A letter to my Father

Printer-friendly version

A Letter to My Father

Dear Dad:

I wish I could give you this letter in person. I wish we could sit down and talk. We actually have a lot in common, you and me. Both of us have struggled with a sense of worthlessness, although it may have been for different reasons. But, you left this world a long time ago, and I can only grieve for the loss, and pray that you are now at peace. I wonder what you might have been like if you had somehow overcome the suicidal impulse and had been able to choose to live. What would you have thought, to have your youngest son at the ripe old age of 40 something say he was really your daughter?

I hope you would be as okay about it as Mom has been. I hope you could accept me as I am, and support my decision to let the real me out. Of course, its possible it would freak you out, but Mom would straighten you out in a hurry, I’m sure.

As I make my way forward, I find a need to look back, and get some closure, and so I find I have a lot I could talk to you about, but it can be summarized in two ideas..

I forgive you for leaving us, Dad.

But I miss you, now more than ever.

Your daughter,

Dorothy.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Forgiven

You are braver than I ever was.

Thats what I believe the reply would be.

thanks, Tels

I pray you're right.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

This was powerful Dorothy...

there's a depth of reality that can only come from the heart honey.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

thank you, Bailey

It felt really good to get this out.

Thanks for commenting.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

A letter to my Father

Very powerful

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine