Five Years Gone

Printer-friendly version

Five Years Gone

Author’s note: this is a story of a possible future, and a bleak one at that. Take care reading it.

Hey guys, its Dot. Sorry its been so long since I’ve been on, but I’ve only just recently been allowed Internet privileges, and it took me a while to convince the Powers That Be to let me have the time away from therapy to post this update.

I look around at this place, and I can’t help wondering how the heck I ended up in here. How did things go so bad, so quickly?

I guess it all started when I lost my job at Wal-mart. I really couldnt even blame my transition for my job loss, it was just me doing what I’ve done my whole life, male or female - mess things up.

It took me about six months of fruitless looking for a replacement job to realize the truth.

I had finally run out of chances.

Then the second blow hit. My mom had a stroke. The stress of having to do an awful job, and be the sole support in our household due to my failings caught up to her.

She survived, more or less.

I talked my brother into setting her up in his basement, and for a while taking care of her gave me a reason to keep fighting. Well, her, and my daughter, of course.

Until both of those reasons were taken away from me.

First, my ex finally realized how feminine I looked now, and we had the blow-up I had been dreading since I first told her I felt more like a woman than a man. It didnt matter a hill of beans that legally I had the right to access to my daughter. My ex did exactly what she wanted, and I lacked the financial resources to fight her. The result was as predicable as the morning sunrise.

Its now been almost six years since I last saw my own child face to face.

Then, before I could even really process that loss, my mom had a second stroke, and died. With my mom gone, my brother decided he wanted me to, in his words, “grow up” and leave Dorothy behind me.

A month later, I was looking for a new place to live.

Finally I ended up in this place, and I’ll probably be here for a while longer. They're looking into some kind of half-way house situation, but my transition makes placing me rather hard. I guess that’s the one good thing I got going for me right now. They respect my desire to be a woman, and are even are continuing my hormone treatments.

Who knows, they may even pay for my SRS.

I better sign off for now, my time is just about up. I’ll try and give you guys some kind of update when I can.

Super hugs from Dorothy.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Could be worse,

Extravagance's picture

but hopefully your real future will be much better.
*HuggleSnugglePurr* <3

- - -

BCTS's resident Extravagant Honorable Trans-Cat-MegaTomboy! ;D ...But I do like cuddles from soft but strong arms... ^_^
Honorable_Catgirl.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

I hope so too, Extravagance

Thanks for commenting hon.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Five Years Gone

Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ohhh Sweet Dorothy

i pray that things never get even 000.0001% close to that bad hunny... Big Super Hugs cause it sounds like you need them.
Diana

thanks Diana

been struggling with feeling like my future will look like this, or even worse, so I finally did what I do best - get it out in story form. Thanks for commenting.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Team Dorothy will come through okay

It's human nature to imagine worst case scenarios, which can be handy in helping us plan out how to avoid or deal with them, and for some it helps to get it down in writing. But unfortunately, sometimes our view of the future is slanted toward these worst case scenarios where everything goes wrong. Can bad stuff like that happen? Sure it can. Sometimes things happen that are even worse than we even imagined. Lord knows I have my own worst case scenarios spinning in my brain. But I also know the real future tends to go nowhere near as bad as we feared it would. I'm sure that'll be the case for you too, Dorothy.

Whether it does or doesn't, Dorothy, add my hugs to Diana's. Us Bailey's Angels gotta stick together.

Lisa "I need a pic and sig too" Danielle

thanks, Lisa

Super Angel hugs, hon, and thanks for commenting.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Hmm...

Kalkin62's picture

That is certainly a bleak look at a possible future :(

Family relationships seems to be the key element there. You discuss four relationships deteriorating, each for a different reason.

I don't know what I can say about those. It's not clear how much of what you write is speculation and how much has actually occurred.

I guess all I can really say is I hope thing turn out better than you're expectations :\

thank you

this is entirely speculation on my part. Thanks so much for the support, and taking the time to comment.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Five years the right way.

Five Years Gone

Author’s note: I disbelieve in Dorothy's story, and write the real version.

Hey guys, its Dot. Sorry its been so long since I’ve been on, but managing the Electronics Department at a Walmart takes up way too much of my time. You would think that with the computers around I could find five minutes, but it just doesn't happen.

I look around at this place, and I can’t help wondering how the heck I ended up in here. How did things get this great, so quickly?

I guess it all started when I got promoted at my job at Wal-mart. It really surprised me, I hadn't thought that I was doing such a good job, but everyone else did.

It took me a while to realize the truth, I am good at this. It's hard work, but anything worth doing is not easy.

Then a second good thing happened. My mom found a better job with less stress. We moved into a nicer house, and she was able to relax more.

She's thriving now, her health hasn't been better in years.

My brother even helped us move, and remodel the place. It took a little convincing on our parts, but he finally accepted that I really wanted my room that feminine. We did have to keep my daughter out of that room though.

My ex finally realized how feminine I looked now, and we had the blow-up I had been dreading since I first told her I felt more like a woman than a man. She tried to keep me from seeing my daughter, but I had the law on my side. I also had support that I never dreamed of. My boss, and coworkers came forward to help.

I see my daughter all the time now, and after a long discussion I was able to explain to her what I was doing with my transition. It took her a while to figure it out, but she hugged me and said she would love me no matter what.

My mother is happier now too, she gets to see her granddaughter more often. My brother has accepted me now, I am not sure if he really approves, but his attitude is much better.

Finally, I've gotten enough of a break from work that I can think, and I remembered all of my friends here, and stopped in to say hi. Hi everyone. I really do miss you all and I hope that I can spend more time here.

I'm still saving up for my SRS.

I better sign off for now, I have to get up early for work. I’ll try and give you guys some kind of update when I can.

Super hugs from Dorothy.

This is a much more likely scenario I think.

you will have to read "Ten years gone" hon

I dont know how "likely" that particular scenario is, but I like it.

Thanks for the comment hon.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png