still pink.

I tried to look one more time hoping it was just a dream again. No such luck, they were still pink. I kept looking at my reflection with a mixture of horror and curiosity when I noticed something that REALLY weirded me out. I looked closer at my scalp and to my absolute horror the roots of my hair were pink.

"Shit! Pink? Why pink? Couldn't it have been blue, green or even red? It had to be pink? I HATE PINK." I yelled in frustration.

Right after yelling I remembered where I was and looked around afraid that someone heard me, luckily the bathroom was still empty. Now I needed to find a way to get out of the bathroom and out of the school without people noticing anything. Maybe after getting out I could get some colored contacts and some hair dye and everything would be fine.

Probably the best time was during lunch, meaning I didn’t have much time left. Maybe I could just tough it out and go out with my head down and try to be as invisible as possible like I did during the morning.

I took several deep breaths to build up my courage and left the bathroom, hoping and praying that I could avoid any problems and most importantly the bullies. The good thing is that they are probably in the cafeteria having their lunches right now.

Unfortunately my luck didn’t last, not that it was a surprise anyway. The problem is that when I made a left turn I bounced off what looked to me a big wall of muscles. Instinctively I looked up and surprise surprise, it was Steven Marshal the football team quarterback.

“What is your problem Romsey? Look where you are going.” He said shoving me aside and kept walking.

I didn’t even have time to think I was safe when he stopped and turned around to look at me. I lowered my head and started to pray to a thousand different gods and entities for him to leave me alone.

He took a step closer to me and grabbed me by my shirt collar. At that point all I could do was to keep my eyes closed.

“There is something different about you today, four eyes. That’s it, where are your glasses? Did you lose them? Is that why you bumped into me?”

“Y...yes, I lost them and was going to my locker room to get me my spare pair.” I said with my eyes still closed.

“That is no excuse to bump into people, and open your f$%ing eyes when talking to me.”

“I can’t. I am blind without my glasses and when I open my eyes I get a major headache.”

“So how did you think you could go to your locker room blind?”

“I was squinting my eyes.”

“I should kick your ass for bumping into me, but I am late for lunch and I am starving, so I will just take your lunch money as payment for my troubles.”

“What?”

“Are you deaf as well?” His voice was getting more and more menacing.

“N...no. T...the thing is... I don’t have any money with me.” I said and he shoved me against a locker.

Unfortunately I made a mistake after dropping to the ground of opening my eyes. Did you ever try to keep your eyes closed for a long period of time? It is damn hard I tell you. Anyway... I opened my eyes and of course he saw them, how could he not to? They are DAMN PINK and the worst part is that I didn’t tell you before, they are not a light pink, they are PINK PINK, so pink that they almost glow.

“WTF? You were lying to me, you didn’t lose your glasses, you are a f#$%&ng faggot using pink contacts. I am so gonna kick your ass now Romsgay”

I closed my eyes again waiting for the punch, but after a few second it didn’t come.

“What the f$%k is that?” I heard him yell and I opened my eyes.

The thing is, that when I opened my eyes, my vision was pink and I noticed that I had some sort of glow around my body and I saw Marshal’s fist coming in my direction just to stop at the edge of the glowing field and his face change from one of rage to one of pain.

I have a force field? A PINK force field? Pink? Why pink? What did I do to deserve this?

I looked around and the hallway was starting to fill up with people and of course they were looking at me.

Shit! There goes the stealth exit, and things got worse, now I am freaking glowing pink.

Marshal was still holding his hand and looked at me with a look of pure hatred. “You f@#$%ng mutant faggot” He yelled and jumped at me again.

I just reacted and raised my arms to protect myself forgetting about the force field, and while I was raising my arms some sort of blast shot out from my hands hitting him on the chest and throwing him backwards several feet. Needless to say that now everyone was looking at me like I was some sort of freak. So I did the most courageous thing I could think of and just turned around and ran like hell, quickly leaving the school building and kept running.

I ran for a while and only stopped when I was home. When I calmed down the glow faded and my vision returned to normal, probably I was seeing everything pink because the force field was pink.

Now I needed to find a way to tell my family what happened to me without freaking them out and (gulp) set up an appointment to the doctors to find out what is happening to me.

I guess I couldn't deny it anymore, I really am a mutant and apparently one with some cool powers, now if only they weren’t pink... I knew I should have stayed in bed.

  


  
To be continued….
  

up
269 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Chapter

littlerocksilver's picture

... and things are just beginning to change.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

dumb jock

you would think a quaterback would be smart enough not to punch the glowing kid.
great chapter.
thanks

What do ya bet

That things will get worse very soon? Great story! Too bad he didn't have some dark sunglasses! Here's where there should be a crossover between Whateley and Morpheus' "Twisted" universe. Leila would LOVE this!

Wren

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 02

Wonder if he has pink blood

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

thoughts of david bowie....

Nahm... Nahm... Nahm...

Love those ch-ch-ch-changes!

:)

foxxe_bc.jpg
>> Foxxe Wilder >>

And.....cue the MCO.

The jock gets beaten by someone he disdains so he will more than likely elevate the whole thing into an attack to make Mark look more violent and himself less of a loser. Great and looking forward to more.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers