Mistress of the Wardrobe Part 9

Printer-friendly version
  

Part 9

A shout from the stern rail brought my attention around. There balanced on the rail, arms outstretched was Blythe. The faint light of the quarterdeck shown on him fully revealing his red shirt and a knife in his hands. He shouted again “Mistress I did it for you !” and looked to the skies. Seeking forgiveness?

Part 9

My Talk With Mr. Blake

“Mr. Blake, I hope that you are well and I can count on you as being a friend of mine which I dearly cherish.”

“Aye M’liddy Allizen, Aye, be yur fren.”

“Well as a friend of mine you would be concerned if anyone harmed me or threatened me is that not correct?”

"Aye Allizen, who be tren-ten ya?”

“Well just between you and I Mr. Blake…” I paused and looked around again more for effect, but also to see if there was anyone close enough to hear. "The Captain and the First Officer have made some veiled threats about using me for their own pleasure after we cross the equator ~ they want to rape me,… I think they are serious and I’m scared of what they would do to me. They are very brutal men, you know that don’t you? Look what they did to the Spanish thief and to Blythe for gods sake!”

The scowl on his face said that this did not make him happy, and his words proved it.

“Day be dead men, aye’ll kill em mesef. Dem rats…

“No no Mr. Blake we must think of something else, I couldn’t bear to think of you brought up on charges and lashed or worse, even hung. We have to think of something that will let us come out on top and the Captain and First Officer need to be the ones who are brought up on charges.”

“Planz aye don tink aye cood tink up a plan. aye’z no good at tinkin. Yuz com up wif a plan, ay’ll ‘elp ‘n udder ways.”

“Alright Mr. Blake, Lisele and I will come up with some kind of plan, but I’m still scared and they are still in charge of the ship, anything could happen, they could toss me overboard like the Spanish thief. And get away with another murder! Will you protect me? I know with you looking over me I would feel better and with Mr. Harri’s help perhaps we can change things here aboard the Acies Mentis.”

“Ay’ll look after ya Allizen - nottin will ‘appen ta ya, aye promis ya dat. En iffen aye get a chanze ay’ll toss dem ov’bord.”

“Thank you Mr. Blake I knew that I could count on you.” I raised myself up on my tip toes and kissed him resoundly on the lips. He blushed very fiercely.
I turned to go, but looked at him over my shoulder coyly and said. “You’ll be watching me I hope?”

He just knuckled his forehead and nodded silently.

Excitement on deck

A shout from the stern rail brought my attention around. There balanced on the rail, arms outstretched was Blythe. The faint light of the quarterdeck shown on him fully revealing his red shirt and a knife in his hands. He shouted again “Mistress I did it for you !” and looked to the skies. Seeking forgiveness?

Did what? And what were those men doing on the deck? There was shouting and some of them made to reach for Blythe but he scrambled up the braces to the luff spar and began shouting down at the quarterdeck brandishing his blade.

Lisele and I stood rooted to the Gun Deck where we had just spoken to Blake. I had intended to speak with her to see if we could come up with some plan to topple the Captain and First Officer from their lofty positions and free myself and the ship from this infernal menace. He threatened not only me but the whole ships well being.

My gaze brought Blythe back into focus as the Officer of the deck ordered some men aloft to bring Blythe down to the deck, the Captain had been summoned in the same breath.

One of the midshipmen dashed past me to notify the Captain. Another was sent to get the First Officer, and any other officers that could be found. Lisele and myself dressed to the hilt retreated to the port rail to not be in the way. We looked back aloft and saw Blythe being hemmed in so that he could be brought back down to the deck and find out what he was carrying on about. His eyes seemed to blaze at me alone as we watched and waited for further developments.

His fierce look was unsettling and I was unnerved by it, I looked around quickly to see if anyone else had noticed this crazed look.

I reached over and pulled Lisele closer to me, my arm around her corseted waist. She slid her arm around me and squeezed me as close as we could possibly be in these large skirted dresses.

Blythe being as small as he was, was no match for the other able seamen send after him. He was captured, his knife was taken away from him and slowly brought back to the deck yelling and screaming that he had done it for me.

I stood my ground at the rail and wondered aloud to Lisele, “What ever can he mean by that? What has he done that would make him say such a thing? What has he done for me?”

I took Lisele’s hand in mine and we climbed the stairs to the quarterdeck but stayed by the rail to see what was going on.

With two men holding his arms securely the Officer of the Deck Quintall was beginning to question him about this insane act, and what did he mean by that statement. As the Officers gathered around the hapless figure held tightly in front of them they couldn’t help but notice that he seemed to be covered in blood. The front of his dingy white shirt was completely red with fresh blood.

Two midshipmen came running back to report that the First Officer was not to be found, his cabin was empty and could not be found anywhere. The other shouted out that the Captain’s cabin was locked and there was no response to repeated knocking or shouting. The officers who had gathered moved off a short distance to confer. After a few minutes they turned to the master at arms and told him that the Captain’s cabin must be opened and he needed to know what has occurred. They summoned a carpenter to help with the door to the Captain’s cabin.

This group included three Officers and the master at arms who led the way to the locked door, bringing a carpenter along trailing behind. The small group of Officers and men who had been left behind held Blythe and he squirmed and murmured to them his eyes never leaving me, boring a hole into my soul, I was getting very nervous and worried that something very bad had happened.
Lisele and I stayed on the quarterdeck and had a discussion of what these recent events could mean. We spoke in whispers.

I looked at Lisele and asked what she knew about this as if she held some power to devine what went on aboard this ship, she knew or seemed to know everything that went on, so in desperation I asked her.

She replied, “Allyson you know as much as I, about this.”

“But what is Blythe babbling about and why is he staring at me like that?”
“Those are very good questions Allyson, but what I wonder is how he got to the stern rail in the first place?”

“Or even why he is covered in blood and that knife that he was brandishing about, what has he gone and done now?”

“That is something that the Officers will find out in short order I think, look there is the Doctor going into the passageway to the captains cabin, they must have summoned him for something, oh this doesn’t bode well.” Once Lisele had said that I looked down on the gundeck and saw that indeed the Doctor was headed into the passageway.

The Purser came back up to the quarterdeck and walked over to us. He was shaking his head and looked ashen faced. He looked at us both and leaned heavily against the rail. Lisele put her hand on his shoulder and and said softly. “Mr. Harris what is the matter? Where is the Captain? Come on man what is happening?” her voice had risen higher with each question.
He gave no answer and and just shook his head.

Suddenly as if waking from a dream he straightened up and shook his head vigorously to clear the cobwebs. He looked to the quarterdeck and raised his arm signaling, and shouted. “Mr Blake could you come here please?”
Blake lumbered up the steps and came to a halt close by, knuckled his forehead with a blank look on his face.

“Mr. Blake would you be so kind as to escort these ladies back to their cabin? I fear that the excitement of Blythe appearing as he did and the investigation that will have to follow will be taxing to them.”

“Aye aye Mizter ‘arris, aye be ’appy to take ‘em to da cabin.”

“And Mr. Blake, you will post yourself outside their door, after making sure that no one else is in the cabin. To ensure that they are not disturbed for the rest of the evening. I will send someone to relieve you in a few hours. I think that some protection is warranted due to these circumstances.”

“No need to sen anodder to take me place gov’nur. Aye’ll stay ‘til yuz cum by.”
“Very good Mr. Blake. Now ladies if you will accompany Mr. Blake to your cabin, I would feel much better about what I have to do in the coming hours.”

I looked at Mr. Harris with just a little indignity and said. “Why are you sending us off now, Mr. Harris we could…”

He cut me off in mid sentence with. “Mistress Allyson, Please just do what I have asked. Your cabin has already been invaded once this evening. I think it a prudent safeguard for tonight, that someone be on watch outside your Sanctum.”

“What!? My cabin has been invaded? What did they steal? What did they do in my cabin?”

“Please Allyson, just go with Mister Blake for now, I will come by when I have completed my investigations and we’ll have a nice cup of tea. God knows I’ll probably need it by then.” He turned and walked back to the group of Officers gathered further aft, talking animatedly.

Mr. Blake stepped to the side and gave a little bow and extended his arm in the direction of the stairs and the gun deck. Lisele and I looked at each other clasped hands and walked as regally as we could to the stairs. My head was awash with thoughts of someone coming into my DominᦠSanctum Sanctorum and the violation I personally felt.

How rude, vulgar and uncouth someone had to be to invade a ladies boudoir! This was unacceptable! I felt a revulsion at the thought of what they had done while there. I quickened my pace to see what destruction had been wrought to my lovely sacred place. The retreat of my soul, mine and Lisele’s harbor of sweetness and sanctuary.

When he did speak some minutes later it was to ask us to adjourn to my cabin where he said he would explain as best he could what had been found and what the Officers think happened. Lisele and I walked on either side of him down the stairs, we weren’t exactly supporting him as much as guiding him. All the way to the door of the Sanctum not a word was spoken.

Surveying My Sanctum

When we arrived at the door to my Sanctum, Mr. Blake asked us to wait while he took a look around. He reached behind himself and drew a wickedly large blade from his belt and quickly entered and then closed the door behind him, so that if someone was still there Lisele and I would be spared the view of what he would have to do to expel this unwanted visitor. I took Lisele’s arm in mine and waited anxiously. She leaned in and whispered in my ear. “Allyson dear, it will be alright, no person of sane mind would have done anything to cause you worry or anxiety. Blake will just make sure that there is nothing amiss. And Mr. Harris was right to send him along with us, for our safety and wellbeing.”

The door opened with Mr. Blake filling the frame, he nodded to us and stepped aside to allow us to enter, I peered around my cabin with some trepidation, hoping against hope that this intruder had not destroyed anything of our lovely home.

Everything seemed to be intact and just as Lisele and I had left it a scant hour or so ago. Except for one or two things, the Japanese screen in the corner, covering the spiral stairs was pushed aside and broken in pieces on the floor and there looked to be some sort of attack on the latch that lead to the Captains cabin above. The wood of the trapdoor had been gouged out and lay in splinters on the carpet below the stairs. There was also a whole stern window missing from it’s frame, yet there was no broken glass on the carpet in the vicinity of that window.

Perplexing as this damage was there didn’t look to be anything else damaged or missing. While I had studied this destruction. Lisele had been searching the jewel cases and wardrobe to ascertain if anything was missing from them. She shook her head in the negative to tell me all was intact in these areas.

We both went to the tub room to see if anything was amiss there, nothing at all, not even anything out of place from what we could see. I went back into the main room and sat heavily on the chaise, my face in my hands, tears springing from my eyes my dress getting wrinkled in the process, but never mind that, what had this intruder wanted in my cabin and why was there nothing missing? But damage still done in this manner?

Mr. Blake stood near the door and spoke quietly. “Aye’ll leave yuz liddies alone, if’n yuz need anytin, aye’ll be right otside dis door.” He moved to leave and close the door, I had not moved and Lisele said to him, “Thank you ever so much Mr. Blake.”

She moved to the water butt and removed a bottle of wine, poured two glasses and brought them over to the chaise. I looked up as she handed one to me and sat down. Her dress and mine mixed as she sat close, her arm around my shoulders. My tear stained face looked into hers and I felt a wave of sadness for myself and for Lisele, at the way our happiness and serenity had been violated. Fresh tears clouded my vision, and I sobbed.

She tried to calm my fears and spoke softly to me, “Allyson, come now don’t cry nothing is missing and what has been damaged can be fixed, there is no need for you to get upset over this.”

I sniffed and said to her. “How can you say that? Someone has invaded my cabin, unbidden and unwelcome, done damage and left without a hint of who or why? You and I could have just as easily been here when they did invade and then what?” I buried my face in her shoulder and cried again, “I cannot even feel safe here now, even with Blake outside on watch.

“I know Allyson, I know. Let’s just wait for Mr. Harris and see if he can shed some light on this situation. We’ll just have a nice smoke and get into something comfortable while we wait for him to arrive and see if he has found out anything, as well, he might have some explanation of why Blythe was yelling like a madman and brandishing a knife, covered in blood.”

“Yes Lisele, ..A smoke would be nice right about now.” I sipped my wine and threw caution to the wind, tilted my head back and drained the glass.

She stood and pulled me erect, looking into my face with hers so close. I could not focus my eyes for the tears that filled them, but felt her soft lips as they touched mine. I hungrily accepted and devoured her kiss as she held me close to her, rubbing my back through the many layers of clothing I wore. I remembered how nice I had it here with Lisele in my arms, her kissing me and the softness of her body held close to mine. And vowed to myself to cheer up.

She pulled away form my questing lips and when I opened my eyes, I saw her smiling face still so close to mine. She took my hand and moved me over to the vanity to sit as she unbuttoned and began removing my lovely bodice jacket.

I numbly sat there straight backed not slouched, because of the corset and clothing as she paused and retrieved the small whalebone pipe form the bed cubbyhole. I smiled at her when she brought it back and handed it to me, the lucifer already in her hand. She struck it on the candlestick resting on the vanity, we shared this pipe back and forth, smoking quietly until it was gone.

We together undressed, her unbuttoning and untying my items and me undoing hers.

I walked over to my lovely bed, clad only in a light chemise, sat down and hung my head into my hands. My hair fell forward unbound from where it had been pinned up. I breathed slowly in and out trying to calm myself.

I knew she would try to divert me, to pull my attentions to something else, that had been why she had suggested a smoke. I was feeling the effects now, dulled and dreamy. I knew my anguish and anxiety shown plainly on my tear stained face. I heard Lisele moving about.

Charmuese and Angora

“This would be cute on you!” Lisele chimed in holding up a camisole hung from a hanger by its straps that were held in place by little faux pearl pins, and the pettislip and knickers that went with it, held by padded clasps attached to the hanger. I looked up and nodded sullenly, not even fully focusing on what she held in her hands.

They were muted lingerie pink with ivory Venetian point lace trim, with fancy ecru and gray embroidery, made with a delicious blend of silk, and brushed satin.

The ship swung back and forth as if the man at the wheel was drunk and wished to see how far he could swing the wheel in it’s arc of movement. I looked back at the shattered and missing stern window.

Allyson!” I snapped my head back to look at her when she had shouted for my attention.

She smiled at me as she held up the wonderfully soft set of lingerie. Her smile faded as she looked at me wearily. “Allyson, please don’t be like that. You know that I love you and that we are safe, please rouse yourself from this funk that you are trying so easily to fall into.”

She was right, even as befuddled as I was from the wine and smoke, I knew she was just doing her best to divert me.

“Right” I said resolutely standing and straightening myself to my full height, my breasts stuck out from under the silky chemise and I felt my bum tighten as I squared myself away. I looked at her with fresh resolve and determination.

I looked afresh at the lovely lady holding out the hanger for my inspection, it was a short chemise, antique white Chantilly lace over white silk Charmuese and a matching tap pantie, the same Chantilly lace over white silk Charmuese. Both items had blue piping, the chemise tied with a matching blue cord, as was the waist of the tap pantie. As I lifted these delights from off the hanger, there beneath it was a small corset, more than a waspie but less than the full corset I had just removed, It took me a moment to realise that they perfectly matched the robe and soft fuzzy bed-set in luscious pink Angora that I had seen hanging next to my bed.

“Oh, what should I do?” I said as I moved over to apply dusting powder with a big pink powder puff. I was starting to twitch a little as I removed the delightful pink silk foundations from the hanger and quickly with Lisele’s help donned them, adding white silk stockings. I had found a pink cashmere bed-set in one of the hat boxes that was just a delight to my skin, but this angora screamed warmth and softness. The foundations were followed by the chemise and tap pant and finally, the pink Angora and robe.

I had dispelled the dispair that I had felt earlier, conquered it with cashmere.
The ship continued to slip and sway, back and forth all though our dressing. What had been amusing a few moments ago was fast becoming tiresome. I needed another glass of wine. I moved over to the table where Lisele had placed the bottle and poured myself another, looking at her to see if she wanted one too.

She did not. I sat down in the chaise and leaned back in my lovely foundations with the warm Angora bedset and robe wrapped snuggly around me. Languishing in the warm softness of them all. My anxious moments relegated to the past, my cares now numbed and removed.

My mood complete, I looked to Lisele and said.
“I’m sorry but you are not going to leave me alone to go back to your cabin and change. I couldn’t stand you being gone or myself being alone in this rolling and rocking cabin, even with Mr. Blake just outside the door. So you will just have to wear some of these clothes, because I’m serious you are not going to leave me alone!”

She smiled and walked over to me so that she could kiss me sweetly. I hugged her tightly to emphasise my meaning. I was still upset, somewhat anxious moments in the past, but not forgotten. Scared and trembling slightly, she noticed and if she was going to disagree with me she quickly changed her mind.

“I would not leave my precious alone on a night like this, Allyson I love you,…and I would die, myself, if any harm came to you while you are under my guidance, and being honest, …you are my adoring companion and lover after all.”

She looked at me and we giggled, she had lightened the moment very well.
She lay next to me on the chaise and pulled a duvet over our legs while we waited for Mr. Harris to come and join us, hopefully with good news.

We sat waiting for quite some time, enough for Lisele to rise up and change her clothing for a comfortable silk pyjama set. And another bottle to be opened and drunk. There was a knock on the door as she pulled the cork on that one, Mr. Blake stuck his head in and stated that Mr. Harris was delayed but would join us as soon as he could, in his own version of the King’s English of course.

We whiled away the time sipping our wine and playing word games, which Lisele lost to me. I think on purpose, but none the less she still owed me her next three years wages and I was going to collect one way of another, we giggled at that and laughed well, when she asked what kind of terms I would give her for the repayment of this huge debt. In the end I accepted her payment of kisses and tender stroking of my angora encased body with particular attention paid to my breasts.

We dozed in the rapture of our shared love, under the duvet that kept us warm in each others embrace.

What Mr. Harris knows

Awakened from a wine induced nap by a knock on the door. I looked over to see Lisele talking with Mr. Harris just inside the door. Seeing me awake they approached me laying on the chaise covered with the duvet that Lisele and I had so recently shared. I stirred and sat upright my head still muzzy from the wine and sleep.

Mr. Harris brought one of the chairs over from the side table and seated himself across from me.

“Lisele, please get our guest a glass of wine.” I said regaining some of my senses.

He shook his head no. But I was quick to reply, “Please Mr. Harris I insist, you look like you could use it.”

Lisele poured him a glass and we watched as he drank a goodly swallow, let out a sigh and sat back relaxing somewhat.

I did not wish to bluntly ask him what information his investigations had brought to him of the nights events, so let him sit and relax some and when he was ready he could tell Lisele and I all that he could.

A few moments lapsed and then he looked at me with the saddest eyes I could imagine. I waited eagerly to hear the news. I wish that I hadn’t.

“Allyson I wish that I had to tell you better news, although there is some good news mixed in with this sad tale. I’ll just tell it to you chronologically, as I have pieced together the parts from different sources. Now where to start? Ahh…Alright then. When the Doctor finished examining Blythe after the lashing that he suffered through, he reported to the First Officer that Blythe would be incapacitated for a week to ten days, Brandt didn’t like this answer, so he again put Blythe on report, which if he was convicted at Captain’s mast would have meant another two dozen lashes. There was no possible way for Blythe to survive this, and when he was informed of this fact by the midshipman in charge of his section, he began to babble incoherently about tyrants and barbarism and M’ladies honour. That was yesterday when all that happened and Blythe was scheduled to go before the Captain’s mast tomorrow. Well in his own mind something had to be done to save himself and M’ladies honour, he told his mess mates that very thing.”

“Now we are just guessing at these next parts.” Mr. Harris continued after sipping his wine. “When you and Lisele went on deck this evening to watch the sunset with me, he sneaked into your rooms and tried the trap door, he probably knew that the Captain always kept his door locked and was known to keep loaded pistols within reach in his cabin.”

“You see Allyson the Captain had made many enemies in both the crew and the Officers so he had reason to fear retribution. But finding that it was latched on the upper side, the Captains side, he then tried to force it with his knife, again defeated, he decided to climb to the Captains cabin from the outside through your stern window. How no one heard the glass breaking I don’t know. But having broken the window and climbing out to scale the stern castle to the next level up and entering through a window that was open in the Captain’s cabin is easy enough considering he was a top-man, meaning he scaled the ropes to the masts and spars all the time, and he was one of the more nimble ones. But the pain it must have caused him with his back in ribbons from the cat, is really quite amazing. Anyway he entered the cabin as quietly as he did without disturbing the sleep of either the Captain or the First Officer!”

“What was the First Officer doing in the Captains cabin asleep?” I asked quickly.

“Well the Captain and the First Officer were awake and on deck all through the storm and into the following day which also was yesterday, it appears that they didn’t trust anyone else to bring the ship though the storm safely, I can attest to that, they didn’t trust anyone for anything - even the other Officers were not trusted to carry out their orders, they were constantly being checked up on. Harangued and harried by Brandt and Captain Long.”

Lisele exclaimed, interrupting Mr. Harris. “Gods holy trousers! Are you telling us that Captain Long and Brandt were…”

“Lisele shush, let Mr. Harris finish.” I admonished her, looking at the Purser so he may continue.

“Alrighty, yes Long and Brandt were in a un-natural relationship, one that would have ended both their careers if it had become known, especially to the Owners of the ship or their representatives. They were both asleep in the cabin in the same bunk, and both were naked. Blythe saw this when he crept in and from what we can decipher from his mutterings he was going to act as avenging angel for himself and for you Allyson.”

“Oh my god… for me, why for me?” I cried out.

“Well it appears that the Captains secret of having sexual relations with the Mistress, is not that secret after all. Most of the crew knew of this or rumours to that effect.” He stated flatly.

I looked at Lisele, who had tears in her eyes. I slid over to where she has seated herself on the end of the chaise and put my arm around her. She moved her head and buried it in my shoulder, amid all the blond hair I heard a small voice. “They all knew what he did to me, they all knew! They knew and did nothing!”

She was bawling now, angry and resentful. Hurt deep in her heart by what we were finding out just now. I held her tightly and soothed her as best I could, it wasn’t much - but the Purser placed his hand on her shoulder and said softly. “Lisele,… Jackson I went before the Owners in Liverpool and told them everything that I knew, but they were reluctant to remove Long. Because I was just a junior Officer telling tales of his superior. So in a way I feel the same way you do about the Owners as you feel about the crew. But believe me, the crew was really powerless in doing anything against the Captain and the First Officer.”

“There are many in the crew, Lisele who for want of a better opportunity would have come to your aid. Myself included.” He lowered his head as Lisele looked at him with tear stained face incredulously. “We, many of us are very proud of you, you suffered and you did it in silence. You never said a word to anyone, you looked out for the interests of the ship first, trying to make the luck that escaped you… I’m sorry I couldn’t do more for you, convince the Owners to remove him or just get him to a different ship, but I failed and I’m sorry for what you had to go through, I’m sorry Lisele.”

Now he was crying as well, Lisele stood up and embraced him, smoothing his hair like a mother would soothe a child. They stayed locked together for some moments until they had regained some composure. And then I moved over on the chaise to make room for the two of them, we sat there the three of us and drew strength from the other two. To stop our tears and share our grief.

Some minutes passed, until we knew, that we all knew that we had done the best that we could under the bizarre circumstances that we had found ourselves in.
Mr. Harris could at last relay the rest of the story, having composed himself sufficiently. “Well Blythe found these two despised tyrants in the same bunk and used the knife he had brought with him to end two lives, he probably thought himself lucky that he was getting to kill the both of them, when he had only really thought of killing Long. Anyway he thought, he killed them both, slit their throats, they never even had a chance to cry out. Then he climbed out the way he had come in and up to the stern rail where we saw him. He thought he had done so well..such a good deed for the whole ships company, he shouted that it was for you Allyson, he did it for you. But I really don’t truly believe that, he did it for himself.”

“I know I showed him a kindness the night before his lashing, but I never wanted or suggested to him that he kill for me!” The anguish on my face must have been apparent.

For immediately the Purser said, “No, Allyson you did not have anything to do with this, this was all Blythe’s doing he really is crazy, his shouting your name out is not to be believed, he did this himself, for himself only. The rest of the Officers all agree with me on this, and the log and our reports will bear this out. You are not to blame. And none will affix blame to you.”

He stood up and made to leave. “Now it’s very late and I’m very tired, so if you ladies will excuse me I’m going to take my leave and get some sleep, I would suggest that you both do the same. I’m going to leave Blake outside so you needn't be worried, just get some sleep. I will come back in the morning and we can discuss further the ramifications of this madman’s acts”

Both Lisele and I stood and spontaneously hugged Mr. Harris tightly and thanked him for everything that he had done for us. I kissed him on the mouth soundly as Lisele waited close by and when I released him from my lip lock she took my place. He was a very blushing red faced man when he walked from our presence.

Lisele and I

I couldn’t tell about how Lisele was feeling, but I felt like I had been keel-hauled and then hauled back aboard hung up in the shrouds to dry. Well perhaps not that badly, but wrung out is what I felt.

I took Lisele’s arm in mine and led her back to the chaise to sit for a few moments. I sipped my wine and leaned back against the rest, closed my eyes and tried to imagine the events that had been just related to us by Mr. Harris, amazing to say the least.

I looked over at Lisele and had to say something, “Well? What are your thoughts on what we have heard?”

I know it sounded lame and tentative but I was seeking some guidance here, this was unfamiliar territory that Lisele knew better than I. What happens on a ship when there is a murder? Especially When the Captain and First Officer are the victims. Does the ship sail on? Do we turn back? Who takes command? Is the murderer punished on board ship, or turned over to the nearest authority? My head was swimming with questions.

I reached back for the hookah, giving Lisele some time to think and come up with some answers to the many questions I wanted to pose to her.
She sat there with a thoughtful expression on her face for some moments, until I was done with my preparations and then took the hose I offered and we both puffed thoughtfully.

Finally she said, “Allyson since this is not a Royal Navy ship and we have to have some direction to turn, I think that Lieutenant Hastings will have to take command and sail to the nearest port, where Blythe would be put on trial for his crimes, and then hanged when he is found guilty. But that is only a guess, for I have never even heard of these circumstances before this and I’m not really sure what is going to happen.”

“So what would the nearest port be?”

Well we could go to Charleston in America or to one of the other larger posts on the eastern seaboard, you understand that I really don’t know the exact position of the ship so I’m only guessing.”

The smoking had relaxed us both, so we leaned back and tried to allow some of the tension of these recent events to escape us.

“Would Blythe really be tried for Murder? And what would really happen to him if he’s found guilty? Hung,…would they really hang him?” I asked after sipping some more wine.

“Oh yes he would be hung if they found him guilty, most assuredly.” Lisele answered.

“They would hang a person who is so obviously touched with madness?” I said slightly shocked that officers and Owner would do such a thing.

“Touched or no it makes no difference they must preserve order onboard ship, so yes they would hang him without a doubt.” She looked at me seriously, as if asking me how I could not believe that.

“But Blythe was pushed over the edge by that wicked lashing, would that be some kind of mitigating circumstance?”

“No not at all Allyson, there is an attitude that prevails, that a man must be in full control of his wits at all times even after such a punishment as Blythe received. I know it sounds unreasonable to you and I, but that is what would be expected of anyone.”

“Well we must do something to help that poor man.” I said with some steely resolve in my voice. “What could we to help him, Lisele?”

“I would think that he is in irons right now and the possibility that we could do anything is remote.” Lisele sighed.

“Oh not that will not do! We have to do something after all that that man has suffered, there must be something that can be done.”

“Now Allyson don’t work yourself up in a tizzy, think on this, I’m a ships Officer or I was until recently, and if I were caught doing anything like setting him free I would be hung for assisting the escape of a murderous prisoner and perhaps even inciting a mutiny. No there is nothing that we can do.”

“Well I’m not giving up that easily, if I can, I’m going to help Blythe. Even if you feel that you cannot.”

“Oh my sweet Allyson Sophie, you are so desperately sentimental and caring for those poor unfortunates who find themselves to be members of the crew.”

“Not just them, I feel for anyone who has been under the combined evilness of this ship, and that goes double for you, my love. You don’t think I would help you escape the clutches of a justice that is blind to the sufferings of those it was meant to protect? Do you believe that I would give you up that easily?”

I leaned over to her and pulled her to me and kissed her sweet lips, that tasted of wine and rewarded me with such a giddy feeling of being wanted, and loved. She clasped me to her as well and we knew that we could count on each other no matter what the circumstances were.

A thought just occurred to me. And I whispered in Lisele’s ear, she held her breathe for a moment and then sighed and agreed that it was a thought, and we would have to speak to Mr. Blake.

But only when we had heard back in the morning from Mr. Harris. Who probably would have fresh news of what had been decided that we do. For I knew that there was undoubtedly a conference going on somewhere in the ship between the Officers to determine what should be done now that we were less a Captain and First Officer.

Lisele stood up and drained her glass, set it down on the table and said. “For now there is nothing to do but try to get some rest, come lets to bed with you Allyson.”

I joined her as she assisted me in getting ready for bed. Once I was tucked into my silks for sleep, she departed for her cabin down the passageway, with the proviso that she would be there at first light to bath and dress me so that we could be ready to put some action to plans, or plan to take action.

The Day of Decisions

The dawn broke clear and with a freshing wind blowing I knew we were headed in a slightly different direction. The ship moved along at a better clip than it had yesterday. This told me a few things had been decided, we were definitely headed to some other port than previously, and someone, probably Lt. Hastings had taken the ship in hand, altered course and was proceeding accordingly.

Lisele came into the cabin after scratching at the door quietly just after I opened my eyes. At least she looked fresh, and lovely I might add. I felt the effects of too much wine and not enough sleep, it had been a long night.

She scurried to draw a bath and prepare for the day, I stretched and lazily roused myself to my feet to slip a dressing gown of lavender silk about me and joined her in the tub room just as the bath was filling with warm water.

I always liked beginning the day with a bath, needless to say I didn’t get one everyday while we are sailing of course. A perfumed bubble bath, is a luxury that we couldn’t always afford to not take advantage of. Lisele needlessly ran a razor over my hairless body. I never had any body hair to speak of, and especially since using the FireQue, Alright, maybe a little fine peach fuzz here and there, How fortunate for me I took after my Mother in that respect. I simply reveled in the purely feminine, though in my case mostly unnecessary gesture, of shaving my legs, underarms, and all those tender places we women get to shave. I had to laugh to myself each time Lisele told me how cute I looked with no body hair. She didn’t care much for a hairy body as I myself did not either. She shaved hers more than mine as the FireQue hadn’t been as effective yet in removing hers permanently. Thought it was Icky, she said.

After a close inspection and a quick cutting of any that she did find I settled into the warm scented waters and sighed. I soaped myself between my legs and my tight Venus mound and then washed my small cone-like breasts and finished by shampooing my hair. All done I sat and soaked for a few minutes, idly brushing my nails over the sides of my breasts. Teasingly passing the nipple and not touching it.

With the oils and suds floating around the water, I was in a heaven of slippery softness and fragrant scents. Slightly intoxicated by the sensuousness of everything I was feeling at the moment, I laid back and relaxed bathing in the feminine scent rubbing my sensitive mounds and dreaming of piles of satin and silk finery to get lost in and languish forever.

Ooohhh, how nice and erotically sensual this feels, I open my eyes and the light from the candles Lisele had lit and arranged as she had prepared everything for me. They seemed to have a glow about them, just like you would imagine a romantic mood to look. (Of course it was just the steam in the candle light.)

I ran my hands up and down my legs and arms checking for hairs and on the look out for anything that would mar my beautiful body, the water and oils making every part of me slick and warm, relishing this sinful skin sensation. I finished with a good look at my quim and bottom for any hairs.

Standing and letting the warm water run off me has become one of my favourite sensations - because having no hair on my body, in combination with the oils and fragrances in the bath water, it kind of rolled off me and shed itself with wicked slowness and major sliding of the little fingers down my naked bare skin. Causing goosebumps, then shivers to caress me and tickle me.

I climbed out of the large still sudsy tub and went to pull the plug to the drain, ingeniously cut into the floor and leading right out to gush down into the sea, when Lisele stopped me and quickly disrobed to climb in and use the available water to cleanse herself as well. Knowing that I had not been dirty and the water still warm and clean she wanted to make the most of an opportunity.

I dried off my body with the largest towel I could find and attempted to dry my hair as much as I could, then went through to the vanity where I put comb and then a brush through my golden hair. Lisele came out shortly thereafter and finished drying and brushing my hair for me, while I tilted my head back and slipped into a more tranquil relaxed state. I did my manicure to match what Lisele told me would be my morning dress, a gown in a rich emerald green and worked on them until the nails were highly polished and flawless then felt relaxed as I dusted off with a scented powder puff and added a splash of perfume.

I then slipped into a pair of tight emerald satin knickers and a white chemise before fastening the front busk myself, of a matching corset that Lisele had produced like magic from the never ending and always surprising wardrobe. This one held my bust up and out, as she tugged it firmly into place and tied off the laces. I saw a little pile of silk stockings and paused for a moment. I began to feel a slight wave of excitement as I took the stockings into my hands and began to remember when I was at home with my auntie, having to try on clothes in front of her, she never made it as sensuous an act as Lisele always seemed to do.

But this time it was different. I was a female now, almost completely mind and body and I was in my own Boudoir now. Even if my mother was to enter the room at this precise moment, all she’d see was a “woman” getting dressed!

I felt both excited and relaxed at the same time as I took out the shiny, sheer stockings and set them on my vanity. I sat back onto my little chair and took the stockings and began putting them on. They pulled and zipped as I worked them up my legs. Soon, they were tightly hooked and gartered in place. I stepped into a pair of matching Maribou high heeled slippers then stood up and marveled at my appearance in the full length mirror.

Then pulling the petticoat up over my smooth stockings to settle once I had tied it to my waist.

The light weight emerald green fabric zipped as I swished the layered skirt over my head and shoulders then down into place without much thought and added the short tight blouse that snuggly buttoned up to my neck. I put on a ladies little bracelet and noticed it was the one with the heart with the name “Allyson” inscribed on it. I then got up and went to the large waterbutt in the bathroom and poured myself a glass of water.

I took my drink over to the large chaise. I sat down and heard the sound of silk stockings and petticoats zipping as I crossed my legs and fluffed out the shirt to fall gracefully around me. I lifted the hem of the shirt nearly to the top of my knees and marveled at my now feminine legs. I could see why men found legs so attractive, I thought as I then swished the floor length silk skirt back down. I took a large drink of water and swallowed.

As the warm wave of femininity soothed over me I began to wonder what my life would have been like had my mother and Auntie, not been so bent on feminizing me and determined to make me someone Lord’s wife and I could have lived as a boy. But that seemed so long ago, I had changed so much in such a short time looking back was a waste of time. Dramatic changes, reality changes, life changes.

I fully realise that, that part of me is over with. I am Allyson Sophié Rachélle Marcéau-Chantil that other part of me was gone forever!

The liquid swirled as I downed the last of the water from the glass. I then went to the bathroom with wiggling hips, clicking on my heels as my flowing dress swished around my ankles and rinsed out the glass then set it back inside on the rack. I then swished across to the stern windows and pulled the curtains open to let in the strong morning sun, then gathered the floor length silk skirt and petticoat up so I wouldn’t trip almost as a reflex action, and walked back to the chaise.

Lisele through all my day dreaming had removed herself to finish her own dressing and had come back with a light repast of oatmeal, ships biscuits and cheese, which we tucked into, waiting to see if the Purser would arrive with any news for us.

Just as we finished up with our small breakfast, there was a knock on the door which Lisele jumped up to open. There is full Officers uniform of white breeches and blue topcoat stood the Purser, Mr. Harris, broad brimmed hat perched on his head, bidden to enter he strode in and bowed to me while I was seated at the table, saying “Mistress Allyson I have come bearing news of what was decided after last nights tragic events.”

“Please make yourself comfortable Mr. Harris and do have a seat, so we can hear what has been decided upon.” He removed his hat setting it down carefully on the table.

Taking a seat with a heavy sigh he began, “Lieutenant Hastings has taken command through normal command regulations. He has ordered a change in course to the British governed island of Bermuda, so that this situation may be decided upon by the company Owners. There is a telegraph station in Hamilton that may be used to communicate with them in Liverpool. The cable being laid some four years ago across from the Americas to England. We will stay in Bermuda for some days waiting for them to come to some decision about the unfortunate events that have transpired aboard the Acies.”

‘Really how long will a telegram take to reach them in England?” I asked because this was all new to me, although I had heard the news of the lying of the cable some time ago.

“We have figured for four days, but it could be longer. About a day for the telegram to be passed from station to station, and reach England then a day for them to decide what needs to be done and another day for their reply to return to us and a day for any delays. Mr. Blythe will be held until we receive word of the Owners decision. We may have to try him while in Port Hamilton or hand him over to the Admiralty for trial we don’t know yet. The Admiralty maintains a station close by Government House in Hamilton. And there are always Royal Navy ships in port there.”

“And we should reach Bermuda when Mr. Harris?” I asked uncertain how far away we actually were.

“We should raise Bermuda in two days and be moored in Pitt’s Bay by midmorning.” He replied. “Your status hasn’t changed one bit Allyson, Lt. Hastings is a long standing member of this ship’s company and he feels as does the crew, that we are fortunate to be rid of Captain Long and Brandt. And the crew contends that it was lucky for all to be rid of them, however unlucky for Blythe it turns out to be.”

So I would have two days to figure a way to get Blythe off of these charges of murder, I didn’t hold much hope out. For once the Owners were contacted and the Admiralty got involved there was no hope. This really was unjust and Captain Long and Brandt should have been the one’s to go on trial, for being so cruel and tyrannical to this crew, in my opinion.

I would have to speak with Mr Blake tonight when I walked on deck. He might be willing to help.

To be continued…

Good, Bad or Ugly I would like to hear your thoughts and feelings about this story.

I’ve been writing this for the past few years and editing it now for posting here on BCTS, so my opinion is slightly biased. I’ve enjoyed its creation and metamorphosis into what you are reading here.

But I really need some feedback as to what others think of it and whether it is enjoyable to read or just a chore for you, the readers.

I’ve become very thick skinned over the years so you will not shock me or make me angry. But I do need to hear from you. Even those of you who are guests can leave a comment. It’s allowed here!

Please leave a comment. I’ll even add a pretty please with sugar on top.

Danielle

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Blythe

I too am on the fence about Blythe. I'm not convinced one way or the other as to whether Allyson's plan will work or that it will not work and he will end up being handed over to the Admiralty in Bermuda.

I usually am in favor of an eye for an eye, but I would be interested to see what the other readers think.

Should Allyson's plan for Blythe succeed or fail? Can she really get him off the charges he faces or can he, with her help escape the grizzly retribution of the admiralty?
Choices ... Choices...

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

Mistress of the Wardrobe Part 9

I hope that Blythe is spared any punishment for what he did. Some how, I have the feeling that the telegram was worded in a way to make him a hero.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

there you go Stan jumping

there you go Stan jumping ahead in the story. Like a flower, in order to see all it's beauty you have to wait until all the pedals are opened.

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

So many things to compliment

Ultimately, I can only say that I am glad, very glad to see this story continuing. I think it is a good story and you are telling it wonderfully. Please continue...
or I shall fall on the floor, stick out my tongue, cry and hold my breath until my face turns blue. ;-)

Joani

Dance, Love, and cook with joy and great abandon

Thank You

Thank You for those kind comments! And I don't think even if you looked very attractive in blue that I would want you to turn Blue !

So Yes, this story will continue, as soon as possible. I do apologize for the long absence, but you know life has the darnedest habit of getting in the way of what we really want to do.

But for you Joani...anything as long as you refrain from turning blue..Please

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

Nice to see the new chapter

littlerocksilver's picture

I think I see another use for Fire Que.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

It could work

The sailor was described as quite small and agile. Despite the lash scars he might make a convincing female, perhaps a loyal and beloved servant girl to the ladies? I forget, does the Fire Cue have a restorative action, IE might it lessen or remove most of the scars?

It might be a way to save his life if he will agree and the crew all agree to say the murderer went mad and jumped overboard to his death rather than surrender. he would never be a father or a mother if the doctor is right about how Fire Cue works but she could have a satisfying life, maybe even love. That's far preferable to hanging.
Pity they couldn't get away with the simple lie of the Captain and First Mate fell overboard in the storm? Struck by lightning perhaps? A rogue wave?

Now what to do about the shady doctor who I assume knew all about the captain and his equally loathsome First Mate.

Hum First Mate sure has a different meaning in THIS story.

-- grin --

Actually I think there is another candidate for the Fire Cue, the doctor. Make sure he gets a really big dose. Plus the addictive drugs as well.

And what of the vile mom and aunt he fled causing him to fall into this velvet cage of a life? Will our heroine ever get justice?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Thank you,Danielle,

ALISON

'this is a beautiful story and the increasing femininity of Allyson is so very well drawn.
I don't like Blythe's chances but we will see.

ALISON

Blythe's Fate

If something similar was to happen today, I am sure a verdict of mental incompetency would be rendered quickly. Our system is quite different than the British rules of the time.
I'm sure Lisele would be right, regardless of the cruelty of the Captain and the First Mate (Mate, indeed!).
I don't know what Allyson has planned, but I think that it would be convenient if Mr. Blythe were to "accidentally" escape custody, perhaps into the hands of someone who could help him recover? Whether it is acknowledged or not, he has truly done the crew a great sevice. The murder of these two cruel and inhuman monsters by one whom they have pushed beyond his capacity, well, yes it was wrong. But who knows who would have been their next target? And it must be admitted that there WOULD have been a next target. And a next.

Wren

Whatever Allyson has planned

Wren

Whatever Allyson has planned or wants to plan I'm sure that under the British Code of conduct of the time there would be no leniency given, if you read anything on this subject you will soon come to the conclusion that the 'Rules' were intractable and absolute. mental incompetency wasn't even considered a defense until much later.

I'm also sure that had this 'removal' of the Captain and First Officer not taken place then indeed there would have been further instances of cruelty and injustice, I'm just glad I don't have to write them! Some parts of this tale were extremely had to put down on paper, and I'm just glad that it passed quickly and I can now move on to other less disagreeable aspects of Allyson and Lisele's journey into femininity.

Thank You for reading and also for commenting, as always you manage to shine a different light on things. From another's eyes comes another view point.

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

Mistress of the Wardrobe

As I have commented, my male self spent 14 years at sea as a ship's officer and ultimately as Captain. However, I never managed to sail on a ship like this one ! ! ! A wonderful story if at times unrealistic about what happends on a ship! It doesn't detract from the story however.........WONDERFUL

Lynne Blyth