Open Your Heart - Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Open Your Heart
by Abigail Drew

Chapter Three

Janet set her burden down on the floor next to the tub and walked back out of the bathroom to the sounds of a rap remix of Canon in D using a keyboard and percussion. “We’re lookin’ on the sunny side,” incongruously sang the female vocalist doing melodic counterpoint. The song couldn’t be more inappropriate.

There wasn’t much she could think of to do. She had to figure it was something she’d said, but she didn’t know squat about psychology. She also couldn’t really understand where Drew was coming from. She asked all those questions and things because she was honestly curious about him. All she ever knew about him was that he worked as the groundskeeper at the same apartment complex that her husband managed and that her husband seemed to think quite well of him. She didn’t really understand why.

She’ll never forget the first time she met him. Her husband had just come home from the apartment complex when he announced they were to have a dinner companion. At the time, they had only just sent their daughter off to college at the end of the summer, and it was just the two of them, so having someone else over was a little bit of relief — for the moment, at least, she wouldn’t need to figure out how to cook for only two!

She had cleaned the place up a bit, even though her husband told her she probably wouldn’t need to, the young man he’d invited was only twenty-four and was a groundskeeper. She definitely wasn’t prepared for the individual who walked in her front door exactly at six, wearing a baggy flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off just shy of the elbow and tan cargo shorts. It was late October and it had to be at most sixty degrees out! He also had cycling gloves on his hands and was holding a bicycle helmet. No jacket, closely buzzed head, hairless skin anywhere else, and with beads of sweat rolling down his face. Sweat, wearing those clothes, at this temperature.

“Hey Jack,” he said as her husband let him in. “Mind if I use your restroom real quick before dinner?”

During the meal, she tried to engage him in conversation, but he only responded to her direct questions and offered nothing. “So you like riding then?” She asked him at one point during the meal, in reference to the way he’d come in.

“Yes.” He answered simply.

“What do you ride?” She continued.

“Just a cheap Trek 820 for now, with some small inexpensive modifications to make city riding easier that I take off out on trails.” That was a little more, still like trying to pull teeth.

“For now?” She prompted, and got no response. “You said for now, is there something better?”

“There’re lots better, the 820’s about as cheap a bike as you can get and still have a decent bike.” He replied, entirely missing the point.

“Are you looking to get something better?” She asked, trying to keep her exasperation out of her voice.

“Yeah. I’ve been saving up and having custom parts made for me to build my own.”

The stilted conversation continued with her asking questions and him answering until he left.

“Did he pass interrogation?” Jack asked her after Drew had left. There was a challenge in his voice that wasn’t there unless she’d done something he didn’t like.

“Interrogation?” Janet responded defensively. “I was simply trying to get a conversation going.”

“Couldn’t you tell he was uncomfortable?”

“Well…”

“My dear wife… You need to understand that not everyone likes to talk the way you do.” She didn’t argue with Jack at the time, but she felt there was just something more to it than that.

The next time Jack invited Drew to dinner with them was on Thanksgiving. This time, Christina was also home on break from college. It was one of those odd Thanksgivings you seem to experience every few years in the Midwest, give or take, during which it’s snowing so hard it’s like walking through a down blanket, and the wind so strong that it’s blowing it on a trajectory which aims most generally horizontally rather than vertically. Janet was becoming quite concerned for Drew’s safety, figuring he’d probably ride there again.

“Don’t worry,” Jack insisted, “he has a truck and I doubt even he would ride in this weather.” However, the look on Jack’s face told a different story. He was worried too.

A few minutes later they heard a distant rumble as of thunder. As the noise continued to get closer it became apparent that it was the rattling of the body of a vehicle so rusted out it’s a surprise it wasn’t spread across the highway, combined with the engine noise of an old truck whose muffler was shot over a decade ago.

“Who is that driving that awful deathtrap through here?” Janet asked.

“That would be Drew…” Jack answered, trailing off at the end.

“Y-You asked him to Thanksgiving dinner with us when you knew it was going to be like this and that he’d either be riding on t-th-that b-bike, or driving t-th-this deathtrap!?”

“They do both seem to get him where he needs to go…” Jack said, a little hesitantly as the engine noise outside spluttered off.

Just then Christina came downstairs from where she’d been doing schoolwork in her room with an odd look on her face. “Is that?” She began, as the doorbell rang. Janet started to get up to answer it, “Just stay there Mom, I’ll get it. I’m closer, and besides, already standing.”

Christina opened the door to the sight of a young androgynous person in loose cargo pants, a baggy flannel, and even baggier heavy hooded jacket with a three-size too large windbreaker covering the entire ensemble. Only its face and hands were visible. The hands looked almost feminine except for the cuts and calluses. The face was indeterminate, there was no sign of beard shadow, but neither were the eyebrows neatly kept. In fact, the eyebrows were oddly sparse and thin out towards the side of the face and dense and course in near the bridge of the nose. There was no widow’s peak, the throat was narrow and lacked an Adam’s apple, and the skin appeared soft.

Only when the apparition spoke did it become apparent its gender was male. And that, not so much because of pitch, but because of timbre. “Uh… Hi. You must be Christina?” He asked, then put out his hand as to shake, adding, “Drew.”

Mesmerized, Christina tripped on her own foot as she went to return the gesture, falling forward face first onto his chest. Then she discovered something that almost made her wet herself with sexual excitement. His chest wasn’t rock-hard like a lean muscular man, but neither was it springy and flabby like an obese man. It was simply soft and pillowy, with two soft, barely discernable, breasts. It was obvious that they were being held tightly in some thin material and that he was trying to hide them.

“You ok?” Drew asked, his hands on her shoulders as Christina regained her composure.

“Y-yh-yeah.” She replied, slightly breathless. “I honestly don’t know what came over me.” She lied in complete dead-pan as though she really didn’t.

“You looked a little dazed out for a minute there. You sure you don’t need to sit down for a while?” Drew asked with a hint of concern.

“Uh. Maybe.” Christina said, as Drew led her to the couch opposite the love-seat that Jack and Janet occupied. There she sat down and waited as Drew went to hang up his jackets, when he returned and sat as well, she cuddled against him. Drew stiffened a little at first, but then relaxed.

The entire rest of that afternoon and during dinner Christina had practically glued herself to Drew’s side, talking animatedly with him, or just cuddling against him. Incredibly, Drew seemed to weaken his defenses to her and actually talked with her, and only seemed to relax increasingly easily when she cuddled against him as the evening wore on. Oddly, at the same time, Drew seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact that Christina was flirting with him.

Once Drew had left and Christina returned to her room, Janet decided to have a talk with her daughter about Drew. As she was going on and on about responsibility and not pushing too hard and so forth, Christina appeared distracted. Finally, Christina interrupted her mid-word and blurted out, “Mom! He’s got boobs!”

Janet was interrupted in her reverie by the sound of the shower starting. Hopefully he’s using the new stuff I gave him… She considered going in and making sure herself, but thought wiser and called Christina.

“Hey hun, you outside already?” She asked when her daughter picked up the phone. She’d set it up with her daughter ahead of time that if she were to have any problems, she’d let Christina in to help. “Yeah? OK, let me buzz you in.”


Drew faintly heard the sound of someone buzzing the intercom to come in, and the answering buzz as Janet permitted them entry while he just stood under the hot water, not yet actually actively showering. ‘Great. Party at Drew’s!’ He thought darkly, ‘Why not invite the whole freaking town to watch me get turned into a gay girl. Must be good sport!’

Janet was wrong. She had to be. He’s never had any real sexual drive around anyone. He once experimented with dating a known slut, just to see if he could even get it going if someone actively tried seducing him… And of course nothing happened and she practically chased him off and refused to ever talk to him again.

