MAU Superman & Supergirl Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

The seemingly random flicker of light was coming from a rather dated television, but it was the only source of light in an otherwise darkened room. He didn’t mind that the Agency he’d worked for the last few years had sent him out to remote places always to work another case. What he did mind he was the fact he was now only just ten weeks out from him being forced into retirement date and they had given him a new recruit to train.

“Well so much for expecting things to go easy for me. “ He muttered aloud still watching the evening news and what the Newsies were already calling the Story of the 21st Century. It always amazed him that with each passing year they tried to squeeze more information onto the screen to the point that it was beginning to even obscure the anchor desk and its occupants. They were even now looping someone’s footage shot from of all things a person’s camera phone in a split screen. The talking heads were even at it too and they weren’t wasting time by not offering up their options about what really was going on.

“Damn gibbering monkeys! As usual they had it all wrong!” He grumbled aloud lifting his heavy girth up and out of the recliner he’d been sitting in. He reached for the remote and muted the commentator in mid sentence. He did have to admit privately at least that the reporter on scene seemed to be dealing with the whole situation rather well. “All this probably would mean a eventual boost in her career.” He said aloud for no one in particular. For him it only meant another long weekend and lots of follow up paperwork. Almost as if on queue his secure cell phone went off on his belt.

He waited patiently till the audible chirp told him that the cipher key had been accepted on both ends before speaking “Hello, This is Special Agent K speaking.” He wasn’t surprised that it was his young anxious recruit. He listened to her tempted to interrupt, but he relented and just waited for her to run out of steam.

“-So since you’re the senior officer on call…Sir haven’t you been watching any of the news channels?” The youthful Agent L asked earnestly. He did respond until he was sure that she was truly finished. From what he could recall of her file she’d worked for a about five years she had actual experience with investigations and field work experience but in his book that didn’t amount to very much when you consider what his agency dealt solely with. Even now so close to retirement he’d have nightmares about what someone might think up with those strange metal boxes.

“It looks like we’re going to Las Vegas kiddo. Are your things packed?” He said finally it was a dumb question he knew, but he asked it anyway.

“Sir, The Agency directives are quite clear about field agents always must have-” She spoke with almost drilled practice, before he interrupted her with his usual brusqueness. It annoyed him that she kept trying to impress him, by quoting the regulations for verbatim and talking about the cases she’d solved while at the Bureau. He just wanted to tell her to shut up and to do her job, and that would impress him but instead he wanted to show some tact towards her.

“I know our directives… I’m sorry that I asked a dumb question like that. We are not in class in the standard sense our classroom is out there. Have you started to make the necessary arrangements for our trip west?” He tried in his most friendliness manner he could manage. Deep inside him, he knew that she was a good kid and showed some promise. It wasn’t her fault he was being forced into retirement due to his health.

“I’m just about finished up making our arrangements we can be at the scene in less the four hours, three if we rush.” She answered promptly. From the sound coming through her cell he could hear her typing on her laptop.

“Good Job so far, I’ll meet you at the car in say fifteen minutes?” She agreed and he decided to offer her some friendly advice. “Don’t forget to keep all of your receipts on this trip and from the last one. If you’d thought it was hard trying to get reimbursement check from the Bureau. Think about how hard is going to be with a agency that isn’t supposed to exist!”

“…Understood Sir! I’ve finished arranging for our transportation.” The line went silent momentarily before she asked nervously “Do you think we can find a way to contain this?”

Special Agent K had to smile at that he had been thinking the same thing, since he’d seen the footage. Special Agent K felt he could have some levity with her now.

“Unless we’ve managed to develop a Brain Neuralizer like those guys had in the movies, I’d say yes, but since we haven’t well you know the story.” There was another silent pause, before he heard the line go dead.

* * *

For the moment Kal-EL felt as confused as everyone else. At the time he’d thought that they both were enjoying the attention, but now after the fact he realized that he should’ve been listening more closely to her and voiced concerns she’d made. Now all he could do is stare upward at the near perfect melted hole in the glass above. As far as he could guess not single drop of molten glass had landed anywhere on the crowded foyer below. He’d even called out to her, knowing she would still be able to hear his voice and perhaps change her mind and come back. Deep inside he knew this was only wishing thinking, and what he really had to do was that he needed to go after her, but he also needed to take advantage of the situation and lay the ground work for his plan here at figuratively ground zero.

Superman? Why did she do that? I only wanted to know if the two of you were a couple.” Melissa Duran asked somewhat confused, but he noted that she was recovering quickly.

“Superman isn’t she related to you?” Someone in the crowd had enough courage to call out aloud. A number of murmuring voices already seemed to have agreed with the statement. He didn’t say anything he was busy marshalling his plan and covered his inaction by looking upward towards the direction were Supergirl had fled only minutes before.

“Superman?” She repeated once more, he didn’t have to look he could almost feel that the camera was still focused on him.

“I’m sorry I think that everything was just happening to quickly for her. I probably should chase after her.” It was an opening and she took it.

“She’s very special to you isn’t she?” She asked smiling kindly towards him. She even went as far as to touch him on his sleeve as if in moral support. Kal-El nodded his head in agreement and actually meant it, he didn’t know at what point he had started to care for her, and now that she had taken off like that he begun to miss her company.

“Your right she is very special to me, but probably more than you realize.” He finally responded before pausing again, she nodded for him to continue. He originally had planned to at some point to tell his fable to a male reporter, but as he considered his options he figured that perhaps it would be better this way to have a woman’s perception of his well planned out cover story. It might give it the extra realism it would need to stand up to public option, he concluded privately.

“Kara and I have known each other since we both can remember and I made a promise to watch out for her to her parents.” He looked upward again, as if he was still looking for her.

“Are there others like you?” Melissa asked pointedly trying to gain control of her impromptu interview. She didn’t know very much about the comic book world or much about the people that followed it almost religiously. She originally had been here on assignment only to interview some of the events coordinators for a possible spot on the evening news. That assignment had changed the very moment that the skywalk had almost collapsed into the foyer bellow. That was until as if two costume characters had literally stepped out of the comic pages to save the day. If her cameraman hadn’t caught that scene on tape she wouldn’t of believed it, and now she was glad she’d come. Now she was glad that she failed in trying to pawn her assignment onto someone else with less seniority.

Kal-El’s gaze swept the growing crowd and turned to face the reporter once again. Everything that had happened recently wasn’t according to his original plan but he knew that he could make a few adjustments to it. “Miss Duran to answer your question as far as both I and Kara know there is nobody left from our world. And —“ he paused looking into the spectators he need to put a nail in this part of the story now “If anybody cares to know both Kara and I are not related by any ancestral lineage. Both of our parents were only close associates.”

Unfazed Melissa followed up with another question. “I might not know a lot about the comic book superhero universe, but this all sounds like to much of a coincidence. You or rather I should say the two of you are the supposed survivors of a dead race of aliens from a doomed world.” A number of murmured voices seemed to have agreed with another of her assessments as well.

Kal-El knew he had to be careful in how he proceeded so he selected his next words with care. “I know that it is remarkably sounds to much like a coincidence, but haven’t you considered that it just might be that, and nothing less. I’m not saying that we came from a planet named Krypton or that my name is really Kal-El or her name is Kara Zor-El. But please look at it from our own prospective Kara and I did happen to have come from a dying world. By some amazing roll of the dice we would have similar abilities that are virtually identical to a fictional race of beings you’ve named Kryptonians. While on our trek here we listened to your radio broadcasts and television transmissions almost constantly. At the time we really didn’t know what they were until we found a way to decipher them. All we knew at the time was that we had found intelligent life that was similar to us and to better understand you we went as far as to access some of your computer databases when we were much closer to world. In the hope of finding more about your species and quite by accident we’d discovered these fictional characters. Maybe it was partly vanity on my part but we both agreed that we needed a way to better integrate into your world so we decided to adopt these two fictional personas as our own. We meant no offense we’d just wanted to appear in a manner somewhat familiar and as non threatening to you as we could.”

“If this is all true then could perhaps you can tell me both of your names right now.” Kal-El acted as if he didn’t understand what she had meant. So she decided to take another approach. “I think we can all understand about your wanting to appear non threatening and I for one think we appreciate the effort. But maybe its time for you to tell us your real names and what is the name of your former world?” She countered still not fully convinced the natural skeptic of things continued its resistance, but a part of her wanted to believe.

“I wish that we could tell you but as you might guess your language is not our native language in fact I don’t think we have one of our own.” After saying that he continued cutting her off. “As we observed your world we tried learning a number of your languages but we only had time to learn one means of communicating and based on the amount of data we had collected to date we choose to learn English. You see while we have had functional vocal cords our species since as far back as our history records. We have not had need of a spoken language for several of your millennia. I’m no scholar or as you call them scientist but I think in time your species will eventually learn to do so as ours had done. All I know about why our ancestors took this step was in order to better communicate amongst ourselves and improve the flow of knowledge. Who knows perhaps just as in our case you’ll find a means to use your own minds to communicate?“ He waited for their reaction. Here was where it gets tricky now, he thought.

“So could you tell me what your name is, via your mind to mine?” She asked hopefully. She was scared of the thought of communicating this way, but it intrigued her nonetheless.

“Once again I wish we could but, we’ve discovered prior to our arrival that our brains theta patterns are tuned much differently then yours. Remember it took our species a very long time to learn how to do it and to be quite honest the means of how we finally accomplished this feat could not considered natural by any means. Our species is or was quite adept at genetic manipulation, many of our abilities we’ve demonstrated recently came from such efforts, and sadly it was one of the reasons that ultimately doomed our world and ultimately our civilization.” Kal-El finished then hoping that his actions didn’t look too artificial he tried looking upward sadly as if he was trying to find his home. He even tried pretending to have unexpectedly summoned back into existence an unpleasant memory of their supposedly tragic ordeal.

Melissa Duran looked with concern at the being before her, genetic manipulation was still in its infancy here on earth, she knew that much, but she also had heard of some of the possible horror stories it had the potential of inflicting on the world. She didn’t know why but she again reached out and touched his arm. “What happened to your world and race?” She asked compassionately.

He looked down at her and smiled weakly before starting. “Even my people have had their dark periods in our history, we were far from perfect, and regrettably we just happened to end our civilization on a rather dark chapter. A small group of our populace had in time had come to consider that mantle of godhood was within their reach. So they secretly started a eugenics program to force our species in that direction, the majority of the populace, my parents and Kara’s among them eventually caught on and rejected their program and tried their best to resist. The resulting conflict wiped out all life on our planet and planetary system.”

“That’s horrible, but how did you both escape?” She asked inquisitively. Once again there was a murmurs of agreement from the assembled crowd. Kal-El couldn’t tell for sure, but it sounded to him that the majority of them were beginning to believe it.

“Our parents saved us, they sent us off amongst the stars with the vain hope that we could find a new world to call home. That’s one of the reasons we came here, we both saw a lot of potential in your kind and wanted to help in anyway we can. In the hope that you’d take our tragic lesson to heart so you wouldn’t make the same mistakes we did. That’s the least we could do for our parents and our adoptive world.”

“You’re talking as if they are dead? Didn’t they somehow survive too?” She asked feeling sorry for him and his friend.

“By now our parents are probably are gone. At the time of the last attack Kara and I happened to be on what you’d consider an interplanetary scout vessel returning to our world. Because at the time we had been on a vital mission to the outer part of our system. I must be truthful even though we had the majority of the population eventually with us we were losing and it was only a matter of time. When he came within communication range my father contacted us and told us that under no circumstances should we return home. A genetic crippling plague engineered by the other side had gotten out of hand and somehow it had started to spread to all corners of our world. Somehow it found a means through our quarantine procedures and everybody was eventually infected. Our parents included, everybody still alive were calling both Kara and I the precious jewels of our world.” Kal-El explained he had been thinking about this part of plan ever since he found that metal case and figured out what it could do.

“So how did you both escape?” She asked the look of awe was spreading like a disease from person to person around them. He had always been told that he could tell a good story. Now for the final part of his narrative, he thought excitingly. He had though about this story for so long he was even beginning to believe it.

“Our spacecraft had very limited capabilities and was only intended for interplanetary travel. But fortunately for us our species had mastered the science of gravity exploitation to the point that we even gave ourselves a limited ability to do so by genetic manipulation.” He let that detail simmer before continuing. “Our parents and some of the others helped us the only way they could by providing us with enough gravimetric distortion that we were able to ride a wave if you could call it that from star to star. But as our ship was really designed for such travel we had a very limited means of navigating on the wave front our parents had created. What this means is after almost what you’d describe as a six thousand light year ride it ended once we departed from the wave front we’ve essentially become stranded in this system.”

“Couldn’t you just recreate that gravimetric distortion of yours?” Someone in the crowd suggested trying to help. Kal-El was ready for this sort of question and shook his head sadly once again.

“You must understand that both Kara and I are what you would call probationary apprentices or better yet in terms appropriate to your culture High School Graduates. We both had not yet elected on what sort of profession to start our apprenticeships in when the conflict between the two sides were set in motion. What this ultimately means is we actually know very little of how or why our technology works the way it does or did. We did our best by scouting the outer system for possible refuge for our side.” He paused and looked at Melissa Duran with an ashamed look on his face, and continued. “It was perhaps that reason that spared us the fate of our parents and species.” He finished even he felt like he was going to cry.

“So you’re here now what are you both going to do now!” Someone again asked from within the audience. Melissa was getting to a certain extent frustrated by the people trying to cut into her interview, but realized that this was important question. So she repeated it herself.

“We only wish to help your species by whatever means we can. I would like to emphatically stipulate that we have no desire for power and will do our best to remain neutral in your nations disputes. We however will provide assistance to people in need all we ask is that we can live in peace among you.” Kal-El finished feeling spent. The silence around him worried him, until the cheering and clapping by the people around him started to hammer him in waves like on a beach. Included among them was the lone reporter who was trying her best not to cry and was losing the fight. He waved at the crowd and in the process spotted the stunned looks of Alyssia and her boyfriend Paul. He decided it wouldn’t hurt to smile at them directly and shrugged his shoulders as if in apology for not telling them everything sooner. He returned his attention back to the reporter.

“Right now however, I really need to go find my companion. I’ll be back once I find her.” Not waiting for her or anybody else to ask another question he soared upward into the air and through the hole that Kara had made earlier. Now I just have to tell Kara that I don’t want to change back he mused as he began his search, and hopefully she was willing to listen to him and even better join him.

* * *

Elsewhere in a distant airport terminal two passengers were waited patiently for their turn to board the aircraft. They were watching the video feed that was available at the terminal gate and just as everyone else seemed to be doing. They could only stand there in amazement.

“Sir do you think that this might be something else entirely I mean other then the metallic boxes we’re commissioned to investigate?” Agent L asked quietly. The network channel switched back to their main anchor when the live feed from Las Vegas ended. From her tone he could tell that she wanted to believe it. Hell even he was tempted to believe, but perhaps he was just to damn cynical he thought as he shook his head regretfully and spoke in the same hushed tones she had.

“No this smells to me like just another case, but I do have to admit that kid sure can tell a convincing story and if we can’t turn them back into whoever they really are this might be the cover story we are looking for.

“SIR!” she said aloud before remembering where they were. “But Agency Directive 13 Section 2 says that we must contain the knowledge of those metal cases from the eyes of the public, by any means necessary.” She continued more quietly but still with the same urgency and tone she had memorized it being explained to her. He looked at her earnestly and keeping his voice level but filled with a trace of sarcasm.

“Well I didn’t bring my Brian Neuralizer, did you?” She shook her head sullenly like a child who was being corrected in the store by a parent. “Besides I don’t think we have anything in our inventory or from the DoD that could take them out. This kid may have given us a way out of this mess.” He would’ve continued in his explanation, but it was their turn to board the plane and the people behind them were growing restless once more.

* * *

Even before its doors had fully parted all the way. David un-ceremonially started pushing his way out of the elevator to get out onto his floor.

“Hey kid how about saying ‘Excuse me, Please’ next time!” An irritated voice called from within the elevator cab, just as the doors were closing. Walking quickly away, David hadn’t even bothered to look back to catch a glimpse of the individual who had the gall to call him a kid. In truth he’d known since as far back as he could remember that his lofty birth would only naturally entitle him look down on everybody beneath him. To his relief, not that it would’ve mattered too much, he nonetheless was pleased to see that no one else appeared to be on this floor. Walking down the hallway he couldn’t help to be disgusted by the outdated décor, granted it looked well kept, but he hoped that whoever had selected it had been terminated for incompetence.

Pulling out a keycard he quickly slipped into the doors reader slot and waited impatiently for it to recognize it and he was rewarded with an audible click as the doors’ locking mechanism disengaged, there by allowing him to swing the door open enough for him to enter. Not knowing how long he had, he quickly went to work, some people would regard what he did was akin to borderline kleptomania. To be honest he really didn’t give a damn what they thought. He only collected mementos from famous people, and as far as he was concerned Superman and Supergirl would more than qualify and hence fair game. Besides, he thought airily. If Supergirl was so super she should’ve noticed that when he hugged her. He was also had successfully lifted her keycard without her even knowing that he’d done so, he mused continuing his search of their room.

“Damn it! Don’t these people have anything worth taking?” he muttered in frustration. Sitting on the edge of the bed he fingered her sleepwear and decided against taking it, after all even he had standards. He stood up, feeling a little angry about not being able to leave with something. When he felt the back of his heel nudge something hidden under the bed. Not wasting any time he pulled whatever it was hidden from view and the instant he saw it he knew he’d hit paydirt. Grabbing whatever the metal box was he hurriedly snuck back to his room and with a sense of urgency he opened his own door and slammed the door shut after rushing inside. Tossing the keycard to the table he was for once happy that he’d listened to Paul and had gotten his own room. Fortunately there had been a recent cancellation when they had arrived and he’d paid cash for it.

Now with a little bit of privacy he could examine his recent prize. Needing to have some background noise, he flipped on the television and randomly selected one of the movie channels. Surprisingly the box didn’t seem to weight very much and that disappointed him that it might not have anything really inside. Still curious he began to feel around its surface when it started to quiver in his hands, and not knowing what else to do he let it drop to the floor in front of him.

“What in the Hell!” David muttered aloud. Whatever the metal box was it had transformed into something that looked more like a telephone booth or a better description would be one of those self-photography kiosks found at one of those lower class malls in local suburbia, he thought. Stepping closer to examine it he jumped unexpectedly when he heard a loud explosion nearby. Gearing himself up to explain how he’d come to have this strange thing, he turned around and quickly remembered that he turned on the television set to act as a diversion for others. The explosion had apparently come from the show that was playing at the moment. He reached for the remote and turned the sound down but still audible enough for him hear it. He’d always liked the movie Spiderman.

Still thinking about the famous web crawler he resumed his inspection of the tall man sized box. He found an odd shaped colored crystal and touched it with his hand. Staring at what had to be a display he watched in wonder, as the lifelike image of the same would be hero came into focus. Even as he was beginning to understand that he might have been the source for the image. His hand brushed against another crystal and quite abruptly a doorway that had not existed before suddenly appeared. Not knowing what else to do David stepped into the opening. As quickly as it had appeared the doorway disappeared leaving him trapped inside.

Before he could even think of crying for help the opening appeared once more. Not sure what had just happened he quickly stepped out of the booth and instantly knew something profound had just happened to him. The first sensation was feeling that he was swathed in some sort of garment that had to cover him from head to toe. It almost felt like he was naked, and it even appeared to cover his face and eyes. But he found that he didn’t have any trouble seeing. Looking downwards at himself he started to laugh he did really now exactly how but he knew that his costume had changed into the one worn by the web slinger, because of that wonderful booth.

“What the?” He could already start to tell that many other changes had been made besides his attire. He felt stronger, more alive and if he concentrated on things about him more in tune with everything nearby. On a hunch he jumped upward and with acrobatic skill he did have before now he was hanging upside down from the ceiling. Looking back at the booth and then at the television, he started to make the connection.

“Holly Shit! This is so perfect!” Just then he felt what was best described as an electric jolt travel though his spine. Also at the same time he heard someone outside his door. But as far as he was concerned he’d remember shutting the door and throwing his keycard on the tabletop. So it was rather alarming for him to see the door handle turn freely and his supposedly locked door swing open. Only then did it finally occur to him that his keycard had been in the reader slot all this time and the one on the table was Supergirl’s.

“David I have to tell you- Why is your card in th-” Alyssia stopped when she noticed the large booth and almost collapsed in fright when she realized that someone was hanging upside down from the ceiling.

“Who are you? What is that thing and where is my brother?” She cried aloud her distress must of alerted Paul in the hallway because he rushed in ready to defend her only to stop dead in his tracks.

“What are you and what the hell is that thing?” David demanded finally coming to his girlfriend’s aid. Once again taking step forward, but now in his attack stance.

David smiled and then it occurred to him that besides not seeing who he was they couldn’t see him smiling at them. Holding a hand out he stood upright and reached up and removed his mask the whole while still smiling at them. Part of him wondered what it looked like to them for him to be suspended upside down like he was. To say that they were stunned would be a understatement, but they eventually remembered that the could speak.

“OK David. Are you going to tell us how you’re able to do this? Or are you going to make us beg?” They both asked in near perfect unison. While their suggestion sounded appealing to him he decided against it. Instead David motioned for Paul to close the door and once he had he slowly started to explain what he had found. Even after this short of period he was finding the experience of hanging from the ceiling quite invigorating.

* * *

Kara Zor-El had been perched on the same rock outcropping for so long she was beginning to question if she’d be able to stand without her legs aching. The tears had finally stopped coming, but that wasn’t important because she didn’t feel the need to cry anymore. Before her transformation the concept that a good cry was therapeutic for the soul would’ve sounded very cliché. That changed after her own rite of passage into at least that aspect of womanhood. It had sometimes bothered her that woman were often referred to as the weaker sex, just because they were more inclined to cry then men were.

That thought brought back memories of how Kacy’s own father had gone out of his way to bully and sometimes coerce his only offspring to always be in control of his emotions and never show any sign of weakness. As Kacy she had tried desperately to do just that all in a futile effort to seek his stern and as it turned out his uncompromising approval. As she’d reflected on this, still sitting on the rock she finally came to the grim conclusion that Kacy was a mentally scared if not handicapped creature.

“Stupid Bastard!” She muttered angrily looking out onto the lagoon of the atoll, not realizing that she had said it aloud in the process.

“I hope that you don’t mean me, do you?” A serious but also humorous voice surprised her from behind. Startled, but not totally surprised about him finding her she didn’t bother to turn to look at him. Instead she continued to gaze out in to the lagoon.

“Kara?” Kal-El asked again. He took a step closer to her but stopped his advance when he saw her shoulders sag. “Are you ok?” His concern was fairly unmistakable to her, and another time she would’ve liked the attention.

She sighed wearily and stood up from her perch, absently noting that indeed her legs had become a little stiff, but not as bad as she’d expected. Looking at Kal-El she almost smiled at him because of the fretful look he was giving her, but decided not to let him off the hook for a little bit longer.

“Took you long enough to find me here, what were you doing? Maybe you’re trying to convince that lovely reporter interviewing you into becoming your publicist?” She meant that as a joke, but his fleetingly introspective expression alarmed her somewhat. “You didn’t?” She asked incredulously.

