Mission Impossible? Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Mission Impossible?

Chapter 13

“I’m sure the DEA or CIA will be more than happy to give us a tracking device for Amber to wear the next time she goes out with Corazon” the blonde major thought aloud.

“It was a spur of the moment decision that he took me. I happened to bump into Angel as he slipped out dressed as hotel maintenance.”

“Yes, and you put yourself in danger,” Logan snapped.

“I was in no danger,” the young operative replied.

His tone caused Amber to glance over at the handsome captain with a look of curiosity. He didn’t seem concerned but annoyed or even angry with her. She tried to meet his eyes; however, he turned away from her to look out the room’s window past the other hotels toward the distant ocean.

“We will discuss you not following protocol later… you should not always count on luck,” Janice said, “Right now we need to make sure you convince Corazon he wants you to be on the boat with him. I think…”

A ring tone of blaring horns and drums from Logan’s phone interrupted the woman’s conjecture. She stood up, reached for her purse and slipped her sunglasses on. She moved to the door where she paused briefly. She turned to the captain holding her hand out.

“Keys.”

Still speaking on the phone, Logan stopped his pacing long enough to dig into his tan Dockers to produce the rented SUV’s fob and key. He tossed them to her then she nodded at Amber to follow her out the door. Amber started out but dashed across Logan’s path to grab her purse and raised her hand to say goodbye. Logan only ignored her.

Hurt by the unusual lack of attention from him, Amber pouted as she walked next to the Major. She mulled over the Captain’s attitude towards her and was confused by it. She finally spoke to Janice about the matter while they shopped. Amber explained how Logan could seem so nice to her one moment but suddenly he could become harsh then sulky towards her. The t-girl commented to her mentor that Corazon was always sweet to her, well, except for the small incident on the boat. That was the only time he ever said anything cross or spoke loud to her. Amber continued that once you got to know him, Angel was actually a nice guy. She told her friend she felt that Logan was being just being an ass.

****************************************

“Dan likes to relax. He doesn’t want to get dressed up to have a good steak and beer. He wouldn’t feel comfortable in some place like The Tropic,” Logan said opening the chain steakhouse door for the two women, “besides this place has free peanuts.”

“Ooh, I cannot wait,” Janice replied rolling her eyes.

The CIA agent was seated at a table off to one side of the restaurant. Amber remembered him well; he was the older, powerfully built man who she met with in her interview with the Colonel. He stood as the group approached, extending a bear like paw to Logan who shook it heartily.

“Major, nice to see you,” he said nodding to Janice.

“White.” she smiled perfunctorily.

“Dan, you remember, Amber?” The captain asked.

“Yes, I remember. You look nice tonight.”

The polite comment caused her to flash a brilliant smile at the tall, distinguished looking man. He shook Amber’s offered hand gently. She immediately thought of the apparent contrast between herself and him. While her hand was delicate, smooth, and soft; his was massive, powerful, marked with calluses. This man emitted masculine strength. He was everything Arron was not and Amber did not want to be.

After the meal ended, the group gathered outside the restaurant chatting in the pleasant Miami night. Heading towards a rented Chevrolet Impala, Dan and Logan continued their in-depth pre-season football discussion. The two women dutifully followed the pair listening politely but with boredom showing on their faces. Arriving at the vehicle, the CIA field man reached into the vehicle for a large manila envelope then handed it to Major Brewer.

“Here’s the information you wanted on Fruto. Have you come up with something?” the large man asked lighting a filter-less Camel cigarette.

“You shouldn’t smoke,” Amber admonished.

“It’s been a habit for too long young lady,” he replied eyeing her.

“You should just sit them down and walk away.”

“Amber.” Janice said, not looking up from the contents of the packet. “White, I will call you and let you know. Scanning the information you brought me, it confirms a suspicion that I had. I have an idea that is still needs some thought before I propose it. We will get back with you in a couple of days.”

“Not a problem. I’ll let the DOD pick up another steak dinner,” the government agent continued, “ I want to say thanks for the heads up on Corazon’s leaving the hotel and how the coke is getting into the CONUS. We had a camera in the hall, but it was conveniently blocked for the few seconds he needed to get into the elevator. I’m still amazed he let her go with him on a drop. I’d thought he was too smart for that.”

“CONUS?” whispered Amber to Logan standing next to her.

“Continental United States, “he answered, “I’m surprised you never heard the acronym.”

“Hey, so I don’t know everything like some people,” she retorted with an elbow to his ribs.

Agent White ignored them and continued, “Why he is and Fruto picking up the drop? Where are the mules?”

********************************

Several days later, Amber knocked lightly on the beige hotel door with a gold 1722 tacked to it. She waited for a few seconds, rapped on it again, standing on her toes trying to see through its peep hole. She raised her hand to strike the door a third time, when she heard the chain slide back and the door open slowly.

“Chica, Que pasa?” Manuel asked.

“Nada. Y tu?” she grinned at him, “Donde esta Angel?

The big Latino lingered with a hand on door jamb, his large brown eyes dropped to the floor not meeting hers. Amber waited in the hall as the silence between them became awkward. She moved to go into the room but Manuel blocked her and shook his head no.
The t-girl stepped back wondering why he was being so rude. Amber studied the body guard for a short time, suddenly, Amber realized the reason.

“Let me in,” she demanded.

“No, chica. Go home.”

“Damn it, Manuel, let me in there,” she said trying to push him aside.

“Come back tomorrow, it would be better.”

The petite t-girl stared at him. The large man closed the door; Amber heard him chain it. She stood there only briefly then walked quickly back to the elevator. Mindful of the CIA and DEA cameras in the hallway she waited until the elevator doors shut before she let her tears fall down her cheeks.

Manuel heard the girl go down the hall before he returned to the suite’s living room where his guest sat. The American had contacted him earlier this week requesting to meet. She was very attractive, almost painfully neat with her long blonde hair pulled in a pony tail.

“Thank you, Manuel. That could have complicated things,” Janice Brewer said.

********************************

“I’m not going to do it. I’m done. You can get someone else to do it.”

“Amber, we told you what kind of man he was. This should not have been a shock to you,” Major Brewer said.

The trim woman sat down on the couch next to protégé, who had her arms wrapped around her drawn up knees, while the t-girl’s chin rested on their tops. Returning from her meeting, Major Brewer found Amber sitting in their apartment with a half eaten gallon of Blue Bunny Rocky Road on her lap watching TV. A simple series of questions compelled Amber to relate what happened at the hotel. Janice took the ice cream from the t-girl and explained to her women, real women, do not let men dictate their happiness.

“I don’t get him. I never would have treated a girl like that.”

“Corazon is not a real man. He pushes drugs on kids. He is a coward. He is a murderer. He is responsible for the deaths of policemen, DEA agents, and of many of his own people. He has even ordered the killing of families of people who work for him,” the intelligence officer explained.

Amber continued to stare past her mentor at nothing.

“We have another meeting with Agent White and Logan tonight. I need you to call Corazon and see if you can go with him the next time he goes out on his boat. I’m betting it is this weekend. Tell him about the surprise we picked out for him and you can’t wait to see him.

********************************

She climbed the stairs from the cabin out onto the deck. Amber strutted over to Angel then pirouetted, modeling her new hot pink bikini for him.

“Do you like it?” she asked.

“Yes, it is wonderful. You are very beautiful.”

“Thanks. Baby, could you put some suntan lotion on me?”

Angel smiled and took the offered bottle from his girlfriend. Amber laid on one of the side benches with orange seat covers. The Cartel deputy sat next to her, pouring Coppertone Dark Tanning Oil directly onto the small of her back. The girl-boy shuddered at the touch of cold liquid on her warm skin.

He rubbed the lotion across her shoulders and down her back. He poured more lotion on each of her legs rubbing it thoroughly into her skin. Amber let out a soft whimper of pleasure feeling his strong hands massaging her body. She reached under her hair to untie her bikini’s halter followed by untying the laces to her bra.

Angel continued to rub her back, occasionally, letting his hand slip down her sides to cup her tiny breasts. Amber caught her breath as his rough fingers traveled across her swollen, sensitive nipples. The Colombian caressed her body.

“Oh baby, your hands are maravilloso,” she complimented him.

He began to tease her by tracing the outline of her bikini panty then run his hands over her bottom. He continued to massage her spandex covered bottom but his hands eventually drifted down her cheeks between her thighs. His hands rubbed the oil into her thighs and slowly worked his way down her legs.

Amber moaned softly. She gave him a sultry stare over her shoulder at him then smiled. She returned to her original position but opened her legs wider for him.

“You are much smaller than all the others performers I’ve met. All were taller than me. It was always awkward with them but not with you.”

Amber turned over lying on her back leaving her chest uncovered. The large, white plastic bracelets jingled on her wrist when she took one of his hands in hers and placed it on her left breast.

“You are what I always wanted,” he confessed, “So feminine but still male.”

“Mmmm…mi amante…my lover,” Amber cooed.

Your Spanish is excellent, where did you learn it.”

“My mother was from Guadalajara but I also took several years in school.”

The Cartel deputy smiled at his lover. His hand slid off her breast traveled down her slim body to the edge of her bikini bottom.

“When I first saw you dance, I wanted you. Your second performance made me burn with desire. Your instructor is very good. Does he teach everyone to dance?”

“No. Janice, my manager, wants my routines to be special. She hired him to choreograph just my sets.”

“Just for you alone?”

“Yes. He can be a bitch sometimes but his choreography is great”, she said taking his hand in hers she pressed the tips of his fingers to her lips kissing them softly.

“You seemed to have several admirers but chose me.”

“I think we are lucky we found each other,” she purred.

At her answer Angel abruptly removed his hands. The Cartel deputy stood up and walked to the opposite side of the boat, leaned on the rail looking out over the water.

“On the night we met you left your purse and phone,” he said.

“Si, I was sick…remember?”

“I remember that is what you said. You were so sick you passed out but somehow you were able to make it back to your apartment. After that evening, I started to be followed.”

Amber slid off the bench, walked over to him wrapping her arms about him. She pushed her small breasts against his bare back and her bikinied groin against his ass while she hugged him. She kissed the back of his neck.

“So? What’s that got to do with me?”

“Why would a pretty puto like you carry a gun?” the Cartel deputy questioned.

She dropped her arms from him upon hearing the derogatory name. She took a step back and folded her arms across her chest. She stared at the short, stocky man.

“I carry it for protection,” Amber said flatly, “and I don’t like that word.”

“Manuel says you shoot your pistol very well. Where were you trained?”

“I took lessons at a local pistol range back in Missouri. I wanted to know how to shoot.”

Exasperated the t-girl went back to the bench where she snatched up her bikini top. She tied the bra straps then fastened the halter straps behind her neck. Having finished dressing, she turned back to the drug lord who continued to scan the ocean.

“He also says you drive as good as him, if not better.”

“I’ve been driving a car since I was 16,” Amber retorted lifting her hands in disbelief.

“He tells me you have been hiding something.”

“I’m not hiding anything,” she stated her hands on her hips.

“Manuel says he knows what you are hiding.”

“MANUEL doesn’t know shit,” she said loudly and glared at the bodyguard, “He doesn’t like what I am or that you like me.”

“He says maybe you are not who you say you are.”

“Oh baby, what are you saying?” Amber laughed nervously at the accusation. She reached out to touch his brown shoulder.

Angel spun quickly striking Amber hard with the back of his hand. She fell to the boat’s deck, blood dripping from the side of her mouth. The big Latino was instantly over her grabbing her by the shoulders, lifting her up like a doll.

“Manuel may come from a small village but he is not too stupid. He can be quite clever sometimes. I found out after the attack in the restaurant the men who shot at me worked with the Colombian National Police and the CIA. Manuel came to me a later and said he barely made it out of the restaurant alive but you came out easily.”

Amber struggled to free herself but was held securely by the bodyguard’s large hands. Angel gripped her chin with one hand glaring into her eyes.

“He also said he did not trust you,” Angel continued, “I thought he didn’t like you for being a maricá³n. He then came to me last night telling me you were more than a dancer.”

Angel reached under the orange seat cushions and pulled out a manila envelope. He opened it slowly not taking his eyes off Amber. He pulled several photos from the large envelope. He held one up to let the t-girl see it.

“Here is your ‘manager’, her boyfriend, and you going to dinner a few nights ago.”

“Yes, so?”

“This is the same car you stole from the restaurant,” he accused.

“There are lots of white SUVs in Miami,” she shot back.

“The blonde woman from the club is your ‘manager’, no? The tall man next to her is her ‘boyfriend’ you said.”

“Yes, that’s right. You’ve seen them in the club.”

“Did you know he is a policeman in the U.S. Army? Did you know he works with the CIA and DEA?”

“No.”

The short Latin Indian struck her a second time. Amber noted Angel’s eyes were burning with passion and his breath quickened. She was sure his pulse was racing. The ass is getting off on this, Amber thought.

“This man, the big one standing beside the Army detective,” Angel said pointing at a second photo, “works for the CIA. He has been following me. Do you know him?”

“I met him once. We all had dinner. I thought he was a friend of Janice’s boyfriend.”

Angel slapped Amber again. Her head snapped to one side then rolled forward. She lifted her head up with her jaw clenched; her hair draped over one eye while the other looked at the drug lord with malice.

“Lie to me again and I will kill you.”

Manuel stood behind Amber holding her arms. She quickly raised a foot to smash it down on the big man’s right instep followed by a left elbow to the solar plexus then a powerful backhand strike to the groin. Taken by surprise by the series of blows, he momentarily let go of his captive. Realizing she was free, he clutched at her oiled arm but Amber struck his huge hands away and dashed forward to the boat’s cabin located toward the prow.

The girl-boy sprinted down the stairs into the boat’s cabin leaping onto the bed. Amber dug frantically in her purse for her P232 when Manuel entered the compartment. She yanked the pistol out, pointing it at the bodyguard throwing her bag to a corner of the room.

“ALTO!” Amber shouted.

The big Latino halted in place, raising his hands slightly. The Cartel deputy entered the berth surprised to find his former girlfriend holding off his large bodyguard. Angel cursed at the man calling him a fool and moved to the right slightly.

“You move again Angel and I’ll shoot,” Amber said firmly pointing the gun at him.

“What are you? Who do you work for?” Corazon demanded.

The small Latino stopped, raising his hands. Amber motioned with her pistol for Manuel to move next to his charge leaving the way to the cabin door open. The big man complied slowly his eyes never leaving Amber’s. The t-girl looked from Manuel to Angel then back again as she sidestepped toward the door and stairway leading to the boat’s deck.

“Amber, don’t forget your new purse,” Manuel said.

Amber’s eyes darted to the corner of the berth were she had flung her purse. With the speed of a striking adder, Manuel darted forward. His huge hand captured Amber’s outstretched hand holding the pistol. She twisted in his vice like grip trying to tear free. She fired the pistol twice. The shots caused the Cartel deputy to dive to the carpeted floor for safety. Three more shots rang out but the body guard and the t-girl still struggled.

Amber pushed against Manuel with all of her strength forcing him back a step then she rocked backward, pulling him and twisting to one side. Off balance, the Latino began to fall forward. Amber decided to let go of the weapon since it appeared she was going to be dragged to the floor with big man. She darted up the stairs closing the cabin doors behind her. She leaped into the wheelhouse then to the controls, pushed the throttle forward steering the craft around toward the shore.

She heard Manuel breaking through the doors. Amber fled from the wheel house to the stern of the boat where she stopped. The big man’s footsteps alerted her that the big man was standing behind her. She whirled about to see her own pistol aimed at her.

Angel raced up the stairs hearing the first gunshot. He heard the second then the third and arrived on deck to see Amber pitch into churning water from the boat’s wake. Manuel walked to the stern but didn’t try to fire again since the girl-boy was gone from sight. The drug lord strode up to his bodyguard then nodded toward the steering wheel indicating him to turn the boat back.

Manuel steered the small craft around heading back along their course. They quickly spotted Amber in the water. She was face down in the ocean surrounded by patch of black-red blood. The bikini wearing corpse bobbed up and down in the ocean waves. Manuel stopped the circling craft to get the long boat hook out.

“Let the sharks take care of that puto,” Angel shouted at Manuel. “We have to meet our connection soon.”

Nodding, Manuel spit into the water at the floating body; he sat the hook down then returned to the wheel. He checked the compass and set the boat to its original course heading. Angel retrieved Amber’s purse from the cabin tossing it into the ocean next to its owner as they passed her corpse.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, ok....

I know....I know...I know...head hung in shame....

Now we all know she isn't dead Amberly!

There are a number of clues you have given us.

But I'm not passing them on.

It was nice of Angel to give her back her purse, why didn't he throw a change of clothes?

I think Janice B is still a goodie.

Of course I hope all this is true.

An excellent chapter Amberley. Thank you.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.
'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Of course it is true...

With the exception of looking towards the purse. It was actually a pair of new sandals. I didn't want anyone to think Amber was a ditz. As for being dead, remember Sunset Boulevard with William Holden?

ok, now what?

i'm all caught up but you left a hell of a cliff hanger.
more please!
thanks