Heaven Can Wait -Part 2- The Start of the Road

Printer-friendly version

Heaven can wait part 2 the start of the road

Part two of heaven can wait we explore more about Jacob and unfortunately some of the scenes are not for the faint of heart.

Allie Elle

The adults were surprised by what had come out of Jacob’s mouth and they looked at each other and Marcie looked the uneasiest of them all. She was trying to hide the shock at some of the memories in her mind as she remembered a few things from when Jacob was younger. Her husband’s family had turned up one day with his niece in tow she was the same age as Jacob. The girl had been cute and carefully dressed and she knew it. Marcie had seen the look on Jacob’s face as he looked at his cousin and her dress. There had been a look of longing in his eyes as he looked at her and there was a small amount of jealousy in the look as he let his eyes roam across her dress. As she remembered she realised that then there was something about her son and her husband’s reaction frightened her. He had thrown them out with a growl about sanctimonious god bothering freaks.

After those memories surfaced Marcie looked at her sister and her brother in law and she saw the look of compassion on their faces. This was too much for her to carry and she broke down in tears. Just as she did this Jacob awoke groggily and raised his arms and hugged his mother. His small arms were wrapped around her neck and he looked at his aunt and uncle. For some reason he knew they were not the ones who had hurt his mother but for some reason there was a great sadness there.

“Mom it’s okay, I’m okay honest but my head hurts”Jacob said softly.
His mother lifted him to a soft embrace and cradled him. The other two adults excused them selves and left the two of them together.

Downstairs Jackie turned towards her husband and without a word they embraced to give each other support. Zack could feel his anger rising as he thought about his brother in law and his attitude. The comments that Jacob had made seemed to give some sort of reason to why the supposed man had taken offence to his son. But the question that remained was why he would turn on the woman he was supposed to love but just treated her as a nuisance and a burden. Marcie kept a good home and was a dutiful wife but it seemed that Richard always wanted more. No matter how the two of them tried they were never good enough for what he wanted or viewed as his rightful place and respect.

Zack continued the embrace and they wondered what they were going to do about Jacob and his Mother. Being in the same town created risks for them both if Richard tried anything although he wasn’t well liked. The other thing that worried them was why Jacob felt he had to be a girl; they were not skilled in dealing with psychological issues. They were also scared at how people would react, especially their colleagues. It was something they really had no experience with and had no idea how too cope with it. They dealt with the body and not the mind most things of the body they could handle but not a member of their family feeling the way Jacob was saying her felt. He was only nine years old how could he know they thought to themselves.

Upstairs Marcie was cuddling her son as he cried and as his sobs became weaker she laid him down again on the bed and tucked the comforter around him. After watching him for a while she went down stairs to join her sister and her brother in law. They were waiting for her in the lounge and had a glass of wine ready to steady her nerves. For a good while they sat in silence and the adults listened for any noise from the room upstairs. Marcie looked at her sister and her husband and she saw the concern there

“What?”
“Marcie, we are wondering if there is something we could do to help the two of you” Zack’s voice was soft and low as he talked to his sister in law. Marcie looked at him a look of confusion on her face but she saw the gentleness there. His eyes were filled with both a father and a doctors concern. Marcie wished that her husband were like Zack instead of the drunkard abusive lout he was.

They heard noises coming from upstairs and Zack made Marcie remain in the lounge and he went up to check on Joshua. He entered the bedroom and saw that Joshua was sat bolt upright staring at the wall.
“Joshua buddy what’s up?” Zack asked gently. He looked closely and saw the two small streams of blood from his palms. Zack saw that Jacob’s fists were clenched hard and he was digging the nails of his hand into the palm. Gently he tried to prise the fingers from the hand and the boy started to sob uncontrollably. Zack finally managed to get the hands open and was shocked at the damage done and his concerns about the boy were getting deeper. There was blood on the shirt that Jacob’ was wearing and Zack started to try and remove it. As Jacob’ felt the shirt being lifted he lashed out and screamed. Marcie and Janice came storming into the room and Marcie screamed when she saw the blood and made to move to strike Zack. Her sister intervened and gently held her as Zack calmed the boy in his grip down. He explained what he had seen and the fact that Jacob’ had been in a catatonic state when he had done the damage.

As the shirt was lifted off the three adults tried their best to control their nausea all across the back and some of them were fairly fresh. Then all of a sudden Jacob’ seemed to come out of the trance.
“No I don’t care you don’t love me you hate me I wish I was a girl!” Jacob’ screamed as he came round again. Zack held the boy and motioned for his wife and sister in law to leave, as he wanted to talk to Jacob’. The women left and Zack talked with Jacob’ and he was disgusted at what had really gone on when his mother was not around. He vowed to himself that his father would never touch the boy again and if Jacob’ needed to be a girl or had felt he was always a girl then he would help all he could. He would also get Janice to help her sister and this boy, he thought to himself then groaned and laughed as he thought of the battering his credit card would get with three females using it.

End of part two

Part three: Jacob learns how to be a girl

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Names

I liked the story so far. Just on thing: until up to the last two paragraphs the boy name is Jacob then suddenly its Joschua.

sorry my bad

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

thanks for pointing that out i was fighting with some memories as i wrote this chapter so it was kind of short but took a while too write

again apologies to you and to my moose (muse)giggles

allie

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

A good proofer is worth their weight in something valuable

Could be in gold or apple turnovers, yum!

My stuff wouldn't be half as good as it is -- please stop laughing and pointing people -- if not for my proofers.

You have the core of a compelling story here. A little proofing help would elimiate most distracting errors and leave the reader the pleasure of your gift.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Know whatcha mean ...

... 'bout fighting memories when writing. Sometimes I just get to a point where I have to stop writing for a while. I'm glad you ain't given up telling your stories. I've been reading some of what you've posted here and on another tg fiction site. You really put a lot of heart into what you do and I look forward to seeing more when you're ready. :)

{{{warm huggles}}}

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Heather Rose Brown
Author of Bobby's Rainy Day Adventure