My Super Secret Life...Villain-1

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Villain.

Yeah.

I’m a Villain.

Sure, right.

No, I’m a criminal, with powers…hence villain.

I’m called Rook, that’s my handle and I was thirteen when my meta powers blossomed. Dad was drunk, and he was beating the shit out of my mom and was coming for me and something went snap, crackle, pop in my head.

I’d thrown my hands up to ward off the blows and he hit something bounced off and freaked out. He grabbed a bat and kept trying to kill me. Felt him hitting the nothing stuff, he’d break through and miss me as I ran around the trailer and of he’d hit me and…well if you’ve ever been baseball batted…you know.

If not…hey that’s a good thing.

It must have just clicked that yeah I was doing this. It was sort of like he was trying to hit me through a blanket. And when I pictured wrapping the blanket around the bat It stopped.

I won’t go into the details but beat him bad enough he died in the hospital. Mom got me to run and get out of town but long story short. I’m a mutant, I’ve got freaky powers and it didn’t take her long to move away.

I ran away from home, from Greendale my hometown and jumped the train to Ark City. A mega city of over three hundred and forty million people it’s a good place to blend in and hide.

Guess I’m lucky really, I pass for normal more or less. There’s a lot more mutants or meta’s like me that aren’t able to go out in public because of some freaky thing that came about with their mutations. Me I was a happy normal blonde, green eyes kid, loved baseball and riding my bike and all that stuff. Then puberty hit with my mutations and my hair’s a deep blue, indigo…almost black. And my eyes are a pale green now, normal yet…it’s not a human shade of things. Then my sex changed…sorta…just my guy bit, turned into a well you know. But along with that I’m androgynous, I can pass for pretty I guess but I’ve a voice like a boy who’s you knows haven’t dropped but my body, slender, no muscles, no curves I’m not all that strong likely as strong as a girl my age would be that doesn’t work out. I’ve never had a period and I barely have and body hair, no hips or breast either.

So yeah I’m really a bit of a freak but I pass for normal. If I want to just walk into someplace I can.

So many others can’t and with New Haven’s treaties and non-human immigrants they’re a lot more tolerant than a lot of other worlds and governments. It’s supposed to be a safe place if you’re a mutant. Well that’s not quite true, like people having no problem with the differently gendered, or being gay. The officially say that they’re good with it but what the government says and what the people act like are really different things. Still for some reason they come here too to Ark City.

Well it’s that ship.

There’s an alien ship all tied up with the whole Ark Ship thing and the city was built over it ages ago before they even knew it was there. Well it’s become the safe haven for mutant kind and seeing as it’s huge like made for giants or something there’s lots of room.

So below the subways, below the sewers is the ship and in the top layer of the ship is Freaktown. I don’t know what’s deeper than that in the ship but I know that the lower 3rd sits in/on a magma field.

I was in Freaktown once. I nearly got killed several times over. It’s about two hundred feet tall that place and huge but it’s a shanty town/city and the Anthro’s run in gangs down there and there are wild mutant gangs and lot of meta’s down there and nothing short of a full scale war will get them out of there…maybe. But it’s a nebulous thing too, they cant go in with force because it’d violate their rights and our actual alien race buddies are looking at the whole thing.

So it’s almost like an offshore nation or something.

……………………………….............................. Anyways.

I slip on the girl’s hockey padding then my fatigues and my lycra grey long sleeved shirt and then the hoody. I wear make up like the ancient legend of the crow entity a thing with my name and I hit the streets. Skateboard not a hover board and my hockey bag I move through the night until I find my mark.

I find things to hit once maybe twice a month. I don’t do armed robberies I’m a Break and Enter type. I don’t like people getting hurt but I will use force, sort of.

Oh…yeah powers…I’m a psychic, a telekinetic mostly but not a powerful one. Two hundred kilograms is my lift limit. But like Yoda say’s it’s all about control. See to me TK or telekinetic power is like being wind, or controlling wind there is a tactile sort of sensation when you touch/move things.

Like the tumblers in a door lock. (Grins)

Now this is the tricky part, the alarms. I can’t TK them out of commission but I can…reach out and fill the alarm pad with my TK energy. I concentrate on the uniformity of the device…yeah…there’s four buttons pushed repeatedly in the numbers. I reach deeper and feel the differences. Most people hit the first button straight on then there this directionality in the wear of the buttons from moving your hand…if your next button is to the right then the right side of that button will have a bit more wear, down wear for down ect.

