Broken down Angel....

Printer-friendly version

Broken Down Angel…

Bump….
Crack…..
Bump…..

Shadira sighed just like any other woman whose patience was at that point where they’re about to throw their ands up in the air or cross their arms across their chest just under their breasts in that “Stop being an idiot.” kind of way.

Dorian looked over at her from the driver’s seat and stared at her. “Shadira…beloved.” Which he said in that aggravated accentuated V on the beloved. “You do realize that I can sense your thoughts.”

She just looked directly at him and smirk-pursed her lips and Blink-blink-blink went her eyelashes.

He shifted gears again in the old mustang they had stolen. Shadira’s shoulders hunched at the sound of grinding gears and a badly abused transmission.

“I could drive?” she offered for like the fifth time.

“No thank you I’m doing quite well with this Mustang.”

“You know that breaking a horse means something else entirely than breaking the car right?”

“I’ll have you know sweetheart that I was around when the very first motor-car was invented and implemented.”

“Yes Dorian but the last time you drove a car you had to stand out in front of it and crank it.” Blink, blink, blink…sweet smile.

“Nevertheless I know what I’m doing.” He sort of huffed and there was that guy pout thin where he set his jaw and gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter. She found it hard not to laugh because Dorian’s ears flattened just a smidge like maybe six or seven degrees but it was noticeable…cute too.

“I’m sure that you do, you’re probably a whiz on the internet too.” She smiled at him and dug in the glove box.

“I’ll get us on the blasted internet as soon as I can find it.”

She had to bite her lip from laughing out loud. She was tempted to turn on the radio again, that had been fun since the last music he had heard was in the nineteen thirties just before they had captured him. She took out some gum and sniffed it. Stale she frowned and he smiled at her sweetly he did that too from time to time and it gave her these butterfly like feelings she had really yet to address.

His finger reached out and touched the stick of Juicy Fruit and it bloomed into this fresh out of the factory smell. She put it in her mouth and chewed politely and smiled when she looked at him.

There were some really good points about Dorian Grey. Handsome, long wavy dark hair that was as shiny dark as any Oriental or Native American, he was pale but handsomely so in the way she figured some of the guys were in those romance vampire novels. Steely grey eyes that were big and breathtaking lined by these to die for lashes.

It was so strange they ended up together. Him a stranded elf on earth Allah/God knows how long and herself an angel reborn to earth. She was still struggling with that idea.

Still in the last twenty four hours he’d been more caring and mannerly and considerate than any man she’d even really heard of. A gallant product of a different age and culture altogether.

Dorian ground the gears again. To a kid from where she was from to treat a mustang like that was nearly criminal. She cringed at the sound. “Please Dorian it’d be easier on all three of us if you just pulled over and let me drive.”

He looked at her and it was that guy prideful look and there was this ratchetey sound and a thud? He pulled the car over to the side of the road. Shadira turned in the seat to see the transmission for the mustang sitting several hundred feet behind them now.

She slowly turned and stared at him.

Dorian looked back…..Blink, blink, blink…innocent smile. “Well we’re pulled over.”

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

time

Yay... I guess the time inprisoned didn't do well for dorians capabilities as a driver :D

Thank you for writing this funny story.

*hugs*
Beyogi

Glad to provide some smiles:)

I don't usually write short stories but the idea just stuck in my head and I'm so glad you liked it and commented Beyogi.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

well he may be any elf...

but he is still the stereotypical guy.
very funny, will he try to shoot the car now?

No, Dorian does have more sense

than the average human male but he's definitely still a male. I'm glad it was fun.
Thanks for reading and commenting LoneWolf:)
*Hugs and howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

What!

No roll of the eyes and an exasperated exclamation, "Men!"? LOL Thanks for the laugh Bailey. So very nice to see a 'Blast from the Past' moment. :)
Hugs
Grover

I'm sure that it happened after.

But I thought that was a perfect spot to end with him trying to be a smart ass.
Thanks so much Grover, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Heh. Hah.

Bwahahahahaha! Boys and their toys! :D

Just remember, the Code of Guy also has a particular response for the female of the species acting up. We just need the situation to be right and lo! ;P

Not that it's going to help Dorian any, he's in for a scolding now. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Thanks so much Faraway;)

It was just a little short blurb kind of thing to get through the spaces before getting back to Raine and Stevie and the others. I was hoping peopled find it funny. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers