Jessica's Journey - Part 3

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Jessica’s Journey

Sequel to Andrews Dilemma

By, Cain129

Part 3

Special Thanks to Wren Phoenix for the editing.

--SEPARATOR--

Synopsis:   After returning home from visiting her grandparents Jessica decides to bike to the high school to watch the football game. Everyone is excited to see her and for the first time in years, she found that she was actually enjoying herself while attending a sporting event. After the game Scotty and Jessica finally have a chance to talk to one another and tell each another how they feel.

  

--SEPARATOR--

 

Chapter 8

 

By the time Scotty and I arrived at Gallagher’s, everyone else was already there but neither of us really cared. The two of us had needed the time to talk and work things out as far as where our relationship was going. Having talked to Scotty, I knew that the both of us were committed to make things work. I can hardly believe that I told him that I loved him, but it was true.

Once inside Scotty went to get a couple of cokes for the two of us while I found a couple of free chairs for us. I picked up one and started carrying it over to the table and placed in next to Jennifer.

“Wow, the two of you made it; Megan and I were beginning to wonder if you guys were coming.” Jennifer said with a smile.

“Scotty and I needed sometime to talk things out,” I said smiling.

“I take it that everything is alright between the two of you?” Jennifer asked.

“Yeah, everything is perfect.”

Megan turned to me. “You looked like someone that was having a good time at the game, and I thought that you hated football!” Megan said with a smile.

“Yeah, I did have a good time,” I said grinning. “I guess it was because I was with my friends and the man I loved was playing”

“The two of you make a cute couple.” Britney said as she came from behind me and gave me a hug.

“Thanks Britney.” I said as I reached up, returning her hug.

Scotty returned a few minutes’ later carrying two large cokes, and then took a seat next to me at the table.

“Did I miss anything?” He asked.

“Not really honey, everyone is just getting settled.” I said.

“So you guys going to Eric’s party on the weekend?” Brian asked.

“Nope. Jessica and I are going to be meeting up with some friends and doing some camping.” Scotty said as he slipped his arm around me.

“Cool, where are the two of you going?” asked Britney.

”Where are we going, Jessica?” Scotty asked me.

“I really have no idea. I guess that I’ll have to give Amy a call later. Wherever we go, it will be nice.” I said smiling.

“We should all plan a trip together this summer; maybe a camping trip or something.” Megan said with a smile.

“That would be cool, although I am not really that much of an outdoor kind of girl”, Natasha said

“It would be nice, but I am not sure how much time we will have. Scotty, Brian and I will be on the road most of the summer with the rest of the band.” Glen said frowning.

 

[-][+][-]

 

“Maybe we can meet up after one of your gigs. Road trips are always fun and we could spend the weekend camping.” I suggested.

“We will just have to work out a date. It will have to be sometime after we get back from Disney Land though.” Megan said excitedly.

“It’s going to be a busy summer.” Jennifer said.

“It will be one to remember that’s for sure.” Scotty said, winking at me. I blushed.

A few minutes later a waitress came over carrying a tray that had a big bowl of nachos and dip.

“I thought we could all use a treat.” Scotty said with a smile.

It really didn’t take long for the bowl to be emptied, considering it was being attacked by eight hungry kids. There was more than enough for all of us, and everyone seemed to be having a good time together.

As I looked across the table everything seemed so surreal, was this really my life now? Don’t get me wrong, I was happy, but sometimes it felt like a dream. You know, the kind of dream where you are afraid to wake up because the dream is better than reality? If you wake up, you know you’ll have to return to the real world and all of its struggles. Well this is my life, not a dream and these people were my family and friends.

Britney looked over at me, concerned. “Are you alright Jessica? You kind of look like the lights are on, but no one is home.”

“Yeah, I’m fine Britney. It’s nice to be able to hang out with all of you again. Things have been pretty crazy lately, you all know about the kidnapping. That was bad enough, but then I watched my father die. It just took a lot out of me and I still have a lot on my plate. Before it’s all over with, I’ll need everyone’s help.”

“You know Jessica, we’re all family here. Maybe not biological, but blood isn’t everything. If you need anything, all you have to do is call.” Natasha said as she gave me a hug.

“Damn, that is just plain sick on so many levels.” Glen said frowning.

“What is so sick?” Britney said trying to figure out what Glen meant.

Glen looked across the table then calmly took a bite of his nachos, “We’re all family, right?”  

“Yes?” Britney said, confused.

“Wouldn’t that make Scotty and Jessica like brother and sister? Scotty is dating his sister, which is really twisted.” Glen said rather smugly

“God Glen, why do you have to take such an innocent statement and make it sick and perverted?” Natasha said as she throws a soggy nacho at him.

”It’s one of my many talents.” Glen said as he caught the nacho and ate it.   “On the plus side, he has great tastes in woman, so maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe I should be going after one of my lovely sisters.” He said, putting his arm around Jennifer. “Feel like going out tonight?” Glen asked Jennifer.

“Sorry Glen, I’m busy tonight.” She said with a smile.

“What are you doing maybe I can help?” Glen said with a wink.

“Well after that last statement, I feel really dirty. I was thinking of having a nice hot bath with my hairdryer.” she said calmly.

“In other words Glen, she would rather electrocute herself than go out on a date with you.” Megan giggled.

“Damn, you guys sure know how to make a guy feel loved.” Glen said making a sad puppy dog face, this only made everyone laugh more.

Jennifer smiled and turned to Glen.

“Where are you taking me tonight?” She said, which made everyone start laughing, and took Glen by surprise.

“I really have no idea Jennifer, I was just joking.” Glen said surprised.

“I thought you wanted to take me out?” Jennifer said smiling.

It was fun watching Jennifer making Glen squirm. I could also tell that there was more to it then her just having fun at his expense. She actually did like Glen and I could have been wrong, but I think that he liked her.

  “Well how about a movie Jennifer? I owe you that much for dragging you into all this.” Glen said with a smile.

“That sounds good, but I get to choose the movie.” Jennifer said with a smile.

”Big mistake, Jennifer is most likely going to choose a two hour chick flick. Are you going to be able to handle it?” I asked with a big smile.

Glen looked over at Jennifer. “Please tell me that Jessica is wrong?”

Jennifer smiled. “I guess that we’ll just have to wait and see.”

Glen looked over to Scotty. “A little help here would be nice.”

Scotty laughed. “Sorry, Jessica and I have our own plans tonight.”

“Brian, Natasha, Britney, Megan please?” Glen said frowning.

Everyone declined and in the end it would be just Jennifer and him. We all knew that he was just joking around even Jennifer seemed to play along. “Oh yeah, most definitely a chick flick.”

The truth of the matter was that it wasn’t going to be a chick flicks. Jennifer was more into action movies, or even comedies. Glen would be relieved after she made her choice of what movie they were going to see.

When Scotty said that the two of us had plans for tonight, I really had no idea what he had in mind. He never mentioned anything to me, not that I really cared. As long as the two of us were together, I would be happy.

 

[-][+][-]

 

We all stayed at Gallagher’s ‘til about 4:00, then everyone pretty much had to get home for supper. After saying our goodbyes, Scotty and I made our way back to his car with Megan and Jennifer in tow, and started the drive home.

After arriving home, Megan and Jennifer headed inside, leaving Scotty and I alone to talk.

“Do you have any plans for tonight Jessica?” Scotty asked.

“Not really Scotty,” I said with a smile.

“Feel up to hitting the Bronx tonight? It’s open mic night, and should be a lot of laughs. Britney, Cliff, Natasha and Brian will be there and I imagine that Glen and Jennifer will eventually show up after the movie.”

“Sounds like fun Scotty, I’ll see if Megan wants to join us.” I said, not wanting her feel left out.

“The show doesn’t start ‘til after 8pm usually, so I’ll be by around 7:30pm.” Scotty said then leaned over and gave me a kiss.

 

[-][+][-]

 

Chapter 9

 

After saying goodbye to Scotty, I made my way inside the house. Megan and Jennifer were busy helping Mom with supper, and Dad still hadn’t arrived home from work yet. Considering that there were already three people working on supper, I decided that it would be best for me to just head to my room and continue catching up on my school work. For the next hour I worked away, mostly reading and taking down notes as I went along.

I had been making good progress, and knew that if I continued at the pace that I was working, I’d be caught up within two or three weeks and ready to take exams with my class.   Things were going to be pretty stressful over the next couple of weeks. There was Dad’s funeral and I was also going to help my birth mother with getting ready to move. I was going to ask my friends to help with that. It would be done much faster than if Mom and I tried to do it alone.

It was close to 5pm when I finished reading from my social studies book and taking notes. I was putting my book away when I heard the front door opening and saw Daddy coming in carrying a big box. I ran over and grabbed the door and held it opened for him.

“Thanks Jessica. It’s not really that heavy, just awkward.” Daddy said as he carried it inside and set it down on the living room floor.

“What is it?” I asked him

“It’s something new for the two of us to play with.” He said with a big grin on his face.

“I saw it on sale, and I just had to get it. It’s a mixer board, much better than the one that is setup in your room, and it’s fully loaded. We can pretty much plug anything into it.” Dad said with a smile

“Cool!” I said with a big smile. “When are we going to hook it up and try it out?”

“After supper, Sweetheart. I don’t know about you, Jessica, but I’m starving.” Daddy said as he ran his hand over his tummy.

 

[-][+][-]

 

Over supper, Dad told us about his day, then Megan and I shared the events of our day. It was nice having all of us have a nice supper together as a family. After we finished, Megan, Jennifer and I took care of the clean up and gave Mom and Dad a chance to talk in the living room.


Jennifer said she had to head home, she still needed to get ready for her date with Glen, so Megan decided to join her and help her get ready. Before Megan left, I told her that Scotty and I were going to the Bronx later and if she wanted to join us to be home for 7:30 pm.

Once Megan and Jennifer left I headed off to my room and started going over my History book. I had always been a bit of a history buff. So as I went over the assignments I realized that catching up wasn’t going to really take very long most of the material that I was reading though I already knew. One of the benefits of being a non entity was you didn’t have friends to distract you from doing your homework or even getting a head of everyone else.

The secret to my good grades wasn’t that I was smarter than other students. I just devoted more time to my studies. It was a way to pass time. It also occupied my mind and the less time I had to think about my problems the better.  

When I lived as Andrew, I needed all the distractions I could get, otherwise the depression would take over and it wouldn’t be very long before I started thinking about hurting myself. I had lived like that for so long that it became a normal part of my life.

Even now there were parts of me that wanted to return to those old behaviors because that would be easier then dealing with the pain that I was suffering from now.   There is a fine line between occupying your mind and hiding from your problems. It’s like going to a doctor and being giving medicine to help you handle the pain, returning every month to refill your prescription but not actually sitting down with the doctor and talking about why you are feeling the way you are feeling.

The problem with that is all you are doing is medicating yourself, so that you are not feeling the pain. Take the pills away, and all the problems are still there and so is the pain. I would rather confront the problems and become stronger than hide from them. I guess that is where things are different today for me. I still have problems, and God knows how much it hurts inside but I am not hiding anymore. I don’t want to be that person anymore and I don’t want to end up like my mother either.

 

[-][+][-]

 

There was a knock on my door. I turned and saw Dad holding the mixer in his hand, looking like a child with a new toy.

“Can we hook it up now?” He asked, with a big smile on his face.

“Sure Daddy.” I said as I wiped the tears away from my eyes

Daddy came inside and set the mixer on the floor next to the bed and took a seat beside me. “How are you doing, kiddo?”

“I’m alright Daddy, just thinking.”

“Do you want to talk about it, honey?” He said as he held me.

“Not really Daddy, but I know that I should.” I said placing my head on his shoulder.

“I have missed you, Daddy.” I said as the tears started flowing.

“I know baby, but I’m here now, and even when I’m away, all you have to do is pick up the phone, sweetheart.” Daddy said leaning down and kissing me. “You are my daughter, Jessica and I love you.”

“Thanks Daddy, but I love you more.” I said with a grin.   “I know you can’t always be home, you need to work to take care of us.”

  “Now let’s setup this mixer before you make me cry again.” I said smiling.

 

[-][+][-]

 

Between the two of us, we had the new mixer hooked up in no time and powered up for a test run. Daddy plugged in his Gipson SG into the mixer and I plugged the Yamaha keyboard then hit the power button and heard a faint hum as it came to life. It took Daddy and I a little while before we had the mixers setup and ready for us to play. Once it was, all that we needed to do was try playing a song that both of us knew.   We eventually choose Angel by Sarah McLachlan. After making the needed changes to the keyboard settings the two of us were ready to start playing.

I started playing first, with just the sound on the piano alone. I slowly built it up until I was ready and started singing the words to the song. This was also the point where Dad joined me and started playing his guitar along with me.   The first attempt the two of us were all over the place, and while the second attempt was somewhat better, the two of us still were not on the right page.   By the fourth time the two of us had pretty much worked it out and it sounded pretty good. Mind you, it would still need a lot of work but it was pretty good for just an hour’s work, and it was also a good song for us to fine tune the mixer and workout the levels.

The two of us spent another hour just jamming and playing different songs together. Some I would sing and others Dad would take the lead and I would do the background lyrics. The two of us were having a great time, but it was already 7pm and I had to get ready for my date with Scotty. So I had to tell Daddy that I needed the room for awhile to get ready but when I was finished he was more then welcome to continue.

“Alright honey, I’ll let you get ready.” He said, placing his guitar on its stand. “Have fun tonight sweetheart.”

It took me almost an hour before I was ready for my date with Scotty. I had run a nice hot bubble bath and soaked for a bit, then spent the next half hour doing my hair and makeup. It is amazing the difference it takes getting ready for a girl to go on a date verses a guy, not that I really had any experience in that area I had never even been on a date as Andrew, let alone kissed a girl.

But just to get ready for any kind of event as a guy, all you have to do is grab a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, socks and you’re pretty much ready. Now as a girl, I had to have a nice soak while I shaved my legs and armpits, then style my hair, do my makeup and find something nice to wear. All this can take a good hour or more depending where as a guy only takes maybe 15 minutes tops.

Not that I really mind because I loved my life and being a girl is a dream come true for me. The only area that I wished that I could change is my monthly visitor. God, she can be a bitch, but it’s a small price to pay, considering that for the first time in my life I feel complete inside and outside.

 

[-][+][-]

 

As I looked in the mirror I smiled liking the result. I had to admit that I had come along way since I made my first steps as Jessica all those months ago. I was now on the same level as Megan and Jennifer when it came to makeup and styling my own hair, I thought to myself as I sprayed little perfume on.

I made my way into the living room and found mom and dad snuggling up on the couch together. I smiled and said, “How do I look?”

Dad looked me up and down, “Maybe you should consider another skirt honey that one is nice but it’s a little to revealing.”

I smiled, “Daddy that’s the style, all the girls are wearing them that way.”

“Maybe honey, but think about the effect you’re going to have on poor Scotty.” Dad said with a smile.

“You think Scotty isn’t going to like how I am dressed?” I said with a smile.

“I don’t think that you need to worry about him liking it, I think he might like it a little too much.” Dad said, frowning.

“Jessica, you’re wasting your time, nothing you wear will be good enough. You could be wearing a gown that covers your entire body and only shows your eyes and he would think you’re showing to much.” Mom said with a giggle.

“I’m not that bad, Janice!” Dad said, and then he grabbed Mom and started tickling her. Mom started giggling like crazy, telling him to stop, but Dad just kept going.

“God, get a hotel room!” I said, laughing at the two of them.

I decided to let the two kids play, so I grabbed my purse and told them that I would be back later. I made my way outside, and as I took a seat on the porch I saw Megan making her way over. As she approached, I smiled.

  “You really don’t want to go inside, sis. Mom and Dad are acting like teenagers in love.”

“Are you sure that you want me to tag along? I kind of feel like a third wheel here.” Megan said sounding a little down.

“You’re my sister and you’re not a third wheel.” I said putting my arm around her. “What’s wrong?”

“I guess that I’m feeling a little down. It seems like everyone has someone but me, even Jennifer.” Megan said with a frown.

I knew how she felt, I had been there myself and it wasn’t a fun place to be. I looked over at Megan. “You’ll find someone Megan. Most guys would be lucky to have a girl like you. I know it sucks watching all your friends hooking up when you’re alone. I’ve been there, but look at me now. I have a great guy and the two of us love one another.   I know there is someone out there for you too, sis. Who knows, you might meet him tonight, stranger things have happened.” I said to reassure her.

“Thanks Jessica, I feel better now, it’s nice having a sister to talk about stuff like this.”

“Whatever happens, Megan, you can always come to me. You’re my sister and I love you,   no matter what. I will always be there for you.”

The next thing I knew, Megan and I were hugging one another. “That goes both ways, Jessica.” Megan said as she hugged me.

 

[-][+][-]

 

End of part 3

To be continued in part 4

up
138 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

We are all family good one Cain

If, according to Glen's interpretation, he was also taking out his sister Jennifer.

Nice bunch of kids, loved it.

If Jessica has these guys to lean on she will be OK!

Good story thanks Cain.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Jessica's Journey - Part 3

Jessica's Journey continues to show how much she has changed from Andrew.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Jessica's Journey

Thank you for continueing this story. It is good to have a very "normal" chapter without drama for a change. The parents acting like teenagers in love is a very nice touch.

Jessica

A long road ahead, but its getting better

Renee_Heart2's picture

I'm gald that Jessica got to see her new Grand parents for the first time & got Beauty to finly eat from the bottle it just took someone to talk to her show her some love & the colt relaxed & ate.

Jessica has a long road ahead of her & things look like they are slowly getting better she really does need some time away from things right now she needs an excape & music is one but to actualy get out of the house & out of town for a while.

Jessica & Scotty are defently an item & I can see Megan's point of view & so can Jessica & she would be down but its great that she & Jessica talked about it & Megan will find someone when the time is right & Jessica is right she could meet him at the club.

I think they will get Jessica up on stage & she will blow everone away with her voice probly a beautyful soprano voice thais girl DOES have a gift & something will come up & things will start rolling with it. Just like in (Pardon the plug Megan vut I have too :) "Sarha Carrarha" (by Megan Campbell) stranger thing have happned.

LOve the S&S of this story keep up the great work & I plan on reading the next chapter as soon as you post it & I get a chance to read it.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Okay, the J-girls in this

Okay, the J-girls in this story are all teases! <_< >_> ^_^ V_V :D

And I'm sure Megan will meet someone, someday. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!