I can feel the power shift in the alarm as it powers down. I open the back door to the store and slip inside. I’m in my working clothes so I really don’t care about the cameras but I move directly to them and shut them down. It’s a Torino’s store. Think a small pharmacy chain that sells a bunch of other stuff too.

I never hit a Mom and Pop store, bad karma I always hit chain store and nothing open 24/7 and nothing with a live guard.

I hit the drugs. Yes they’re locked up but I TK pick that and start filling my bag. No street drugs, they give you a bad wrap and get a lot more heat on you just like stuff to cook the different kinds of crystals out there. Nope I go medicines, there’s really good money in black market meds for just being plain ole sick. Cancer drugs and stuff like that I clean out. I know an unlicensed street Doc who’ll make sure these get to some of the people that need them.

I’m the bad guy? Most of the stuff I’m stealing costs only a tenth of what it costs to make them.

Next thing I steal is cameras, and memory cards and those pre-paid gift cards. Those I take the last five of them only off the shelf behind the counter, if they don’t look missing then they won’t get around to counting them really quickly and you can use them up. Phone, Net, gift cards all of those things are valuable high end goodies.

Lastly I just swipe stuff I want and can’t afford or might need. Like make-up and perfumes and stuff but DVD’s and even junk food. Tonight it’s some expensive stuff but also a handful of my favorite bars and two pounds of butter a plastic two liter of milk and a five hundred mil of liquid eggs.

I’m out of there and reset ad relock everything before I’m out of there. It might be two days or three before they clue into the robbery. The first thing they always seem to think is someone didn’t stock stuff right. Then they might look at the security tape to find the thing turned off.

I’ll have things settled by then.

My skate board gets me out of there pretty fast. It’s another TK trick, I sort of use my powers to keep me stuck to the board but I don’t push myself or pull myself. I create RPM’s on the wheels. It’s a lot easier to make them spin than to move me. I can go pretty fast too about twenty two kmph normally and about thirty five on a good down hill slope.

I get well out of there before heading home.

Home is a cheap apartment in the west side of the city called brick town, it’s an old industrial neighborhood that’s about a hundred blocks by about a hundred blocks. Sounds huge huh. Well Ark City is that, a mega city the sized of a mid sized country really.

You noticed I didn’t steal any cash?

Not worth it, everyone pays by debit or by credit and some even by speed pass implanted chips. Only about fifteen percent of people use cash. Plus they do night deposits and stuff. I’d rip off an ATM but there’s not a lot of good in those either too well built and dye packs or in took secure an area

No this usually does me and if I need more I will chance another job or I’ll rip off and mug a pimp or a dealer… Hey, who are they going to call. Just if you have too…do it in another neighborhood.

………………………………...... Home.

Stuff stowed I get changed. Blonde wig, breast gel inserts and a bra, sunglasses and a nice dress and I head out with my gift cards. I take a train out of my area to Beacon hills and I proceed to go shopping.

I’m walking and minding my own business when a bunch of idiot varsity boys drive past twice hooting and hollering at me just because I’m a girl, or disguised as one. (I’m not sure what I am.) and I’m walking alone.

On their third pass they slow down and start saying lewd stuff some more. I’m not powerful but focusing the TK force you make a shape like a baseball and I picture it hitting the rear view window. It’s all about PSI then. They freak out and screech to a halt because the rear window blew like someone bricked it.

I watch for a second before heading into the store I was headed to.

Yep, I’m a Villain.

up
138 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's quite refreshing

Extravagance's picture

to see things from the villain's viewpoint. As long as evil doesn't win in the long run, anyway.
It seems that our villain is doing bad more out of necessity, rather than selfishness and greed and simply-because-I-can. She also seems to be refraining from using her powers against innocents. Overall, she seems to be more Chaotic Neutral than of any Evil alignment.

Well, that's quite enough thinking for now. Great storytelling as ever! ^_^
*HuggleSnugglePurrKiss* <3

- - -

Merry Christmas from BCTS's resident Extravagant Honorable Trans-Cat-MegaTomboy! ^_^
Christmas_Catgirl.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Rook's had to learn to cope and be self reliant.

Wanted for killing their father even if in self defense it means jail time and possibly worse seeing as they're a mutant. There might be laws to protect the different but we all know that people respect those laws right.
Rook's not into the mindless flexing of power, that'll get you arrested or worse. Rook does try to not rob from people rather than big chains that can absorb the loss.
Thanks for the great comment!
*Huggles and scratches.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Some Clever Ideas Here...

There's one thing I didn't quite get a handle on:

I get the feeling that (correctly or otherwise) Rook thinks he has no choice about being on the wrong side of the law, and he's proud (with good reason) that he's found something he's good at.

Does that mean that, if offered amnesty to "go straight" and work on the superhero side, he wouldn't want to? He's making it clear that he doesn't consider himself evil; it probably helps that the evil gangs don't want him, but he does care who he steals from (or so he claims) and apparently does use at least some of the ill-gotten money for things like rent and food.

Then again, though he talked about putting the gift cards on the black market, we see him going to an upscale-sounding neighborhood and shopping with them. (Maybe I'm reading too much into that; I suppose he could still be buying necessities there. We haven't seen any indication that he has expensive tastes -- no car, no obvious addictions and apparently no desire to impress anyone via clothes, jewelry, etc., even in situations where blending in isn't important.)

Anyway, it should be interesting to see where this goes. Looking forward to more.

Eric

Rook does think that there isn't a choice.

they try not to hurt people as a rule but they don't play well by the rules after a few years on the street. They'd likely not believe an offer to switch sides, likely a scam to arrest them. He doesn't fit into the Freaktown set of gangs mostly because he passes for normal too much, they're the really different ones and there's a sort of reverse prejudice.
The gift cards are really of two groups, the phone and net time cards which are easier to e-track so they're going to Rook's black market guy and the store cards they're going to use in the better neighborhood because the fact their a criminal won't really seem suspect with a "girl" going on a shopping spree. It's more of hiding in plain sight.
But your right, expensive tastes draw attention one way or another.

I'm glad you liked it:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

One shot?

Or a new recurring character? I can see where it could go either way. Nice little look at the not so nice side of ark city.
Thanks

I'm planning on this going on some LoneWolf.

But I'm planning on some Super Secret One Shots at some point to define the story universe some more.
You're very welcome:)
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I thought I'd posted this already.

I rather enjoyed this character. She isn't a super-villain, but could definitely be an interesting "enemy". In my favorite scenario, Rook becomes Titan's nemesis and Sunny's best friend. I see definite opportunities for comedy here, if you were so inclined.

I would bet that despite Rook's self-definition as a villain, there are people who would consider her a hero. I want to see where this goes!

Hope you had a happy Christmas!

Wren

there's a lot of things I can do with this:)

But right now they're both in very different geographic areas and not even on each other's radar yet.
Could be fun though. I like Your take on things.
Had a Great Christmas!
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Trapped by circumstances

Nice one Bailey! I'm interested where this character is going.
hugs
Grover

Thanks Grover!

I'm glad that this turned out well. There'll be more.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Interesting story... Life

Interesting story... Life kind of sucks for Rook doesn't it.
For someone who calls himself villian Rook certainly tries not to be evil. I wonder if we're going to see him/her again.

Thank you for writing,

*hugs*
Beyogi

That's part of the Villain thing;)

If they didn't have powers they'd just been labeled as a criminal, but the powers has placed Rook into a whole other standard the cops have. There will be more Rook.

Thanks for writing and commenting:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Rook

Kinda, sorta, sounds like Robin Hood. The old, old Englishman, him vs Sheriff of Nottingham; not our esteemed member!

>> .. I know an unlicensed street Doc who’ll make sure these get to some of the people that need them.<<

Here, I think you have the meaning switched around:

>> I’m the bad guy? Most of the stuff I’m stealing costs only a tenth of what it costs to make them. << (This means "they" are selling it at a 90% discount!)

Maybe: Most of the stuff I’m stealing sells for ten times as much as it costs them to make it. A 900% mark-up!

Cool character! E seems fairly chaotic, but a little toward the good side of neutral. E's an obviously anti-authoritarian nonconformist. A little like me I guess, just a whole lot less shy and more independent!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee