Don't Blame Me I'm A Martian-8

Printer-friendly version

Don’t blame Me I’m A Martian-8

Chapter 8

I really try to shake off the funk that I’m in as we head to the theatre to see the movies. I have to because yeah it’s really messed up the way that I am but I can’t really do much about it. And If I let this get to me too much then it’s going to get to me all the time. I don’t want to live my life in a constant state of “Poor me, Pity me, Why me.”

It’s got a name, Chimeraism, Intersexed… I’ve got a medical condition. I’m not the only one in the world like this and they cope so I’m going to cope too. Screw that! I’m going to have fun, I’m going to live.

I’m actually glad that I’m a jock you know. There’s this psychology of psyching your self up that kind of comes with the job. I focus on that and the music being played around and the fact people are having fun around us here on vacation and things.

I swear I can feel the good vibes around me and I can feel the funk slide off of me like dirt in the shower.

We get to the theatre and we’re still kind of talking about stuff and I get my tickets to Thor and really got to pee while in line for the snacks. My cousin Chantal notices me and takes me by the hand. “C’mon I’ve gotta use the bathroom.” She starts to drag me to the ladies room. “Hey, I can’t go in there!”

“Well you can’t use the guy’s you’ve got boobs now Dylan. Just think about the assholes and the perv factor.”

“Oh yeah…eeew.”

I get inside and hurry to a stall and sit, yes I’m sitting and it takes me a minute to get uhm organized and I guess relief is relief right I get out and I’m at the sink washing my hands while my cousin’s looking at me.

“What, you were expecting something different Dylan?”

“Uhm actually yeah… it’s kind of a letdown on the feminine mystique thing.”

I’m looking around and there’s stalls instead of the urinals, the paint’s brighter and there’s more sinks and a full wall mirror over that oh and the machine with the pads and tampons in it. Otherwise...other than that and being cleaner it’s not a big deal.

She snorts at me and starts to touch up her make up and it’s so strange, like some kind of habit. The other girls are doing the same and there’s this weird vibe like this always there underlying pressure that they are in some kind of subconscious competition with each other or something that’s so strange to pick up on.
Wow…women…are complicated, there’s all these things going on all at the same time it’s like some kind of subplot…I’m so outside the context of it but part of it at the same time as some of the girls are taking me in and seem to be making opinions of me.

Very weird to get sized up like that and not be on the ice.

We head out to the lobby and line up for the snacks again and I’m a little self conscious at this point I can see some girls I don’t know checking me out and there some guys I don’t know checking me out. I swear I can feel the guys staring at my starter boobs and my butt. So freaking strange.

I kind of lose the awkwardness of the whole thing once I hit the concession stand and the smell s hit me. I get myself a large tub of popcorn salted but with extra butter and an extra large mountain dew no ice. Unless it’s really hot out getting ice is their way of ripping you off of the money on the pop. Oh and I get a bag of BBQ peanuts too. I’m not a sweets eater usually but that’s changing right not I’m in grease and salt mode and crunchy, I’m really into crunchy stuff lately.

We get our seats and I prefer to get down far left but I’m in a group so we actually sit in the middle seats. It’s the safest spot, if some idiot starts throwing popcorn or stuff the middle seats are the safest because the ushers can see you better and them. The back rows are off limits. That’s the territory of the older kids and used because they’re the darkest seats and that’s the best make out spots.

It’s kinda strange to being assumed I’m a girl and there’s a bit of guys getting out of our way and even two moving so we can all sit together. My cousins Chris and Nick give me weird looks when I don’t correct them. I look at them. “Hey if this is the way I’m turning out then I might as well get the benefits.”

…………..The movie was alright, I’m into comics and stuff a bit but being a jock most people wouldn’t assume that. There was an Ooooh gaspy moment when the guy who plays Thor was like all without his shirt and all big and cut and stuff. It was actually kind of interesting, I’m watching and the girls were all like talking about how cute and buff he was but I’m a bit jealous of his body because I’m never going to look like that and that’s still kind of a messed up thing in my self image and while I’m not attracted to him I’m kinda in their shoes a little and I’m trying to get why he’s yummy to them. I mean I know why but the reason…that thing that make’s people go all Ooooh over the opposite sex.

I’ve got know problem checking a nice looking girl out and not in comparison but in the normal guy way. So doe’s that mean that my Chimera sister might have been a lesbian?

But the movie does get better and better and I get more into it and I can actually feel my brain relax and sort of shut off and at one point I let out this sigh of relief like I just got rid of this sinus headache…no more like pressure, I never really noticed it until it stopped. If the movie was a bit suckier or more boring I think I’d have fallen asleep. As it was just out of habit I stretched when I got up and Nick was drinking the last of his pop and his eyes went huge at the sight of me stretching and stared at my boobs and he choked and pop shot out of his nose…we heard a tink on the floor too as one of the melted down ice cubes went out his nose with the pop.

Ow…that so looked painful. But of course we’re all related so it ends up that we’re all laughing at him and I’m sorry I’m laughing pretty hard too, maybe worst because it was sort of my fault.

Honest…I didn’t mean to do it.

Boobs.

Wow, more powerful than I thought.

Oh…if you got to see it or rent it if it’s out on video wait until after the trailers or you’ll miss something for the Avengers movie I think.

……………..We all head out walking through town and we stop at Dairy Queen again, yes twice in a night. But the guys and me are still hungry and the girls hem and haw about their weight and stuff but they get some things still but are actually being really thrifty and sharing. Chris mouths off about girls being pretty chintzy about it we they don‘t got a guy paying for stuff. I don’t know if it’s the hormones but I punch Chris in the arm…hard…then dead-leg him while he’s holding his arm.

“Ow Dylan that hurts you fucker.”

“Hey, you deserve that for being an ass Kissifur.”

“Being an ass? Wadda-ya mean?”

“The reason girls don’t really mind getting stuff paid for is they’re broke half the time. You guys don’t know how really expensive things are for girls.”

“Yeah but no one tells you girls to buy all that crap you get.”

“Oh? And you really think so, you think girls can just not buy underwear or bra’s or make-up. You want them to look good, to smell good, to have everything all just so, while guys get away with being slobs. You guys think you know about peer pressure but you have know idea the stuff they got to go through just to fit in.”

“Yeah well….you chicks are crazy.”

“Yeah and you’re completely dateless….and I’m not a girl!”

“But you’re defending them, you might as well be.”

“Yeah maybe because; One I’m walking in their shoes and Two I’m not an asshole.”

“Whatever dude.”

DQ is pretty popular place to hang out really and we attracted a bit of an audience and some of the girls around are looking at me with smiles and there’s a few with this confused look. Mostly from the tourist kids.

I get fries of course and a burger and some onion rings and there’s a bit of a yuppie crowd there right now mixed in with some tourist kids. They’re a bit annoying but at the same time not that bad either. You spend enough summers here and you get used to the tourists. DQ is kind of popular because they’ve got picnic tables and a couple of speakers under the awning and they pipe out the local radio station that plays some pretty decent rock and roll and they don’t mind a crowd building up because that usually means a lot of business.

We’re just hanging out and not talking about much when I see “Dick” and his buddies and some girls and “Dick” gives me a dirty look and so do a couple of the guys with him and he’s leaned over and muttering into his date’s ear and then she’s looking at me and there’s the stare over my body and a frown and then a sneer on her face as they go inside.

I look at the others and they don’t seem to have really noticed yet and I’m trying to decide whether to leave or not when there seems to be more and more people looking at me and there’s whispers. Not from everyone, but there’s enough..

Uhn-huh, you couldn’t be a man could you? You just had to act like a dick, “Dick.”

Someone whispers into the ear of one of my cousins and she turns and she looks at me I look at her and then I look down.

SLAPP!!!

Yeah the caps because with all the people there and the music playing you still heard it really loud and clear.

Deidre’s standing over the girl who’s actually on the ground crying but looking shocked.
“Dylan’s my cousin you sneaky little skank and it’s a medical condition, you say one more work out of that mouth of yours and I do more than slap the taste out of your mouth!”

Another one…one of the one’s with Rick…I mean Dick…one of the girl shoves Deidre saying. “He’s a freak and a pervert, medical condition my ass he’s some kind of tranny.”

Now Deidre hit’s the ground and bounces right back up to her feet. I’m gonna say there’s a lot of stereotypes about Jersey and stuff but there’s two big groups here; Italian and Irish and we’re the Bishop family.

Oh yeah Deidre’s got her Irish up.

I lunge to try to get in between everything before it becomes an episode of The Jersey Shore. But I’m too late and Deidre’s already hit her twice and is ripping off her dress while the other girl tries to scratch and claw at her and then there’s a rush of people…and cursing and swearing and suddenly it’s a reality TV show.

Then I get hit, a fist slams into my right side of my face and takes me right to my knees. I see stars and see “Dick.” standing over my and hauling off to boot me. I might be getting to be girly but I’m still a guy and playing right wing you get into your fair share of thumps and in a good number of scraps.

I grab his foot as he tries to connect. And lift up and push and twist and turn his leg taking him off balance and to the ground. He goes down with an ooof and while he’d down and I am too I kick him in the face.

We’re both up at the same time and he slugs me again. I don’t so much take it as counter react and we’re both slugging it out like you’d see at the rink. No thinking of planning just reacting both of going all out back and forth with both fists. We’re going all out and I think it goes on for a few minutes before “Dick” vanishes… I mean he was there one second then some fast big dark shape hit’s him. I fall backwards only to be caught by my cousins and I’m reeling as soon as I’m not fighting anymore and I can taste my own blood and I’m trying to get up, to get out of their arms before realizing that I’m not in a fight any more.

I hear Jax….

“I told you…I fuckin told you that you start your shit…you hurt Dylan and you’re gonna deal with me you remember!”

Jax isn’t just kicking “Dicks” butt he giving him a straight up beating. It’s not even a fight, Jax is a trained boxer and he’s methodically and violently beating “Dick.” Badly…as much as I want to be mad at Jax for getting involved because you don’t do that in guy-land unless you’re stopping the fight or the fight was really one sided…I mean it’s just how stuff is. But there’s this new, this other side of me that’s seeing my big brother coming to my rescue…and there’s a mix of my girly sides reaction to that mixed in with it.

I push the others off of me and move over and grab Jax’s arm at the elbow. “Jax!…Jax…stop he’s done, he’s had enough.” It takes everything I’ve got left to pull his arm away.
There’s a bit more chaos going on and Nina pulls in fast in a half ton truck. She’s Amy’s sister, well half sister on her mother’s side and older than me and Amy. She yells at us. “Get in someone called the cops!”

Jax runs to his car with some girl with him and me and my cousins and a few others run and pile into the back of her truck and we peel out of there leaving a trail of burnt rubber and “Dick” and his friends back there as we can start to see the flashing lights.

Nina’s got her truck going about seventy and there’s some yells from us just out of adrenaline and we hit the Old Beach road with Jax’s car and another one behind us and some one cranks up the stereo and “Sympathy for the Devil.” starts to play by The Rolling Stones as we race down the dirt road heading for the beach in the middle of the night.

up
242 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Don't Blame Me

One of my favorites.

Julie

Thanks Julie

I'm always glad when I get to hear from someone who enjoys the story.
I'm so glad that you commented:)
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

This is always

fun. I help but think it's going to hit the fan after they get home. On the other hand, they sure didn't start it. Dylan simply falls into that one of a kind territory. I did pick up on him using what seems like some kind of empathy to help him break out of his funk. Very nice work with that by the way. At the DQ it didn't help him so much, but he is still learning. The fight could've happened anyways given how high strung kids can be. Dylan was just the focus this time. Besides it seems like Dick is one of the ring leaders of the trouble here.

You're just so good a writer I have a hard time deciding which of your stories I like best. I love them all!

Hugs
Grover

Hey thanks so much Grover:)

Dylan did use his talent to get out of the funk but he got so into the movie he sort of turned off his brain as it were and that's why it didn't help at the DQ. You're right the fight did happen just because they were all teens and stuff like that. And you're right there will be likely some kind of discipline after they get home.

I'm just really glad that you like my stories so much.
Thank you for the really great comment:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Great story

Nice edgy writing style that really sucks you into the action. :)

Gwendolyn

Thanks Gwen:)

I was trying to go with that summertime teen parking lot brawl kind of thing I remember from my own mis-spent youth. I'm really glad that you liked it.
Thanks for ready and commenting:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Yay! Another Chapter. :-)

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Yay! Another chapter. :-)

If things are confusing now for Dylan in public, I'm guessing they'll be worse once he progresses beyond his starter boobs particular if he's being taken for a girl by most people. He's got a lot to learn about the new rules for the girl side of the fence as he realises in the restroom.

We know Jax and Dylan's mom is a cop, so whailing on 'Dick' is going to have consequences I'd guess if she finds out - and if Dylan is beat up I guess she will. On the other hand though this was family and Dylan occupies the 'kid sister' role a little to Jax, so maybe any consequences will be moderated. Family comes first after all.

And oh yeah, coming from an anglo-irish family I know that stubborn Irish streak well. Still, I'm guessing when the cops come the kids at the DQ will in time honoured style will clam up which leaves the spectre of Round 2 to come. Knowing 'Dick' it won't be fair and won't be nice when it does.

Thank you for another chapter in this enjoyable story. I'm amazed at the output of good stories you are keeping up at the moment Bailey (and not complaining either!!!). :-)

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Hey Jemima:)

I'm glad that you like this story, I like writing for this one and getting taken back to my teenaged years myself a bit. You're right Dylan's starting to see life on the other side of the fence and he's kind of realized that in girl world he's way unprepared.
There might just be some heavy consequences over the fight once the parents find out. And Rick, Rick might not be done with Dylan yet, but he's going to wait until Jax isn't around if he can.
I Loved the great comment:)
Thank you Jemima.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hehe... I guess testosterone

Hehe... I guess testosterone strikes ^^

I think it's a psychology thing that women pay more for stuff than men. If mens clothing was this expensive men would just buy less. I can't believe that the manufacturing cost is so much higher...
Maybe it's just more expensive because they can get away with it. Like the idea that what is more expensive is automatically better ^^

Thank you for writing this interesting story,
It would be nice to learn something more about his origin though...

*hugs*
Beyogi

Yeah a little Beyogi:)

Dylan's T levels aren't effected by his condition so he's got a lot of the standard reactions to things but the females ones to deal with on top of that. Add in he's from and Irish family from New Jersey and a hockey player and all around athlete he's bound to react like he always has but now there's be a whole other reaction once the adrenaline kicks in.

But really it should be Estrogen strikes again as the real start of the fight happened with Deidre starting the fight to defend Dylan. Things just escalated from that point and Rick decided to take advantage.

Girls stuff has a lot of psychology with it you're right. The levels of female vs female competition is really high, clothes, make up, toiletries...and they play into these things a lot and they do represent status symbols in a way among themselves. They might say it's not true but it is. I work in a place where the women outnumber the guys ten to one, they don't really factor into the fashion decisions or the pecking order. It's a lot like high school again with some of them. The mediums are completely different and most guys wouldn't get the difference between high end perfume say and cheaper stuff.

It's the same for women in a way as men but they're really getting taken advantage of price wise even for really cheap versions it's pretty expensive compared to the stuff guys have. Plus guys tend to the functional and they'll keep something and wear it until it falls apart...unless his S.O. replaces his things.

I'm very slowly going to work on Dylan's past in the story, I'm afraid patience will be required for that part.

Thanks for the great comment Beyogi:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Great story, as always!

I think Dylan is a great character, and very easy to relate to. Oh, and yeah, if he's gotta deal with the crap, then he should definitely take advantage of the benefits! I think in that situation, I'd be very, very confused. I'm glad that Dylan seems to be pretty well adjusted, and I'm really glad that Jax supportsa his brother. Poor Rick! I think both of them kind of got dragged into the fight, and I'm glad Dylan stood up for himself, and that his family is willing to defend him. Sounds like good people.

Love ya!

Wren

There's a reason Dylan's adjusting so well.

But that'll be part of the story:) The whole family really sticks together, yeah Jax is doing the big brother bit but his cousins are even looking after his back. I'm not too sure about poor Rick though, he did start blabbing to the girl he was with things about Dylan and he's bigger, older and still he sucker punched Dylan when he got into the fight.

Thanks for commenting Wren:)
Love Ya back!
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

not poor Rick, its just Dick

Dick went out of his way to stir up trouble, then as you said sucker punched Dylan.
Jax warned him, some people just have to learn the hard way, I had a guy in the navy like that, no amount of discipline worked on this guy. then one morning at quarters he was bruised a little an when I asked the Sr Chief what happened he said his bunkmates had words with him. he worked great for 6 months before he started back sliding again. some people just have to learn the hard way.
great story, thanks

Some guys just need manual attitude adjustments.

The warning will get back written into the story when Dylan will find out about it. Jax had words with "D..ick" awhile after the street hockey game. But yeah, we had a guy in school who was a bully and regular ass.... and there were some of us seniors who gave him the manual adjustment as he liked to pick on the little kids. (Big school, housed grades 6-12 in various wings.) and like your guy he'd be good for a few months.

Thanks for the great comment LoneWolf:)
*Hugs and howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Now that's a scrap. Pity

Now that's a scrap. Pity though Dick is going to try and shove all the blame on the other side.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

He might and he might not.

I haven't decided yet if they got away from the police or not and even then there's a whole "Don't rat people out" thing. There's a kind of an honor system there with these things. The fight though was good.

I'm glad that you liked the fight and commented.
Always a good thing to get word from Faraway:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Nothing Comes of it Either Way

I think they should get off, but even if they do get stopped/caught, it'll be multiple witnesses for both sides; so, no way to really determine what happened. Plus, Dick would know that Jaz will be wanting to "talk" to him again if Dick tried to say that he (Dick) was the victim.

Thanks cbee.

I'm glad you read this and you're right it might just add up to a whole lot of nothing but I won't know until I write it.
Thanks for commenting.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Cool beans!

Another rockin' series from you, hon =]

Really liking the amount of realism in the character development. I could totally picture meeting these people in my home town. Great work.

Thanks for another excellent journey, Bailey!

~Hugs n stuff~ ^^

Thanks Lynx!

It means a lot that I kind of nailed that vibe, I'm kind of pulling my own summertime's and trips and stuff. I'm glad that you liked this so much and thanks so much for commenting.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Awesome Sauce

Awesome chapter,had me on the edge of my seta during the fight!! :)

I Love You using that:)

I hardly ever hear anyone use awesome sauce anymore. Made my evening:)
I'm glad you liked it and commented Melinda.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Really really like your writing

I've just begun to notice your stories and they are really good - so realistic it's hard not to believe them as truth!And it's kind of neat to be able to read so many sections all at once. Great story. Thanks for your hard work.

Oh thanks so much Petra200002:)

I hope that you enjoy the stories and I love getting new comments and more than that new commenters:) Let me know what you like the most hon:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers