What title

Printer-friendly version

"I'M NOT A GIRL!" I screamed at my mother, who just stood there with that smug look on her face.

I guess I should explain something first. Okay, my name is Chris Willim; I am biologically male, contrary to what you see. It's not my fault that I grew these pecks (no, they are NOT breasts, although mom makes me wear a size 34B bra). My full name is Christian Abe Willim; I am a blond-haired, brown-eyed male. I stand five feet six and three-quarter inches tall (I’m proud of that three-quarter of an inch, thank you); fourteen years of age and desperately waiting for male puberty to hit me. So far, due to my body's weird testosterone production, instead of typical male development, I look more like a girl (sigh); so much so, that the only clothing that fits is girls' clothing.

Hence why my mom and I are in the junior ladies’ department at Sears, with me in changing room in my underwear.
What do I have on?
Oh sheesh; ok, ok, I'm wearing a white plain bra and plain *boy cut* panties (they're the only thing that fits, dammit), my boy's jeans and sweatshirt are currently not in the changing room (mom took them) and instead she is trying to get me to wear this darn pink (gods) summer dress.

"Chris, honey, you need something to wear to the family gathering that’s presentable," she said.

"Fine! I’ll wear my black pants and white shirt with a tie!"

"You know they don’t fit anymore."

" So, let’s go to the men’s department and get new ones."

"Is there a problem, miss?" the sales lady asks. I guess we were getting a little loud. Why is it so hard for mom to understand I’M NOT A GIRL?

I don’t WANT to be even near all this girl stuff, yet she is trying to get me to wear a stupid dress.

"Oh sorry! It’s just that she refuses to give up her tomboy ways (as if)! We’re trying to get her something nice to wear since she has filled out." Quite the smooth talker, my mom.

"Hey Chris, maybe this blue one will... Oh sorry!" That unfortunately, is my younger sister Sally. Mom roped her into this as well. I think they are both having WAY too much fun with this.

Like, really, here I am, a boy in a girls’ changing-room being asked to try on girl outfits. I really don’t want to wear any of them and I’m naked (ok, well, not really naked, as I still have underwear on), but here are three females having way to much fun trying to get me to look like them. I could just die.

"Yes, I can see. Clearly, there is no way she can carry the tomboy-look any longer."
Piss off saleslady!

"Chris, you’re a very pretty young woman, so you should express it to the world. Here now, I think this skirt and top combo is just darling, so you’ll have the boys drooling over you."

Totally wrong thing to say.

In case you’re wondering, I’m kinda curled up against the wall with my knees against my chest trying vainly to hide my embarrassment from these nosy females. Ladies changing-rooms seem to be so much bigger than the guys’ tiny changing cubicles. It doesn’t help that there’s a curtain instead of a door, either, so I can’t lock them out; worse luck.

The skirt is a black, knee-length thingy that flares out. The top is a kinda t-shirt thing with a *scoop* neckline (whatever the heck that means), in an off-white (cream apparently) color with poofy, tiny sleeves. Ok, so I don’t know all these girl terms for clothes - I’M A BOY.

" Oh, that is cute! You look just great in that, sis. Is there one in my size?" My sister - the clothes horse.

"We’re here for Christina, (I SO hate that name!) you can get something else another time, young lady!"

" But Mommm…"

"No buts. Now, Chris, stop pouting and put these on."

" No! Those are girls’ clothes, get me some guy clothes or give me back my sweats."

To save time writing; I’ll just tell you after much arguing, I finally did put on the stupid skirt and top, which, of course, fitted perfectly. I looked *just awesome* in the combination. I felt like a total clown. I also had to put on the silk thingy that goes under it and some stupid, black shoes that keep falling off my feet (flats are not what I would call them). Mom made me wear them out of changing-room to the counter where the sales-lady clipped off the tags and rang them through, while I stood there with my arms crossed, steaming mad.

I just know mom is gonna keep pushing for rest of day to *finish the outfit*. I very tempted to run to guys’ section and get some descent, proper clothes, but mom took my wallet, so I’m broke and have no way of getting home. I’m not even going go anywhere where someone from school might see me.

"Thank you so much for your help, Joan. I’m sure Christina (cringe) appreciates your help."

"Thank you for shopping at Sears."

At this dismissal, I started my shuffle walk towards the exit in the hope of reaching mom’s car before I got …….

"CHRIS... Chris Willim? Is that you?”

SHIT!

Just my luck; the biggest gossiper of Mount Trail Secondary School happens to spot me.
What do I do?
Gods, I wanna die, especially in something like this that leaves almost no question that I look like a girl. I know, I’ll just ignore her and walk by like it’s not me, yeah, yeah, that will work.

"CHRISTINA ABIGAIL WILLIM, YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!"

Mother ffffudge!

Why does she have to use that stupid name here of all places?

Everyone has a name their mother calls them when they do something bad and you HAVE to listen to them. Me, I used to ignore it until she started with this one. Sigh, I’m so dead.

As I turned with my head hung down, sorta slumped over in resignation, I caught the extra wide eyes of Mel Thornston (the big gossip).

"Its not my fault mom did this IM NOT A GIRL really!"She will believe me. Please believe me. PLEASE

"Uh, it’s nice to see you finally showing that you’re really a girl, Chris."

SHIT, SHIT!

"I never got that whole tomboy look, but WOW, I didn’t know you had such a HOT body! Like wow, I’m, like, totally blown away. I gotta text Shelly about this!"

And... she’s off. By this afternoon, the pic she no doubt took will be some guy’s desktop pic, and everyone in town will call me Christina instead of Christian, yeah, mom flipped the last two letters.

Gaa, why is this happening to me? I’M A GUY for Christ sakes. I shouldn’t be a HOT BABE, well maybe, but not in the sense that I’m a female hot babe. If I could cry, I would probably be soaked with tears at this point, but since I AM A GUY and we don’t cry, guess what - no tears! Why does Mom have a huge bag for my old clothes? Oh no, she didn’t. Shit, I bet she snuck a few more feminine clothes of some sort.

"That is NOT the way a lady walks or stands. You know better young lady!" Grrrrrrrrr.
" Now come on or we will be late for your appointment."

Appointment?

What is she talking about?

I got a doctor’s appointment? Noooooo, not that I know of. I, of course, stood there, totally clueless as to what she was talking about. Which for me is a blank look; not my best look, trust me.

Instead of explaining, she grabs my hand and drags me off to who knows where. Why is she going towards the mall entrance? Wait, hold on, that’s not a place I wanna go!

I tried to hang back, but apparently these flat thingies are not really shoes. I.E., I had no grip, so just slid along behind her anyway..

Six months, just six months ago I was a normal teenage boy. Ok, well, maybe not exactly normal, but hey, I tried. I love sports, cars, dirt-bikes. (I’m still hoping I can get dad to get me that Honda 125cr...) According to doctors, it could have started earlier. But that’s when I noticed that my jean pockets were tight. I have done some reading and, honestly, there was no itching, things just started to happen. It was gradual and slow; when you see something everyday you just don’t notice things happening. It wasn’t until about May that my, uh, pecks got my mom’s attention. My dad of course freaked out. After much blood loss, scans, and many tests it was determined that I’m a freak. Sorry, but that’s what I see myself as. My testicles, yes, I have them, cannot descend. This is causing problems, as while I’m sorta producing testosterone, it’s actually closer to estrogen.