In the privacy of his own bedroom, the only thing that ever turned him on was… no, no way he’s going to actively admit to those fantasies. It was bad enough having them. If he had been willing to admit to them, he might have been able to do something with that slut, but she’d probably have reacted even worse than she did to his complete lack of natural libido. It wasn’t natural. It couldn’t be natural. He couldn’t be natural. He wasn’t natural. No one could care about such an unnatural creature as him. He was asexual, he insisted. He had to be. If he was otherwise, it’d be much much worse.

His thoughts were interrupted by the gentle opening and closing of the door as someone tried to remain undetected entering, followed by the soft sounds of clothing being carefully removed as silently as possible. ‘Great. Whoever it is plans on joining me in the shower.’ He darkly thought as he turned to see if he could tell who it was through the glass doors of his shower and bathtub stall. The glass doors had a bumped texture, which fuzzed anything you tried to see through it in either direction. ‘If this sort of thing were to ever become too common,’ thought Drew, ‘maybe I should see about replacing these with mirrored glass instead, so I can see out, but no one can see in.’

All he could really tell through the doors of his shower… was that the individual who would be soon joining him was clearly female: having all the right curves in all the right places and lacking any dangly bits between the legs. She was about his size, maybe slightly shorter. Which was actually fairly unusual, he being only five-five… and a half, he insisted on counting that half inch. Most people assumed he was just being funny when he told them his height was five-five-five, but the truth was he was very self-conscious about being so short, so he attempted to make light of it to hide his real insecurity towards his size.

Now completely naked, the figure came up to the tub, picked up the stuff Janet had left there that he’d ignored, slid the stall door further from the shower head open, and joined him. Now up close, she was plainly about an inch shorter than he was, built a little slimmer than himself but with much wider hips, had perhaps C-cup breasts, seeming to be larger than his own B-cups, reddish-brown hair, and a deep tan.

“Christina!?” Drew exclaimed. “I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised…” he almost muttered. “How long have YOU known then?”

Christina blushed slightly. “Since that first thanksgiving you spent at our place… remember I tripped over my own foot and fell onto your chest?”

“So you’ve known I was a freak since the first moment you met me…” Drew began, trailing off, before his voice sharpened. “Why then did you spend so much time with me? Acted like you really cared? Am I some sort of joke to you?” He accused.

“No… I really do care.” She answered softly.

“Hrm.” Drew grunted. It was neither agreement nor denial, he was simply still upset that it seemed what he’d thought was a secret was no secret at all. He still doubted Christina’s sincerity. How could anyone care about him? A loser. Asexual. College drop-out. Man-boobs. He wasn’t worth anything to anyone. He couldn’t even get up enough courage to face any of it. Or to simply end it.

Christina apparently either took the grunt as accession, or just didn’t care, as she began arranging the things Janet had brought over about the currently empty shower shelves, and reaching around Drew and turning the water off. There were what appeared to be two different shampoos — upon closer examination he realized she’d brought his Selenium Sulfide back in, and an expensive looking daily shampoo, two conditioners — one claiming to be a “deep” conditioner, some sort of exfoliating facial cleanser and toner, a facial moisturizer, an exfoliating body wash, and a different, probably far more expensive, bubble bath. She also returned his sponge, as well as bringing some strange looking gloves, a pumice stone, and some sort of poofy lacy looking thing.

“These are what my mother brought you for lathering,” she began, indicating the poofy thing, “and exfoliating,” indicating the gloves and the stone. “Since you have this,” she said, and indicated his sponge, “You won’t be needing these,” and she tossed the poofy thing and gloves out of the shower. “My mother probably figured you’d be like most guys and just lather and wash bare-hand and not care about exfoliation at all… Why do you have a sponge anyways?”

Drew rolled his eyes. “And why wouldn’t I have a sponge? I don’t know why, I just like to use it.”

“I wasn’t trying to say anything about it, it’s just that real sponges aren’t cheap, and especially of this size and quality, with a removable handle and the sewn-on wood back. You could have gotten a loofah made of other natural fibers for much cheaper, which would have done the same job, if not quite as well.”

“When I lived with my parents, my mother had a real sponge much like this one, though it was glued cheaply to plastic backing, I got to using it when I started working, it felt good over the sores and irritated skin. So when I moved out, I searched long and hard for my own, finally found that one on ebay for more money than I want to admit spending.”

“That’s cool!” She exclaimed. “So… I’ve never had dandruff of any sort before, what do you usually do for your hair?” Christina asked.

“Well, I only use the Selenium Sulfide once a week and that’s on Sundays… But when I do use it, regular shampoo first, then dandruff shampoo, leave it in for a couple minutes while I wash my face, which I just use some body wash for, then rinse the dandruff shampoo and body wash off together.” Drew explained. “Daily, I just wash my hair with the regular shampoo, leave it in while washing my face, and rinse together.”

“Well, you can basically just stick to that same routine, though now you’ll be using a different shampoo and some proper facial products… by the way, why did you start letting your hair grow out?”

Drew groaned. He always used to keep his hair buzzed extremely short, no longer than an inch in the winter, half in the summer. Just this past winter he decided it wasn’t worth the twelve bucks every two weeks to keep it buzzed, and he let it grow all winter. By the time warm weather hit, he’d just simply gotten out of the habit of going to a barber. His hair was now almost to his shoulders, though it definitely needed some trimming to make it look neat. At least he’d finally lost the thick curl he always had growing up that made anything longer than an inch poof out into a completely natural afro, it had calmed down to just a gentle wave. This was the direct opposite of his younger brother who grew up with razor straight hair that eventually developed the same gentle wave that Drew’s own hair now sported. “Pure laziness.” He responded in a deliberate monotone. The kind that said just shut up. Drew never had really worried too much about his appearance, aside from trying to hide his breasts.

“We’re going to have to take you to the salon to get that tidied up.” She apparently didn’t get the hint. “Anyways, you’ll use this shampoo and 3-in-one exfoliating facial cleanser and toner, rinse them off after waiting the appropriate time for the facial cleanser, then this conditioner,” she held up the conditioner that didn’t have anything about “deep” on its label as well as the facial moisturizer, “and facial moisturizer, and rinse, then you’ll use the exfoliating body wash for the rest of your body using that sponge of yours, rinse, and use the pumice stone on your feet.”

“That sounds like it’ll take forever.” Drew complained.

“Not really. At least you won’t have to shave thanks to you solving that problem with electrolysis. How long do you usually take in the shower?”

“About twenty to twenty-five minutes… depending.”

“This’ll take you to about fourty, tops, if you dawdle.”

“On Sunday’s, you’re going to use the deep conditioner instead of the regular conditioner, and hold off on the facial moisturizer until after you get out of the shower. Add another 5 minutes.”

“And why do I have to do all this? What was wrong with my old shower routine?” Drew asked.

“What wasn’t wrong with it would be easier to answer… At least you cleaned yourself thoroughly.”

Drew could tell it’d be pointless to argue with either Christina or Janet, unless he wanted to back out completely, which he couldn’t do. Not after he’d said he’d do it. His word bound him more tightly than a noose.

“OK. Now you wash me while I wash you, we’ll get done faster that way.” Christina said, and Drew went beet red as he complied, turning even more violently red when Christina started washing him and moaning in pleasure.


Janet had finally figured out how to turn Drew’s music off and get his TV on and was looking for something half interesting to watch when she heard soft moaning coming from the bathroom. She was going to have to talk to Christina about Drew again… and soon.

--SEPARATOR--

Musical accompaniment for this chapter brought to you by:

M.O.V.E. - Lookin' On The Sunny Side

I figured out a way to arrange the information I needed to present without going to chapter-and-half length, nor with making it a half-chapter with only Janet's romp down memory lane. Hope it came out at least tolerably well.

Comments are, as always, welcome, read, and usually appreciated ;P

up
123 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

btw...

If I screwed up on feminine shower routines at all, please correct me. My own sisters were never all that girly and Drew's "male" routine really isn't all that different from what theirs had always been. They used a daily conditioner, but never a deep conditioner, they used body wash and facial cleansers, but never toners, moisturizers, or exfoliating stuff.

I did my best to present a girlier routine, because that's the kind of women that Janet and Christina are, so that's what they'll be pushing on Drew.

Abigail Drew.

I've been living as a girl

I've been living as a girl for 2 years now, my routine is using normal shampoo for my hair, and conditioner to get rid of knots. my body just regular shower gel, (soap makes my skin a little rough) I don't really use anything else and as far as I know most of my girl friends aren't into the whole "girly" routine either, as you call it.

I never really liked when stories insist you have to do the "girly" routine if you're gonna be a girl.

(I only use conditioner now because the hairdressers all complained about me having too much hair, and wanting to thin it out, ever since then I keep having lot's of knots. People cringe sometimes when seeing me try brushing my hair :p so The conditioner became a nessecity if I didn't want to painfully brush my hair every day...)

Anyway, I'm always amazed how many people here know so much about all those produts, then again I am kind of a tomboy not wearing make-up, skirts or dresses, unless for special affairs, and even then it's mostly just eyeliner and mascara.

believe me, if I had my druthers...

They wouldn't be pushing a girly routine either... But I don't really have that much control anymore once the characters are created...

Janet and Christina are both "girly" women, they look good, like looking good, and think that everyone else should like looking good too if they only try once.

You also have to realize that Drew is in seriously heavy self-denial at this time, so, to him, his only course is to follow orders.

We're quite likely to see things start to change as Drew starts learning to accept himself. Slowly.

I suppose I could have created Janet and Christina as less forceful, or less vain, characters, but where would the fun have been in that? I'm an evil evil author who likes putting my characters into painful situations to force them to grow ;P

Abigail Drew.

We're quite likely to see things start to change...

I probably should have been more careful with my phrasing here, really don't want to give the wrong impression. There've already been strong hints that Drew may be more vain himself than he might care to admit. He's been hiding from himself so long, he more than half believes the image he's created for others himself.

Abigail Drew.

Okaaaay. That was

Okaaaay. That was unexpected. The daughter is clearly enamored. And what is it about Drew's sexuality that bothers him so?
And sorry but I suggest a little better tuning of the flashback, it was not clear enough that it started and that it revealed how the family knew about Drew's gynecomastia in advance of their making that one offer.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

She’ll never forget the first time she met him.

I dunno how better to start the first flashback, and the second? At that point she was already going down memory lane, and in her mind it flowed straight from the first one, so that's how I wrote it. She never really -LEFT- the flashback from flashback 1, she just flowed straight through.

I know, her mind is pretty darned alien to me too. It was soooo hard writing from her perspective. I'm honestly not sure how better to organize her trip down memory lane to both: make it apparent that she just flowed right through both memories without a break, and, make the point of the trip plain to the reader.

And yeah... Christina's... interesting. We'll learn more about her soon enough, though not next chapter, next chapter is back to work for Drew's last day as himself!

Honestly, about Drew's sexuality that he's so uncomfortable with that he's hiding from it by trying to be asexual... shouldn't you be able to figure that out by now? I mean, this -IS- Big Closet, the story has a Transgender tag, and Drew's supposed to be learning self-acceptance. Oops. If that didn't give it away, no amount of prose will. ;P

In case you HAVEN'T puzzled it out, and the last paragraph didn't completely give it away, don't worry. All things will be revealed in-story in due course. At least, I'll do my best to make it apparent whilst maintaining perspectives.

Drew's a very complex character, btw... his problems are not limited to just his gender/sexuality. In case you haven't noticed, he also has severe issues with self-worth. This -SHOULD- have been apparent from chapter one, with the reason he dropped out of school, and the way he has referred to himself since the very beginning. This lack of self-worth only partially stems from the gender/sexuality issues. There's more to it than just that, and these other problems will eventually show up... I'm estimating the total length of this story to be at least 100k, maybe upwards of 200k at this point. Drew has a LOT of CRAP in his life to work through before he can accept himself. He's also got the pending discovery by his parents that he'll have to deal with, and trust me, I can tell you as a Latter-Day-Saint myself, his parents are NOT going to be happy. They'll get over it, but it ain't gunna be easy, on either them, or him. They don't even have any idea about his gynaecomastia at this point, he was hiding it from them, for reasons far far too complex to explain before it gets handled in prose.

And yes, he's already done stuff, aside from just agreeing to pretend to be female that his parents aren't going to like. This chapter is chock-full of things that no temple-going-fully-active member of the LDS church would ever do. And of course his parents want him to be just that. They want him to go to the highest glory of the highest kingdom... What LDS parent doesn't? They'll get over the fact that he wouldn't be happy there.

In the LDS Church we believe there are three kingdoms of heaven, and many levels of glory in each. Essentially, the highest glory of the highest kingdom are folks who lived absolutely near-perfect lives and are going to be "like God"... There are other glories in the highest kingdom for people who lived extremely faithful lives, but wouldn't quite be comfortable being a God over their own worlds. There's also the other two kingdoms for people who commit sins of varying intensities. Very Very few people, according to our beliefs, will be sent to "hell" - people who knew God perfectly and denied him. We only know of Satan, his hosts, and Cain as absolutes for this.

Now please, I'm not trying to be preachy here, just trying to point out where my character is coming from, and this stuff will come up in the story, also, hopefully, not in a preachy way. Even though, as members, we KNOW - know being used subjectively here - we are extremely unlikely to go to "hell", we are taught to such a point that we want to be "like God" that people who can't quite live up to that tend to get rather uncomfortable in our meetings, and that's currently where Drew is at.

Many LDS have difficulty understanding that, no, in fact, not everyone DOES want to be "like God". And our Heavenly Father does NOT want us unhappy, that's why he set up the kingdoms in the first place... If everyone could be happy living as Gods, there'd be no point... Sorry, this last did end up getting a little on the preachy side... Sorry, I just get so frustrated with the image that ends up getting out there about the Church because of the... over-zealotry, of some of the membership.

I'll try very very very hard to keep it toned down in the story when it comes up much later on. Unless people would be ok with me letting the characters go all out about the topic? It honestly is just part of the character, I realize I probably could have made a character who wasn't LDS who -might- have had the same problems accepting themselves, but I'm not so sure. It really is a complex web I weave here :/

Abigail Drew.

The daughter is clearly enamored.

You might ask yourself though, which Drew is she -REALLY- enamored with? Does she somehow recognize the Drew that Drew himself is hiding? Is she enamored with the image he's using to hide behind? This second is unlikely, considering when exactly she, uh, imprinted on him. Is she enamored with some image of him she's built up in her head?

My story is a very deep, thinking story... when you read it, ask yourself what you're reading... trust me, it'll make it a little easier to digest. Especially when I pound something into you as forcefully as I did that... It really is a very important plot point.

Abigail Drew.

Shower routines for girls.

I have Psoriasis and it is worst on my scalp. Always had dandruff as a younger person but either owing to my aging (64) or the Estrogen, my scalp has gone to full blown Psorasis. "Bed Head 2" works great, though it is really expensive in the mid West. I spent the winter in Ohio and it was $32 for the shampoo and conditioner. Here in Oregon it is about $12 for both. It works really well and the conditioner is brill.

For a T girl and perhaps GGs too, my "front bottom" must be washed and rinsed carefully. T girls need to pee right after the shower to flush out the uretha to help avoid a UTI. I don't know if GGs have to or not. GGs have a sort of external floppy bit of skin that tends to shed outside contaminants. I just have the open port.

One thing that has helped my skin OH so much is the use of Dr ordered Cetaphil on all my skin and applied to the hand and then rubbed into the palm with a hand wetted under the faucet. This cuts the cream and makes it spread more easily. It seems a little fussy but pays off.

In spite of $7000 of Laser, I still need to shave my face every day or two at the most. I shave in the proper direction and then do the unrecommended reverse shaving to really mow down the gray hairs. Then I use "Olay" #7 on my face, cut the same way to reduce wrinkles and sheild my face from UV. So far, my face is without lines.

So, girls have to do a lot of maintenance in the shower and in the bathroom. I used to get up and get out of the house in 30 minutes, and now it takes 90 at least. No whining, I signed up for this.

Much peace

Gwendolyn

psoriasis, yikes.

My own, nor my characters, condition is quite that bad. It's scalp only, and it really is literally as my character describes it, our scalp is so moist and oily that it sheds itself in thick layers directly into our hair, where it dries and then leaves a nasty mess. If people with this form of dandruff use a Selenium Sulfide based dandruff shampoo once a week, it keeps it controlled.

The rest of my skin is quite well balanced, not too moist, not too dry.

I cut the shower scene off before going into too much detail about exactly how their bodies needed washed... Partly, I figured it wouldn't really be necessary to move the plot forward nor to reveal anything that needed revealed, and partly because I was trying to keep the chapter from growing too large.

I haven't mentioned anything about after-shower yet really, Drew obviously hasn't had junior removed yet, so he doesn't have to worry about ridding himself of any water ;P

I imagine Christina will, but Drew won't really think anything of it, he usually relieves himself before getting under the water, he'll just assume Christina's the opposite, so when he recalls the rest of the evening in the next chapter, he won't even mention it.

About prep time... I'm worse than anyone else in the world pretty much, if I'm not intentionally rushing, it takes me about an hour to get out the door in the morning, and I don't even shower. I, like Drew, save my showering and bathing for just before bed. And I take about 20-25 minutes showering, 15-20 minutes on hair removal, and then take a nice long hot soak in my bubble bath.

Oh, and next chapter, Drew is going to wake up from a disturbing dream, find Christina spent the night with him, and have something very important to him discovered and confiscated ;P

(I do love doing these little teasers, especially when I can say something completely truthful, and anyone who reads it builds up their own strange ideas what it can be, and it turns out to be very different. Yes, yes I am evil.)

Abigail Drew.

Quite Enjoyable

I for one find this story quite enjoyable and I would love to be able to read more of it. It is a definite change in pace from other stories that we often see and read about where the person wants to see if they can be a "Girl". Here Drew is trying to keep his job but is stuck in the quandary of "Do I really want to go this far?".

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Wow. Jayme, unexpected comment!

Thanks for the wonderful comment Jayme. A change of pace is pretty much exactly what I was aiming for with this story. It's about self-acceptance, a stage that is so emotionally wrought that many just skip it or touch only briefly on it. I'm writing an entire series of novels on it, with Drew involved as the main character of each.

There will be more... but it may be some time. You see, in process of writing this story, I came to realize I needed its lesson more than anyone else did. I am just now starting to come out, and so my life is a bit hectic atm. (If you are interested in me, I'm very candid in my blogs).

Thanks again for the comment, the chapter's been up long enough now I was no longer expecting any others.

Abigail Drew.

Abigail Drew.

You're a remarkably good

You're a remarkably good writer. Drew is a deep and complex character, and I'm looking forward to seeing you unwind him or her, and how it all fits into the developments at Drew's job.

The fact that everyone is not perfect, not always hitting the right notes (the way Janet doesn't "get" Drew and vice versa) -- it's handled very well, increases the realistic feel of the story.

I hope you go on with this... I'd love to see more.

Kaleigh

Open Your Heart - Chapter 3

Great how they accept Drew.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

LOL

Yes, yes she is! She's a pushy one. She's actually a sort I'd be attracted to if she were real and not just a character. But despite similarities, Drew is not quite my author insert. Drew has other qualifications for attraction, which is why he didn't respond at all how she was hoping.

Abigail Drew.