Starstruck! -9- Thrub of Destruction

Printer-friendly version

Intergalactic headbanging made easy...

Starstruck!

by Erin Halfelven

Vicki searched quickly for the bush she'd left her backpack under and found it. "I've got to find out how to shut off these pheromones," she thought. "I can't keep turning people into zombies." She glanced at Dan'l.

Dan'l stood back, looking around as if just waking up from some peculiarly vivid dream. He noticed Vicki looking at him and grinned a goofy little grin.

"Lovesick zombies," sighed Vicki. She pulled the bag out from under the bush and extracted a couple of comic books. "I'm pretty sure I can sort of magic up clothes, too. Besides costumes," she muttered.

"Comic books?" said Dan looking confused. Well, as if he were aware of being confused. Before he'd looked as if he were confused but didn't know it.

"Aliens," said Vicki, turning a hand over. "What are you going to do?"

Dan seemed to think about that for a bit. "Customers," he said. "You've got alien customers?"

"Something like that," she agreed.

Dan shook his head, looking around. What the heck had happened to him, he wondered. He felt as if he'd just woke up from a three-day bender but he didn't have the headache or nausea that would involve, just the feeling of being disconnected from reality.

He glanced at Vicki, absorbed in reading a comic book of all things. Wait? The comic book seemed to be about a character that looked amazingly like her. Dan blinked several times but the impossibly well-built blonde on the cover of the magazine looked amazingly like the real but almost impossibly well-built blonde reading it.

"I've been breathing too many lacquer fumes, haven't I?" he said aloud.

Vicki glanced at him and laughed. "Probably not. It's just me, I'm apparently intoxicating."

Dan stared at her, aware of a -- scent. Enticing, invigorating, irresistible and highly erotic, and yes, it was coming from her.

"Don't look at me like that," she complained. "I'm trying to figure out how to turn it off!"

# # #

Neener Neener, officer of the Galactic Constabulary spent some time trying to re-establish communication with his ASS. "Actually," he whined, "I love Dirt music, it's so gritty." But his ASS wasn't listening and did not reply.

Neener stared into a viewer which seemed at the moment to be showing three young Dirtian mammals singing about a bug from Wug. He hadn't known that Dirtians were even aware of the planet Wug.

"What a fudging load this assignment has turned out to be," sighed Neener. "I can't imagine how I'm going to collate this into official records." Resigned to waiting for his ASS to return to its duties running the jumpship, Neener withdrew some blue stuff from his stash under his carapace. He took a small kick, then a slightly larger one. He needed cheering up.

He didn't sigh, Galactic Constables of Neener Neener's race do not sigh because they are not so equipped. He did make a noise rather like a popcorn kernel that is about to pop though.

He had a good supply of blue stuff but resolved not to waste it. His nerves settled by two kicks, he put the baggie back under his carapace.

His attention turned to the music coming through the jumpship's environmental console. He reached over with a chilicerate feeler and dialed the sound up a notch. The beat made him want to jump around and the melody tingled all through his cepahalothorax. He didn't understand any Dirtian languages but even the voice of the performer seemed more alive in this recording than all of his galactic goombahs back home.

What kind of instrument did these Dirtians have that made such pretty violence? He turned the sound up to max and reposed at his pilot station, twitching and groobulating to the rhythm.

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain —
Too much love drives a man insane.
You broke my will, oh, what a thrill...
Goodness gracious! Great balls of fire!

# # #

Not having the advantage of a handy manual in the form of a comic book, Carlotta had to manage her powers by luck and instinct. She did collect another half dozen surfers and other assorted beach types to help dig her feet and lower legs out of the sand by just standing there looking massively pulchritudinous, like a 22-foot tall statue by Botticelli -- Venus with Hodaddies.

"There's something coming through the water," she said in her curiously high-pitched voice. What she saw looked like a computer generated image effect from some television commercial for a magical cleaning product. It would have to be a cable channel or something from Europe because the woman riding the multi-colored waterspout had no clothes on. "Just like me," thought Carlotta.

"Hey!" she called to the blonde atop the whirling, twirling mass of air and water coming onto the beach. "Spin Dizzy! Over here!"

"I see you," Dizzy called back. "I'd have to be blind not to see a 50-foot woman with a 30-foot chest," she said more quietly, over estimating Carlotta's height and attractions by more than double. Not that anyone at all could hear her with the roar of spinning air, water, and now, sand, surrounding her. "Now, how do I stop this crazy thing?"

The surfers spotted her, too, and were thrilled.

"Dudes!" called Porky, their de facto leader. "We got bodacious babes on shore and in the surf!" Then they all had to scatter as Dizzy steered her unconventional hovercraft into their midst.

The sand this kicked up stung Carlotta's skin, especially the tender area around her nipples. Clasping her arms around her chest, she turned her back on Dizzy's advance, struggling a bit as she pulled her feet free of the sand at last. "Owie, owie!" she ouched in her babydoll voice.

"Wait!" cried Dizzy to the giant girl trying to climb up the sandy slope from the beach toward the scrubby sagebrush. "You must be involved in all of this weirdness, do you know a dolphin named Squeet?"

# # #

Two, then three, fire fighting trucks arrived to battle the blazes that Willi had set with her fiery scream. Water and foam poured from long hoses and projecting nozzles atop the trucks onto the burning buildings.

Seeing the jetting liquids had a peculiar effect on Willi. She moaned in excitement. Most of the firefighters were men and her gaze focused on the burly fire captain from the first truck on the scene. She rather thought she would like to meet him.

A fantasy unfolded in her mental cinema where she started blazes and her firefighter hero put them all out with his gigantic -- nozzle. She blushed, her fair skin turning the same shade as her strawberry blonde hair. As the realization of what she was thinking sank in on her, she turned to run away.

"I'm naked, I'm a girl, I can start fires and I've got a yen for men?" she said aloud. "This can't be happening!"

She ran across the asphalt parking lot towards an unburnt block of buildings without looking back, unaware that a set of delicately-shaped but fiercely flaming footprints followed her.

# # #

"Who first?" Princess Unicorna asked her ASS.

'VICKI IS CLOSEST," suggested the intelligence in her rear end.

A mental map appeared in the Princess's awareness. Not a fuzzy, vague, shifting, dreamy simulacrum but a sharp, clear, focussed image like a military-grade heads-up display. "She's in Mile Square Park," said the Princess. At the intersection with PCH, she turned left, signaling with her hand. Other drivers got out of her way but mostly into each others. Brakes squealed and horns blared.

"Good thing I had a green arrow," she murmured. She kept her own spirally-twisted horn pointed up the highway toward Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach, ignoring the crunching sounds behind her, picking up speed as she ran.

"ASS," she said, glancing down at her bouncing chest. "Can we conjure up some clothing?" People in oncoming lanes were waving and pointing at her. She waved back, distracted.

"WHAT DID YOU HAVE IN MIND?"

"I dunno," Princess muttered. "Just something, the harmonics up here are getting intense."

"HARMONICS? I COULD USE YOUR HORN TO PROJECT ANY SORT OF ACOUSTIC FIELD YOU MIGHT LIKE," said her ASS.

"That's not what I meant," she complained. "I need, I need...."

"YOU REQUIRE?"

"I need a bra! Dammit!"

She felt something and glanced down again. She seemed to be wearing the top half of a chainmail bikini, every link gilded and glittering in the sun. About her waist, a belt supported sword-shaped alternating golden and platinum plates connected with leather and chainmail into a half-kilt that covered the front of her hips and thighs halfway to her knees.

In her left hand, she held a crossbow and on her back and at her left hip, she knew she had quivers of bolts of various kinds, each kind in a separate compartment. On her right hip, a real sword hung in a gem-encrusted scabbard. A similarly bejeweled tiara encircled her forehead with her horn integrated into the design. She looked over her shoulder to see that a construction similar to her half-kilt circled the base of her tail and protected her rear elevation from hostile missiles and prurient vision.

"It's good to be a princess, I guess. I'm like Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and Comet the Super Horse all rolled into one," she muttered.

"THE FIRES STARTED BY YOUR COMPANION ARE BEING EXTINGUISHED BY LOCAL SAFETY CREWS," commented her ASS.

"Good," said Unicorna.

"SHE CAN START MORE FIRES. SHE WILL. MORE THAN THEY CAN OVERCOME, PROBABLY."

"I've got to gather the others," said the girl who used to be Lance Bollard.

"AFFIRMATIVE. YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE SITUATION ALONE, EITHER."

After she crossed the river, Princess Unicorna took a hard right onto Euclid Avenue.


# # #

"I love it when a plan comes together," said Gooma.

Twirt kimmeled, changing the music to the distortion-heavy version of "Eve of Destruction" by Public Enemy. "It's the Prom of Destruction," the alien stridulated.

If they had heads, the two bogtasses would have been banging them.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Welcome back

Enjoyed it.

Had to look up, pulchritudinous, however. :)

A thesaurus ...

erin's picture

is not just another ugly dinosaur. :)

Glad you liked it.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I liked the reference to the

I liked the reference to the Andrews Sisters. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, indeed.

(wait. If he didn't understand English, how did he know it was a bug, from Wug?)

Maybe I should pull my Keith Laumer books back out again.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Error in Translation

erin's picture

Babel Fish?

Seriously, I'm sure that we dirtians are not the only people in the galaxy to write bad translation software. :) Thanks for commenting.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

You know...

I'm not certain how many sentences into this you got me laughing, but it wasn't many. And I don't think I stopped laughing even for a bit until after I had read it all...

Good to know

erin's picture

I've been so frazzled lately, I wasn't sure it was funny at all.

Hugs and thanks,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

This whole series is superb,

This whole series is superb, you are the Douglas Adams of TG sci fi!! More Please!!

I'm zany?

erin's picture

Thanks. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Zany????

Andrea Lena's picture

Chapter 6

After mice, the most intelligent species on earth are the dolphins. Although they had long known that Earth was about to be destroyed, their attempts to communicate this knowledge to humanity were misinterpreted as attempts to jump through hoops for bits of fish. They left the Earth just prior to its destruction, but left humanity one last message, a triple backwards somersault through a hoop whilst whistling the Star Spangled Banner, when, in fact, the message was this: "So Long, and Thanks for Top Shelf!"

— The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Closet

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

At least

erin's picture

At least they didn't say squeety-squeet-squeet. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Erin! That was RUDE!

Erin! That was RUDE!


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

"This can't be happening!"

"I'm naked, I'm a girl, I can start fires and I've got a yen for men?" she said aloud. "This can't be happening!"

giggle.

Poor girl.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Poor girl?

erin's picture

She's a menace! LOL. Those poor firemen.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Delicate Flaming Footprints

terrynaut's picture

This story is almost too much fun. It's probably a good thing that the chapters are so short. I don't think I could handle any more at once. Squeet!

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Glad you're enjoying it

erin's picture

I have fun but it's real work to do something like this. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Silly is as silly does

erin's picture

Thanks. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Utterly silly

And I needed some silliness right now ^_^

Thank you for providing it, most esteemed Mistress of the Webs <3

It seems that all the actors in this story have been Starstruck

in more ways than just one. Maybe there will b a chapter 10? It is interesting that the alien teenagers saw fit to turn the four criminal bullies into female super villains, instead of leaving them for the police to pick up. But, then again, when you are intergalactic teenagers, joyriding in a borrowed (stolen?) jumpship, you tend to want to have fun. So, making Vic into Vicki Starr, a super heroine, it just goes that the four that were chasing Vic, become the super criminal masterminds they were before the teenagers decided their fate. Nice story, Erin.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & Hugs,

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl in me, then I have the right to be."

great story

will there be more later as this is fantsitic