“Hey…Easy there!” Kal-El held up his hands to ward her off, she had actually come up rather close to him in the process, stopping mere inches from him to stare at his ‘S’ symbol on his chest. She didn’t want to look him in the eye, and like all men it took him a moment to figure out what really was bothering her. Which was surprising because she hadn’t consciously considered the prospect herself.

“Whoa…what are you talking…Kara your not jealous are you?” He asked intrigued by the possibility himself also. She looked at him intently and actually considered the possibility that she really was indeed jealous of how he had been interacting with that admittedly attractive reporter.

“Well?” Kal-El asked.

“Kal-El, I don’t know anymore… Everything is just happening so fast…I’m feeling so confused lately. I…” She was interrupted when he surprised her by taking her into his arms and kissing her deeply on the mouth. The part of her that was growing quieter with each passing hour tried to resist feebly but ultimately failed. Kara didn’t care she’d melted into his arms and began to kiss him back. She didn’t know how long they were like that and she didn’t care anymore. Reluctantly they broke their kiss but neither one of them made any attempt of moving out of each other’s arms.

“It still took you a long time to find me?’ She questioned teasingly. He smiled at her and looked around them. There probably wasn’t another soul for several hundred kilometers and he couldn’t recall how many atolls he had searched before finding her.

“It’s a big ocean you know there has to be over five thousand islands out there.” He answered derisively but his playful expression took the unintentional sting out of his words.

She partly pulled back from his embrace and smiled playfully back at him. “Actually its more like forty five thousand.” She corrected tartly. Before putting her head on his shoulder. She had always like geography while the precise count wasn’t really known her number was close enough.

“Touché…” Kal-El answered back playfully, he looked out at the inviting warm lagoon spread out before him and on an impulse asked her if she wanted to take a swim with him. At first she thought he was joking but after looking in to his eyes she knew that he was serious. Just as she about to say no she considered it more carefully. There was nobody around, the sun was warm on her shoulders and that water did look inviting. Not believing that she was doing it but she took him up on his suggestion.

Momentarily stunned by how Kara had so readily accepting his idea he was still gaping at her until she finally motioned for him to turn around. Not knowing what else to say he nodding dumbfounded, while he quickly turned around to give her some privacy before shaking his head to clear out the cobwebs so he’d could focus his own attention on first removing his red cape. After fumbling around for a bit he finally managed to remove it, taking the time to carefully fold it. He quickly found a dry place to put it somewhere that he’d remember where it was and he also remembered to secrete their room’s keycard into its folded material. While they both could probably go swimming dressed as they were he was thinking of something more appropriate for their surroundings. Kal-El didn’t waste anytime on concentrating on anything to complex he simply changed his costume into a dark blue jammer style swimsuit that hugged his form and reached down to his mid thigh. They were just was like the pair of swim trunks he’d worn when he was still on the swim team in high school. Deciding that he still was not finished with it yet, he added a swath of red color along his left leg and on the other side he on an impulse decided to add a stylized ‘S’ just for show.

“Well Kara I hope that you like-” He stopped mid sentence his mouth agape at the vision standing there before him and for the life of him he couldn’t remember what he was going to say. She didn’t know what had come over her while she was altered her costume into a very revealing string bikini, perhaps it had been an impulsive reaction to having been kissed or the voice inside her had finally given up. Regardless of why she did it she instantly was relieved that her companion was impressed.

“Do you like it?” Kara Zor-El asked demurely, she really didn’t need to ask such an obvious question. If anything the tent growing in his tight trunks was indication enough for her to know that he did, she noticed. In retrospect she too had decided to go with the same dark blue color scheme he had used. The string bikini she had formed from her mind covered the most revealing parts of her own genitalia, but this did mean that it wasn’t revealing enough. How it fit perfectly on her supple skin it almost appeared to him that it might as well have been painted on her.

“Wow! Kara… I …your bikini… Ah…swim suit really looks fantastic on you.” He stammered while scratching his head in utter amazement. Having finally remembered how to use his jaw and tongue once more. They didn’t need to say anything else to each other. Instead Kara just simply held out her hand and Kal-El took it and they both rushed into the warm inviting lagoon. Not thinking that they were behaving as if they were like any young couple. Who also happened to be on their first swim date.

Kara enjoyed the warm, but still soothing water over her exposed skin as she glided through it. It was play and they both reveled in the experience. Even before his transformation, Kal-El as Matt had been a very talented swimmer, and he liked to show off what he could do. If it wasn’t for the fact she had powers too she wouldn’t be able to keep up with him. But somehow he still managed to pull ahead of her, that was until he rather quite abruptly came to stop and then hurriedly motioned for her to catch up to him. It didn’t take her long before she caught up with him and found herself treading water like him near one of the corners of the crescent shaped lagoon.

“What’s up? Why’d you stop?” She queried her own interest now was starting to peak. Instead of answering her directly he motioned with his hand for her to look below them. Still interested in what was so engrossing to him, she decided to play along and peered down into the crystal clear water. Other then swimming in a public pool Kara Zor-El had never seen water so remarkably clear that she could see all the way to the bottom of the reef below. Considering that they were floating over the object it didn’t take brainiac to guess that it was what he was so interested in. If she hadn’t looked closer she might of missed it. But despite the amount of coral that was obscuring much of it surface and the angle of how it rested on the bottom of the reef it was now unmistakable.

“It’s a boat!” She exclaimed eagerly. Kal-El smiled at her, but shook his head negatively.

“Close, but it actually looks like a old freighter from the Pacific Campaign.” He corrected in his usual temperament that always meant that he knew what he was talking about. Of course she already knew that he was a World War Two history buff she also knew that it was better just to play along.

“Really? How do you know it comes from that particular war? This wreck could’ve from the first world war.” She countered. After all she too knew a lot about world history, and considering she or in reality Kacy was going to major in International Affairs in college someday should’ve been enough.

“Well… I think it came from the Pacific Campaign. Hey do you want to go below and check it out with me?” His slow comeback, could’ve meant that he actually remembered who he was talking to. His own area of expertise was more of the Math and Science variety. It wasn’t surprising to her thought considering that until his mother had changed her profession to become a obstetrician she and before that Matt’s parents were two of the best geneticists in the country.

“Nah… You go ahead I’ll wait up here and enjoy the view. Just don’t take very long.” Even before she finished the last sentence he’d had already taken a deep breath and dived beneath the surface. From above the wreck she watched as he waved up at her and disappeared into the once proud oceanic traveler.

She spent her time scanning the horizon, and with her superhuman vision she could see everything with perfect clarity. When they were designing one the many parameters of their new personas they had to be realistic was how far Superman and in her case Supergirl could actually see distant objects. Matt had pointed out that the visual horizon was actually a function of the height of a object and also of the viewer. As a compromise they had increased their possible visual acuity by several thousand folds. For instance a cargo vessel that had just entered her own visual horizon she could make out every detail of the vessel from the numerous rust trails down the length of its black hull to what looked like an exhausted ship’s cook flicking a cigarette over the side.

Still watching the vessel move further away she felt something brush against the bottom of her foot. Thinking it was Kal-El below her playing around with her, Kara Zor-El switched her gaze from the departing ship to the water below and froze in horror. All around her were literally hundreds of sharks that seemly had appeared out of nowhere. Other then seeing them in aquariums and television this was the first time she’d been this close to them. One thing that was quickly apparent to her was that the fear Kacy had about these creatures translated to her because she also had the same reaction towards them.

Like any person who’d grown up with cable television she’d had watched her share of the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week annual series. Based on the tail color and their rough location in the Pacific Ocean she could probably accurately guess that the majority of them were of the Oceanic whitetip variety. While smaller then the famed Great White this particular species was all to known as a aggressive, but slow-moving fish. Unfortunately it was notoriously known for the classic ‘feeding frenzies’ made fashionable by the popular media. Despite all this she couldn’t understand why they were interested in her. They were normally attracted to survivors of shipwrecks, because of their panic thrashing about, but in her case she was trying to remain calm and was only treading water to stay afloat. It seemed to her dismay that the numbers of sharks were increasing as was their interest in her. Kara was starting to grow increasing nervous and upset, it didn’t occur to her that they couldn’t possibly hurt her. The fear was hindering her ability to think clearly as well as acting in concert with her thoughts.

Fortunately for Kara she didn’t have to do anything. The surface of the water exploded in a froth of foam with Kal-El breaching it like missile. Rising his arms upright above him and with inhuman speed swung both arms downward to slap the surface. The resulting sonic pulse rippled through the water as if large explosion had occurred. Frightened, the horde of sharks quickly dispersed and disappeared from the immediate confines of the lagoon.

“Oh… Kal-El…Thank you!” She leaped into his arms of her would be rescuer with a start. Before he could say anything she covered his mouth with hers. This precise kiss was even more passionate then before and the dampness in between her legs she was feeling wasn’t from the water surrounding them.

“Kal-El lets go back to the beach.” She whispered suggestively into his ear, and if anything her new demeanor was an good indication of her intentions

“Are you sure?” He asked hesitantly, trying to cover his own excitement. If he had any doubt about her true intentions it quickly faded when she wordlessly began to seductively nibble his earlobe and stroke his growing manhood through his swimwear. Needing no further encouragement from her and since both of them were still entwined in each others arms. Kal-El effortlessly levitated out of the water and floated back towards the beach.

