Summer's End, Part 1

Printer-friendly version
Contemplation
  

Summer's End
Part 1
By S.L.Hawke

It was shaping up to be a very memorable Halloween... or Samhain, "Summer's End" festival, as some would call it. It had all started a few "interesting" months back... of the, "may you live in interesting times", Chinese curse variety. Interesting times, that kept getting progressively more "interesting" -- both the good parts, and the bad -- up until this disturbing weekend. Sometimes, you must pass through a little darkness, before you can come into the light...

Copyright © 2011 S.L.Hawke. All Rights Reserved.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

This is an (almost) true Halloween horror story -- loosely based on reality, it is semi-autobiographical in places... although the 'Autobiographical' tag has not been used, as poetic license has _definitely_ been taken. Which parts are true, and which are pure fantasy? "Truth is stranger than fiction...". Names have been changed to "protect the innocent"... and many events have also been deliberately scrambled a bit, to further obfuscate things -- so that if someone *does* recognize an actual person despite the name changes, they won't know who really did, or said, what. [And of course, some parts are purely imagination -- things *no one* actually did.]

There are many tales out there, about dressing for the first time... or early transition. This is something just a little different. Life, long after the dust has settled... but in unusual circumstances, where nearly forgotten gender issues once again come back to the surface...

CAUTION: This is an entry in the "TG Terror" contest: don't expect it to be entirely 'sweetness and light'. (Although, hopefully, the good times outweigh the bad). Contains mature adult content and themes -- reader discretion is advised. Occasional (rare) use of strong language, when it is appropriate. Occasional (rare) use of what some may consider 'explicit sexual' references or content, when necessary to the plot development.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PART I: The Nightclub

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Mid August, Wednesday, 12:45.

I have some fond memories of driving that old car on hot summer days, with my long hair flowing back through the open T-top roof... and the drive out to the lake today had been another of those memorable experiences. By the time I had pulled into the beach parking lot, the combination of sun and wind had really relaxed me -- I was looking forward to sunbathing, and maybe a little cautious swimming... truly happy, perhaps for the first time in what felt like ages. Had it really only been a couple weeks, since my life had changed so dramatically?

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Chapter 1:

Late July, Friday, 17:00.

"Hey Crystal, what are you up to, tonight?"

"Oh, hi, Barb," I muttered, pinning my cell phone to my shoulder with my head, while trying to unlock my car door. "Nothing much. What's up?"

"I heard that there is a really good new dance club, that opened down on the south side a few weeks back. Supposed to be an excellent mix of music, and lots of people our age, or younger, there. Interested in checking it out?"

"Oh, fudge!" I barely refrained from swearing, as I felt the cell phone start to slip. Picking it up off the pavement, it seemed okay... so I continued, "You still there?"

She laughed. "Hey, if you don't want to go, you don't have to blow my eardrums out! What was THAT?"

I sighed. "Just me being a klutz, sorry. Anyway, I would love to come... do you want me to meet you there, or what?"

"Umm... how about if you pick me up around nine-ish, so that I can tell you how to get there? I don't exactly know the address, but I think I can find it from what a co-worker told me earlier."

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Friday, 22:12.

"You sure this is the right place, _this_ time?" I grinned as I tilted my head towards her, to take any sting out of my comment.

She rolled her eyes, with a sort of half-smirk. "Picky, picky. So that other place ended up being a country and western bar... but this one definitely looks more promising. Anyway, this way we're just fashionably late -- these places never really get rocking before ten, anyway..."

Locking up my old beater of a car, I wished yet again that I could afford something better... more reliable. Funds had been rather tight of late, what with my severely reduced hours, due to unexpectedly getting hurt at work a few months back... right after blowing all my savings on a boob job. A boob job that I neither really needed, what with having been a natural large 'C' cup, nor particularly wanted... but Alex, my significant other of the time, had been so insistent, for so long...

 «Forget that loser. Live and learn, girl. You are much better off without him, » I thought to myself. I was still getting by okay, though... enough that I could afford an occasional night out with friends... but only if I really watched what I spent.

"You coming, or are you planning on standing there all night?"

I smiled, slightly tossing my head... as if to throw away my errant thoughts. We walked towards the club entrance, joking around as we went... but then, that was what I liked most about Barb: her ability to pull me out of my too often, of late, introspective moods. Fortunately, the line at the door was still reasonably short... and while the moderately large cover charge was an unpleasant surprise, it was not long before we were inside.

Looking around, the general layout seemed to be almost like a high ceilinged, glitzy warehouse, with a large dance floor nearest the door, a central, long bar area dividing the huge room, and tables in the back half. After stopping at the bar, we soon were staking out a small table for ourselves. Not exactly a quiet corner table... but far enough from the dance floor, bar, pool tables, and other things, that conversation should be possible...

"So, what's happening with you and work?" Barb yelled over the music.

"Don't ask. Actually, part of why I came out tonight was to forget about that -- they said they would be happy to hire me back when I am able to work again, but for now, they were letting me go."

"What?! How can they *do* that, when it was the owner's kid that caused you to get hurt in the first place?!"

I just shrugged. "Legally, they can't. But... sometimes, it just is not worth the effort to fight something like that. I hated that job anyway, and if I fought some legal battle to force them to keep me on, I really doubt I would enjoy working there afterwards. It's a family business... and every time they see me having to put my arm back in my sling, it just stirs up fights between the family members. Seriously awkward to be around... plus there is the whole thing about how much a lawsuit costs -- which I can't afford -- and how long it takes..."

I shrugged, again. "Even if I found a lawyer willing to help 'on spec'... it would likely take ages to wind its way through the legal system, and the amount of money I would get after legal fees would make the whole thing an exercise in futility. I need money to pay the rent _today_, not some court ruling against them in a couple years..."

Taking a sip from my glass -- just ginger ale, since I was planning on driving later tonight -- I changed the subject. "Anyway, I made some inquiries... and what with it being a medical issue and all, they said I could apply for financial aid fairly easily. No penalty waiting period, and no having to look for work elsewhere, until I get a clean bill of health from my doctor. I really do _not_ like the idea of having to apply for 'Welfare'... but I suppose this time I am going to have to swallow my pride and just do it."

She made a sympathetic face, vaguely nodding her head. "Yeah, I guess. I know you have been fighting to avoid that for months now, but maybe it _is_ for the best. How is your shoulder doing, anyway? I noticed that you aren't wearing your sling, tonight..."

"Making progress, slowly. I am getting sick of the painful physio exercises, but it has reached the point where, so long as I don't move my right arm outside of some definite limits, or try to pick up anything over a couple kilo's in weight, the pain isn't too bad. Repetitive motions like typing also sets it off... which is why I can't even do light office work right now... but it is definitely getting better. A couple more months, and I should be clear to go back to 'light' work -- somewhere -- and able to get back on my feet, so to speak. If I was not already just about wiped out, I would just live on my savings till then... but as it is, things are just too tight. I guess I will apply next week. Actually, I already have an appointment to see a case worker on Wednesday."

"Why Welfare, anyway? I mean... shouldn't this be, like, Short Term Disability, or Employment Insurance, or... something?"

I shrugged, opening my eyes wide and rolling them, while tilting my head and gesturing with my free hand. "Who knows what madness lurks in what passes for the microscopic minds of Government? I know nada about this sort of thing, since I have never used it before... so I asked -- and this was the program that the helpline agent told me that I needed to apply for... and actually, it isn't really called 'Welfare'. I mean, *I* call it that, but I think the official term is something like 'Income Assistance', or some other silly, politically correct buzz phrase du jour. Whatever... I still feel the same about taking it, regardless of whatever they call it..."

"Well, good for you, girl! I mean, about actually making an appointment -- it is way passed time you just got out of that mess, no matter how you have to do it." She held up her glass in a sort of salute, then added, "Enough of that depressing crap. Let's have some fun!"

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Friday, 23:35.

"What do you think?" Barb asked, turning towards me in the crowded bathroom. Fixing her makeup, without having her elbow jostled, had been a challenge... and she had given up entirely on getting close enough to the mirror to really check herself out.

"Better than mortal man deserves!" I quipped back. From her pleased smile... but otherwise clueless expression... I gathered the old Terminator reference had gone completely over her head.  «Not a classic Sci-Fi fan, obviously, » I thought with an internal giggle.

I smiled again, as my thoughts strayed. Barb wasn't the most feminine of girls... actually, she was a bit on the butch side... but she did clean up well, when she dressed for a night out. Not beautiful... but at least fairly pretty, in a 'strong' sort of way. Which was a good thing, when a couple girls wanted a night out -- but were a little short on cash. The smile turned into a mild smirk, as I thought of the guys who had been buying us drinks.

 «Dream on, dudes. Unless I am reading her wrong, I suspect she is more likely to ask _me_ to go home with her tonight, than any of them. »

Not that that particular prospect bothered me in any way... I knew we were both bi... but part of me hoped it wouldn't come to that. From the few times we had gone out together since meeting, I knew she was fun to hang out with occasionally... but there was no real magic there. Sex just for sex's sake had always had little appeal for me... I suppose that makes me a little old-fashioned, but I have always preferred "making love", to "hooking up"...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Friday, 23:48.

As the dance ended, I found myself looking deep into Barb's eyes, with our hips grinding together and our right legs intertwined.  «That girl really knows how to dirty dance! » I thought. Lost in the passion of the moment, slowly, oh so slowly, I leaned in towards her... ready to stop, if she even hinted resistant. Finding none, I gently pressed my moist lips against hers... eyes wide open. Her own eyes were smiling, as I felt her soft lips part and her tongue lightly dance across my own lips -- only to pull away, sharply, as some idiot guys started applauding from the dance floor beside us.

"Sorry," I mouthed quietly towards her, as we both rolled our eyes at the jerks, then slipped apart back to our table.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 00:15.

The small glass of white wine I had finally decided to indulge in, figuring I would still be safe to drive if I kept it to only one, sparkled as I held the glass up to the light. Still savouring the taste from a small sip, I glanced up as two young women... little more than teenagers, actually... came over to talk.

"Hi!" The shorter of the two, vaguely Goth looking girls, un-originally said. "We saw you two out on the floor earlier... and just wanted to say that we think it is great that you could do something like that, at a straight club like this."

Barb just shrugged, with a lazy grin... while I took advantage of being turned slightly away from them, to momentarily cross my eyes, then glance briefly upwards with a slight shake of my head. "Thank you," I said with a smile, as I turned towards them.

At first, I thought this was going to be just another mindless exchange of meaningless pleasantries... so to be honest, I did not pay much attention to what was said after that -- letting Barb carry the conversation. But somehow, things turned to one of the girls complementing Barb on her tattoo -- or what she could see of it. That lead to Barb glancing around for watching guys; then leaning in, so that, with our four bodies blocking the view of anyone else, she could slip her top off her shoulder completely, to give them a better view.

"Kewl. I don't have any tat's... but we both just did our nipples last weekend."

I blinked, as both girls took advantage of the short crop tops they were wearing, lifting the bottom edges up just enough to expose their (bra-less) nipples to us.  «Well, they definitely do have their nipples pierced... but jeez, I wonder what they think they are doing, exposing themselves like that? Seeing if they can get the "lesbians" wet, or what? From the way they did that in perfect sync, I'll bet they planned this... »

Glancing around, it seemed that they had gotten away with it, though. No one even seemed to have noticed anything unusual... which I suppose wasn't that unlikely, given that from outside the tight cluster of our bodies, it was doubtful anyone could have seen anything...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 00:22.

Luke was fairly cute, I must admit. Athletic looking, without being too muscle bound. Masculine, with rugged good looks, but not just a jock. A rather charming gentleman, in fact... as was his slightly taller friend Jeff, who Barb also seemed to be enjoying attention from. We drifted towards the dance floor, leaving the third, shorter and slightly overweight guy, Sid, to watch our drinks and purses, along with his buddy Rob... who made me feel vaguely uncomfortable, although I could not say exactly why. The fifth guy in the party, James, was already too wasted to care where he was... as Sid also seemed to be rapidly working on achieving. Jake was supposed to be around somewhere, but we had not seen him, yet.

All of them were technically too young for me... but what the heck. It is not every day that a 'hot young stud-muffin' comes on to me, so why pop his delusion about my age? Grin.  «Just a Cougar on the prowl... » I laughed to myself. Or maybe he knew... and just did not care. I might be a few years older than him... five? ten?... but I knew I looked years younger than my age... and it was not like I was ancient, or something. They all seemed to be about college grad age... mid to late twenties, at a guess... but said that they were actually a group of oil patch workers, who had flown into the city for a few days of R and R. I suppose that was why they all looked fairly muscular -- I did not know a lot about oil rigs, but I gathered it was fairly hard (and dangerous) work... at least, if these characters' stories could be believed, anyway.

"Does Jeff really have his own airplane, or was he pulling our legs about that?" I yelled into Luke's ear, as a slow dance brought us closer together on the floor.

"Yeah, although it's just a little seven-seater prop job, not a Lear jet or anything. I think he mostly keeps it out there because the company pays him extra to have it on standby at the rig, in case of emergencies... though it sure beats wasting a day driving back to civilization, when our rotation is up."

"Rotation?"

"We work three weeks in camp, then get a week off before we hafta go back."

"Kewl. So do you live here in the city, or are you just vacationing here?"

"A bit of both. I am actually from back East, but a bunch of us got together to rent a place here for our days off. How about you, are you from around here?"

I smiled, and gave him a mock serious wink. "Now that would be telling, wouldn't it? Sorry love, but I have already had one stalker in my life... and have already learned the hard way not to give hints about where I live to strangers... or at least, not on a first date."

"A stalker? I can believe it. You're absolutely gorgeous, you know that, right?"

I smiled politely, while demurely glancing down... but inside, I just dismissed his comment as outrageous flirting. Pretty, maybe... and I had worked very hard to give myself a dancer's slim, lithe body... but, "gorgeous"? Silly, I know. I have heard comments like that often enough that sometimes I wonder if they are right... but inside, I always doubt them. Too many years of hating my own body, while growing up, I suppose.

"Would you like another dance," he asked, as the current song faded out, "or are you ready for a break?"

"A break, please. My shoulder is bothering me a bit..."

As we walked up to our table, I started to reach for my glass... only to have Luke place his hand over it. Puzzled, I glanced up at him.

"Let me buy you a fresh drink," he said, with slightly uneasy body language.

With a shrug and a sunny smiled, I said, "Sure, why not. A ginger ale, please -- I'm driving tonight." At least my old drink wasn't going to waste. Behind Luke's back, I could see Barb already picking it up -- with a questioning look at me, to which I gave a tiny nod -- as we turned away.

Seeming much happier, Luke lead us off towards the bar. "No problem. Do you mind if I drink something stronger, though? We rented a stretch limo for the evening, so I don't need to worry about that."

I grinned up at him, tilting my head. "A stretch limo?! Are you serious? Must be nice to be rich..."

He laughed. "Not really... we earn pretty good wages out on the rig, but this was just a brainwave Rob came up with -- he had never ridden in one, and just wanted to do it."

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 00:34.

I stopped, as I worked my way through the crowd outside the restroom. Why was Barb just standing there like that... blankly staring off into space... motionless? I started towards her through the crowd... but before I got there, Jeff intercepted me. "Hey beautiful, my turn for a dance, okay?"

"Err... okay."

With a last, puzzled look at Barb... who didn't seem to be in any danger, even if she was acting strangely... I turned away towards the floor, quickly losing sight of her in the crowd. Sometimes, it sucks being short... at least, compared to the guys around me. Actually I am a little over average height for a woman... but in a room with guys in it, most of what I see is just the person in front of me.

When a break in the crowd opened up a few minutes later, Barb was gone... so I just put the whole thing out of my mind, quickly losing myself in the flow of the music, and the rhythm of dancing.  «Heh, not just good looking... he dances pretty well, too... »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 00:47.

"Whew. I am exhausted... can we rest again for a while?" I asked, batting my eyes up at Jeff.

"Sure. Do you need a drink?"

"Yes please... just a bottled water, though."

