Magnetic Personality - 5

Printer-friendly version
Magnetic Personality-
Part Five

by:
Moongoddess


Last time: “Stop teasing him Lor; you’re as big a geek as he is, if not more,” she smiled and hugged Lorna, “I’ve seen your statue collection.” Roger looked like the existence of god had been revealed to him. “So cool,” he breathed, “another collector on base! Can I see your collection Ms. Dane? I have some stuff here too and DVDs and…” Lorna joined in the conversation. “Yes and you can show me the shops, cause I’m about 8 weeks behind on my books and…” the two began talking back and forth so quickly, often finishing each other’s sentences. Lucy just perched herself in a chair and watched. ‘I fell in love with a geekette’ she thought, ‘and I guess I wouldn’t change a thing.’

Author's Note: This part is dedicated to the Right Honorable Jack G. Layton. The man was a rarity, an honest Politician. You will be missed.
A Retroactive Continuity, or Retcon if you will, is the altering of previously known facts in order for the universe to conform to new story lines. This Retcon universe belongs to Lilith Langtree, and I thank her for allowing us to play in her sandbox. Thanks to Donjo and Lisa for beta reading, thanks Darkice for all the sciency goodness, and Deepest thanks to my Lovely Muse Dani. This is a retcon of Polaris in the Marvel Comics Universe. Marvel Comics owns the character and all rights associated with him/her/it. All other characters that appear are copyright their creators / re-creators and only used with permission. Image copyright by artist.

Chapter Twelve
“‘Bureaucracy is the death of all sound work’ Albert Einstein”

With two hours of very serious geekery and brainstorming behind them, Lucy dragged a very reluctant Lorna from Rogers’s lab. Their schedule allowed for a half hour between appointments and they took advantage of the time to grab a cup of coffee on the way to the administrative level of the complex.

“You look very happy Lor,” Michael commented as they passed him in the cafeteria. Lucy smiled and Lorna laughed.

“More than you know Mike, we’ll talk later.” She smiled as she walked towards what was fast becoming known as their table. Doctor Cooper’s distinctive west Texas twang could be heard in the background.

“… care what the frequency spread she achieved was, where was the wattage coming from?” he demanded of his tablemates, “For that matter the amperage, you saw the char marks in the cage!” Lorna paused behind Sheldon while across from her, Leonard covered his eyes and Walter stood up and offered his hand to her.

“Ahh, um Lorna,” he stammered as she took his hand in greeting. Sheldon whirled in his seat.

“It’s ok Walter; I expect nothing less of Dr. Cooper,” Lorna smiled and shook Walter’s hand, “but what he was saying caught my interest, I sort of thought that this ability of mine was strictly magnetic in nature?”

Walter regained his composure and gestured to two seats at their table. Lucy and Lorna sat and looked at their erstwhile host expectantly.

“Yes and no Lorna,” he paused to think, “electricity and magnetism are really two sides of the same coin… from my current, uh observations, the arcing was caused by your static field becoming a moving field, like a generator,” Walter paused again; Leonard looked at him and sighed.

“Lorna, as simply as we can figure,” the shorter man spoke, “you are tapped into the Earth’s magnetic field like it’s a huge battery. When you got upset with Sheldon, you caused effects we would only expect from a Tesla coil and when you really got upset with him, you caused … well atomic level fusion.” Cooper quickly interrupted Leonard.

“Ms. Dane my colleagues are possibly oversimplifying things,” the tall man attempted a smile which failed miserably, “as you probably already know, magnetism is a property of materials that respond at an atomic or subatomic level to an applied magnetic field. Ferromagnetism is the strongest and most familiar type of magnetism. It is responsible for the behavior of permanent magnets, which produce their own persistent magnetic fields, as well as the materials that are attracted to them. However, all materials are influenced to a greater or lesser degree by the presence of a magnetic field. Some are attracted to a magnetic field in a process you might know called paramagnetism; others are repulsed by a magnetic field in what we call diamagnetism and yet others have a much more complex relationship with an applied magnetic field. Substances that are negligibly affected by magnetic fields are known as non-magnetic substances. They include copper, aluminium, gases, and plastic,” Sheldon paused in his lecture, “you seem able to affect them as well however… interesting.” Lucy glanced at Lorna who was actually smirking slightly.

“Whatever you are thinking of doing…” she quickly whispered in Lorna’s ear, “Don’t.”

‘Spoilsport…” Lorna whispered back with a small grin. Walter picked up the reigns of the conversation again.

“I think what we are trying to say Lorna,” he said with a wry smile, “is we don’t know the full extent of your abilities and though we have theories,” he looked at his team, “solid answers will have to wait. Do me a favour though ladies? If anything strange,” Walter made air quotes, “occurs, call me directly? We have to document all of this thoroughly.” Lucy nodded, but Lorna spoke up.

“Would having a feel for magnetic North be classified as strange?” Lorna stood and pointed, “It’s directly there.” She took Lucy’s hand and they walked out of the room to go to the administration complex.

Two levels up and a five minute walk east; the women arrived at James Hudson’s office and were seated quickly by the pretty young receptionist. He looked up from his paperwork and smiled.

“I could make a comment about cats and canaries, but I won’t,” he leaned back in his chair and eased his spine, “so far, all the preliminaries are coming back as we had hoped, but you seem to have set a fox amongst the hens with Walters’s team…” James paused as his receptionist entered and handed him a sheet of paper…

“Thank you Lilli,” he skimmed the information, “Roger has some interesting ideas for you Lorna, and knowing him, we should have a working prototype in under a month...” he changed tracks quickly, “How are you settling in? Any problems?” Lorna looked at him with some interest… this was the head of a super secret organization and he came across like a teacher or guidance councilor.

“I’m ok, a slight problem with Dr. Cooper at first,” she grinned, “but I have my safety valve here to protect me.” Lorna smiled at Lucy. James cleared his throat.

“There has been some grumbling from the Minister about you two; I’ve been trying to keep things calm though…” he began. Lucy interrupted him.

“Grumblings Dr. Hudson? About what precisely?” she looked at him with a flash of anger. Lorna was astounded; Lucy was always the easier going of the two of them. James held up his hands.

“It’s just whispers and I’m putting out the fires as they flair…” he tried to explain. Lorna spoke up.

“What Whispers, What Fires?” she demanded. Lucy kept glaring at James and spoke through a clenched jaw.

“I knew this would happen! Our oh so socially Conservative government has a problem with a) your sexuality and b) our relationship…” she grimaced, “and probably c) your sex change. Tell me I’m wrong Dr. Hudson, go ahead and tell us!” the small blond woman challenged him. He slumped in his chair and ran his fingers through his hair.

“I wish I could tell you that Lucy, Lorna…” he sighed heavily, “those bastards… pardon my language… they want you to pretend to be straight Lorna… some idiot from the States,” James grabbed at a folio on his desk, “a Dr. Keith Ablow says it is bad for the children to see a…how did he put it in his report… a ‘Transgendered Lesbian Role Model’.” He threw the folder down. Lorna picked it up and looked at the picture.

“Prick looks like Lex Luthor,” she snorted, “tell them no.” she put the folder down. James’s eyebrows shot up.

“Just tell them no…” he chuckled, “no to what part Lorna?” he laughed. Lorna smirked and ticked the list off on her fingers.

“I can’t help being Transgendered so I won’t pretend otherwise,” she flicked down a finger, “Lucy and I love each other and I won’t pretend otherwise, and as to being a role model… I’m not Miss America or whatever she is calling herself down in the good old god fearing USA… I’m a typical Canadian with atypical abilities.” She grinned. “That means that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms AND the Uniform Code of Justice apply to me and my love.” Lorna finished and took Lucy’s hand in hers. Lucy looked at Lorna and then at James.

“I think the spin doctors for the Government better stop spinning Doctor, Lorna and I are here to stay.” She squeezed Lorna’s hand. James shook his head.

“God help me if I had a whole team of metahumans to ride herd on.” He smiled, “ok… in a few weeks some of Canada’s brightest designers will be here to start work on your costume so I’m giving you a heads up and wanted to know if there were any ideas you might have had to be incorporated?” he smiled, glad that this was a lighter topic. Lorna looked blankly at him.

Chapter 13
“‘I put the costume on and said 'it’s not very comfortable, but it looks amazing,' so it's all good.’ Chris Hemsworth”

“Costume? What costume would this be James?” Lorna said quietly, “I honestly do not recall any discussion about costumes. I just said I’m not American dream, didn’t I?” she reminded him. James sighed.

“This one was actually in the agreement you and your Lawyer approved Lorna,” James pointed to the paragraph in question in the folder which Lorna grabbed from his hand.

‘‘… in the event that the contractor to the Government of Canada decides to undertake missions or begins publicly adventuring while under the terms and sanction of the Government of Canada, the contractor agrees to wear a uniform of the Governments choice and design to identify the contractor as being under sanction of the Government of Canada…” Lorna looked up and met James’s eyes.

“This is a freaking Pin up Clause!” she slammed the file down on James’s desk and put her index finger close to his face. “I signed this, I know… but those dinosaurs are in for a big surprise when their role model hits the public…” Lorna took a deep breath and stood up straight. “I’m sorry for venting on you James, I will give you a list of do not includes…rather long, I’ll warn you but I will approve something in either red or green and gold…” she covered her eyes with one hand, “and we’ll have to cut this short, as I have a killer headache and have to call my lawyer.” She sighed again. James stood up.

“I understand Lorna and I’m not taking it personally,” he said with real compassion, “you should see some of the ideas and requests that have come down the pike from the hill,” he shook his head, “I’m surprised nobody has asked for video of you exercising yet, and you didn’t hear me say that, either of you. Now get going… you have three hours till you have to see Judd.” He sat back down and waved them out. Lucy started to speak, but Lorna placed a finger over her lips and led her out.

They didn’t speak until they got back to their quarters. Lorna pulled Lucy into an embrace and whispered in her ear. Lucy nodded and took off her watch and jewelry then placed her phone casually on the breakfast bar and walked to their room. Lorna kicked off her shoes and followed her in and locked the door. Lucy was lighting candles as Lorna sat on the end of the bed. She closed her eyes; there was a low hum and a cacophony of buzzes and popping noises.

“There, that should take care of any surveillance devices,” she looked at Lucy, “did any of that seem like more than the usual government bullshit, I mean really juvenile?” she was genuinely puzzled, Lucy nodded slowly.

“it’s like a weird email that came from the Privy Council,” she frowned, “asking Mike for naked pictures of you and other women under his care… we sent it to security, but nothing has come back yet. It’s like something is affecting people with connections to H, but not within H properly.” Lucy looked at Lorna with concern, “I’m going to check out the H archives to see if some other super or Meta has been found with mind altering or controlling powers.” Lorna grinned.

“See? This is why I keep you around, to do all the heavy thinking,” she joked as she reached towards her lover and pulled her towards her. “Come on Lucy… we have some quiet time before I have to see Master Judd. Care to help me warm up?”

Lorna approached the Tatami barefooted and bowed before stepping on. She walked to the center of the room and took a lotus seat. Judd’s gravelly voice echoed from the shadows.

“You seem different today Lorna… you walk and stand differently… you have begun to accept who you are.” It was a statement, not a question. “It is a good first step, one that frees you from the shackles of a dead past.” She started to reply.

“Dead? But I’m still…” he cut her off.

“Who are you…? Larry Dane or Lorna Dane? Answer!” he snapped from the shadows.

“Lorna, but what...?” she asked again only to be cut off again.