They didn’t need to say anything else to each other and besides as far as they were concerned words couldn’t express accurately how they were feeling at this moment. Kara and Kal-El briefly parted ways as he went to retrieve his cape and spread it flat on the surface as a makeshift blanket.

Waiting until he was finished and she was the focus of his attention once more. Kara couldn’t help smiling at him as she reached behind her one handed and deftly pulled the tie string loose and with a quick motion freed her breasts for him to gaze wantonly at. Clearly intrigued by the dream before him and not wanting to waste any further time he awkwardly removed his swimwear almost tripping himself in the process.

If it embarrassed him he didn’t let on now free of its restrictive confinement his large erect penis bobbed up and down like a dive board. Kara felt her checks growing warmer and if she was feeling aroused before she was incredibly horny now. Her pulse quickened and she felt her supple skin grow warmer then it was already. Wanting to entice him for just a little longer she made a show of grabbing the pull strings on either side of her thong between her finger tips. Then taking her time she ever so agonizingly slowing pulled them loose trying to tantalize him playfully. Kal-El was watching intently and started to stroke his penis, watching this she licked her lips hungrily. With a final tug on the strings her thong dropped freely away presenting her mons veneris in all of its glory to her soon to be lover.

“My God Kara your even more beautiful then I could’ve ever imagined.” He moaned in awe of the vision standing before him. As one they stepped closer to each other and hem made the first move reaching out with his hand he cupped one of her pert breasts and whilst massaging it he playfully flicked her nipple with his thumb until it became fully engorged with blood. She could the pressure growing quicker now. The trickle of vaginal secretions were quickly becoming a flood running down her leg. She moaned in excitement and tilted her head back in delight. See the effect his touch was having on her he expertly used the other hand to tease her sensitive folds below, whilst his lips began to gently trace her neck and shoulders.

Kara felt her knees give way, but Kal-El was there and supported her whilst he gently laid her down on the makeshift blanket he’d thoughtfully prepared. She parted her legs for him and hoped she didn’t have to wait too long. Knowing that she was ready he quickly positioned himself between her legs and gently leaned forward. Kara never thought she would be doing this in her life but she found herself taking hold of his hard member and helped guide it into her waiting vagina. He pushed slowly into her and she grimaced slightly due to some minor pinching the pain quickly faded as it had come on. He paused letting his love to give her time to prepare before he pushed deeper into her a breathy gasp broke free from her lips and if she’d thought that a simple vibrator could pleasure her she was sadly mistaken.

Once he sheathed his sword inside of her he slowly pulled it out and then thrust forward with his pelvic muscles again. Her eyes filled with pure ecstasy and Kara honestly didn’t know how long they were at it, but she found herself moaning with pleasure whilst her body quaked with pleasure from the repeated orgasms she was having. She arched her back and reveled in the high she was feeling.

“Oh… Kal-El…fuck me harder!” She moaned aloud. He grunted as he obliged her and increased his pace and wasn’t long before his efforts were rewarded with a even louder moan from her then before and her nails tried in vain to penetrate his invulnerable skin. Kara somehow found the strength to wrap her sweat covered legs around him and pulled him deeper into him. He paused long enough to stare into her eyes.

“Kara I love you.” He whispered truthfully, but he also know full well that she’d could hear him. Instead of saying anything she used her powers to flip both of them around. Until he was on bottom and she now straddled him between her legs. She controlled how far his still erect penis penetrated her and surprised herself how easily she could move her hips and feel the sensation increase when Kal-El grasped both of her breasts and started to massage them as if to encourage her even more then he already was doing. Her scent filled his nostrils and it smelled of fresh strawberries and his musky scent drove her wild with passion making her move her hips even faster. They both kept up with this pace until she felt him tense up and then without warning he exploded deep into her. The act of his own orgasm also caused her to climax and her body quaked from an orgasm far harder then ever before. He slumped back into the twisted makeshift blanket, Kara wasn’t even aware of him pulling his spent member out of her with a soft popping sound, she was still basking in her post orgasmic bliss. She collapsed next to him feeling fairly well spent by their combined efforts and she rolled over on to her side she wiggled her behind until she felt his slowly pulsing semi erect penis between her ass cheeks. As she drifted off into sweet blissful sleep she heard him whisper once again into her ear.

“Really do mean it Kara Zor-El I love you and want to be with you for the rest of my life.” But he was to late as she had already drifted off into sleep. Well I’ve never heard of the girl drifting off to sleep first, usually it was the guy that could stay awake, he mused to himself, before drifting off himself.

END of Part III.
Thank you for all of your comments. The fourth part is currently in outline form and may take some time considering it is the action chapter so please be patient. Please tell me what you think of how the story is progressing so far and your thoughts about development and actions of the characters.

up
42 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

MAU Superman & Supergirl Chapter 3

What about the MAU? Has it split, yet?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine