Alternative Release - 5

Printer-friendly version
Alternative Release Chapter 5
By Kerry Brown

Sorry for the delay - family illness


Kerry and the girls go out, but what happens before then makes Kerry think about the future.
Jo becomes more than a colleague.

The time for getting dressed approached so just after six Kerry got up and went into the bedroom, she went to her lingerie drawer and pulled out her favorite corset, it was white silk with six garter straps and a lace to pull in the waistline. Kerry had just taken off her jeans and top when Jo came in and saw her holding the corset up “wow that’s really sexy looking but what’s it like to wear?” asked Jo. “It takes some getting used to but feels fantastically feminine” Kerry told her, “would you like to try one on, I have a spare one that should fit you?” asked Kerry.

Jo thought about it for a second or may be less “only if you are sure, what else do I need to wear with it?” she asked Kerry. “Absolutely nothing, I have the pants and stockings to go with it and your gown goes over the top”

Kerry was saying as Jo started stripping off her clothes, any thought of undressing in front of a male workmate didn’t come up, “this is like having an older sister and playing dress up” Jo told Kerry. “Great I love playing dress up but less of the old sister please” Kerry said happy to have found a friend like Jo. Kerry handed Jo a pair of royal blue silk knickers and told her to put them on and take her bra off, Jo did it in her own order and stood there naked as Kerry returned with the dark blue corset. Jo let out a squeal as she saw the corset “that is so sexy how come you have all the nice things” she said as she took hold of the corset not concerned that she had nothing on.

“Jo, Paul may be dead but he’s not buried yet, could you at least put your pants on” Kerry asked politely, “why, does my body do things for you?” Jo teased. Jo stepped up to Kerry and went to put her arms around her neck, “Jo, please don’t” Kerry asked very seriously. Jo saw that she had just stepped over the line and backed up quickly “sorry I shouldn’t have done that to you” Jo said and grabbed the pants. Kerry handed her the corset and told her to put it around her body but just below her bust, then turn around so Kerry could lace it up. The mood had changed significantly between them and Jo felt bad teasing Kerry after she had been so kind to her.

“Can we stop for a minute, I need to make this right” Jo said “I was stupid and you have been so good to me, can you forgive me?” Jo asked. Kerry saw Jo’s eyes getting wet, she hugged Jo and let her stand there until she stopped crying then wiped her eyes for her, “don’t be silly, now you are being more like a sister” said Kerry.

“Sometimes I just don’t know when to stop though, so you’ll have to tell me when I get silly OK?” said Jo, “deal, now lets get some clothes on you, sis” said Kerry. Kerry laced up the corset and told Jo to breath in as the lace was tightened, it took the smile off her face as Kerry pulled it tight then did the entire run again even tighter. “Now take little shallow breaths and it will get easier” Kerry told her seeing the look of pain on Jo’s face. Jo looked into the mirror and saw the effect it had on her waistline, “wow, look at my shape” she said “I wish it was that easy every day without the pain.”

Kerry slipped off her bra and stepped into her corset, she lifted her new pert breasts into the open cups where they sat and rested with the nipples pointing through the silk edging. Kerry started to do the lacing herself, “hang on why should you get out without any pain” Jo said and reached for the lace, she untied the lace and then started at the top and made it tight. A second run and Jo was amazed that Kerry had no trouble with the tightness, “how often do you wear this?” Jo asked, “almost every time I go out somewhere special” Kerry said.

Kerry handed Jo a pair of grey silk topped stockings with seams up the back and told her how to pull them up, she sat on the bed rolled them up and pulled them up her legs. “Let me clip them on for you” Kerry said bending down, Jo felt her hands touch the inside of her legs and hold the stockings as she clipped on the clasps. Without thinking, Kerry smoothed out the stockings by running her hands upwards, and then did the second leg. Jo was trying really hard not to react and upset Kerry again but she couldn’t help, “If you do that again I will attack you even if Paul is dead.” “Sorry, I didn’t mean to do anything, really” said Kerry looking up at Jo’s face as she finished.

