The Moose and the Magic Window

Printer-friendly version

The Moose and the Magic Window
by Maggie the Kitten
 
Huggles and snuggles to my amazing auntie prue and her magical moose.

 © 2004 by Maggie the Kitten

It was early Saturday evening and Maggie was in her basement sanctuary as she was most every evening. It had been christened the Kitten Kave by those who knew her affectionately as ‘the Kitten’, the Kitten being the heart and soul of the five year old little girl who’d been imprisoned in the body of Maggie, a middle aged male to female transsexual.

Maggie spent most of her day at her job, or "dayscare" as the Kitten within called it. The days were long and the work was hard and by the time Maggie biked home, it was all she could do to find food and then descend to the"The Kitten Kave", where she lived.

All day long the little girl within had waited and watched silently while Maggie the adult toiled at her adult job, but once Maggie finally got settled in the Kitten Kave, it was Kitten's time to shine.

Granted, the quantity of "play time" for this trapped toddler was very limited, sometimes little more than a few hours, as sleep would too quickly sneak up on the exhausted adult body within which the little girl was trapped in, but quality time was rarely lacking.

Down in the Kitten Kave she had her stuffed babies to talk to and play with. She had games and toys suitable for a little girl her age. She had adult sized jammies especially designed for the toddler within. She had fairy tale books that would send her off to dreams of princesses and magic kingdoms, but most of all, she had a magic window that took her to a place where she had everything a little girl could ever dream of.

When Maggie stepped through this magic window she took her heart and soul with her, she left behind, her tired, old, too big, wrong gendered adult body and life that went with it.

On the other side of the magic window, the little girl found freedom, love, acceptance, family, joy, and security. In short, she found LIFE, the life she had spent her entire existence dreaming and wishing for.

Kitten would play in the magic world she found beyond the magic window, sharing love and hugs and laughter with the others who met her there through their own magic windows. The joy and love she gained through this connection helped the little girl survive when she returned to the adult body and the life that imprisoned her on the mundane side of the window.

Unfortunately for Kitten, she hadn't been able to step through her magic window in quite some time and the little girl within was becoming very sad and lonely.

Why hadn't she been able to step through the magic window you ask? Had it disappeared in a puff of magical pink smoke perhaps? Had it turned into a green frog and hopped away? Did it even actually exist, or was it all just a fairy tale created by a lonely little girl?

Well...there was no pink magic smoke, no green frogs, but the magic window was definitely real. In fact, if you are reading this little tale then you are the proud owner of your very own magic window.
In case you haven't guessed it, Maggie's magic window was her computer screen, her connection was the internet, and the magical place it took her to was a chatroom filled with wonderful souls from around the world who loved the Kitten for the little girl she truly was.

But that doesn't tell us why Maggie is sitting at her computer desk, staring sadly at the magic window, her fingers touching the blank screen lovingly, her eyes filled with tears and the Kitten's heart breaking because she couldn't get through to her family on the other side.

So...why couldn't she get through the magic window? What devilish demon stood between the Kitten and her playground? What black magic had separated her from the arms she longed to pounce into?

Actually there was no dasterdly dragon, wicked warlock, or gruesome gremlin blocking her path. It was just a combination of unfortunate circumstances better known as LIFE.

Her work load had increased, sometimes exceeding a twelve hour day, and by the time she came home she was so exhausted she often fell asleep before she could knock up her dinner or turn on the computer. And even on those nights when she ‘could’ stay awake, she was often still barred entrance to the promised land.

Also, her computer connection had changed from cable to dial up. This meant that any time Maggie was on the computer she could be "kicked off" by an incoming call or by someone in the residence above who wanted to make an outgoing call. Countless times as of late, Maggie had tried to step through her magic window only to find her access denied by a busy phone line, or cut short by someone ringing in.

And finally there was Kitten herself. As much as she loved going through the magic window, she hated returning back through it. She hated saying goodbye to her special friends and family when her computer time was up. She hated going back to a body and a world too big for a little girl to handle. The return trip to hell had become so painful that she had become reluctant to step through the magic window for her holiday in heaven.

So here it was, Saturday night. Maggie was tired from another day, wondering if she had the energy to work the keys that opened the window, wondering how long she would get to play before her phone connection would be lost, and wondering if Kitten could stand the pain of having to leave her life and loved ones behind when it was time to step back through the window.

Maggie, dressed in her best jammies, clutched her stuffed lion, and rocked as she hovered her finger above the power button on the kitten komputer.

She held it there for what seemed like an eternity, agonizing over a choice no little girl should have to make, and finally, pulling her finger back in defeat, she collapsed on the keyboard and cried, "I wanna go home, I wanna go home!"

Maggie sobbed and Kitten tears fell to the keyboard like sad rain. Exhaustion was quickly overcoming her and another night of fitful sleep looked to be in order. But then something strange happened.

The keyboard began to crack and pop as if the fallen tears were shorting it out. Maggie groaned, thinking things had now gone from bad to worse when suddenly her ears heard the familiar sound of Kitten Komputer firing up.

She checked the unpushed power button and found it to still be switched off, but the computer was clearly on, and soon the screen lit up, only this time instead of the familiar cool blue, her magic window was a bright pink.

Maggie stared in disbelief at the scene before her while the Kitten within smiled at her favorite color.

Suddenly a figure appeared in the magic window, but not the usual internet icon Maggie had grown accustomed to seeing. This time she was greeted by a familiar brown animal that made Maggie smile and Kitten squeal with delight.

There on the pink field stood none other than Auntie Prue's little hair munching moose. Auntie Prue's muse or "moose" as Kitten nicknamed her, spent most of her time on the beautiful Kiwi's shoulder, nestled in her lovely locks and whispering ideas to Prue for more of her magical tales.

However, the moose loved to munch hair, and by far the yummiest and often food caked strands belonged to none other than the little Kitten herself. Whenever she went through the magic window and visited her Auntie Prue, the moose would immediately jump from Prue's shoulder to Kitten's and begin feasting in the child's hair.

Moose munching is not painful at all and rarely damaging to the hair. In fact it can be quite pleasant and Kitten would laugh and giggle as the moose munching tickled her to no end.

The moose on the screen smiled at Maggie, batted its eyelashes, wiggled its bum playfully and then beckoned her to come closer with a hoof.

Maggie could scarcely believe her eyes and wasn't sure what to do, but Kitten believed and knew. Kitten wasn't afraid, and wasn't about to be denied. Slowly, the child within directed Maggie's hand toward the computer generated moose.

When Maggie's fingertip connected with the magic window and the waiting moose, she felt a wave of warmth rush over, immediately relaxing her. Then she felt something land lightly on her shoulder and snuggle in her locks. A Kitten giggle escaped her lips as the moose came to roost and happily began munching.

The moose munching relaxed Maggie even more, and very soon a second wave of warmth washed over her and off to sleep she drifted.

Prue sat tapping at the keys on the computer in her sunroom. She glanced over at her little neice who lay sleeping on the love seat. The five year old was snuggled beneath the woobie, clutching her stuffed lion and smiling softly, no doubt happily playing in dreamland.

A small children's book lay on the floor next to the sleeping innocent. Prue smiled lovingly at Kitten's favorite bedtime story. It was a lovely tale about a little girl named Maggie who'd gotten lost in a dark place, but with the help of a magic moose and a magic window had found her way home once again.

Prue went to her little sleeping beauty and pulled the woobie up close around her, kissing her on the forehead as she did. A slight rustling in the little angel's curly auburn locks drew the young woman's attention.

There snuggled close to the Kitten, watching over her while she slept, softly munching on the child's mane was Prue's moose. Prue winked at her talented and hair hungry moose who in turn, dipped an antler in her direction and winked back.

Prue returned to her desk and typed: The Kitten is home. The Kitten is home.

huggles and love Auntie Prue. Thank you and the moose for giving me the magic to always bring me home. I love you with all my heart. Kitten
.
.
.
I am posting this with permission, for Maggie. She and I and many others really, really miss Prudence (Prue) Walker.

Holly H Hart

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So sad it is, but I love it

So sad it is, but I love it all the same Maggie.
Thanks a lot. Maybe there even may be a little bit of hope for me too.
Robin

The Moose and the Magic Window

There is NOTHING like magic.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I simply cannot get to the end of this tale

Without crying! This is a story that touches this old gentleman on so many levels but each time I read it I use more and more tissues!