Sweet Dreams-19..So Snow White; Are you going to order the apple? Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-19.. So Snow White; Are you going to order the apple? Part2

Chapter 19 part 2

* Alex’s Part……

Everything had started off really good and then Dad started in with his snide little remarks in the limo it was really cool seeing her fire right back at him. I was so proud of her for pretty much breaking her entire pay check to pay for all of the things tonight without dipping into anything else.

We ended up picking up some of my dad’s cronies Leon Panichi and his wife and their twin girls, Geoffrey Scanta and his mid life crisis. Then there was Aubrey Zane and his wife Debora, Deb was still someone I knew a little older than Geoff's mid life crisis but only a little. It must be a "thing" really only Mrs. Panichi and April were over thirty, but not over thirty five.

I knew the girls from the early days at the club and they went to a different school than I ended up going to and Scantha’s mid life crisis Anna was likely only around twenty if that I was soon getting barraged by questions and they had said they had spent the summer in Italy and started showing off just how good their Italian was.

The other’s joined in and I was fending off questions about me and Hunter and football and school and…Yeah…I fell for it.

The little look on Debora’s face as Hunter excused herself and left looking for the bathroom and the cutting little remarks. I see there’s these coy and bitchy little smirks between her and the twins.

April gets up and follows and Adam goes to catch her wrist and I reach over at the same time and I grab his jacket sleeve and with a sharp tug I pull him hard enough he misses her.

He shoots me a look and I ignore it instead I’m looking at Debora. As I get up.

“It’s just a spade calling a spade when you’re the one bringing that up Deb. I mean other than Zane’s account balance just what really do you two have in common?”

Her eyes went wide and she looked to Zane like as to say do something and he looks at me and I lean past him as I’m going. “You knew, he told you to tell her what to do so…go ahead Aubrey… give me a reason…please.”

I move towards the bathrooms and look at the twins. “No…You’re just not fucking worth it.”

I get to the bathroom and see Hunter coming out of the bathroom. She gives me this look, she got her make up fixed up and we stop and stare at her eyes and she’s looking at me and I can see a lot of hurt there but determination too. I see the redness on her knuckles instead of just her eyes and they’re skinned until they’re bleeding, not a lot but it’s just I can see the red seeping into the spiderweb of skin around her knuckles. I step up and hold her and she’s tense for a terrifying few minutes… I think when she didn’t feel like she usually did I stopped breathing and when she lets out this little sigh and presses against me I think my heart started back up.

“I’m sorry.”

“You should be, you volunteered me for this whole set up.”

“I’m really sorry? I should’ve seen all of it coming.”

“It’s okay; he obviously put a lot of effort into this. Alex, the fact you didn’t clue in’s a good thing. Okay? I like you’re not like him and not into the head games.”

“I still should have kno…” she cuts me off by kissing me long and slow and deeply right there in front of everyone in the place including the ones at our table. She breaks the kiss and I reach into my pocket…

* Hunter’s part……

I run into the ladies room and into a stall past several women and hit the floor on my knees and I can’t help it. I start to hyperventilate a bit and I’m trying to cry but instead of crying I’ve got the super blurry watery eyes…it’s just not the same and drops of blood are dripping from my nose into the bowl and the headache just gets to the point of the lights in the bathroom just seem to get brighter and brighter until they almost flare and it’s like a balloon or something got popped and the little bit of food I’ve already had comes up in a rush.

I really don’t have to get too descriptive there right, just thing a bit of the rice stuff and soup and fancy Italian salad.

The worse is the nosebleed mixed with the water or whatever from nearly crying stuffing me up just as bad as if I was crying. Getting sick and not being able to breathe through your nose is not a great experience.

Then just like on TV or a book and stuff April’s there and she’s holding my head, and has my hair pulled back for me and she’s rubbing my back making these soothing sounds. That has me lose it.

I mean It hits like a heart attack and a migraine…just her doing this being this human to me, being a fucking hundred times the woman my own fucking mother was just by doing this…

I really get upset, and I would be bawling my eyes out if I could and part of me wants to, needs too but it just gets to that point and Cliff’s in my head again and he’s sticking the pins in me, hurting me and telling me.

“You fuckin cry baby, I’ll give you something to cry about!”

I have a flashback right there and then of being seven and I’d been upset, hungry…there wasn’t anything in the house and what was there Cliff ate…he put his foot on my chest and pinned me to the couch and ate the last of our food stoned and laughed at me

And when I cried he tortured me until I stopped. I remember in that haze of PTSD flashback the smell of meth burning as Mom was lying on the couch sparking up a crystal and giving us this goofy she’s not there grin and smiling as Cliff’s shoving a safety pin into the meat of my foot.

“Stop it, stop it, you little fuck, it ain’t going to do you a bit of fuckin good, nobody cares, nobody cares and no one eva will.”

Well fuck you Cliff.
Fuck you Mom.
Fuck You Cliff.

If those ingrained pains are what’s in my head keeping me from feeling then I’ll just have to do better.

I sit up and away from April and haul off and punch the wall of the bathroom stall. It hurts…good…I punch with the other hand one after another not caring that it hurts but caring that it needs to hurt. It’s denting in a couple of places and April’s trying to pull me back and I’m saying it out loud in that sort of hurting raw from being upset so much kind of way.

“Fuck you Cliff, Fuck you Mom, Fuck you Cliff! Fuck you! Fuck You! Fuck you!”

April backs off freaked I think as I hit the wall of the bathroom stall about a dozen times until the pain I’m feeling is even more than the pain that Cliff had inflicted on me and overrides it and the tears start to run and flow down my face and I start crying.

I cover my face with my hands and start sobbing and that’s when April pulls me onto her lap and I cry into her stomach a bit. It doesn’t last that long really and I think that part of it is that I’m just so unused to crying that it stops so fast but I feel like…

I feel like the screws that someone has been turning into my skull all evening have been removed and I can thing and I can breathe.

I look up at April and I give her a smile, or as much of one as I have in me. “Oh I bet you’re regretting saying you’d help me out.”

A couple of these great big tears roll out of her eyes and down her cheeks and more follow as she kisses me on my forehead.

“Not on you’re life kiddo; you wanted my help….well you got it…forever…” She’s all sniffly and everything but she pulls me into a hug and flushes the toilet. “C’mon lets get out of here; I don’t want to be here.”

“No…” I say it and sniffle and rub at my eyes.

“Adam went too far Hunter, I’m really unhappy with his ass and you don’t have to stay here and put up with it.”

“Yeah, I do have to stay April. I have to show him that this…that this is nothing. And it is…” I hold my hands up covered in my own blood. “Adam has no idea of the hell that I’ve already been through.”

April locks eyes with me after she too took a long look at my hands. “You want to talk about it?”

I nod. “Someday, when I’m in a time and a place were I can get it out right. I’m all sorts of fucked up but I know that I’m all sorts of fucked up. I figure at some point I’m going to have to deal but right now I’m still in survival mode.”

“Okay, but the offer’s open.”

“Thanks April, other than Alex you’re probably the person who’s actually done the most for me in my life…ever…”

That makes her cry again and she’s got that look that once in a perfect stone mom would have on her face and that’s that look that most kids get from a parent who cares about their kid.

It’s so bittersweet really.

We take a few minutes just being quiet as I go out to the sinks and the mirrors and wash the blood off my hands. I don’t even feel the sting of the soap. I blow my nose which was really bad and there’s all the stuffy stuff from my crying all mixed in with the blood from my nose bleed.

“That doesn’t look good Hunter.”

“I’m used to it.”

“How long have you had them, the nose bleeds?”

“Probably since I was ten or so, usually when I’m upset.”

“Have you seen a doctor about them?”

I just gave her this look. She actually gets it. “Okay, we’ll have to get you on my insurance.”

“Maybe…I dunno, can we talk about it later?”

“Sure.” She got that look on her face and was smiling without knowing it. I could just not be all into her having a Mom/Big sister moment but really…Her and Adam don’t have kids. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist does it?

I let her fix my face and she has one of those magic stain pen things and she fixes the spot on my dress from where I dropped the bit of salad. While she’s doing that she gave me a toothbrush and paste from her purse to use.

Apparently a lot of girls bring stuff like that when they go out places in their purse. It makes a lot of sense and I won’t be going back to the table with puke breath.

***

I smile a bit relaxing into Alex’s arms as he’s holding me with a lot of people watching us. Yeah I was mad and hurt by what happened but I meant what I said. I’m glad he’s not the kind of guy that would have stuff like this thought out, I like the fact that I’m more the cynical ass in the relationship and even if he’s damaged too he’s Still my Alex and he’s still so sweet.

There’s this little goosepimply moment when he reaches into his pocket after we’re done kissing and yeah I know it’s so very girly kind of cliché but I was even if a little bit expecting a ring or a box for jewellery or something.

But no it’s his phone.

Most people don’t really think how loud the speakers on their phones are and I’ve no idea what he’s doing when he takes it out and set’s it on the table of this couple having supper closest to us saying “Please, excuse me.”

He turns to me and he takes my arms and he holds me, kisses me as these sort of familiar guitar chords start to play. Then right there in front of everyone we start to slow dance as the song… “More than words.” Starts to play from his I-phone.

And…

And sniff…

He’s got his head nuzzled close to mine and he’s singing to me. He's not that good, but he's doing it for me...he's so close off and he's singing to...

To me…

I really, really don’t know how to put how I’m feeling but what’s the complete opposite of every shitty moment of my life called?

Who…?

I means seriously who…?

I’ve got to be a girl because this…him…doing this totally makes up for everything that happened so far tonight…

I’m so in love with him right now it feels like…

If love was light, I’d be shining like the star that shone then night Jesus was born.

Okay… Bring it, I can face anything.

(Chapter 19 to be concluded in part 3.)

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Triumph!

April is on their team! Yaaaay! Was so hoping for it, and there it is. Woot!

Alright, those nose-bleeds and headaches are really getting me worried. Don't know much about those types of things, but really hoping that it's just a stress reaction. Ugh, please don't let it be something like what Tay in 'Images' has been dealing with. It would totally be the last straw if the lifelong abuse Hunter lived with caused some sort of deeper illness.

Way to go Alex! Knew you had it in ya'! Always amusing when the offspring shows the 'parent' how they're supposed to behave. Wonder if Adam has enough humility left in his soul to feel embarrassed or ashamed by how much better a person his son has turned out then Adam himself. Just totally picturing a 'Vader' & 'Luke' moment; "I'll never join you!".

So much tenderness, so many ups and downs... Love it all, and want more, more, more! Mkay, I know, relax, breath, eat chocolate and sigh over they romance, wipe a few tears and say... You're the AWESOME'ST BAILEY!!!

Alright, got that out of my system hehe. Thanks for another fantastic chapter, hon. As always, loving the story and looking forward to more =]

~Astronomically Big Hugs n Stuff~
Jen ^^

Hunter is definitely an enigma

He has physical features that make it easy to pass as female and an attractive one. And there are other strange medical conditions. I don't recall, has he ever gone through anything resembling a normal male puberty? The nose bleeds under stress could be minor or very serious. He needs a proper evalation ASAP. Thank god for April. What the hell does she see in the man that makes her stay despite the almost toxic household?

And Alex's dad need a serious wake up call. I suggest a massive heart attack and NO ONE comes to see him in the hospital. Dying is too good for him. He either emotionally ignored her into or drove Alex's mom to drugs and the suicide.

I'd be tempted if I was Hunter to buy the bastard a brandy throw it on him and set him on fire but he is a mother-fu... lawyer and likely has fellow assholes in high places.

I take it technically Alex is in his dad's law firm in some capacity? Some kind of tax dodge?

Either throw all the company cards and crap in his face or start running up an outragious tab on the cards as dad is such a controling jerk. Has he bent/violated the law? Turn him into the system or out his behaviour to rivals.

Hum, why do he and the delightfully compassionate April have no children? Is either sterile? Has HE decided they should not? IE worried about dividing his business *empire*?

Hunter made an honest oveeture of friendship to him and he threw it in her face. And what was this crap about "I know what you are. You know what you ,are" or whatever it was he said as she left?

Does he know shes a guy? Or dies he think SHE'S a druggie/prostitute?

Time to make the bastards pay and the bitches at the dinner. If these sick mind games are what they want then image is everything to them. Time to hurt them. Hum, don't the bitch twin realize their dad must have screwed over their mother to get his trophy/call-girl mid-life criss wife or is money all they care about?

Ack!

Damn but you write such emotionally *true* stuff. Very impressive.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Oh my god John I've never heard you so

ticked off and passionate about one of my characters before. I'm not going to put up more spoiler stuff but the Adam we all know and love is a different guy with April.

Alex is a employee of the firm and he's listed under things as a consultant.

I'm not going to go into more but you really gave me some MORE great thoughts on stuff with this story with your awesome comments.

Thank you, thank you, thank you:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Oh..I so like reading, romance and chocolate:)

I'm not going to throw in too many spoilers here but I so love the way that you're rooting for April as well as Hunter and Alex. Writing in those ups and downs is one of the reasons that I like this story so much.

I Loved the comment Jen and the hugs.
*Great Big Heartfelt Hugs back*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I think I love April for

I think I love April for that, in one small show of compassion she's won me over, I like how she offers to get Hunter on HER insurance to get Hunter medical care she seriously needs.

I would be surprised if Alex doesn't finally see there more to April than he thought and he realises she's nothing like Adam.

I like how Alex just gets in there and starts dancing with Hunter regardless of what everyone else there thinks. I also like how he helped April escape Adam's attempt to stop her going to Hunter.

I especially enjoyed when Alex turned Debora's remark back herself, obviously her superiority is just an act cause she's only rich through wedlock without that she's nothing, not only that but she probably did marry to be a kept whore, even if it gives her a more socially acceptable title of wife I doubt there's love any love there in which case a kept whore is all she really is.

Hunter needs to get back and fire a salvo at the bitches next remarks cutting them all down, I expect Hunters return fire will cut even deeper than what she's received because unlike the crap they've been hitting Hunter with what Hunter says will be the truth laid bare. Truths hurt more than fiction.

By the way Bailey remember next week onwards I wont be able to write such long comments cause of surgery but know I be thinking them with passion :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thank you for these great comments Lizzie.

You've actually helped me think a lot of things for the characters and I'm so glad that you like April. I'm going to try to do more with her in the story. April is also as much in evolution as Hunter in an in story character way. She's had no idea that being there for Hunter would mean so much to her so fast.

She's getting that warmth you feel mixed with that little ache that's there when those maternal feelings hit and...Well I can imagine you get what I'm talking about.

It's going to get interesting and don't worry about the long comments. I love even the short ones too from all of you.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

"Okay… Bring it, I can face anything."

wow. Hon, I hope you understand that it took me a couple of times to actually read this chapter - it just hit too close to home for me. But it was an amazing end. She is such a fighter, she just wont give up, and I love her.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

It gets bad for so many doesn't it.

I wanted to share in that and show you can dig down and you can fight back and sometimes you can find that person to love the real you.

Thanks for sticking with this Dorothy.
And the wonderful comments, plus inspiring others with the strength you share with us.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

April definitely

is showing her class, she may just get a son and a daughter out of this.
you look like your determined to have everyone crying this morning.
can't wait to see what you pull out next, thanks

Thanks so much LoneWolf:)

This are definitely starting to take shape. There's nothing like a bit of drama, then some romance and a dance scene first thing in the morning.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting LoneWolf.
It always means something special.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Self-Esteem

Back a few decades ago when the self-esteem social engineering thing was taking over our school systems, I knew then that the powers that be just didn't get it. Like so much in life, respect has to start at home. When your parents ground you down telling you how worthless you are, absolutely nothing can make up for that! You can as Hunter has proved fight your way back, but it's a long hard battle with many painful setbacks. From a painful blow to a careless word it all hurts. In some cases it's like Adam. Maybe he does care about Alex, but it seems he also gets off on the power trip of being in charge. Just like rape isn't about sex, but is about power, so is this in my eyes. Perhaps I am being harsh, but as one who's been a victim of the only the careless word I have little sympathy for such parents. For those who has done such things to kids like they did to Hunter, Capital punishment is too light.

April has really surprised me, as Adam has only live down to my expectations. Her reaching out to Hunter touched me particularly after seeing the girl fighting her demons. That's takes a strength of character many simply don't have. Being afraid they would've left, but not April. Her offer of help up to and including the health insurance thing shows she suspects the nose bleed thing could be something very bad. I hope not, but only fate and the author knows for sure!

As for the end, you don't tug on my heart strings Bailey, you play them like a violin! LOl!
Hugs
Grover

Thanks Grover!

What a great comment. I totally get where you get it at home or as close to that as some kids get. I'll use my dad as an example. Both my parents worked so we grew up on the really good side of being latch-key kids even living out in the country.
Anyway we'd cook supper but my Dad would save up his breaks so he could drive home and pick up two plates of supper and drive to my Mom's work so they could eat supper together in the breakroom in front of all her co-workers.

I get so much of me from them and stuff like that.

That being said one of my neighbors was a serious control freak with his kids and they ended up all sorts of disfunctional. Like a lot of things too Adam might just be a product of his upbringing too.

I'm so glad that you liked this so much.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Major Tissue Alert

Dang, you weren't kidding about that. I'd comment more but I have to go make the pizza now, and my mom's gonna ask why I look all bawly-faced. Loved it, can't wait for part 3...

*BIG HUGS*
Lees

Aaaw Thanks Lees:)

I'm so glad that you got that into it, just getting to know it hit that right spot is just as good as the long ones too. Have fun with the pizza and movies.
*GREAT BIG HUGS BACK.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

About April,

Since this is BCTS, as I often mention, is April's childlessness an indication that she's TS? Sure as hell Adam doesn't know. She could become even more helpful to Hunter if she has that kind of knowledge and experience. It makes it more likely that she could read Hunter, but I'm sure she is smart enough to keep such information away from Adam.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

No, sorry Renee:)

April is 100% GG. Her kindness is more stemming from that kind of spoiled rotten uppity bitch that had something happen or several things happen in her life between the time she got out of high school or college and her age now.

Some people do change once they realize most of the petty stuff in school and the like so often doesn't apply in real life. A lot of popular kids find out that really in the real world that no one really cares who you used to be.

Anyway, Thanks for reading and commenting.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Ok Bailey, heres my final

Ok Bailey, heres my final comment till you write more!

I Cant wait for Part 3

You have done so well trapping me into liking Hunter's character, This story reminds me of a movie called Just one of the Guys, except exact opposite like Corey Haim's Just one of the girls (I know almost the same title), It seems that Alex's dad might be able to warm up to Hunter, after finding out that she paid for all her clothes for this event.


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!

Well Darkkitten I'm so glad you liked this:)

I really like Hunter's Character, I like writing for her and getting to ride that roller coaster of feelings this story brings out.

I made myself cry this morning writing.
It was all spilling out then this moment...and scene.
Yeah...
*Huge Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

OK everyone, please pardon my language

Jesus Tapdancing Christ Bailey! I am so in love with Alex, April and Hunter right now that it makes my head hurt! Bloody Hells! the way Alex rounds the dozens on the upper class twits and twats made me laugh, made me proud of him, *blush* made me hot for him and made me cry. April was so angelic, so loving, so kind and so caring, my heart asplode... this is the mom Hunter deserves and has finally received (oh i hope!).

Hunter has had that so long awaited breakthrough... finally beating that Inflamed Asshole Cliff and the Scunt of a bio-mom, thrashing them and (hopefully) allowing the psychic wound to drain and start to heal. I honestly think Hunter managed the breakthrough because April was there.

Then Alex dancing with Hunter and singing to her... Dammit Bailey, you keep punching me in the soul. I think April, Hunter and Alex will form a very tight new family core, with Adam orbiting till he manages (Sheeeya, right!) to make his heart grow three sizes.

Adam... (so many anger... ARRRRRRG) Adam doesn't deserve his son or his second wife...he really doesn't deserve the bright white light that is Hunter anywhere near him. he deserves the cold morally bankrupt life he seems to enjoy.... until the only things worth living for leave him.
Adam may be redeemable, but he'll have to work fucking hard to be worthy of his family...

Goddess Bailey, get Hunter to the doctors ASAP! I Will Hunt You Down like Kathey Bates in Misery if she doesn't get her happily ever after!

Thank you Bailey... thank you.
Hugs,
Diana

Green Diana, Red Diana, Rainboy Diana?

Well, now you're under some serious pressure to write well for this story, Bailey. Don't want to make Diana angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry.

And I recently learned she's not limited to turning only green...

Tip-Toein' Lisa

(Glad she found a way to cry, and let some of that unhealthy emotional pressure out. Hopefully someday she can do that without punching walls... And I'm glad April can feel those maternal feelings, especially with a new sort-of daughter.)

Diana Smash!

in my all new Comics code approved, one size stretches to fit, spandex leotard!
GRR AARRG!*
Diana
* my shout out to Joss Whedon, holla!

LOL! My God and Goddess I Love You Two!

You put such a great big huge smile on my face with these comments and made me really, really want to HUG the pair of you.

I guess all I can add is.
I LOVE YOU BOTH:)
and....
Part 3! is up.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Love and Hugs

Aww, you know we love you too, Bailey. Glad you love our comments. Least we can do for putting smiles (and tears) on our own faces so often with your great stories, especially this one. Hugs are always nice, and gladly accepted, though.

That scene with April helping Hunter in the bathroom was awesome, and I can't think of any way it could be improved upon. It had me bawling in several spots.

I'm glad Hunter could find a way of short circuiting Cliff's behavioral modification which keeps her from being able to cry, even if temporarily. It's worth a bit of bleeding and bruising to the knuckles, which will heal. It's healthy to let that emotion out, and I think that's why she gets the migraines and bloody noses (at least, I hope there's no physiological problem behind them).

And Alex dancing with her when she came out was a great touch, too. Both to calm and reassure Hunter, and to rub in the noses of those back at the table that the two of them are together and happy.

*Big Hug*
Lisa

Love and Hugs are Awesome Lees:)

I Love that you get Hunter so much. That whole part where you're talking about her getting past Cliff's shit was just sounding like you get her.

I Love that Song too.
Thanks so much Honey:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I love April!!!

Pamreed's picture

Adam is going to be lonely tonight!! He is a total asshole!!!
The "ladies" at the table are about to find out they made a
big mistake!! If anything Alex and Hunter are more in love
because of this!!

Hugs,
Pamela

Me too Pam, April really stepped up.

It's a really powerful chapter here and I'm so glad that I was able to share this with people.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Its hitting the fan tonight

Jamie Lee's picture

Oh is his fanny in the fire tonight! He is about to met a mother who is going to show him how a mother protects her cubs. If he doesn't end up a few pounds lighter it's because she didn't remove enough meat where he sits.

Deb and her twin bitches may also face a new kind of reality, one at a category 5 rating. Her name is Hunter this season, and she is rather fierce when she wants to be.

Others have feelings too.