“There you are and the best part is no one will know unless you tell them.” Kerry picked up a pair of white silk stockings with small rhinestones on the ankle and an embossed pattern up the leg, she rolled them up and gently pulled them up her legs. “My turn, let me clip you up” Jo said and bent down to take the clasps, Jo ran her hand up Kerry’s leg and smoothed them out before clipping each clasp one at a time. She moved to the second leg and saw Kerry shudder as she smoothed out the top of the stockings and clipped up the clasps.

When she stood up they were face to face each wearing corsets and stockings, Kerry just a few inches taller but they both looked every part like women set on having a good night out. Kerry leaned forward as Jo came up and bent her head to kiss Jo, “are you sure you want to do this?” Jo asked. Too late, Kerry quickly kissed her and then turned and walked away, “I guess not, just paying you back little one” Kerry said.

Just before seven they were both dressed in their gowns, new bling, new shoes and standing in the lounge having a drink waiting for the other girls to arrive, the limo pulled up right on seven. “Ok girl lets go, this is one night you are going to enjoy” said Jo grabbing her bag, Kerry picked up her clutch purse and locked the unit. The limo had Sue and Gwen from work as well as Jill from the salon sitting inside, Tanya couldn’t make it but Jill said she would love to come along when we had our hair done.

“How did you organize the car so quickly?” asked Kerry, “My brother is the driver for the company and had jobs booked for six and one at eight so lets get moving” said Gwen. “We are taking you to the Old Her Majesty Theatre to see ‘Annie Get Your Gun’ and we can sing along” said Sue. Sue had found a gala night with spare tickets, Gwen had tracked down a car and a place to eat, Jill brought along the drinks and Jo had organized it all by SMS from her mobile.

“Look at you, I love the bling” said Sue talking to Kerry, “and you have on your finest as well dear” she said to Jo. The two girls just looked at each other and smiled, Jo felt like she was being pampered by Kerry her oldest sister. “You will never guess what we both have on?” said Jo, “so much for not telling anyone big mouth” chipped in Kerry. “Give up, OK I’ll tell you” Jo said not giving them any time to think, “Kerry leant me one of her corsets and stockings just for the night.” “I thought you had lost a bit of your weight” chuckled Gwen, “you really should try one on, it’s so sexy it may even help your sex life Gwen” she threw back at Gwen. “Okay kittens here’s to a good night out” Sue said handing out the glasses of champagne, “to sisterhood” said Jo and they tapped their glasses.

The Limo took off and headed along the river and up into Kings Park, the traditional Limo path to anywhere, Darryl stopped the car and the girls poured out with glasses in hand to look at the lights of the city. While it was only seven at night it was already getting dark since daylight saving had not been a part of life in the city, something about “WA standing for Waiting Awhile.” They stood there in all of their finery, Kerry and Jo stood at one end and Jo slipped her arm through Kerry’s “thank you for all you did today, I love the jewels” and gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

Darryl called them back inside, he had a timetable to meet and they were just out for fun, the car was so big they could have fitted another three people inside with no trouble. The car slowly drove around the edge of the park as other cars made their way in, the annual school ball season was in full flight and young girls in pretty gowns were everywhere. Sue had chosen the performance and loved the idea of getting all dressed up for the show at the theatre as it had so much style about it and being dropped off at the door would be so cool. The Limo approached the theatre and Darryl slowed down as a line of cars were pulling up at the doors.

“When we get there don’t all jump out, let me open the door for you and try to be ladies” he said. “I’ve been trying to be a lady for forty years, and I’m still trying” said Kerry, the girls laughed but Darryl didn’t have the faintest idea what the joke was. He stopped the car right out front and put his cap on properly as he walked around to the passenger side door, “Ladies, have a great night and I will be back thirty minutes after you call me.” They slid across the leather seats and one by one they emerged into the well lit foyer of the theatre, Kerry followed up at the rear as Darryl drove away for his next booking. Sue produced her ID and came back with the tickets.