With a nod, I followed as he lead us over to the bar. For some reason, ordering the drinks seemed to take a lot of conversation... although maybe they were just talking about something else... before I finally saw Jeff slip something (folded money?) to the bartender. It took a few minutes, as the bartender fiddled around half out of sight, opening a new case of bottles... but at least the new case had frost on it, so they were probably ice cold. Just from habit, I watched the bartender as he walked back with my beverage, noting with pleasure that he took the time to crack the seal open for me as he walked.  «Must be nice to be that strong, » I thought.  «I always have to fight to open those caps, but he just did that effortlessly... »

Thanking Jeff, who had also picked up a beer for himself, I walked back to our table. Being very thirsty, I took a rather unladylike, large first gulp of water... which I, almost, spat back out again, as I noticed a strange, vaguely salty... almost metallic... aftertaste.  «Odd... that is supposed to be pure water, but it sure doesn't taste like it. Mineral water, maybe? Whatever. If so, there are w-a-y too many minerals in there... »

Putting the rest of the drink down, deciding to not risk whatever was wrong with it, I slipped up onto the stool at our table, spinning back around to face out towards the dance floor... which was packed with people.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2:

AUTHOR WARNING: Some people may wish to skip ahead to the last sentence of this chapter... for reasons that should be clear after reading the first few sections, if it is not already obvious...

Saturday, 01:55.

"Last call for drinks, ladies and gentlemen. The bar closes in five minutes."

I blinked, staring at the dance floor... which was almost empty.  «That's odd... I could have sworn it was full of people a minute ago... »

I glanced around, noting that James and Sid were both totally out of it... and a dark haired stranger (Jake?) was helping Sid onto his feet.  «Where did the time go... I thought it was still over an hour till closing time... »

"Hey Crystal, did you want to come see the limo, before we go?" Jeff seemed unusually intense, as he asked. Or maybe it was just me... I seemed to be having trouble focusing.

"Sure, why not." I found myself saying... even though I had seen stretch limo's before, and normally could care less about any car. It just seemed... easier... to go along with what he was saying, than to try to make an excuse...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 02:05.

"I think she has had a bit too much to drink tonight," Jeff laughed to the door bouncer, as he guided me out the door with a firm hand on my shoulder.

I blinked, as the clock on the wall by the door caught my eye.  «Five after two? I thought they just did last call, a minute ago... »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 02:10.

"So, you want to come for a ride, Crystal? We have paid for the whole night... so the driver can drop you off back here later, and you really should see what this thing is like!"

"Umm... why not?" I muttered, just wanting to sit down, anywhere.  «I don't feel real good... »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 02:25.

"Anyone want anything from the store?" Rob asked, as he opened the passenger door and started to get out.

I started to shake my head... then paused. "Yes please. A water or something... my stomach feels a bit... off." I glanced around, noticing that I was inside the limo, and that it was in an "Open 24 hours" convenience store's parking lot.  «How did we get here? And is that the right time? » I thought, noting an illuminated digital clock at the front of the passenger compartment.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 02:42.

"Hey Crystal, do you want to come with me, or do you want to stay with the guys?"

"Huh?" Not my most intelligent moment, as I snapped back to awareness once again. Luke was standing outside the open limo door, which seemed to be in a hotel parking lot, somewhere... although I could not, quite, read the hotel's name from this angle. Sid and James were standing beside him... sort of. Actually, "leaning" might be a better word for what they were doing, as they seemed to be holding each other up.

"Do you want to come stay with me in my hotel room, or go with Jeff and the guys?" Luke patiently repeated... staring into my eyes with the oddest expression. Sort of a combination of pity... a hint of anger... and... something else. The anger was not directed at me... but, it made me vaguely uneasy... and I just did not seem to have the energy to get up... or even move.

"Go with the guys, I guess. I need to get back to my car, anyway..."

 «Odd. Had Luke really mouthed the words "I'm sorry," as he turned away? I wonder why? »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 02:57.

"Come on, Crystal, end of the line. Up and at 'em, girl."

I blinked my eyes open, then forced them wide open... trying to focus. We seemed to be in the middle of a new sub-division... with partially completely houses on some of the lots. The two story, large white house in front of me looked brand new, although I noted absently that the landscaping was not yet done... and for some reason, there did not seem to be a street number on the house. Actually, although I could easily see the nearest corner, lit up by a solitary street lamp... there did not seem to be a street intersection sign, either.  «I wonder where we are? »

Following sleepily along as Jeff tugged gently on my arm -- fortunately, my left arm rather than my painful right one -- I soon found myself standing by the front door. Behind me somewhere, I vaguely heard the limo drive off... which for some reason seemed important... but only briefly, before that thought faded away.

"Come on sleepy-head, let's go get you a bed to crash on. You really seem out of it."

I smiled, vaguely. "That sounds like a great idea..."

As Jeff lead me inside, supporting me briefly as I kicked off my heels, before leading me up a flight of stairs... I thought I heard Jake talking to Rob. "How much did you use, anyway, dude? She seems totally wasted..."

Their voices faded out, as we climbed the steps... which seemed to be taking all my concentration, just to manage. For some reason, what I had heard seemed important for a moment... but then, like so many things, it just seemed too hard to focus on...

"Here we go, " Jeff exclaimed, as he lead me into what seemed a sparsely furnished, but large room. Actually, there seemed to be little in it, other than a king sized bed mattress on the floor... still wrapped in plastic, although with some bedding spread out over it... and a solitary, big cardboard box next to it. The box seemed to be being used as a nightstand, as there was a cheap alarm clock on it. Strange... but then, I vaguely recalled that what I had glimpsed of the entrance and living room, while climbing the stairs, had also been nearly empty.

 «Must be still moving in, or something... » I fuzzily thought.

"Do you think you can get undressed yourself, or would you like a little help?"

I smiled, vaguely.  «That is nice of him... I have a hard enough time getting dressed or undressed, with this shoulder -- even when I am not as dizzy as I feel right now.... »

"I would like some help, please."  «Strange. Why does this somehow feel... wrong? Showing skin has never bothered me... but... still... »

He grinned, then moved behind me. A moment later, I felt his hands fumbling at my neck, untying the halter top of my dress... followed shortly by it sliding off -- as my panties seemed to be doing, too.

 «I should say something about that...I did not mean for him to take those off, too... »

But somehow, it all just seemed unimportant, as the room faded back out of focus...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 03:17.

I jerked back to awareness, as a sharp pain stabbed into my groin. "Too rough!" I moaned, wondering who the muscular man on top of me was. I tightened my thigh muscles against his hips, frantically trying to control his depth. "Not so deep, please..."

 «Why am I having sex with someone? And goddess, is he a big one... it almost feels like he is going to split me in two, inside... »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 04:38.

"Jeez, man, what did you do to her? She is bleeding from inside... and it is bright red, fresh blood. Not like she is having a period, or something."

Someone laughed, from over beside the room's door. "What, you an expert on periods, dude?"

Exasperated, the man on top of me... who for some reason, didn't seem to be the same one I vaguely remembered from earlier... snapped back. "Fuck off, Rob. You know what I mean... I had a kinky girlfriend last year, who actually wanted to have sex during her period -- and it was nothing like this..."

Laughter, again. "That's why they call me 'the Italian Stallion', little man. 'Cause I am hung like a horse. Seriously, though... don't worry about it. I heard somewhere that menstrual blood varies a lot in appearance... and even if she really is hurt, girls are used to bleeding down there. Anyway, a little blood will just make her slipperier for you -- I hadda use lube, at first. Ice bitch was stone cold dry..." More laughter. "Ya would almost think this slut wasn't begging for this...". More laughter, this time accompanied by a sort of thump... as if he had been laughing so hard, that he fell back against the wall...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 07:46.

I vaguely remembered fading in and out a few other times... heavy, sweaty, bodies moving on top of me... loud panting in my ear, as they individually strained away, jerking my whole body as they thrust painfully into me... more pain from my shoulder, as their arms forced my own arm tight against me, almost threatening to break my elbow as the awkward angle bent it the wrong way... the prickly, slightly scratchy feeling of short morning whiskers pressed against the smooth skin of my face... disgusting, slobbering kisses smeared onto my breasts, neck, and face... more slobber, as a slimy, foul tasting smoker's tongue forced itself into my mouth... occasional stabs of intense pain from parts of my scalp, as shifting weight threatened to pull out some of my long, strawberry-blonde hair... but I had not been facing the clock, those times.

Now, it's dimly glowing numbers were right in front of my eyes. I wondered, briefly, what had woken me... for no one seemed to be on top of me, at the moment... but then, I felt a man's hand slide along the gently rounded curve of my hip, from behind. I seemed to be on my side, and as I realized this, I felt his hard organ bumping up against my bottom.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled.

"Hey, beautiful dreamer. With us again, are you? Mind if we do anal?"

Protesting seemed almost like too much work... but somehow I managed, "Not without a condom."

 «Odd. Why did I say that? I think we have already had unprotected sex, many times, vaginally. » For some reason, that seemed to bother me intensely, for a moment... but then I was distracted by his reply.

"Afraid I ain't gotta rubber, but no problem." I felt him roll me back towards him, then his hand rubbing at my clit for a moment... almost as if he were attempting to excite me. If so, he gave up far too soon... instead rolling onto me, then plunging all too quickly inside of me. I stifled a scream by softly biting his shoulder... for that had really hurt.

 «Oh goddess, that feels like I am tearing apart inside... a little more, each time he thrusts... like a slowly splitting banana peel. » Sickened by that too graphic thought -- sometimes, I hate my vivid imagination -- I tried to focus on not saying anything.

 «Just go with it... get him to cum as fast as possible, so that he will stop... »

For some reason, that thought bothered me. Not the part about rhythmically contracting my vaginal muscles, from the outside inwards... 'milking' him, to 'hurry him up'. Intercourse was always of little interest for me, so it was not the first time I had done *that* little trick for a partner before. But... everything else.

 «How did I end up here, last night? I must have agreed to having sex, at some point... didn't I? But *why* without protection? That's *totally* unlike me... »

"God. You're so tight... it's fantastic..." He moaned in my ear with pleasure... while I felt a tear trickling slowly down the side of my face, into my hair.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 09:32.

I stumbled on the stairs, but managed to catch myself without falling. I had to use my right arm to do it, though. For a moment, the excruciating pain blinded me... and, almost, masked the pain between my legs. Biting my lip, I swayed quietly in place for an aeon-long minute... trying to catch my breath.

"Do you think she will get pregnant?" The faint voice drifted softly up the stairs, from somewhere below.

"Nah. She was pretty out of it, but at one point I think she babbled something about not being able to have kids..."

 «What _else_ did I talk about, last night?! Do they _know_?! I have *got* to get _out_ of here. If they clock me now, they will _kill_ me... »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3:

Saturday, 09:35.

With an effort, I managed to straighten up, painfully, from picking up my shoes... before stepping into the living room, with a faked sleepy smile on my face. "Umm, hey guys... good morning."

Moving slowly and cautiously, I drifted towards one of the few pieces of furniture -- a brand new couch, still wrapped in plastic. As I eased down, gently, onto it, Jeff came over from the equally bare kitchen... where he had been talking with Rob.

"Hey there, sleepy-head. Finally awake, eh? Do you want some breakfast, before you go? Or would you just like a ride back to your car?"

Feeling vaguely nauseated even from the thought of food, I gave him a wane smile. "Just a ride, please..."

"No problem. You really tied one on, last night... how much do you remember about what you did, anyway?" His eyes seemed strangely intense as he asked that last part... and I noticed the quiet background conversation in the kitchen ceased, awaiting my reply.

 «Tied one on? I may drink occasionally, but I have never been drunk in my life... and I only had one glass of wine. Or at least, I _think_ I did. Didn't I? »

An almost eerie sense of something very wrong invaded my confused thoughts... and rather than offering the whole truth, I found myself feeling oddly... reticent? Reluctant, to share everything. What little that was. "Not much, actually. Just bits and pieces, flashes of things that don't make much sense. How did I end up here, anyway? And where is 'here'?"

The almost... triumphant?... expression on his face, as he briefly turned towards his buddies, puzzled me... but then, everything seemed a puzzle at the moment. "Oh, you just seemed too wasted to drive yourself home, and since we didn't know where you lived, we let you crash at our place for the night."

"Umm, thanks, I think. Is this your house, then?"

"Nah, not really. It's a show home for a new sub-division... or at least, it'll be one when they finish it. I know a guy on the construction crew, who said we could stay here this weekend. We have to be out before work starts again on Monday... but hey, even that saves a couple hundred in hotel bills." He grinned. "All the more for partying!"

"Oh," was my brilliant reply. Or at least even that seemed brilliant to me, as hard as I was finding it to make my mind track anything.  «Don't let go, yet, girl. You have to keep it together, until you are safe. »

"Just give me a minute to get my coat, and I'll give you a ride..." His voice faded out as, despite my best efforts, I lost track of things for a minute. At least, I hope it was only a minute... but right now, time seemed... strange. Hard to hold on to.

"Ready to go?" A simple question, that snapped me back into focus.

"Sure," I smiled. Or at least I tried to. Somehow, I suspect that smile was not much more successful than my attempts to stay focused.

As we walked out the front door... or rather, he did, while I did my best to stumble after him -- unsteady on my feet, despite the fact I was carrying my heels, rather than even attempting to wear them -- the bright sunlight hit my optic nerves like a blow. Squinting through suddenly tearing eyes, I managed to make out a big, black, four wheel drive pickup.  «Of course. What else would a guy like this drive? » Fortunately, there was a chromed step on the side... as I doubt I could have managed to climb up inside without it, between the dreadful ache inside my groin, and the still throbbing pain from my recently aggravated bad shoulder. Looking around, I re-discovered yet again the complete lack of street signs.

 «I wonder where this is? Even if it's not his house, I should try to figure out where I was... »

Sinking into the soft leather seats, though, that thought proved to be futile... for we had not driven a block, before the gentle vibration from the engine soothed me back into unconsciousness.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 10:52.

A jolt, as the truck drove over something, jarred me back to awareness... although as I looked blearily out the window, I did not recognize where we were. Glancing over at Jeff, I got my first really good look at him in daylight... and it dawned on me that, despite the (prematurely?) receding hairline, his smooth skin texture and fine-pored morning beard stubble suggested someone younger than I had thought, last night.

"Umm, if you don't mind my asking, Jeff... how old are you, anyway?"

He started, obviously not aware that I had woken up. "Oh! Uh... sure, no problem. I turned twenty-one a couple months ago... why?"

I flinched, slightly.  «Oh goddess, *that* young?! » "Err, no reason, just curious. I never was all that good at guessing ages." I fibbed slightly, while tilting my head and pausing a bit. "How old would you say I look?"

He laughed. "Now that's a loaded question!" Glancing at me for a moment, before turning back to his driving, he continued. "Seriously? I dunno... twenty-eight? Twenty-nine? Something like that..."

 «Crap, girl. Talk about robbing the cradle... you are older than he thinks, and he is way younger than you thought, too. You could -- almost -- be this kid's mother. 'A cougar on the prowl', indeed. WHAT were you thinking, last night?! How could you *do* that?! »

Biting my lip, I turned back towards the side window... which slowly blurred back out of my fading awareness...

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 10:15.

"You gonna be alright, to drive yourself home?"

My eyes opened, to see Jeff looking at me... and the truck parked, somewhere. Sitting up, I looked blearily around, vaguely recognizing the parking lot of the nightclub... nearly empty, other than my car and a few other strays here and there. "Umm, sure. No problem."  «No problem? Maybe... »

"Thanks for the ride, Jeff." I turned away, and fumbled open the door.  «Oh gods, that is a long ways down. Don't lose it yet. If you fall, the pain will only get _much_ worse. »

In a weird way, the agony from my shoulder -- as I reluctantly used both of my arms to support my descent -- was actually helpful. I felt the blanket of confusion clear from my mind, as the white-hot, burning pain drove away the cobwebs... at least, for the moment. My right arm was useless afterwards, but I managed a wane smile, as I turned back and gave Jeff a small wave good-bye with my left hand. Fumbling to pick up my purse... which somehow had been on the truck seat beside me, although I have not the _faintest_ idea how it got there... I managed to pull out my keys, and stagger over to open my car door. Gently, slowly, clenching my teeth and squeezing my eyes shut to hold back the tears, I painstakingly folded myself into the low driver's seat... vaguely aware of Jeff's truck engine fading away into the distance, while I did so. By the time it belatedly occurred to me to look, it was already far too late to make out his licence plate... which seemed to be curiously covered in dirt, anyway -- despite the rest of his truck being sparklingly clean.

 «Forget it, girl. Just focus on the important things... like how you are going to drive this thing home, without killing yourself -- or anyone else. » Biting my lip, hard, barely registered over the other pains... and yet, it did seem to help. Or at least, somehow, I made it home.

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Saturday, 10:48.

As the automatic garage door closed behind my car, I almost lost it... but not quite.  «Just a few more minutes, then you can rest. »

Getting out of the car wasn't -- quite -- as bad as getting in... but the new peak of agony served to renew my strength and focus. First up the steps into the house proper... then down the long single flight of stairs to my basement suite... each step seeming a new, insurmountable task. Yet somehow, I made it... and across my suite, to the bathroom. Shedding my rumpled dress, I started to pull away my blood soaked panties... then gave up. Starting the tub filling with hot water, I just eased into it still wearing them... figuring it might hurt less, if I softened the dried blood first.

It was a long time, before I got out of that tub. Over and over again, I found myself draining the tub, to get rid of the dirty water... then filling it again, to try once again to cleanse myself. But somehow, no matter how much I washed, I just could not feel clean...

 «Did I do that? What was I _thinking_, to do something like that? Goddess, girl, what the _frak_ were you thinking, to do something like that? With _three_ guys, that you just met? That is TOTALLY not like you...! »

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder where the magic

I wonder where the magic will come in... Up until now it seems she's fallen victim to one of those date rape drugs.

Interesting stoy, thank you for writing.

Beyogi

Patience, dear...

S.L.Hawke's picture

There are already a few, tiny clues, in the chapters you have already read... but it isn't intended to be obvious, yet. Still... I think it isn't too much of a spoiler to let you know there will be a bigger hint in part 2, which should be posted tonight...

By the way, if anyone is curious... there is a reason why I have used both the "Real World", and "Magic" spoilers. That apparent oxymoron should also become clearer in time...

Although perhaps that is just my personal bias -- I *am* a 'real world' witch, after all... and my ancestors *do* include more than a few women who were burnt at the stake... ;-)

[Wicked Evil Grin].

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Edit: Oopsie. I was just posting part 2... and noticed that the scene mentioned in this reply is not actually *in* part 2. The one I was thinking of is actually in section 3 of chapter 6 -- which is in part 3. My bad... sorry about that, folks.

Oh god. Letting the *guys*

Brooke Erickson's picture

Oh god. Letting the *guys* watch your drinks? How naive can you get?

I'm too old for the bar scene (and don't pass that well without way more effort than I usually want to exert) but even *I* know better than that.

Poor kid.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Not completely naive...

S.L.Hawke's picture

It's more of a 'wilful ignorance'... she *has* heard of date-rape drugs, but... well, you will learn more about her experiences with drugs later on, and just why she might prefer not to even think about them...

Still, even if she doesn't like to think about it... she *was* watching that water bottle, until she received it. She just missed picking up on how easily the bar-tender was able to 'open it' for her... and her line-of-sight was blocked a few times...

You do have a point about the earlier drink on the table, which 'got' Barb. Perhaps I was too subtle about that scene... reading it again, it is ambiguous about whether Barb and Jeff stayed at the table with Sid and company, or also went dancing. Although you might have noticed that Barb was already *at* the table, when Crystal returned from dancing...

It only takes a moment's inattention, for someone to drop something into an open drink. I have known even a 'real world' rape counsellor, doing an 'Education' tour of local nightclubs accompanied by others from her clinic -- specifically to teach young women safety about that sort of thing -- to get taken. Obviously someone took her presence as a 'challenge'... and managed to bypass the watching eyes of a pro...

If anyone is wondering... the advice I was given many years ago was, abandon *any* drinks that are not constantly in your hand, regardless of who was watching them for you. And watch the bartender carefully until you receive it... sometimes, they are bribed to spike drinks for someone else...

Thank you for your thoughts. This chapter is already posted... and I am many chapters ahead in the writing... but I have made a few tiny edit's to later chapters, thanks to your comment.

Simple strategy is to finish a drink

.... before doing anything.

I don't go to bars anyway and don't drink alcohol at all, zero, even if at a bar, sodas only. So if any friends notice I am 'drunk' then they know that there is something wrong.

Simple rule, your drink has to be in your possession else get a new one. If in your possession, keep your hand over it when not drinking out of it.

Sorry, that is why men and bars stink.

Kim

Summer's End, Part 1

Where is the horor?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Blink. Hoo boy. Where to start...

S.L.Hawke's picture

I honestly don't know much of anything about you, Stanman... so please forgive me if I make some wrong assumptions. I am guessing from the picture in your post that you are either 'male self-identified', or at the very least someone very much in the closet. So... I am going to talk to you as if you are 'male' for the moment, okay?

Trust me on this. For a woman who has been raped -- which sadly is actually a majority of the women in North America -- there is a *lot* of horror in those first few chapters. In 'guy' terms, I suppose the sort of thing that a Veteran might experience, when they hear a gunshot... and flash-back to a war they were in. (Although I am just guessing about that... I am not a Veteran.)

Be that as it may... I *did* know when I wrote that, that there were males on this site -- and from some stories posted here, males that have not a clue about the sort of internal self hatred that tears a woman apart *after* she is raped, beyond the physical injuries. Stories that sort of inspired me to be that completely frank about what it is *actually* like to be "date raped", from a woman's perspective. And yes, I *have* been raped, more than once in my life -- although never the same way twice. (I do learn from my mistakes... and pay close attention to what other women have shared with me, over the years. Which might be a lot more than a guy would realize -- once they know that they are talking to another victim, *many* women will really open up to even a complete stranger...).

These first few chapters are fiction... sort-of... but very much based on reality.

About all I can say is... please read it again. Then read the bits and pieces of the chapters that follow, as Crystal slowly heals from all this (among all the other, perhaps more interesting for the guys, things that will go on) -- equally carefully.

Maybe then, I won't be reading stories here that treat someone being raped as just an 'oh well, no big deal' incident... barely worth a casual mention. A 'turn on'. A 'fun' twist, to a transformation story... something to pad out a too-short paragraph. Although to be honest, I don't really expect that. Casual dismissal of this 'sub-plot' topic is all too pandemic in modern society...

I am a rookie author, though... at least of fiction, although I have written a lot of non-fiction... so maybe I still lack the skill to adequately convey what was welling up inside me, as I wrote those words. The tears I shed while writing... even so many years later. (The tears again in my eyes, as I write this comment -- not from your comment, which is fine... but from the memories that are stirred up by even briefly thinking about this). The deep-seated anxieties, that are the core of my fears... fears that continue to haunt me, many years later... and the anxieties and fears of many women, who have been abused.

If so... I apologize.

[And yes, I *have* been to a rape therapist, thank you. That lets you cope with it... makes you 'functional' again... but you *never* really forget...]

~ ~ 0 ~ ~

Whatever. For those who are fortunate enough *not* to understand this part... well, there will be other moments later on, about other things, which hopefully you can relate to better. It *is* after all, only Part 1 that we are talking about. The first part of the set-up, and only a 'sub-plot' for the rest of the story. This part was set about three months away from Samhain -- there is a long way to go yet, before the "Halloween horror" part of the story rolls around...

[Not that long, though, for those who can't relate to this first 'stuff'. I am still finishing the last little bit... and editing the next parts, occasionally re-writing a few things here and there... but as things stand, this should be about 8 parts long -- a bit longer than a novella, but rather short for a novel. I *do* have a deadline of Oct 23rd to beat, after all...]

Ouch Stan oO

I'm quite glad I've never been affected by rape and it didn't hit someone in my closer family, but I certainly can understand how this can be quite horrific for a woman, especially if she had been raped before.

If you don't understand it, just read a random forced femme porno, and imagine yourself as the victim. Maybe you'll get idea...
Or as the protagonis/victim of this story... This daterape-drug-shit scares me even as a guy. It's not like there aren't enough psychos in the world, and the idea, that someone can effectively take away your will and make you obey is really scary.

Maybe you should really think about legalising prostitution on your side of the pond. If it is really as common as you describe, and the guys are that desperate for a fuck, that might reduce rape.

It would be quite sad if it was really the majority of women that have been raped... I wouldn't really believe the statistics though. Here they pretty much count guys that stare at a womans breast to long as rape in those "statistics".
How desperate are the guys for sex that they need to be so low?

Whatever... I guess this story is pretty hard to write for you. I mean I have problems with reading stuff that is only similar to crap that happened in my life, without getting major agressions.

Thank you again for your effort. Quite heroic imho.

Beyogi

Gulp... Shiver

My partner drank some rape drugged beer, with me right at her side. We were out on our motorcycles and hanging with some bikers at a bar. We had brought one home earlier and had our way with him.

Kim hadn't drunk much and immediately was feeling sick; we went to the ladies. She was barfing and almost passed out, but I don't think much got in her system. We just had to wait hours until she was feeling OK to ride.

At the beginning of the story, there were two wimyn. Since this is BCTS, the protagonist could have been post op, but when she was bleeding from her vagina from being penetrated too hard or deeply, it was pretty clear. I was very afraid of the severity of that wound and thought she might need surgery to sew up the rip to stop the bleeding. I've had minor bleeding, more from dilating/dildo use, but her wound seemed much more serious.

The rape description was making me sick to my stomach.

Reading this was pretty rough, but I'm looking forward to more.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Well written story and I like the Crystal character

The story in itself is well laid out so far, I do wonder what happened to Barb as she is lost to Crystal after. I guess because she was already stoned from the date rape drugs and Crystal was just being affected. I assume the next part will get them back together to find out what happened to Barb. Like others mentioned as a young teen my father had warned us kids about leaving a drink alone and to always get a new one and if possible drink from a closed can or bottle, not to drink from one that was NOT opened in front of you. I have been telling my 15 year old daughter that a lot now that she has been going to school dances and things like that. Still I worry and have to remind her strongly to NOT trust anyone, but, kids get careless, they get caught up in the moment having fun and forget what their parents tell them. Or worse think "oh they just worry too much." Yes baby girl I do!!! Everyday, every minute!

Don't get me wrong I know such an event as what the character just went through is horrifying this is supposed to be a TG Halloween Terror story. So far what I have read doesn't fit the description, maybe I am wrong and just speaking too soon. I will read the next and see what happens. So I will just read on and see. Still good story so far.

Nikki Thong

"Be loving, forgiving, open, happy, sharing, thoughtful, musical, cry a little everyday, but for goodness sakes be honest with yourself!"
"Satin makes me sooooo happy! Giggles!"

Nikki Thong

"Be loving, forgiving, open, happy, sharing, thoughtful, musical, cry a little everyday, but for goodness sakes be honest with yourself!"
"Satin makes me sooooo happy! Giggles!"