Nothing Stranger Than Life

Printer-friendly version

Hi again! I have not written anything in a long time. I hope you enjoy this. The story is strictly from my own mind, for better or worse, but a lot of the basic beginning theme come from real life. How weird, huh? Don't forget to comment and expect regular episodes often!

Chapter 1

As the natural chatter and natter of the conversations encompassed and enveloped me, a sensation of serenity and calm slowly began to seep into my being. Several of those surrounding me attempted to include me in the multicourse dialog that flowed and eddied dynamically and fluidly among the nine other women present. However, to be honest, I was a bit overwhelmed and I am sure that I blushed a bit as I stammered and tried to find a point where I could fit into the river of words that washed around me.

“Girls, girls, girls!” rang out a clear, bubbly voice (but one that was obviously used to being not only heard, but followed) belonging to my friend Robbie. “Dee is new among us and you will just have to give her a chance to get use to the group! She already looks overwhelmed and confused! Dee, honey, are you ok, sister?

There it was: “sister”. And, remarkably, not a single member of the group seemed to act or think like the idea was ludicrous. In fact, they all seemed, if not overjoyed, at least happy to have me present.

I guess you would be wondering, about now, why all of this seems strange to me? Well, after you get just a bit more of the setting, maybe it will seem strange to you, too. You see, genetically, I'm male. I've even fathered a son. However, there is no man living between my ears. The person up there is all woman. A really weird, messed up, strange woman, but a woman. On the other hand, all my friends, and even people who have just met me assure me that I am sweet, considerate, intelligent, and just plain handy to have around. For personal reasons, I can not even live as a woman. I love my son. I don't want to be separated from him or bring him any pain that I can prevent. So, I live as, well... kind of a... errr.... enigma. I have long, pretty hair that has been (and still is, at times) various colors. I keep my eyebrows waxed to a nice, feminine shape. I have small-but-definite breasts from the several years I was secretly on estrogen. I am a world-class man-basher, though out of courtesy, I usually keep that to myself.

NOTE: let me clear this up for you now. I don't like men. In a very very general sense, I hate men. I also hate me, but I'm funny that way. I don't hate any one man, not in particular. I just hate them all. The only specific person I actually hate is me. If this confuses you, think of if you hated a particular sports team but only because they were from a town you did not like and you actually respected the individual team members. If you do not get this, do not worry about it, it is no big deal. Also, I am not attracted to men. No, not even a little. No, I am not even curious even in the tiniest amount. Now, back to the story...

So, while I don't hide my genetic disharmony, I'm being treated as a “sister” by this group of women. Now, here is part 2 of why this might seem strange: I am a sister to a coven of witches. They actually consider me a witch, too. I don't know if I am or not. I do some things that are... well... different... like massaging womens' wrists and removing menstrual cramps, massaging an elbow and taking away headaches, touching other points and diagnosing various ailments that I shouldn't have known about, much less been able to address. Personally, I consider myself more an empathic healer than a witch, but they all seem confidant that I am “one of” them. Actually, that is fine with me! These are all great, caring, wonderful individuals and I am happy to be involved with and accepted by them. In fact, I am hoping that their combined wisdom and experience will help me become a better healer and more in tune and in touch with my own body and what other talents and abilities I might have

Lately, I have been trying to expand my awareness and senses to be able to detect lifeforms, mainly humans, at a distance and around or behind objects and barriers so that I will know if someone is in a room before I enter it, for example. I don't know if I'll ever actually come to that level of talent, but it is fun to try! If I do, then I want to then move on to trying to determine what kind of life form, how large, how many, is it someone/something familiar to me, etc. If I can learn techniques such as these, this group will be a goldmine for me. Not to mention it is nice to be accepted as who I feel I really am! Speaking of which.... time to get back to the meeting!

“Robbie dollin, this might be the most interesting meeting I have ever attended!” This is met with a group giggle. “Anyway, I've never been to anything even remotely like this, so y'all will have to kind of be tolerant of me and let me know what is expected of me, ok?”

Again, there is a group giggle. “Dee, we rarely do anything.... 'mystical'. That's mostly just in paperbacks and bad movies. We mainly meet for the friendship and support. Sometimes we will involve the arts, but it is amazing what you will learn just having coffee and talking about soap operas. Really, being good friends and being comfortable with each other is so important. When we do use any power, the more we are in tune, the better things will work and the easier it will be for us all. So, for now, just get to know the other girls and relax and have fun!”

Well, I had been expecting all kinds of things! Seances or spells or pentacles or hexes or grimoires or... I don't know... witch stuff! However, the comfort and familiarity things made a lot of sense when you thought about it, so I set to doing as directed: getting to know my fellow witches.

As it turned out, 3 of the other girls were experiencing cramps from either their periods, or the PMS before. I demonstrated my empathic healing talent and was a 100% success! I also asked the 2nd girl about several things in her left leg and found out that she'd recently had a horse back riding accident and she'd been having some mild pain since recovering. I worked on her leg, too.

The girls were all amazed except for Robbie and Carrie, who had both experienced my talents first hand. They all clamored to know what else I could do. I pretty much just shrugged and told them it was no big deal, just a bit of power management. That meant I had to explain that I could sense power centers under the skin of most people in certain places and that by managing the power and tuning it, I could make people better, including removing pain and seeing what was wrong in other parts of their bodies. A great deal of it was unconscious. Or maybe it was subconscious. Yes, I think that is far more accurate. I simply did what felt right. I think it worked because everyones' bodies knew what was wrong with them. From there, it would seem my body, or more probably, my essence, would communicate on some arcane level and either do some kind of healing (repairs?) directly, or lead the subject body in it's own efforts.

I guess how it happens is less important than it really happens. I rarely meet anyone who is not skeptical, at least at first. Some people are always skeptical, even after being on the receiving end of the therapy (after all, can you think of a better word?). It works anyway. Usually. Some people are so in love with being sick or ill or just plain “messed up” that they don't want to relinquish their source of displeasure. After all, if they couldn't gripe, what would they have worth saying? It's really sad, but as nearly as I can determine, it's true. And, while belief isn't necessary for the techniques to work, I can't fix what you won't let me. Kind of reminiscent of the old joke: “how many psychs does it take to change a light bulb? Just one, but it has to want to be changed”. Corny but telling. I run into people like that occasionally but I can usually distract them to the point they release their angry or whatever other malevolent emotions they have going that are blocking me.

I can see, even read, auras, sometimes. This is not unusual, I don't think. I am pretty sure anyone who describes themselves as “a good judge of character” as being able to detect auras on some level. However unconscious or subconscious a level upon which it might be happening, I feel quite strongly that something of this nature is the answer. Sometimes I'll see the problems in peoples' bodies as part of their auras. I can do this way easier with people I am familiar and comfortable.

I am definitely empathic, meaning I can detect emotions, even when being hidden from those near me. Some people have natural shields. Others hide better than others. Some just don't have strong enough characters or minds to project. When I am very familiar with certain people, I can read them more correctly and from farther and farther away. With family members, I am even, rarely telepathic. That is really scary. I am glad it doesn't seem to work the other way!

Still, all these talents (gifts? Abilities? Powers? Whatever!) seem to be more psionic to me than magical. Mental, not arcane. But who knows? I have sisters! I am going to leave it at that. I am happy that way and don't intend to change the situation, if I can help it.

Robbie and Carrie are completely convinced that I am magical and that what I do is magical. Cool! The other sisters accept what they say and accept me on what they say.

Meanwhile... the meeting this week is basically me doing my special massages, doing readings, and all of us having refreshments and chatting and just getting comfortable with each other, as these meetings are a new thing for all of us.

Robbie has been around the craft a long time. Carrie is a dynastic priestess. Some of the others have some heritage going on, too. Me? I not only am a male, I have no idea about my magical heritage. On the other hand, I do have a strong Celtic vein in my mother's lineage. As for my dad... who can know? [insert eloquent shrug HERE].

Something I don't understand, can magic be learned? Or is it a trait that must be part of you from birth? Is what I do truly magical? Is it truly mental/psionic? Can I learn to do more as an extension of what I am already doing? I've heard that certain types of magic users are more powerful in the presence of other users of like nature. I am kind of wondering if this will spark me find more about myself.

Oh well, this is the stuff of life

Chapter 2

At work a few days later, as I head back to my particular part of the salt mines, I run across Robbie as she is marshaling her subordinates. Slipping up beside her, I greet her warmly and even get a little hug, which not the norm where I work, though a great many of the women hug me openly in defiance of company policy and basically dare anyone to call them on it. “Hey there honey!” she exclaims, “that meeting was sooooo far beyond anything I could have hoped for and you are the entire reason! You are so fabulous I don't even have words!”

I used both hands to lift my jaw and close my mouth. “Me? Pfffft, what ever do you mean? I rubbed a few backs, massaged a few pairs of shoulders, and drank all your Mountain Dew. How the fudge bunnies does that make a fat ugly freak like me 'fabulous'?”

Robbie  ½ stared and  ½ glared at me open mouthed. “I'd slap you silly but I just realized that you are serious. You are, aren't you? You are completely serious and don't have a clue and you meant every word of that question, didn't you?”

Blinking, I answered “Of course. You know me well enough to realize that I'm about as bluntly honest, about me anyway, as is humanly possible. Or in my case, freakly possible.” I dodged as she half heartedly slapped at me for self-disparaging remark.

“You are so amazing and so clueless all at once. I don't know what I am going to do with you!” Her frustration was both real and obvious. “You are sweet beyond words, you bring humor to everything you do and to everyone you meet, you actually care about people, you are insanely smart, you are more talented that any one person deserves to be what with your powers and your cooking and your poetry. God girl, you can shop like no one I've ever seen! You can find the least little bit of nothing and put it with 3 or 4 other nothings and spend nothing and have an outfit that looks like it came out of a magazine. You charmed those women in that meeting and they could see that you are a woman and a sister and that you deserved to be there! Several of my more sensitive members told me they could feel the power in you. They were impressed and believe that you will bring the group to new heights, if not to great things. And, if you ever call yourself a fat ugly freak again, we are all going to hold you down and remove every single body hair from your body 1 hair at a time with dull tweezers.”

Realizing she was being 100% truthful, I blanched. “That doesn't sound very pleasant.”

Arching one eyebrow at me, she responded with “Don't make me show you, girlfriend.”

“Umm, I'll make it a point to make sure that you don't hear me say it again”

“I'll know if you say it and, if you do, you'll know that you wished you hadn't!”

“Umm, right. When is the next meeting?”

“I'm thinking the 21st is good.”

Flipping open my cell phone and checking how that fell, I counted. “That should work for me but you know I have brain damage. You should remind me a few more times if you really want me to show up”, I giggled.

Robbie playfully swatted at me and said “Get outta here! Ok, I'll be sure to remind you because we certainly want you to be there!”

Chapter 3

Though the meeting was days and days away, the weeks passed quickly. I was looking forward to it with fervor and wondered if it would go as swimmingly as before. I had high hopes and could barely contain myself as the time passed.

Finally, the appointed day came and I arrived early and helped Robbie set up. My adoptive sister Carrie arrived almost as I did, and helped, too, after we hugged, so we were done in short order. Robbie had set up the chairs in an odd geometric pattern. As the other girls arrived, she sat them in a specific order. As Carrie and I are passed out refreshments and maked sure everyone felt comfortable, we were the last to sit, besides Robbie.

Robbie, Carrie, and I were pretty much equidistant from each other, on the outer points of the pattern. She had us all use the same mantra and guided us into synchronized meditation to try and link our powers. The apparent power was enough to raise the hair on my neck and arms, but through a supreme effort, I maintained my focus and concentration and stayed synchronized. After a few minutes she broke the mantra and we all surfaced to our normal thoughts and a surprised murmur broke out among those present. Evidently, I was not the only one that sensed the power.

Catching Robbie's eye, I used body language and facial expressions to signal and she nodded me over to her. We slipped into a handy corner and had a quick whispered conversation. She nodded to my suggestions and we sat back down. She admonished everyone to try to reattain the previous state, but this time, to picture all the power flowing into me and to picture me blossoming into my true self.

In a few minutes, through her careful direction, I could feel a tremendous influx of energy from the group. I struggled to get the proper mental images in place. Basically, I was picturing myself in the mirror going from my normal hairy male self to porcelain smooth. I was fairly sure I had a faithful image built of myself, in 3D, and I had modeled the finished image to be close to the original, but with smooth, fine, hairless skin. My skin had flushed very warm over much of my body, and my mind was quickly becoming leaden at the effort. I realized that I was drawing the group's energy at an alarming level and that I was taxing them as hard as myself.

With one final burst of will, I pictured myself as glowing perfection and break the mantra. Oddly, we broke in unison. As we all opened our eyes, I was scared to look at myself and to explore my sensations for fear of failure.

“GAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDD! That was intense!” Robbie was obviously pumped at the prospects. She rushed over to me, though I have no idea where she was getting the energy because I felt so drained from the efforts we had just put forth. “Girlfriend, get up and let me look at you!”

With only a small groan, I complied, and her mouth droped open. The other women gathered around and I suddenly wondered if I was in the middle of a fish convention. “What? Why are y'all all staring at me with your mouths open like that?”

Finally Carrie was able to respond and she simply took my hand and pulled me to a nearby full-body mirror and just pointed at my reflection. I did not understand at first, because I look liked me. Except... I didn't. There was something that was at once both subtly different and yet the same. My face was softer, radiant. My skin was much finer and felt great, both being touched and to the touch. I unbuttoned my shirt to see that I had fledgling breasts, not just man-boobs. I realized that while the overall size of my breasts has remained unchanged, my nipples were much improved. Oops. I guess I carried the visualization on more vividly that I had intended.

Robbie was jubilant and more. I was just tired to the point I could barely stand. Some of the other women were mildly tired, only a few and those the ones that had been closest to me. I realized they had supplied the energy but I had still done all the work.

“Girlfriend, that was the MOST amazing display of power I have seen in my entire life! I KNEW you had it in you! Not only that, you look so good! What are you going to do next? I can't wait to see!”

I was pretty sure the fact that one of my eyebrows was touching the ceiling despite the fact that I was sitting is what got her attention.

“What?!?”

“Do you have any idea how drained that left me? I am so tired I can barely breathe!”

“Hmmm. I had not considered that. Maybe we can work on something else next meeting.”

“Great idea, dollin. Now, help me to my car.”

Chapter 4

I was working under the assumption that the activities in which I had been participating, though I had used the other girls as a pool of power, had drawn a great deal from me, either directly, or because I had been managing so much energy, indirectly. It dawned on me it might even be a combination of the two. Still, I felt it was just the effort of managing that much power that had exhausted me. It had taken Robbie, Carrie, and several more of the group to get me into my car.

They were actually worried for me to drive home, alone. I wasn't worried about getting home. I was worried about getting from the car to my nice comfy chair once I got home. Somehow I made it. I guess I had time to rebuild a bit of energy during the drive, though it was only a bit over half an hour.

I tottered inside and managed to get to my recliner, even snagging a large glass of juice on the way by the fridge. I don't remember finishing the juice, but I woke up later in the recliner and the glass was empty and none seemed to have been spilled. By then I was ravenous and went and practically cleaned out the refrigerator.

After finally getting enough groceries stuffed down my neck, an arduous task, I felt kind of icky. I started to go shower, shedding clothes and collecting them to put in the hamper. As I cranked on the hot water I realized, again, that my body had changed. And when I got into the spray of water, I realized how much. BLARG! That was hot! I am sure I hopped flat footed over the side of the tub which is a good trick for a person as fat as me to do without preparing, first. I made the water warm instead of hot and tried it again. MUCH better. Washing my new, smooth, hairless skin was so much nicer and felt so much more right than it had before. It was really weird when I got to my nipples, but I tried not to dwell on that right then, as the point was to get clean and feeling good. I finished by shampooing and conditioning my hair, which was also weird, because I used to shave my face while I was letting the conditioner sit. I guess that won't be a problem anymore!

Getting out, I realized I had been asleep for 3 hours and it was now early evening. After putting in some laundry, I found my son and checked on him. He was, as usual, watching TV and playing on the internet.

About then, the spousal unit came in, demanding that I go get her food. Sighing, I made a run to Taco Bell and got enough Crunchy Taco Supremes to feed a small army. The Taco Bell was so close and I managed to hit as the line was clear, and the entire trip only took a few minutes. She noticed after 20 minutes that I looked different. (DUH!) She was not really sure why. (SHEESH!) “What have you done to yourself?!?” Ut oh, she was apparently livid and I was too tired to do much running or dodging. My brain was up to speed, though, because I shifted out of the console loveseat just before she grabbed for me. “COME HERE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOURSELF!” Blarg no! I gathered up the Taco Bell trash and carried it to the kitchen and got myself some orange juice after depositing the trash in the garbage can.

I had a sudden... well, premonition and went back to the living room and gathered up my laptop and packed it in the backpack I used to carry it, along with its various accessories and grabbed my keys.

“Where do you think you are going?!?” she demanded.

“I don't remember but I'll call you when I do.” I replied as I scooped up my cell phone.

“I'm not done talking to you! Come here!”.

“Yes, dear,” I called, as I gently closed the back door. I back the car out of the drive way and drove around behind the house just out of sight of the back door and hooked up my laptop to the cigarette lighter power inverter and connected to the household wireless LAN. I played on the net until after midnight and then pulled back in and went to bed in my bedroom in peace. I knew it would all start over in the morning, but I was hoping a good night's sleep would dull her anger a bit. It usually did.

Chapter 5
That “most amazing display of power” that had so enthused Robbie did not go unnoticed. Quite a few individuals noticed, in fact. Had I known about some of them, I would have been more that a bit miffed. After all, it was just supposed to be a harmless training exercise.

The US Department of Homeland Security would have been very, very upset, had they realized that what they were worried was the single largest internal threat to America was merely a “training exercise”. They were worried that it was a blatant warning that a major arcane power was about to be released for no good.

A group of guardian shamans was also very concerned. They, however, had sensed there was no evil intent in the power manifestation. On the other hand, they had also sensed a lack of fine control and how close that river of power had been to escaping and running amok.

A husband/wife team of wizard and witch had been tuned in to a ley line that ran near Robbie's house and had also sensed the river of power. Being basic crooks and thieves without much power of their own, they wanted what they smelled.

A group of psychics in Russia had felt some disturbance but were unsure what had caused it and decided that that much power should be in the hands of Russia, maybe allowing the Motherland a chance to recoup some of its lost power and influence.

An ancient Chinese mystic in a hidden dell near the Yangtze River had sensed the same disturbance. He had some idea of how it was generated and felt that such a group of mystics deserved the guiding hand of his wisdom, and if they were properly respectful, maybe even he would even deign to become their divine Emperor.

And finally, another group had sensed the small coven: a group therapy session in Spokane, Washington went totally out of control and the moderator was later found tied up with bedsheets and stuffed in a closet. The administration was still not sure how 11 addled inmates of a state mental institution managed to escape so quickly, quietly, and efficiently. The fact that Fargo was leading them caused no small amount of worry.

Chapter 6

Ignorance is bliss. Fortunately, I was also ignorant of the fact that I naturally shield myself psychically. I guess it is an natural ability as part of being empathic. None of those seeking me were sure of my location any closer than somewhere in the general US. I was safe. Until the next time I used a large burst of power in an unshielded fashion. The problem is that using that much power is like a beacon. You can shield a beacon but it takes preparation and you have to be careful to not catch the shield itself on fire from the heat of the beacon. I, and the other sisters, was safe for a while, but I didn't even realize the danger to come.

Meanwhile, I was loving the new me. My metabolism had been greatly increased due to my recent escapades and not only did I have a subtle new look, but I was also loosing some much hated blubber and I was loving it. I was not sure, but I even suspected my new boobies were growing. Or maybe they were just becoming more apparent as my tubby tummy was shrinking. Either way, I was a happy, happy girl! Well, almost! People were now assuming I was a woman, thanks to my already feminine presentation that was now heightened by more feminine features.

Of course the spousal unit was fit to be tied. Somehow, though, when I looked her in the eye, and thought my most calming, soothing thoughts, and pictured myself massaging her body, somewhat erotically, at that, she became all flustered and lost her train of thought and eventually gave up trying to be mad at me. A couple of times, we even ended up living out my thoughts. It was kind of interesting! Still, I had hated sex long enough that the novelty of that wore off quickly and I mainly used that as a defense more than a pastime.

The right wingers at work were also fretting, but they could not really say anything. I was still, ostensibly, using the male dress code, curse them all for the discrimination and bias, but now it was not doing them any good, I was still being addressed as “ma'am” and “miss” and all they could do was fume. I was finally getting to enjoy myself!

My sisters were all ecstatic, too. We had another meeting, but I waved off any ideas of trying to use any more power than what I needed for massage and touch therapy. Oddly, I was much more powerful at this, now that I had changed. No one was really sure why, but the women who came to the meeting with cramps were certainly grateful! There was also one woman who had twisted an ankle that morning. Somehow, I could see the damaged tissue. I had done that before, but it had always been ghostly and insubstantial and I had assumed it was mostly knowledge of anatomy and wishful thinking. Now it was almost as real as looking at the ankle itself. I knew what needed doing instinctively and could literally see the tissues as they were maneuvered back into place and gently tended, easing the swelling and speeding the healing so that days worth of recovery were packed into a few minutes. She wasn't perfect when I finished, but she was almost pain free and barely limped where she had been forced to come in using crutches. I realized my empathic healing skills had been greatly advanced.

Because all of these functions were performed empathically, and I had a natural shield on my psionic actions, I went undiscovered this time. In fact, the forces seeking us still had no idea where to begin searching.

Word begin to spread locally, though, that for many healing needs, I could help quietly. I managed to keep it just among the family of the sisters, at first, but people being people that didn't last for long.

I was approached by a news investigator of one of the local TV stations and I laughed it off successfully, thanks to their natural skepticism. At that point, I quit doing any healings except for the sisters themselves and for my immediate family. It grieved me that I could help people but didn't dare to do it because of fear of retribution for helping people but I felt in the long run, I had to stay below the radar.

Chapter 7

Homeland Security thought a lot of itself. It thought that it was the only power in America capable of saving America. Including from itself. I'm sorry, but that was not only rude and arrogant, that was just asinine. On the other hand, DHS also does not hesitate to be very serious about its concerns. They had stationed sensitives in all 50 states, and in the larger states, like Texas and California, there were sensitives in the two or three largest cities. They were hoping to at least get a sense of which direction to start looking, because as of right then, they were pretty much clueless. They didn't like that at all. They were the only group seeking us that actually had a decent amount of resources and manpower.

While DHS had plenty of manpower, they didn't have much in the way of actual talent, at least for this kind of activity. The Guardian Shamans were only a few men and their wives, but they had a tremendous amount of talent and practice and lore to guide them. They were all in South Dakota, so they didn't have the chance to triangulate, as DHS hoped to do. What they did have was the best idea of who and what they were seeking and how best to get started. They simply all took a vacation to Oklahoma, which was almost due south of where they had started, and they just started fishing until such time as the next power burst occurred.

The husband and wife team were truly looking for a needle in a haystack. They didn't have any extra manpower. They didn't have any real experience. They didn't even have much talent (except for cheating people at every opportunity!). What they did have, however, were some old tomes on magic and some favors people owed them for pasty misdeeds performed. By researching every possible minute in every volume they could find about detection, they were hoping to find us by some obscure and arcane spell.

The team of Russian psychics was dubious they could do anything to find us at all, but felt their sense of patriotism to Mother Russia required them to at least try. They decided to schedule a 20 city tour through the US to prospect for further knowledge of us and our whereabouts.

The Chinese mystic had found a traditional Shao Lin enclave near Kansas City, MO and was making arrangements to fly there. He was going to be trading pretty much on the veneration given to the aged in his Asian culture, his accumulated wisdom and experience, and make up any deficienty with pure, unadulterated BS. He preferred to think of it as bluffing, but then, I'm from Texas and I'm the one writing this story!

Our friends from the mental institution in Washington state had no plan. They practically had no goal. However, this completely was not interfering with them having fun! Their leader, an interesting individual of small stature, respectable intellect, and completely androgynous appearance, was simply enjoying not having to take medication everyday, not having to endure the criminally tasteless food, or overhearing the guards, errrr... attendants of the institution placing bets on if Fargo was male or female, or maybe a hermaphrodite. Fargo was never known to use any feminine wiles or male charm and had somehow wrangled legal orders that only Fargo's physician was to examine her (him?) and that he (she?) was to be allowed lockable, unmonitored access to a private bathing facility. The orders had been challenged over and over, but they came down from very high indeed and there was no real chance of anything changing. Fargo did not really associate with anyone, inmate or guard or therapist or administrator and so no one really knew his or her gender. Fargo was happy that was and was giving no clues. Fargo had already lead the group from Washington pretty much in a direct line to somewhere near Denver, using hitched rides, foot power, and, once, a stolen garbage truck. Since then, Fargo had been careful to not let Joshua drive. The lack of plan suited Fargo just fine. Sooner or later the source of that power would flare again and maybe be close enough to find.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another wild ride

... on the D.D. train.

This looks like a fine beginning to a tale of indeterminate length, written in your literate, inimitable style. While I wince a tad at one or two of your views, I am able, nonetheless, to put them aside because I like the main character: you've made her(?) understandable and appealing. I'm glad to see that the spousal unit is back and as sympathetic as ever. That one is a foil to play off of all day. ;)

This could go so many ways that it's useless to speculate, so I'll kick back and wait for more. Nice to see you writing again, D.D.

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

Views, units, and speculations....

Let me clear this up for you... I am writing this one STRICTLY for the fun of it. I have some wicked wicked ideas and I am hoping they will be well received but I can guarantee at least one person will enjoy the blarg out of this tale: ME!

I am hoping the train ride will get us all to the same destination: unadulterated enjoyment.

I know I'm an acquired taste, but then so goes life.

Thanks for the feedback

DD

Whee!

What a trip DD! Our dear ant-eater had the right of it. Some of the transitions were a bit rough, but I was so eager to continue the ride I didn't notice much. What a fun, fun tale!
Hugs
grover

Thanks!

I kind of have a rough view in mind, for now, that the story, if I could distill its concept into a shape, is that of a funnel. The trip is sluicing in a whirlpool down ever faster and to a common point, but the ride is just really starting [giggle].

I have great plans (maybe I should say intentions, for I am hoping this story finds its own life like so many of my past literary projects have) for this story and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Thanks EVERYONE for the feedback and interest. Please, let me know what you think, for while it may not show in *this* story, it will be taken to heart in any future ones

Thanks again,

DD