“Lets enjoy a cocktail before the show, we have about twenty five minutes. They sat in the cocktail lounge and slowly drank the variety of drinks, which they shared with each other, Jo told them about the shopping, Kerry’s “retail genes” and the makeover at Jill’s place, they chatted about work and kids, lovers and “the change” until the bell rang for five minutes.

The show was fantastic, the audience was told to sing along if they knew the words and from the sound of it many only thought they knew the words. The costumes looked very good and the square dance scene gave Sue another idea for a night out, at intermission some of the girls went off to the ladies room while Kerry enjoyed looking around the theatre. The building was early 1900’s and as she walked around with a glass of wine in her hands she could imagine the beauty of the era, the long ball gowns, the gloves and tiny figures.

She was in a photo display area when a gentleman came up and asked her how she liked the display, “It must have been grand to live in the early years, the beauty and all” she said. “I am sure you would have fitted in very well, by the way, my name is Malcolm I prepared many of the photos you can see” he said in a very charming manner. They talked for a few minutes and then he moved on to other guests, “who was that?” asked Sue as she found Kerry. “Just a nice person that was talking about the photo display” Kerry told her, “and no I wasn’t chatting him up.” The bell rang and they found their seats for the second half. The audience enjoyed the second half just as much and when the curtain came down they shouted for more, they did just two more songs and then called it a night, they had just done two full shows today as well as rehearsals.

As they left the theatre Kerry told them “I am hungry and need some food” although it was nearly ten the theatre was only a short walk away from to a good restaurant and Gwen had made bookings for their after cinema session. They walked along the road, crossed over and walked up the side street until they found the place, it had people everywhere but more were leaving than entering. The waiter checked his bookings sheet and raced off to clear the table, he returned promptly then escorted them to a table that was near the large open glass windows. Menus and water bottles came out as did the wine list and small bread rolls and butter, Gwen gabbed hers as soon as it hit the plate.

“Would madam like a second one?” asked the waiter, “sorry I have been drinking and if I don’t get some food into me I’ll make a fool of myself” Gwen told him, “we wouldn’t like to see madam make a fool of herself would we” he said smiling at her and putting another roll on her plate. They ordered food and more wine, Kerry sat there enjoying having the girls as friends and being able to relax with them all.

Over the two months none of them had made a single negative comment about her changes, she wondered what they really thought. Jo proposed a toast “to the new sister in the office, Kerry” and they all lifted their glasses towards her, Kerry sat and looked at each of them, they had all added to her life in some way, Jill worked with her appearance, Gwen with mature advice, Sue with clothes tips and mostly Jo by just being Jo and making things so much fun. “Thank you girls, I really love having so many sisters looking after me” she told them as her eyes got wet “don’t start that again, you know how it upsets makeup and Jill will get mad” Jo told her.

The food came out and the night wore on, Kerry still watched her weight while some of the others just cleared everything on the plates. Around eleven Gwen called Darryl and arranged to be picked up out front, he arrived close to eleven thirty and parked outside the entrance waiting for the girls. Kerry and Sue had gone to look after the bill but Kerry just told her to leave it to her as she had enjoyed the night so much.

“You can’t afford to pay for all of this, you’ve just got divorced” Sue said and then realized what she had said. “I’m so sorry Kerry I didn’t mean it like that” Sue said trying to explain, but digging a bigger hole, “use my credit card please” Kerry told the cashier. The others had got into the car and were waiting for them but Sue needed to sort out her mistake, “I know you didn’t mean it like that Sue” Kerry said “I just don’t want to see you get hurt any more” Sue said and went to hug Kerry. “Why don’t you come over for brunch in the morning and we can talk” Kerry offered and Sue accepted.

The Limo drove back and dropped Jo and Kerry off first then the others, Kerry blew kisses at them and helped Jo walk inside the unit. Jo collapsed on the couch as Kerry locked the doors, “you are not going anywhere young lady and if you are sick you can clean it up, I’ll be your older sister but I’m sure not going to be your mother” Kerry joked.

Somehow Jo got undressed and cleaned her face before crashing into the bed, Kerry went around and put her clothes in a neat pile, took back the corset and stockings cleaned her own face and hung up her new gown then climbed into bed next to Jo. It must have been lawnmowers or kids that finally woke her up, Jo stirred and rolled on her side to talk to Kerry who was sitting in bed with a glass of juice and a cup of tea reading a book.

“I never thought I would end up in bed with you when we met two years ago” Jo laughed, “and it definitely wasn’t on my agenda either” said Kerry. “Did you enjoy the night out I planned for you?” Jo asked Kerry, “loved it, every single bit of it, thanks sis” Kerry relied. “You seem to really enjoy calling me your little sister” Jo said wondering what was going on in Kerry’s head. “I do, and I can’t say why, I have a younger sister and we get on well but it is different with you, you make me feel alive” Kerry tried to say but found the words getting tangled. “What I mean is, you are fun to be with and make me feel so safe as well, like a good sister should” Kerry said happy to get her thoughts out. Jo moved over close to Kerry, “don’t start any more silly stuff either or I’ll throw you out without your clothes” Kerry said putting down her juice.

Jo tickled her and Kerry retaliated, soon the bedroom was a mess and the two girls lay on the bed laughing, a pillow had burst and foam had gone everywhere. It must have been residual behavior but Kerry found herself with an arm wrapped around Jo’s shoulder and Jo snuggled into her. The door bell rang and Kerry suddenly remembered what she had told Sue.

“Shit, It’s Sue come around for brunch” she said standing up and grabbing her silk dressing gown, “there’s another in my wardrobe for you” she said closing the bedroom door behind her. Sue came in and saw Kerry without much makeup on or her hair brushed, in fact it was very messy for someone that always looked so good at work. Sue had just put down her bag as Jo stepped out of the bedroom, “sorry, have I interrupted anything?” she asked slightly confused, “yes you did, have a look at Kerry’s messy room” Jo said choosing the path of least risk. Jo told her about the pillow fight and Kerry’s need for sisters that can fight back, Sue seemed to be happy with that story and chose to leave the single bedroom out of the equation.

Kerry made a quick check of the pantry for breakfast items, “Jo, go have your shower and you can clean up that mess please” she said sounding more like her mother. “Yes mum” Jo said and vanished into the bedroom, “are you sure you want me to stay?” asked Sue, “of course, I need to talk to you and Jo will be fine as long as I feed her” Kerry said going back to the cupboard for more things. Since the day Janet stayed over and Kerry had nothing for her to eat, Kerry had made sure there were always extras in the unit for friends that just drop in. Jo was in the shower and they could hear her singing.

“She sounds happy today what’s going on?” asked Sue, “absolutely nothing, I have just found a little sister that is fun to be with and I enjoy looking after her” Kerry said. “Now what is on your mind middle sister?” asked Kerry, Sue talked about seeing the changes in Kerry’s life and wanted to make sure she was managing financially and emotionally after the divorce. Kerry thought for a moment and then headed for the bedroom, she retuned wearing the necklace, earrings and the watch.

“I wouldn’t normally do this, but you saw me wearing these last night, I bought them during the day with Jo, remember?” she asked Sue. “You can’t tell anyone but how much do you think they cost and before you upset me look very closely at the real diamonds?” Kerry asked her, “I have no clue but since they are real diamonds and not CZ’s then I have to assume at least two grand” Sue said.

“Sue, you need to buy some nice jewelry for yourself as well” Kerry told her. “They were close to ten grand and if you say anything I’ll never talk to you again” Kerry said chuckling to herself. “Now, think about what I just said and ask yourself do I know something that you don’t?” Kerry asked her, “I have no money problems at all and I loved shopping yesterday, questions answered?”

Jo had finished in the shower and came out wearing her shorts and top with her necklace on as well, Sue saw the chain and looked at Kerry. “What would you like for breakfast Sue, pancakes, French toast or a nice big greasy fry up?” Kerry asked pushing along the conversation, “sorry no greasy anything in this house.” Jo went out to the back to dispose of the pillow foam.

“No, they were nothing like mine cost so don’t worry but she still loves them” Kerry told Sue to put her mind at rest. “No wonder she likes having you as her big sister” said Sue rather surprised at the cost still. Jo came back in and asked about French toast and what it contained, “eggs, milk, vanilla and you can have it with ice cream or berries or both if you have the space after last night” Kerry told her. “Sound’s fantastic, yes please” said Jo, “I bought a large uncut loaf yesterday as I thought you may end up staying overnight” Kerry said pulling it from the pantry.

Sue was told to crack the eggs into a bowl add the milk and whisk, while Jo cut large slices of bread and Kerry took some frozen berries from the freezer. Kerry found the vanilla pod, cut it open and extracted the small seeds, the eggs, milk and vanilla got blended until Kerry was happy then poured it into a large flat baking tray and let the bread soak in the mixture. The frying pan was hot and lightly oiled ready for the bread and mixture, the end result was served with berries and ice cream and a sifting of icing sugar for effect, “you can cook for me anytime” Sue told Kerry. They sat outside and ate the breakfast then polished off juice and coffee as the sun started to warm up.

“Did you have any plans for today or are you just going to sit around all day?” asked Sue, “well I have no plans but sitting around doesn’t sound too bad to me” replied Jo. “I have sat around for the last ten days waiting for the pain to stop and the bruising to vanish, so what are you thinking about Sue?” asked Kerry.

An hour later and the three girls were heading out to the Swan Valley wine district with a picnic hamper and plans to visit a few wineries. Sue used the map book and directed Kerry to one of the major wineries, Sandalfords where they tasted the local drop, several times. The tourist drive took them through the town and by two o’clock they had arrived at Houghtons, the winery had specials at the cellar door so between them they bought twelve bottles of Chenin Blanc and Cab Sav. The winery grounds were great and Kerry pulled out the picnic hamper and blanket, she laid out the food and bread. The three of them sat on the lawn and ate their lunch while the kids ran around playing cricket and parents drank some of the wine they had just bought.

“You know I am really enjoying our time together we should do this more often” Kerry told them both. The rest of the afternoon they talked and relaxed in the sunny picnic grounds until it was closing time then drove carefully home. When they had unpacked the car and put away the picnic set Sue said goodbye and left just Jo and Kerry sitting in the kitchen. “Jo, I’ve had so much fun this weekend thanks to you, first with Clive, then shopping and the theatre and today” Kerry said and hugged Jo. “You have given me something I have never had, a sister to play with, shop with and even tease, I should be thanking you” Jo told Kerry. As Jo went home Kerry knew she had not only crossed a line but had just changed the shape of her future.

Kerry returned to work the next day and after a week off she had to catch up with the state of all of her sales ready for the sales team meeting on Monday afternoon. The sales pipeline was looking very healthy and if it all came together the teams of implementers and trainers would have their work cut out for them over the next nine months. Bill had to catch up with Kerry for their weekly meeting and also to make sure she was ready for work after the surgery so he asked her to lunch on Tuesday at his now favorite place. Working the full day left Kerry drained but happy to be back at work among the buzz of the office rather than sitting at home waiting for something to happen. Dinner on Monday was a throw together followed by Kerry crashing into bed shortly afterwards.

Lunch with Bill started off as normal, they ordered a quick salad and a drink then Bill asked for her general impressions of how her transition was progressing. Bill then asked about her surgery, “are you OK to be working full time this week or do you need some more rest?” “if I had to stay at home another day I would have gone mad, but thanks for asking.” It had been only a month since the start of her RLT but already Kerry had broken some major hurdles that other T-Girls had taken a lot of effort to get over. The entire team had been supportive of Kerry or at least silent on the matter, she was being naíve to think that she had total acceptance of her transition. The way the company had outlined its policies and acceptance of Kerry had really helped and the encouraged lunches also helped breakdown the barriers quicker but it was mainly the way that Kerry and the girls got on that seemed to make the rough road much smoother. The surgery was eleven months off and several other things had to be cleared before the go ahead was given.

Kerry got home after work one day to find a note pinned on her door, “please call me at home, Sam,” and gave the phone number but no other details. Kerry was cautious about just ringing someone out of the blue until she remembered that the previous owner of the unit was called Sam and found the paperwork to confirm the phone number. The two units next to Kerry were going to be put on the market at the same price that Kerry had paid and Sam wanted to know if she wanted to buy one for investment purposes. Sam told her that one of the tenants had finished their lease and he was thinking of selling them quickly to give him some cash flow to buy another much larger group of units.

“Why don’t you come around after work with the keys and let me check them out, I may be interested in both units” Kerry told him. The next day Sam turned up promptly at five thirty as Kerry pulled her Subaru into the drive.

“Hi, my names Sam” he said holding out his hand “I finally get to meet you” Sam’s eyes doing the visual checkout of her body as Kerry unlocked her unit. Kerry had only dealt with the agents for both the rental and sale of her unit, Sam had no memory of Paul ever renting the unit from him and would have been slower to flirt if he had known. Sam showed Kerry the ground floor unit with its layout being a mirror image of hers, the upper unit was same layout but two balconies, front and back rather than a garden. They needed painting and the floor coverings would need replacing but the kitchen and bathroom was much better than hers, the only real negative was the view from the ground floor unit being limited to the park and not the river. Kerry checked to see if they could have seen her on the patio when she had been relaxing or working out. Kerry stood at the balcony and looked out to the river, this would have been a much better unit if the trees had not been planted so close to the property line.

“Sam, lets get straight down to the dealing, how much do you want for both units as is no painting or any refurbishments?” Sam was surprised that she wanted both and had to think quickly about the answer “I guess that’s just the cost of each unit added up?” Sam said seeing if he could get away with it.

“Sam, I am talking quick sale, one transaction and no conditions like finance approval so how about 450 grand for the pair?” Kerry asked him knowing that was 50 grand below his asking price. “Do you mean a cash sale or do you have finance approved already?” Sam probed to see how serious her offer was, “I have most of the cash and the small extra has already been approved as personal loan if the price doesn’t go any higher” Kerry said setting the boundaries for negotiating. “I was looking for at least 480” Sam said looking at Kerry for response, “How about 460?” asked Kerry “475 is the lowest I can go” said Sam, “OK my highest offer is 470 and two weeks settlement?”

Sam held out his hand to shake “deal, crikey you have more balls than most of the men I have to deal with” Kerry looked at him “done deal I’ll get my lawyer to get the details from your settlement agent and arrange payment, and trust me I have less balls than any guy you ever dealt with” Sam laughed at her comment.

The finance was for 60% of the unit cost and the rest was cash from the legal settlement, this would give Kerry a source of income that could be negatively geared and reduce her tax while allowing her to have secured income within two years given the rate of rent increase in the city area. The car was not going to be purchased and it still left a reasonable amount in the bank as her weekly spending was far less than she had budgeted for.

A month later and the divorce was finalized through the courts, the paper arrived the day after and both Janet and Paul reacted to the finality of what they had done, or should it be, what Paul had done as Janet had very little choice in the matter and she expressed that opinion on the day before “D Day”. The pain felt by Paul was more at the loosing of a wife and a friend and the upset caused to his children but this was being offset by the hope for a future that he never thought could exist. Janet on the other hand could only see pain and loss of so many more things with little hope for a future without Paul, but then Kerry was always available as long as Janet behaved herself and didn’t try to bring hurt to Paul.

Several times during the last month Kerry sent emails to Janet talking about the future and hoping that Janet would take up the offer of shopping one weekend and even the pictures or dinner either with Kerry or the other girls in a group night out. Jo arranged a drinks night and sent Janet an invite but found her response to be very short, Kerry had hoped for better but under the circumstances it was probably expected. Kerry invited Janet for tea one night after work and although Janet had accepted without any problems she later cancelled due to “too much work to do” or so Janet said.

Next time - Kerry thinks first, then acts on her future.

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Alternative Release - 5

Things seem to be looking up for Kerry.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine