The Pregnant Boy -9- Normal

Printer-friendly version

It didn't take the girls long to find the perfect swimsuit for Juice.

"I dunno," said Justin.

"But it's great!" said Shabeez. "It's got this crazy pattern, like one of those magic eye posters!"

"What's so great about that?" asked Jenn.

The bandeau-style bodice was made as part of a tank top and the bottom had a panty with a skirt, all in a nearly psychedelic print of violet and navy lines on a white background. Across the breasts, the twisting lines made a fool-the-eye pattern that looked curved and full, even on the hanger.

Shabeez held the suit up next to Juice. "See? If she wears this top, no one can tell how flat-chested she is!"

The Pregnant Boy

by Erin Halfelven

 

Carmine laughed but the other girls looked to see how Juice would take this.

"I dunno," said Justin.

"And the skirt is perfect, too," Shabeez went on. "No one's going to see anything they ought not see." She widened her eyes to emphasize this point.

"I dunno," said Justin.

"How much is it?" asked Ell.

Shabeez looked at the price tag. Her eyes widened again. She stared at Juice for a moment and said, "You don't want this one," and hurriedly put it back on the rack. "Whose idea was it to come to Nordstrom's to look for suits anyway?"

"Yours," said Carmine.

Ell reached out and flicked the price tag around. "Ché cosa!" she exclaimed. "It's a Robin Piccone."

"I think I like it," said Justin.

Jenn and Carmine checked out the tag too. Jenn blinked and Carmine chuckled.

Justin had a twinkle in his eye as he said, "I've got excellent taste. And I know I like it."

"It's a hundred and forty-four dollars, you goof," said Jenn.

Justin nodded. "I definitely like it now. My taste in clothes is just that good."

Ell snatched the suit back off the rack. "Go try it on," she said.

Justin stared at her.

"It won't hurt to try it on," said Ell. "That's one of the fun things of coming to the mall."

"Go ahead," said Carmine. "We want to see you in it."

"Do any of you have swimsuits that expensive?" Justin asked.

"I do," said Ell. "I got given two on a shoot once."

The other girls shook their heads.

"I dunno," said Justin.

"Oh, go ahead," said Jenn. "I'll go in with you and help you see if it fits."

"Is it the right size?"

"It's a small, that should fit."

"Maybe she needs an extra small."

"Hey, guys, guys?" Carmine pointed.

A sign they had not noticed said, "All swimsuits, 50% off for Labor Day."

"So it's only $72?"

"Still a bunch."

"More than I've ever paid for a swimsuit."

"My Dad would kill me."

"It's gorgeous, though."

"Duh. It's a Robin Piccone."

Jenn stopped them. "We can't all go into the dressing room with Juice, we won't fit."

"Yeah, huh?" Shabeez giggled.

Ell looked thoughtful and wandered away. Shabeez and Carmine headed for the display of pocketbooks on clearance.

Jenn and Juice walked up to the lady at the dressing room desk and showed her the swimsuit and took the small card that said "1" that they were given. "Keep your undies on when trying on swimsuits," the lady warned.

Justin wondered how anyone would know whether such a rule was followed. But then it occurred to him that it was advice, not a rule. Who knew if the last person to try on the swimsuit had followed it?

"Eww," he said under his breath.

"Eww, what?" said Jenn.

"Never mind."

Jenn laughed, perhaps guessing what Justin been thinking.

He followed Jenn inside and down the narrow hall to the big dressing booth on the end.

"I don't know why we're doing this, even at half-price, even with you guys loaning me some money, I can't afford this swimsuit."

"Ell's up to something," said Jenn. "If it fits and you like it, we'll figure out something."

Juice stared at the person in the mirror, pale blue shorts, baggy yellow tank top, white Keds, charm bracelet, ear studs and the little straw hat with the pink ribbon. A cute if skinny teen-age girl with shaggy blonde hair.

"Why am I doing this?" he asked Jenn.

She didn't answer but hung the bathing suit on a hanger. "Are you wearing undies?" she asked.

Justin nodded. "'Course."

Jenn took the hat and hung it on one of the hooks on the back wall.

Justin still stared at his reflection. He took his fingers and fluffed out his hair a bit. "Clark," he said.

"What about him?"

"Who am I trying to fool? Him or me?"

Jenn just shook her head.

"It's just not normal," said Justin.

"Who wants to be just normal?" she asked.

Justin sighed and pulled the tank top off over his head.

Jenn blinked. "What's that for?"

* * *

A few minutes later, Jenn came to the door of the dressing area and asked the lady at the desk if there might be another swimsuit in the same violet-and-navy pattern in a size XS.

Shabeez and Carmine wandered back over. "I said she might need a smaller size," said Shabeez.

"I don't know," said the lady. "The suits are pretty picked over, that's why they're on sale. It's the end of swimsuit season. Even in California."

"Girl's got nothing to hold the suit up, no hips, no tits," said Carmine.

Jenn had a funny look but said nothing.

Ell walked up just then. "I found one," she said. "I thought about it and decided that most of us would wear small so Juice would probably need extra-small." She held out the hanger with the tiny swimsuit on it.

"Oh good," said Jenn. "The other one looked good on her but it was too big."

The desk lady approved the trade and put the larger suit on the returns rack behind her.

"Look at the price tag," said Ell.

"Wow? It's on clearance? For sixty?"

Ell grinned. "I found it in the little girls section. Don't tell Juice. I think someone put it away wrong and then it got marked down."

Jenn nodded and disappeared back inside.

"Teeny, tiny girls need itsy bitsy suits," said Shabeez.

"Teeny tinys give me a pita," said Carmine.

"Huh? Isn't that a kind of bread?" asked Shabeez.

"Watch me get this suit for half of the clearance price," said Ell. "How much money have you guys got left?"

"Twelve dollars," said Carmine. "And I ain't bought myself nothing yet."

"'Bout the same," admitted Shabeez.

"I'll put it on my emergency card and you can pay me back later," said Ell.

"If it fits her," said Shabeez.

"If it fits," agreed Ell.

"Why are we doing this stuff for Juice again?" asked Carmine.

"Because Zoe is a putz," said Shabeez.

Ell blinked. She had traveled more than the other girls and had heard the word in New York where someone explained it to her. "I don't think Zoe can be a putz, she's not equipped."

"Maybe she is," said Carmine. "She sure stuck it to Juice."

"Huh?" said Shabeez.

Juice appeared in the doorway of the dressing rooms entrance wearing the tiny bathing suit, the straw hat and the Keds.

"Wow!" said Shabeez. "You look great!"

"It actually makes you look like you got more shape than a fifth grader," agreed Carmine.

Juice posed, blushed and giggled.

"Okay, we're buying it," said Ell. "Juice needs a swimsuit for her date."

up
272 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Clue?!?

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Jenn blinked. "What's that for?"

Bwuh?!? Ohhhhhh.... that's evil, hiding something clearly important from the reader. Given Jenn's reaction I'd guess that whatever 'that' is it has something to do with his (her?) breasts. Aaarrgh, it's like one of those detective shows where you get small clues over an entire series that don't seem to add up to anything until the end.

That being said, I am enjoying this story. You do very well at developing the characters in such short chapters. Each of the girls feels well rounded and different. I look forward to chapter 9 of being tortured!! ;-)

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Evil is as evil does

erin's picture

Bwah ha ha! :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Another clue?

a few lines below:
"Girl's got nothing to hold the suit up, no hips, no tits," said Carmine.
Jenn had a funny look but said nothing.

I'm waiting for more clues in the next chapter(s) ;)

Martina

Clues closet

erin's picture

I think there will be more clues soon, if not next chapter then the one after that... probably. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Aha....I knew it...I knew it....

Andrea Lena's picture

....this story is so easy to figure out....except when it isn't....Never mind!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Still confused...

I'm assuming this is set on Earth and that Juice!Justin is an anatomically correct male, albeit a Wholesome Crossdresser (at last partially because it's easier to blend in with the girls he's friendly with).

Meanwhile Zoe appears to be an anatomically correct female.

The confusion over Juice's apparently symptoms of pregnancy aren't exactly helped by the slang word "putz" (even though Urban Dictionary informs me it's rarely used in the anatomical sense).

Hopefully at some point before the final chapter, things will start adding up and making some degree of sense...

 

Find me on Google+ | Examine EAFOAB Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Story set on Earth

erin's picture

But other facts not in evidence are facts not in evidence. I'm just saying. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I so enjoy this story

Angharad's picture

even if I have no more idea about where it's headed than I did in part one. So juice has an extra small swim suit, does that make it fresh squeezed juice?

Angharad :)

Angharad

Squeeze me?

erin's picture

Well the fact is, the swimsuit is NOT tight on Juice. This is one seriously slender kid. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

The Pregnant Boy -9- Normal

Those girls are having fun dressing Juice.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Reading about it

erin's picture

I hope people are having fun reading about it.:)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Juice is evil!

LibraryGeek's picture

"I have excellent taste," says Justin, looking at the price tag of the swimsuit someone else would be buying for him. "I like this," continues Justin, watching Shabeez squirm.

So, a little gumption, not a complete pushover, our boy Justin. Pretty easygoing, but, but... just a leettle eville.

Yours,

JohnBobMead

Yours,

John Robert Mead

Based on me

erin's picture

If I go up to a rack of clothes and pick out the one that I like best, it will also be the most expensive one. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Makes sense...

The trick, of course, is to make sure it's being bought with someone else's money - then you can avoid the guilt :)

--B


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

poor Juice - or maybe not

you think finding a extra small is hard, imagine trying to find a 4X ...

I trust you, you'll make this make sense.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Sense?

erin's picture

Oh, probably. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

More than just kind of pregnant

terrynaut's picture

I think the smoking clue has been dropped. How's that for mixing metaphors? Consider it a side effect of all the teasing in this story. Heh.

I'm really enjoying this. I wonder if Jenn will give away the clue to the other girls. Only time will tell.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Clues Closet

erin's picture

I think I'll leave people hanging around for a bit on that one. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Tease

All we have are teasing clues that are suggestive, but we still KNOW nothing. I guess that's part of what makes it fun trying to guess and untangle the clues. As always, you do the best banter, Erin!
hugs
Grover

Star Spangled Banter?

erin's picture

I sit around in public places and listen to people talk. I always have a book for me but that's just protective coloration, I'm doing research. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Delicious! = )

Extravagance's picture

How could I have forgotten about the shopping for the swimsuit? If the pool party is next, maybe THAT one will be "nautics". :)

- - -

Royal catgirl of the court of the Empress of Euphoria. I like fine seafood, and I love huggles! ^_^
Catgirl_Likes_Prawns.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Pool party

erin's picture

The pool party is several days away. There are several other incidents before we get to that. :)

Nautics?

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Oh,

Extravagance's picture

don't mind me. "nautics" is one of my many made up words, and I think it loosely relates to swimming, and of course it begins with "n". I love swimming, and I'm certainly not afraid of water, unlike your average kitty. I guess I just have swimming on the brain! = )
*HuggleSnugglePurr*
I think I must have water in general on the brain, in the metaphorical sense. That's where prawns come from, after all. I do love prawns...

- - -

Royal catgirl of the court of the Empress of Euphoria. I like fine seafood, and I love huggles! ^_^
Catgirl_Likes_Prawns.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Naughtics?

erin's picture

I thought you might mean something else. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Sell it... ;)

This is the kind of story that'd do well on the subscription thing... I'd pay to get the whole thing at once anyway... ;)

JC

The Legendary Lost Ninja

You wouldn't care to do that

Angharad's picture

for Bike would you? Say a dollar an episode?

Angharad :)

Angharad

Ha!

erin's picture

Well, I will try to put a collected version of TPB into Hatbox when it is finished. But at even 50 cents per episode, Bike would be something else!

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

You realize, of course,

that this is my favorite story being posted to the site at the moment, right?

So, Juice's development is apparently further along than we would be led to believe from his/her own observations. What'll we find out next, that Zoe knows everything and is some kind of strange alien or something?

Melanie E.

I don't THINK she's an alien...

erin's picture

Actually, things all have a perfectly ordinary and reasonable explanation and as soon as I find out what it is... I'll keep it a secret for at least ten more chapters. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Ordinary and reasonable for

Ordinary and reasonable for what given value thereof?


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Ten?

Judging from the first letter of each Chapter Name, you appear to be spelling the word "pregnant" in two letter increments. This would indicate that the story may end on Chapter 16... unless your names will spell "pregnant boy"... in which case it will be pushed to 22. Or you're spelling nothing at all and just pulling our legs, as you've done the entire story. Woo!

---

I would put a signature here, but I'm too busy writing other things :)

I would put a signature here, but I'm too busy writing other things :)

Next title is

erin's picture

Natural, I think. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Well?

Andrea Lena's picture

...I suppose you might say we're pregnant with expectation?


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Breasts

I wonder if she has those and anything else Jenn had a funny look.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Itsy Bitsy, Teeny Weeny

Re-reading this, you missed a trick by not having the design having a base colour of primrose, covered with differently coloured spots... :D


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!