Deal or No Deal

Printer-friendly version

Deal or No Deal, How much is a Dream Worth?

This story is fiction and is intended to be treated as such. It has harsh language and deals with Transgender themes. If this would offend you please stop reading, I don't want you to go blind! Thanks to Janet, HER and Paula for the rush job in Proofing but of course any mistakes are mine. This is a different type of story from my others so keep an open mind please. Batteries are not included some assembly is required.

Deal or No Deal

by

Grover

Mark had huge butterflies about this meeting, but the sooner begun, the sooner it would be over. Mr. Bix skittered in on its multiple legs with its six eyes waving covered with pseudo sunglasses. Its green, fur lined, broad brim hat with its bright feather was a shocking contrast with the orange leather coat it wore.

Things just hadn't been the same since the Galactic Organization for Trade and the Celestial Help Association had made contact just a short year ago. Representatives of various Galactic businesses had set up offices on Earth and had embarrassingly used old film and TV characters as templates on how to conduct affairs here.

Mr. Bix was dressed in a very misunderstood Alien version of a nineteen seventy's Pimp. Wasting no time, he placed the aluminum brief case on the table between them and slid it towards Mark. “So Bitch, Deal or No Deal?”

Mark cleared his throat. Just a year ago he would never had taken this kind of verbal abuse, but here in the GOT & CHA trade embassy, it was their rules. “My attorney and I have serious problems about the terms of this contract.”

Mr. Bix scratched himself where a human's sexual organs would be, but who knows with Aliens. “Yo, what's your problem, Whore? It states that in return for paying you one million Zulac's, you will be transformed into a female employee of Biz's Traveling Extravaganza, the finest sex show touring this Galactic Arm. The Bimbo-morph-ifer will make you a super-fine piece of Ass. You'll be everything a G-Woman ever wanted with big firm Tits, a great Ass, and legs all the way to here.”

Nervously, Mark pointed out, “That's part of the problem. According to the fine print, even my personality and memories may be erased or altered at your whim. Not only that, but the terms of employment is open ended giving no set time limits for return of the original personality or re-payment of the debt.”

“My attorney advised me to trash this thing because this is nothing more than selling myself into sexual slavery with no opportunity for freedom. What would be the use of being rich if I have no memory of it?,” Mark finished.

Mr. Bix gave a nasty laugh, “Yo, you got a fine attorney there, Bitch! The best scams are always the ones in purple and puce . You know you T-Bitches want it bad. What more would a breeder want, Whore?”

Mark replied, “How about a loving partner and a family to raise and nurture? What about love and compassion as part of a lasting relationship?”

The little Alien gave a dismissive wave of its tentacles, “So, Bitch, Deal or No Deal?”

Mark shook a little, “No Deal,” and slid the case back to the Pimp.

Mr Bix took its case, rose and left the room ignoring the tears leaking from the human. It loved these recently contacted worlds with low tech. T-Bitches were always so desperate for what it could offer that it never had any problems meeting its quota. So what if this one turned down the Deal? There would always be others.

The End

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Evil alien

Talk about emotional blackmail. That alien has to be one of the most cruel ones I've ever seen in a story. Most 'evil' ones are nice enough to take whatever they want instead of forcing their victims to make such painfull decissions.

Having said all that, I'm sure this world has a lot of people on it who would be just as cruel if they could get away with it.

Hugs,

Kimby

A damn hart choice...

4 years ago I would have said DEAL but now I guess I would agree Marks reasons...

I guess it's better if some fantasies are never offered to become reality ... or maybe they should?

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.

Zulacs

Wish I had a million Zulacs -- then again, where would I spend it?

Disturbing. One suggestion: I wish it had been a little longer with more of a choice. This one was a relative no-brainer. What if Mark had bargained, and had the tentacled one down to an offer of a ten year contract, except that she would be released minus about 25 IQ points with the instincts of a slut as part of the irreversable process to make her suitable for the traveling sex show?

Potentially, she could have a family and love afterwards -- if she were lucky -- but would the price be worth it?

I realize that it would completely change the meaning of the story, but hmm.

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

Motivation

The story makes some assumptions about a few things, including motivation. In a really short story like this, making assumptions is not only forgivable, it's entirely necessary.

But (you knew there'd be a "but," didn't you?), covering a few plot points, even extremely briefly, might help the story. I think a line from our protagonist on motivation might be useful, for example. I mean, why was he even presented this offer? Who even is he? In the first paragraph, I was thinking he worked for GOT & CHA. Eventually, I figured out he was a prospective end-user of some alien tech, but I'm still not even clear as to the proposed deal. Spider-dude is a pimp/promoter type? He's seeking to PAY Mark to be transformed? How much is a Zulac, anyway? There have been several currencies where a million of them was pocket change. If he has miraculous tech, why is he paying anyone instead of vice-versa? And then there's the sex-slavery thing. Who are the prospective sex customers in this universe and why is it the usual semi-exploitative practices aren't enticing enough to the existing pool of potential sexworkers that they have to go pay people to be transformed into them?

A line or two, or even a phrase, here and there could go a long way to making the plot clearer. As is, I found the above points too distracting to enjoy the full impact of the gotcha.

What's a Zulac?

Well a Zulac is a currency I stole from the original Heavy Metal Movie when Capt Stern pretends to payoff Hanover, but instead kills him and takes the money back. As for the Million Zulacs, unless you are smart enough to leave it to someone else Mr. Bix will just get it back after he Bimbo-izes you.

As for why, well what I had in mind was a more opportunistic Galactic trade organization somewhat like David Drakes "Ranks of Bronze" and David Weber's "Excalibur Alternative." Yes they have rules to protect the natives, but the "merchants" are ruthless enough to do everything they can to work around those laws. I didn't write about Mr. Bix's search for suitable candidates or Mark's angst and soul searching because I felt this one scene would say it all.

Yes, this is written partially in reaction to those who seem to be so desperate that they would give up everything that makes them unique in the world for the chance to be a woman. I wanted to show that some things just costs too much, and that the people who would offer such things in my mind are above and beyond just being amoral.

Well as for other things I didn't address such as bargaining Mr. Bix down, I think he said all when at the end he wasn't worried because he knew that he could find others who would take his offer as is. He doesn't have to bargain because he is holding all the cards like the story says Deal or No Deal.

As for what kind of show it really is, I think is like a film I saw years ago about a traveling Freak show with a Evil Ringmaster who shamelessly uses his performers like slaves because no one else will accept them. I don't remember the title but I remember his waving the contacts in their faces threatening them with"You Have A Contract"!

Well as for it being a Sex Show there enough disturbed people here on Earth that will attempt sex with other species. I'll try not to make a judgment but I don't expect any Alien race that is willing to open relations with us to be any different. It would be nice to have the benevolent teachers come and set a good example but I'm not holding my breath!
Hugs Everyone and Thanks for the comments!
grover

Well as for other things I

Well as for other things I didn't address such as bargaining Mr. Bix down, I think he said all when at the end he wasn't worried because he knew that he could find others who would take his offer as is. He doesn't have to bargain because he is holding all the cards like the story says Deal or No Deal.

Yeah, I know -- it would have been a different story with a somewhat different point if you did it that way. :)

Well as for it being a Sex Show there enough disturbed people here on Earth that will attempt sex with other species. I'll try not to make a judgment but I don't expect any Alien race that is willing to open relations with us to be any different. It would be nice to have the benevolent teachers come and set a good example but I'm not holding my breath!

Hey! What's a little rishathra to seal friendship between the species? :) (see Larry Niven, Ringworld)

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

Total

To my reading, this scene said it all. It was complete and full of undescribed actions. The original meeting, the lawyer counseling, the execution meeting, even what the pimp would do after the poor slob is enslaved were all to clear in this little gem. Even the setting for this vignette was sufficiently defined though not a word of description was used.
I enjoy a short diversion like this. It sharpens the imagination. I would hate, though, to try to follow a novel that utilized this technique. I am afraid my imagination and the author's intentions would no more meet than would two galaxies from different universes. But, for a momentary glimppse into a future existence, this works marvelous.
I liked it Grover. I hope to see some more of your work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks Kimby, Holly Marie, Aardvark, Pippa and Guest Reader for all of your comments! This was a short piece done at the last minute written in less than an hour after a idea came to me right before bed. I never expected the mostly warm reactions to it. I MIGHT do a companion piece but my muse isn't returning any of my messages as of yet!
Hugs!
grover

I agree

I think the story used the same technique that Hitchcock used in his movies.
His horror came from what he DID NOT show. Why? Well our imagination is usually a lot more colorful than real live. (at least for horror)

When reading the comments I thought that maybe the motivation for Mark to even consider such a bad offer is harder to understand for non-transsexuals.
As I wrote in my previous comment I too would really consider it and probably try to bargain and than still face that all or nothing deal.

There are more than enough hints to know it’s a very bad deal: the way the pimp addresses Mark even before the change is a big one just as the few details of the contract.

It all boils down to:

Are you willing to give up yourself, your personality just to have the body and sex organs you feel you should have.

3 years ago I would have said YES. (with only a slight hesitation)

Today I would still be tempted but I have so much more to loose now.

I may not be as pretty and sexy as what the alien is offering but I'm accepted as a girl and often told I am pretty. judge yourselves: http://360.yahoo.com/holly_schoene
But few are as fortunate as I am when transitioning at age 30. (face wise)
Still I will never be 100% female and just knowing that hurts.

To me the few details make it possible to focus more on the real question as mentions above.

Thanks Glover

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.

horrible choice

I agree, there are some things I could not give up, even if it meant I never transition.

"Let me succeed. If I cannot succeed let me be brave in the attempt." Pledge of the Special Olympics.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

*Shivers*

Frightening. I'm not sure what I would say, given such an offer.
Then again, accepting it would be almost suicide, no? The new body would go on, but the person inside would be someone else.

Also, if you like Ranks of Bronze and Excalibur Alternative, get your hands on "Carthago Delenda Est" by Eric Flint. I'm pretty sure you'll like it :)