What Light Through Yonder Shadow... - Act 4

Printer-friendly version

200px-AngelusForce.jpg

Life is about choices. There will always be what if but ultimitely the final decision belongs to each individual person.

It was as if nobody wanted to admit something had happened in that area but you could see that the public knew something had happened there, the place gave off an aura of...not fear, but discomfort. People, despite their apparent ignorance of their own feelings and emotions can be extremely observant at times and the person who had ensured that the energies that evoked those feelings in others was satisfied.

* * *

Three Months Earlier

It was uncannily quiet in the aftermath of the violent battle. Ginger Calvert, the bearer of the Witchblade and her partner Brent had gone, they had driven off to who knew where, the Angelus and her pretty handmaid had returned to Australia. The only ones left were Jackie Estacado and the vampire queen.

He looked wearily at her, "I won't fight you, kill me, I'm too weak too retaliate."
Ella just looked at him curiously. "Eew," she said, "why would I want to do that?"
He looked at her strangely, "That's what the darkness would do."
"The demon has been defeated," she replied.
"Yes and the devil is your father, you have taken the demon's place."
"Hmmm...yes, I am in two minds of that one." She turned and and let out a subsonic hum and a portal opened and Satanna walked through it.

"Jackie Estacado, this is my mother-sister and co-regent," She said.
Satanna looked at Estacado with interest and said to the Vampirella, "Yes," as she walked in a cirle around Estacado, "...yes, I see what you mean."
Mr. Estacado," she continued in the place of Ella, "Our father has left us in the very unenviable position of doing something that is not suited to either of us. With the banishment of the demon of the void for the forseeable future and the departure of Lucifer, an opportunity for for something other than, or even worse than the Darkness has opened. We are entrusted with seeing that the balance on Earth and this reality is not further upset. I," she gestured toward herself, have a planet to attend to and Ella," she indicated the vampire queen, "has a nation to run."

"It would seem that you out of both of us are the most qualified to deal with demons."
This was definitely not what Jackie was expecting.
The Vampirella continued, "What we are suggesting is, for you to take this power and use it to ensure that dark entities don't get too strong a hold on our reality. The fact that you are not too concerned with morality now ensures that you are suitable for this position."

You will still be able to tend to your worldy concerns while doing this. We don't ask that you join the "White Hats", in fact, that would be counter-productive to what is needed. What do you think? Will you do this?"
Estacado did not even think about what was asked of him, he just knew that he was being offered power and he would grab it with both hands.
"Yes, yes I'll do it." He replied.
"Are you sure?" Satanna asked .
"Yes," he answered.
"Are you completely certain this is what you want?" Vampirella asked again.
"Of course it is woman, are you deaf?" he snapped.
Vampirella ignored his insult and continued what she was saying with her sister-mother. "As you have confirmed your intent to do this through the divine Law of Three it shall be done. SO BE IT."

Jackie Etacado exalted in the power flowing through his body but he noticed something else, a feeling he'd never felt before. It was a binding and in time he'd come to understand that he'd submitted himself to Universal Law. In time he'd realise that even though it might appear otherwise, he was on the side of the angels.

* * *

It had been a week since their return to Australia and Dani was enjoying being just Dani. Finch had lost her body after the battle and only her conciosness remained. It was now melding with Dani's as they had been soul mates. Eventually, Finch would become Dani, but Dani didn't really understand all that this entailed. She was just happy that Finch would always be with her.

* * *

Stephanie however had been very busy with Jaques they were using their contacts to make it appear that the French Government had seized all illegal assets that remained of Victor Szasz's Organisation. Any person who now noticed that she had used specific codes that were supposedly only known to Victor Szasz would figure that she was just another french bereaucrat who knew said codes.

The real French government didn't really know what was happening, but as long as the people who were monitoring the monies and assets thought they did, Steph was safe until she made the monies dissapear again.

To this effect, she deposited all the many millions of dollars in different accounts all around the world. She had discussed with Jacques what she would do with this money and they had decided that they would set aside a certian portion of the money for altruistic purposes but that wasn't all the money would be used for.

Stephanie had begun to look into the different types of degrees and diplomas she could do concerning international detective work, specifically work bent toward metahumans and the paranormal, as she thought that she would be able to do a world of good in that area. She had already decided that she didn't want to be on any police force or government agency.

She would work for individuals and would become an international private investigator. She laughed at the thought which under different circumstances might seem ridiculous but hey, she thought if Green Lantern has other planets to police there is no reason I can't work in other countries.

* * *

Lillith and Lucifer looked out at the reality that had been their playground for so long.
"One door closes and another opens." Lucifer said.
"Yes," replied Lillith "But thanks to all that's holy that my time of involvement there is over, it's very stressful."
They walked away with their laughter echoing long after they had dissapeared.

FIN

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The end ;)

An epic story ends...

Pretty good for a first one I think, but there is potential for improvement - can't wait to read your next story.

Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

What Light Through Yonder Shadow... - Act 4

The end and a set up for a future battle.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Battle? What battle? I have

Battle? What battle? I have not even thought of that Stan.

Interesting

I have been kind of intimidated by this story of yours. But now that I have read it, I have to say that I did enjoy this story alot (Even though I think it could have benefited by more proofreading). And I hope to see more stories from you in the future.

Thanks for the story, I think I need to research the comic now as I hunger for more :)

This was a great story,

This was a great story, really liked it. And for some reason, just to tell you this, I had to re-register. Go figure. Anyways, thanks for writing this, would love to see a sequel sometime, bye for now.