“Then Larry is dead… his memories, experiences live on within you Lorna, but he is dead and you have to accept that fact, or he will rise and trip you when you can least afford it.” Judd sounded a little sad, but continued, “We will work on putting him to rest as we continue on. Now…” the room went black and Lorna was knocked over by a running figure.

She rolled with it and got to her feet. She was back on the mat seconds later. She squinted into the darkness… there… the yellowish glow of Judd’s EM field. She got slowly up and saw him moving quickly towards her. He leapt suddenly and she quickly ducked as he sailed over her. He landed with almost no noise. Judd worked his way behind her again and tried a leg sweep which she avoided as well. She heard his chuckle.

“Using your abilities? Clever girl.” A cloth was thrust into her hands, “put on the blindfold.” He instructed.

“But with the blast shield down I won’t be able to see anything…” she quoted as she tied the cloth across her eyes.

“Then reach out with the force, eh?” he responded, “The object of this lesson and many more to come is to teach you to rely on your other senses. If you were ever in a situation where the use of your Meta abilities was not an option, what would you fall back on?” there was a loose rustling and Judd tossed her over his shoulder. She stood back up quickly and listened, breathing easily. He circled left and grabbed a thin switch of bamboo. She heard a thin whistling noise before the sting against her calf. Lorna bit back a curse and listened. She was starting to notice her environment.

She grabbed suddenly to the right and felt her fingertips graze the switch just before it bit her in the thigh. She heard but couldn’t place his chuckle…

“Almost… it was impressive… you have the endurance the twins reported on, and your reflexes are quicker than I have seen in a beginner,” another leg sweep and Lorna was on the mat again and the lights came up…

“Not bad for a girl in a …” she pulled the cloth from her eyes and saw that he was also blindfolded…

“I believe the word you are searching for is ‘blindfold’, Eh?” he removed his. “I’m not showing off Lorna, there are people out there that can stand in front of your eyes and you won’t see them. So I will train you till you can see with all of your senses, the natural, and the enhanced.” Judd smiled down at her and pulled her to her feet.

“Now we begin your Kata,” he positioned her body, “you will watch and repeat each position until it becomes as automatic to you as breathing, and if you bugger up,” his bamboo switch whistled through the empty air, “I will correct you. We will start with the 54 steps…” he assumed the first position and Lorna attempted to duplicate it. The switch whistled…it would be a long afternoon.

Two and a half hours later, a sore and tired Lorna bowed to her Master and left the dojo. By the end of the session, jus admitted grudgingly that maybe 20 of the 54 were passable and reminded her to practice them before bed and upon waking up. She had responded properly and trudged back to her quarters for a shower. When she arrived, Roger was just leaving. He greeted her.

“Hiya Lorna! Just had to fix the lights in your room.” He grinned his easy grin, “can I ask what happened?” Lorna decided that he really didn’t need to be involved in her possible paranoia, so she fibbed to him.

“Oh ah… we got a little frisky and…” she managed a blush, “well I sorta lost control… don’t tell anyone please Roger? I’m trying to control them… my abilities I mean, but if it happens again, can I count on your discretion? Please?” she smiled prettily. He grinned a bit bigger.

“Ok Lorna, but you owe me next Wednesday evening at the Cave…” he laughed when her eyes widened, “don’t worry, it’s a comic shop.” He turned and walked down the hallway with a naughty twinkle in his eyes. Lorna went into the apartment and relaxed mentally.

‘Good thing I have an ally, even if he doesn’t know why… best he doesn’t know why. It could all be simply my natural caution.’ She thought as she adjusted the shower to her liking and stripped out of her workout clothing and took a long soak under the warm water.

Chapter 14
“‘The secret of my influence has always been that it remained secret.’ Salvador Dali”

Lorna had been at Department H for two months now and was feeling that the routine was getting comfortable. The twins had her baseline now and had her working out every other day, interspaced by running. The running was surprisingly easy and relaxing… she didn’t have to think of anything but one foot in front of the other and it let her think about other things she dared only discuss with Lucy…

such as the discovery in the archives of a man named Killgrave who was known in the seventies as the Purple Man. Although he was presumed dead, his power had been mental manipulation through his unusual body chemistry… it sounded right, but he was supposed to be dead.

Master Judd had approved her performance of the 54 forms and moved her onto basic sparring with Jean-Paul, who also trained with him. Jean-Paul spoke of muscle memory and enhanced nerve pathways to explain how Lorna was learning so quickly, Judd just snorted and smiled.

Walter and Leonard were working with her to see if she could find an off switch for her field and also if she could oscillate it at will to generate a plasma effect like she had when she gotten angry at Sheldon, but a controlled effect, without the fury.

Sheldon was trying to find an equation to explain how she could have broken atomic bonds and so far couldn’t. It was driving him madder than usual.

Throughout all of the activity, Lorna and Lucy kept an eye open for anything unusual happening within Department H and finding only the odd memo from the minister and his staff. The really weird stuff seemed like business as usual for a National Capitol.

Lorna almost felt she had been imagining it all, until she did a routine EM sweep of her quarters and found several wireless cameras… they weren’t even government issue, they were commercial rigs and not even particularly well concealed. She called in Heather.

“Honestly Heather, I’m not sure what disturbs me more, that these cameras managed to get into one of the most secure facilities in Canada,” she sighed, “or that the childish bastard didn’t even bother hiding them that well.” She grimaced in distaste. Heather collected the cameras.

“Lorna, you and Lucy rest easy,” she smiled sympathetically, “I’ll get to the bottom of this and get the dipshits who are getting their jollies at your expense.” She strode out of the room and left Lorna with a quandary… how to tell Lucy that their privacy had been compromised.

Lucy took it as well as could be expected, much better than Lorna had thought she would, considering she almost dragged Lorna into the bedroom and did her best to wear out her metahuman lover. afterword Lucy showed her a printout from archives...

"apparently Mr. Killgrave had a family as recently as 1990... in Toronto of all places. Wife's name is Melanie and a daughter, Kara..." Lorna frowned a little.

"so is the Purple Man alive, dead, what?" Lucy scanned the document and sighed...

"It doesn't say Hun," she tossed the papers aside.

The incident was almost forgotten, but certain things seemed … off about H and Team Alpha… nothing you could put your finger on, but there was a certain childishness in the staff, like Heather developing a tendency to giggle or Jean-Marie flirting with every male she saw… even Lucy was acting flakey, very possessive of Lorna and a bit distrustful as well…

it felt a bit like high school. Except Judd, he remained himself, both in and out of the dojo. Lorna decided to talk to him about her suspicions. They sat in lotus across from one another.

“Master, I hesitated to bring this to you but I think something odd is happening in Department H,” she spoke quietly, for his ears only, “people are behaving like teenagers or children, a week ago I found hidden cameras in my bedroom and shower and even Lucy is acting weird… am I imagining all of this? She asked the small man. He smiled gently.

“No, unfortunately you aren’t imagining things.” He went to stand and suddenly pitched face forward to the mat. Lorna was on her feet in a defensive position in a split second, stretching her senses to their limits. The voice from the darkness was no one she recognized.

“Wow, I barely saw you move,” a small projectile ricocheted off of Lorna’s defense field, “And that is very cool… annoying, but cool. I had to use a trank on the short dude there because he wasn’t playing or working well with the others.” The figure who stepped out of the shadows was a young girl of 17. Lorna noticed her hair was a deep violet.

“Who are you kid? You obviously know what’s going on here…” she slowly reached out with her mind to find anything metal she could use as a weapon, “how’d you get down here anyways?” she flipped on all the dojo lights, hoping to dazzle the intruder. The kid looked over the rims of her ray bans and grinned.

“A friend helped me get in…” Lorna noticed that the girl’s skin had a violet tinge to it. The girl moved closer to Lorna. “My name is Kara, but my friends call me Persuasion… be a good girl and go to sleep…” Lorna was unconscious before she hit the floor.

She woke in her apartment on the couch with the strange purple girl sitting across from her.

“Ahh, back in the land of the cave dwellers? Good.” She smiled, “I thought you might be more comfortable here in familiar surroundings, sometimes it makes it easier…” Kara looked at Lorna oddly. Lorna cleared her throat.

“Persuasion huh? So you are Kara Killgrave I’d guess,” Lorna tried to power up but failed, “ok, what did you do to me? It’s cool and all but what the hell are you up to, just a villain with a grudge? Against H maybe?” she was trying hard to keep Kara distracted. Kara grinned.

“Ohhh you figured out my ‘oh so proud’ lineage, did you?” Kara giggled, “reports of my father’s death were greatly exaggerated… he’s been hiding out in Canada for over 30 years or he was… he’s dead now… he raped my mom… and I’m the loving daughter… till I finally told him to go fuck himself… he died trying.”

She giggled and her eyes glittered with certain madness, “but I’m not the villain as you put it… if you want a villain, look at your bosses on Parliament Hill… Apparently you aren’t playing by their rule book so they brought me in to persuade you to be a good little heroine and role model. The Prime Minister was quite explicit… good Christian morals and values… no ‘girlfriends’ and no talking back… he’s in a dress shop right now, trying on gowns…” Kara stood up. Lorna did also and backed away from the purple figure.

“Might as well stay put Lorna dear, I told you to power down till I say otherwise.” The girl kept approaching, Lorna kept backing away, “come on sweetie, I need to touch your skin for the instructions to be permanent, make it easy on yourself…” Kara coaxed her.

Lorna hoped her endurance was as good as the Beaubiers had said it was and took a deep breath. Kara lunged at her. Lorna did a leg sweep that put Kara on her ass, but she recovered quickly and reached out to touch Lorna’s face. Lorna went into a sort of trance state, her body moving through her Kata almost on autopilot. Block…punch…kick…sweep, never letting up and never letting Kara’s skin touch hers. Finally Lorna landed a solid right cross on Kara’s jaw, launching the slight girl across the living room and smashing her head into the coffee table. Kara let out a small sound and was unconscious. Lorna began to breathe again.

She quickly grabbed some tights from her room and secured Kara’s hands and feet with them. When she was done, she ran out of her quarters and straight to the dojo to find her sensei coming around.

“Master Judd, we have a situation. I have subdued the intruder that we had been talking about, but she has some sort of biochemical control over people’s minds.” Judd rubbed his neck and raised his eyebrows but remained quiet, “she calls herself persuasion and she is out cold, but with her pheromones, if she wakes up, we all go back to lala land… help?” Lorna entreated him. Judd smiled.

Sounds like you have a tale or two to tell Lorna, but this isn’t the time or place,” he waved at her to follow him, “c’mon kid… we need a containment suit… properly sealed, she won’t be leaking pheromones.” They ran off to the biomed lab and grabbed the equipment. On the way back to Lorna’s quarters Judd asked, “Why aren’t you floating all this shit Lorna?” Lorna’s lips were a thin line.

“She ‘persuaded’ me not to use them,” she said grimly, “how come she had to trank you?” he chuckled.

“Tai Chi and Chai Tea… mental discipline from years of meditation and training… you may get there someday, if you keep practicing…” he paused outside Lorna’s quarters, “ hold on a tick, you took her down without your abilities? How did you do that?” Lorna blushed.
“i… uh… I held my breath and ran my Kata,” she stammered, “it was like someone else was moving me around and she took a beating… it was so fast, but seemed like slow motion.” Lorna finished. Judd nodded.

“Just so… I will enter first as her pheromone has no effect on me… we will secure her if she is still unconscious, or I will render her unconscious again if necessary.” He instructed as the door snapped open. Kara was awake but still secured but Lucy was desperately trying to undo the purple girl’s bonds.

“Lucy! What are you doing?” Lorna yelled. Lucy looked up with a serene expression on her face.

“Just untying my new playmate Love… you two must have been getting wild… Bondage?” she clucked her tongue. Lorna started to charge into the room, but Judd threw her across the hall and bounded into the apartment. The door snapped shut. Lorna heard Lucy shriek then silence. She was on her feet in a second and moving towards her apartment when the door opened again. Judd stood there for a moment and then shook his head.

“Bring that gear in and let’s secure little Kara there.” He glared at her, “then, we need to talk about following orders and keeping your emotions in check.” He turned and stepped back into the living room, a very subdued Lorna following with the containment equipment.

Lorna sat in James Hudson’s office being officially debriefed. She had already been unofficially praised and chewed out by Judd.

“… so this apparently was a reaction to me standing up to the government, though the spin doctors are saying it was rogue elements in the bureaucracy that set this plan in motion. I almost blew it at the finish line though sir.” Lorna sighed heavily, “I didn’t think… I acted on emotion and instinct when I saw Persuasion using Lucy. Master Judd saved us all, not me.” She spread her hands. James nodded, wrote something on the paper in front of him and looked back at her.

“Bullshit… oh, officially your report is the one on file,” he sat back and popped his spine, “but don’t you start believing Gene’s Bull. What you did, any of us but Gene would have done… did he give you his Tai Chi and Chai Tea line?” he laughed, “Lorna, if I saw Heather where Lucy had been, I would have charged without thinking, Mike would have for his wife or daughter… Gene is just a hardass. For your second unofficial combat, you did very well… that is what goes in my report.” He smiled and closed the folder on his laptop. Lorna was flummoxed.

“Thank you sir, I don’t fully understand, but thank you.” She sat there looking confused. James took pity on her.

“You saved our asses Lorna, without your abilities, without guns or fancy equipment,” he grinned, “and when you needed help, you sought it out, in the form of Gene. You did everything a good operative should do in a situation beyond her control. We have established in you a good foundation…” James grinned again, “Now we’re going to make you a spectacular operative. And,” he pointed at the laptop in front of him, “you’re experience has gotten you over some of your ‘Allergies’ to electronics, which I’m sure the staff at H and team Alpha appreciate. You and Lucy take the weekend and have some fun we’ll pick up training where we left off yesterday… now shoo… I have a ream of paperwork to do and a quite upset security chief to calm down.” He went back to his work. Lorna stood to walk out when he looked back up.

“Oh Lorna, one more thing I almost forgot,” he smirked at her, “Your ‘uniforms’ arrived today.”

End of Magnetic Personality part 5

Next Time: a costume drama, and a bigger challenge.

up
166 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dress shop

Trying on gowns? This girl is not one for subtlety, is she?

Jorey
.
Like Sudoku?
sudokurose.com

Jorey
.

Persuasion

poor girl. I rather hope they can rehabilitate her.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Me too... if i remember correctly Persuasion

was a member of Alpha Flight in the second series... nice kid... she has been warped by Unity in the newest reboot though... boo hiss
Thanks for the comment Dorothy,
Hugs,
Diana

Lol great story, but I guess

Lol great story, but I guess the government has an enemy now... I wouldn't be to amazed if Lorna would help the opposition in the next election campaign ;)

The science babble was great... That really worked.

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi

Yes...two weeks of Physics...ow...my brain

But i must thank my Science Adviser Darkice for all of his input as well as those that forced me to think rather then Technobabble...
Glad you enjoyed Byogi.
Hugs,
Diana

Magnetic Personality - 5

Will Polaris develop the extra powers like she did in Marvel? But there, she lost them due to Scarlet Witch and regained her original due to implants. Of course, a twin could get her second set of powers.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Which Powers Stan?

Let me know and i'll see if they work...Glad you enjoyed,
Hugs Stan,
Diana

Another great installment for the series

and just filled full of good stuff. I could mostly follow the techno-speak even if I'm not pure science geek. Humor with Harper in the dress shop, oddly had the image of him singing "I Feel Pretty." in the streets clutching the hem of the dress. I Love the way you portray Judd and Mac great guys both of them.

I liked the dedication very much too Diana.
Thanks for coming back to this story.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Thanks Bailey!

I'm trying to get a feel for who the men and women who are Alpha Flight in one universe are in the CRU... Solid nice people all... The tech talk was distilled from two weeks of PMs, Emails and chats with really great Sciency types... my brain still hurts a bit... As for The Rt disHonourable Stephen Harper? well...Yanno... I hope Jack liked this one
Thank you as always Baily.
Biggest Hugs
Diana

Interesting chapter, looking

Interesting chapter, looking forward to more, Persuasion didn't seem to agree with her orders even though she seemed to be going through with them anyway. Is this the last we'll see of her or will she be back to cause more trouble?

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I'd like to think

that Kara is redeemable and maybe there will be another trainee around H... could be this round or next though... the stories from Canada have just begun, i hope *smiles*
Thanks for the reads, the comments and the continued support Elizabeth!
Hugs,
Diana

good job

your doing a great job with this.
the unfortunate problem with regular comics is someone does some great writing with a character and then when they leave the book someone new trying to put their stamp on the character screws up what the last guy did. I really don't see that happening here.
keep up the great work. thanks

*blushes* Thank you

I'm trying to write Lorna, Lucy and all of team Alpha to be more than two dimensional... I'm glad that they feel like good characterizations, a writer cannot get much higher praise.
Hugs,
Diana

Yes, get the girl naked !

You can always tell if the big money is male or not. It is funny and totally pointless that in movies, they have the heroine running through Combat in 4" heels or something equally ludicrous.

Recently I was trying to find a picture to use for a female warrior in one of my stories and some folk volunteered to um help me. Geeze, my lethal protagonist was in a leather and chain bikini carrying a 50 Cal.

Guys just can't get it. I finally found I had to use paint to modify a picture that had a veiled muslim woman in it with a sword, naked breasts and thong. Unhappily, when I got her all covered the way I wanted, somewhere along the line, either Paint would not save it, or windows refused to recognise the saved file, so I ended up using nothing.

As a woman, I find such things demeaning to women.

Gwendolyn

Hey Gwen!

If the powers that be can find a way to denigrate or oppress women first, then anyone else that scares them they will. in Lorna, we have a woman who has abilities the powers that be or PTB don't have... she's also a lesbian... and omg a transgendered one at that... can you imagine the PBT's reaction if she were a person of colour as well? GASP... so they send someone to 'Fix" her...

As to depictions of strong women? all you have to do is look at a comic book to see strong women... like starfire in DC's new 52 book Red Hood and the Outlaws... She has been reduced to a pinup girl and sex toy... gah...

I'm not a particularly pretty person, but i take **** from no one, would i have to be a barbie if i was pretty?
Sighs,
Diana

Well... that's because most

Well... that's because most comic geeks are male. Female comic heroes aren't there to be heroes but to show their boobs. I don't know why, I always liked them more proportional and not as the most common superpower ^^.
About heels... Well not my fetish either. I like barefoot better *blush*

Most guys get it, but then they don't care. That's pretty much the reason why I play many (computer)RPGs only with male characters. The females behave like a man with boobs... If that's the case I can play a male in the first place.

As a woman, I find such things demeaning to women.

As a guy i find white knights in shining armor as demeaning to men. That's promoting a suicidal and subservient behavior. :P

Beyogi

Ah, a continuation. First

Ah, a continuation.

First rule of bureaucracy vs. heroic individualism struggle - always make the other side think it was their idea in the first place. And do so gently as it will pay off later on.

And for all that you hold dear's sake, never ever attempt to facilitate it with outside influence, as it will blow in your face, like a punctured balloon you were in process of blowing up.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

You see it too Faraway,

I'm glad i'm not the only one who sees this in our reality... thank you for phrasing it so elegantly.
Hugs,
Diana

Magnetic Personality

I see it's been a while since the last episode. I hope there is going to be another one. Great stuff so far.
Mark