Biology is next semester, so maybe I’ll know more then. Now in most males, this would do almost nothing but give them very tiny breasts. Unfortunately, I take after my mother’s side of family, sigh. I found this out after every one of my aunts on her side had reduction surgery by the age of twenty. Gigantomastia seems to be a common problem for women; this is really large breasts. Guess what, in males it makes me look like a girl. I really don’t know all the details, just a general idea. It’s close to what some body-builders experience. I’ll never lactate or actually have ducts and stuff, as it’s really just fat build-up. However, it does look just like a woman’s breasts. I blame the bra my mom made me wear as soon as she noticed. And, yes, I didn’t like it, so I cut about five of them up into tiny pieces before she laid down the law.

When I’m older, like eighteen or twenty, I can get them cut off (YES!!), but until then I’m stuck with them. I hid it as much as possible during school. Apparently not well enough, darn that Mel. I was ok until about three days ago when my grandmother decided that the family should sit for family portraits. Ok, I admit these things are hard to hide and (sigh) may even get bigger, but the idea that I would make a better girl for pictures than a boy was just stupid. I rebelled, of course.

Ok, maybe the passing out after the fall at the skate park wasn’t a good idea, as if I had any control. My father was not impressed, neither was mom when they were told their "daughter" was in the emergency at St Bics (one day I’ll find out the full name of that hospital). Thus, although I could have got away with some stuffing and a new suit, my punishment was to be a girl for the pics. Sigh

So, here I am getting dragged to wherever in this skirt, top and these useless shoes. My mom and sister are just having way too much fun with this. Oh no.. oh hell no..

"NO WAY"

"We talked about this you will NOT embarrass the family anymore"

Guess where I got dragged to?

"We have an appointment for Christina Willim"

"Ah yes, Tilly will be right with you she is just finishing up with a dye job"

Yep, you guessed it, I’m to get a haircut. I should let you know my hair is not really all that long, but I have a natural wave to my thick and rather unruly hair. Long ago, we found out that the best solution was to grow it out tie it in pony-tail stuck down my shirt, which works for me; - brush - snap - elastic and I’m done. Ok, so I let it go a bit longer, but I’ve kinda had other things on my mind of late.

"So let’s see, ohhh, a makeover. Cools, we don’t get many of those. You are gonna have so much fun, girl!"

Huh what?

Is this some sorta of hairstyle? Wonder if anyone has written ‘Being a girl for dummies.’

"Hello, I’m Tilly and you must be Christina?" Yuck
"Oh my, what have you done with your hair and those nails? Well, don’t worry, we will fix you up."
Huh what? What’s wrong with my hair? I washed it two days ago.

"Come with me, sweetie, and we will get started."

Thus began my immersion into the woman’s world, known as the makeover. First I was tortured with sugaring. Not sure why someone would go the extreme lengths to actually want a lot of pain too ... oh hey, this feels pretty good.. Wait a min, oh never mind. Then came a facial with more hair removal, in this case my eyebrows were removed. If she had just left me some more hair on brows, I may have actually liked it. Then came the wash, repeat rinse, condition and I don’t know how many other things. It took a while then she started to trim my hair.

"So hun, what kind of style are we gonna do today?" At this point Mom actually relented somewhat.

"Something easy to care for and not too fem," I said, hoping she knew what that meant, because I surely didn’t. For most of this I was silent, because, quite simply, I was scared. Normally I go in, say trim and wait until the hair is taken off and then leave; takes about fifteen minutes. This took a lot longer with a lot of chatting back and forth between mom and Tilly.

While this was going on, my nails were filed and painted. Ok, ok, I had a manicure! Happy? (grumble)

This girl stuff is new to me. I’M A BOY - get over it. This did, however, give me plenty of time to reflect over the past few days.

I woke up in the hospital in pain. I knew that I had wiped out on skates, and it seems - blacked out. But the pain was different. Mom and Dad were upset. It was just so weird. You see, when I wiped out I wiped out big time. My hoodie got torn off, and my jeans were wrecked In other words, I was showing off my bra and panties for all to see. Had I been awake I would have been mortified. Thankfully, a passing jogger called an ambulance and covered me with his raincoat.

The hospital thought that I was transitioning, or something like that, - hence, the daughter call. I didn’t understand much at the time but I really do now. It seems when I was like three years old a cousin on my dad’s side became a girl. There is a video of an incident that they showed me the next day. It’s awful. I don’t normally cry but by the end I most certainly was, and all I could think why didn’t someone help her. I might write about that video sometime but it’s really ugly.

Anyway, after the video, my family (including grandma) sat with me and explained about how dangerous it is for someone who looks like I do. They wanted me to spend the summer as a girl. Some sort of learning experience. I agreed to a couple of days. I figured a few days being called a girl and , SIGH, Christina and that’s it..

Nope, I’m getting my hair, nails, a couple of outfits, all to learn a lesson. I’m not sure what that lesson is. I thought I was hiding it before but from what Mel said.. I guess not.. shit.

So, what makes a girl a girl, and a boy a boy? Hmm, good question, I used to think that it was just what was in your underwear.. apparently not. This is gonna take some thought, lol, that’s actually a first for m, as I’m more the impulsive type; - just do what I feel like (within reason). I don’t even have access to the internet at this time, since they took my computer (the only reason I actually agreed to this, but ssshh) OMG, I might have to go to the library and read paper stuff. My parents love us kids a lot and I know this, for they do things to teach us even if they drive me batty in the meantime. So, I’m fairly sure this has a very specific purpose.

"Tada!"

Huh, what, oh, hey who’s the babe.. Oh my.."That’s, that’s ..that’s….."

"Yes honey, that very pretty girl is you."

Oh what pretty birdies!

"Chris...Chris...CHRISTINA!!!"

Blessed blackness.

Next Chapter ehhh dont know yet wait and see.

Many thanks to Tanya Allen for a quick edit.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What title

Waiting for more.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice start... but why are mom and his treating him as her?

Do mom and sis figure with his growing breasts and apparently other female or androgynous features it is safer to present as a pretty female than an effeminate male until a decision is made one way or another on surgery and the like to make him look all male or all female. Or does mom/sis know something SHE doesn't?

Is this just a boy with a medical problem, intersex, space alien, what?

-- grin --

Mom and sis appear loving in this short scene and mom already is using a formalistic female name for him when she is *laying down the law*? What is really going on? I can't see anything like forced fem, drugging with male blockers and female hormones or anything *evil* in their actions so what is the motivation?

Is sis just following mom's lead or does she know something Chris doesn't know also? Still, why hasn't mom tols hin WHY shewe is don't this? Advice of the doctors? Tryoing to make it easier? Whatever it is it is stressing Chris. And now a hair dressing or ear piercing appointment?

"You've got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy!"

-- grin --

Short but sweet.

Well we know for one thing, after meeting that school gossip, SHE will be known as a girl at school whether he or she wants it.

Nice.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. A few minor typos, testosterone is misspelled for one. Otherwise an easy read.

John in Wauwatosa

i typed this up in like 5

i typed this up in like 5 mins or so in notepad and no spellchecker. Honestly i dont know where the story is going either i guess we will have to find out. Its just something that came to me out of the blue and changes whenever i go for a nap.

Might want to make a few simple notes.

Just simple waypoints in the story line.

Things you want to answer or make readers think about.

You can always change them but if you have a rough guide of where you think this may go it could help. It could help you aviod painting your self in a corner plot wise. Or messing up names, one of MY mistakes.

Some peole like detailed outlines before writing but that is up to you.

Pretty few proofing errors for a rush job with no spell check. Not that I was looking for them but little jumped out so anything there was did not distract from my enjoyment as a reader.

Good start.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Not so sure about the 'loving' part

since they don't seem to even be willing to give Chris any kind of say in what's happening, or even acknowledge a dissenting opinion?

Is Chris really male, or a trans-man? There's no direct reference to male genitalia given in the story, and everyone else's reactions reads to me like Chris may in fact be biologically female, in which case this story is kind of terrifying, if not something most of us could identify with. I know I, for one, desperately prayed for a female puberty that never came when I was a teenager, so even the references to a male puberty kicking in could be simply wishful thinking.

The typos and general haphazard feeling of the story was a bit distracting, but if it really only took five minutes, it's understandable :P Besides, if someone really were stuck in that situation I doubt their thoughts would be in the best order anyhow.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Melanie E.

I think he said he was still waiting for male puberty to hit

And that something was weird in that his testosterone was making him more and more female such that only female clothing would fit anymore. IE it was like she was having a female puberty.

Reeks of one of those androgen insensitivity conditions OR a female who external appeared male at birth. IE something commonly called intersex these days.

Could this be like in Angela's My Cheri Amour where the child was both sexes but the family chose to raise him/her sex neutral-- though mostly as a boy as that was how she/he thought of herself as a kid -- so that he/she could chose on their own when adulthood loomed and medical reasons to chose would surface? Where they even went so far as to lie about her periods and kept her out of situations where he/she might *compare genitals* and learn the truth of what was a male and a female unlike his/her both.

In that tale they did trick him/her into presenting all one summer as a girl so he/she could get a taste of what being both sexes was like and could chose. Sort of forced fem but done lovingly.

-- snicker --

Interesting start.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Added some more to hopefully

Added some more to hopefully answer some questions.

Be kinda ive never really done stuff like this before.

Much Better Now...

Thanks for the update. There's certainly enough still up in the air here to take this further, if you're so inclined.

Eric

I will definitely reread

I will definitely reread since you've made additions. I can tell you though from reading what you originally posted that I am looking forward to more of this story.

Rather cruel

I wonder what they're thinking. Their kid is identifying as a boy, wants to be a boy and they try to force him being a girl. Growing boobs doesn't make him a girl. If someone would report this, the family might very well lose custody of Chris.

There certainly should be possibilities to fix the hormones of a boy who has a weird hormone production.

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi

What title

you will NOT embarrass the family anymore?!!
But it's OK for the family to publicly embarrass Chris,
and destroy his reputation at school ect.!
Never mind embarrassment this can get a kid KILLED!!
How smug will sister be at the funeral?

My take on it...

I honestly thought the punchline was going to be that it was a genetic girl who had been deluding herself since birth that she was actually a guy, and her mother had had enough.

One way or another, I'm looking forward to more.


The girl in me...
She's always there and she's usually wrong :-)

My take...

From what I can gather, Chris is biologically male and has male self-identity but (a) his testes haven't descended and (b) he has testosterone production problems, so is acquiring certain female secondary sex characteristics (wider hips, gynecomastia). There came a point where male clothes didn't fit correctly any more, so he was initially given androgynous female clothing.

Unfortunately since then, (a) his chest has continued growing and (b) there was the skate park incident. It appears as though society in general thinks he looks more like a girl than a boy, and his family have evidently decided that the path of least resistance is to follow nature's lead.

This "live as a girl for the summer" trial was evidently a means of encouraging him to accept the biological changes which were already becoming more than apparent to people around him - and it appears at this mall trip that mum's decided that total immersion is the best strategy rather than continue to allow him to wear androgynous clothes. After all, nails and hair aren't permanent changes and can easily be reversed. However, they could at least have chosen a mall in another town, where there'd be very little chance of meeting anyone he knew...

The other aspect they appear to have overlooked (unless Chris isn't telling us) is arranging appointments with a therapist - someone who Chris can discuss his biological changes with and the reactions of those around him, so guiding him towards making his own informed decision (from the head rather than the heart, so to speak) on his own future.

 

Find me on Google+ | Examine EAFOAB Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Nice one...

tmf's picture

Just re-read this one. A very nice tale, just wondering if there is any more...

Peace and Love tmf

Peace, Love, Freedom, Happiness
and
Health