Rebirth Part 17

Printer-friendly version


Rebirth Part 17

By, Cain129
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!

Synopsis:The time has come for Sarah and Steve to take down there enemies, but things are not always as they seem are they ready for the job that lays ahead of them, only time will tell.

--SEPARATOR--
 

[*][*][*]

 


Chapter 38

 

[*][*][*]

 
I arrived home after spending the day with my friends, it had been a fun day for all of us. After everyone had left, I decided to boot up my computer and see if there were any messages from Steve. We had chosen to keep in touch with each other using the internet. I was surprised to find that there was a message waiting for me from Steve. I clicked on the message and opened it up.

The message was pretty much straight to the point, Steve was never the kind for wasting time.

Found the new facility, it’s pretty secure going to make a move on it for tomorrow at 11pm, Make sure you come prepared. I will be waiting near the entranced.

Below the message was an address which I wrote down, then picked up my phone and called Adam, hoping that he would have it on. It rang a few times before he answered.

“Hey baby, how’s my girl?”

I smiled,” I am doing pretty good honey but I need a favor.”

“What do you need, Sarah?”

“I need your car for tomorrow night, Steve and I are finely making our move.”

“I will drive you there myself.”

“You don’t have too, Adam, Steve and I will be alright.”

“I am not worried about Steve, you need someone there if everything goes to hell”

“Alright, but I want you wait with the car, if anything happens be ready”

“How about I skip school tomorrow and we can spend the day together?”

I smiled to myself, “I would like that Adam.”

Adam and I talked for the next couple of hours, about everyone and everything. I was hoping after tomorrow that the two of us could go back to being normal kids again and how much that he meant to me. I really didn’t know how things were going to go tomorrow and felt it was important that he knew that I truly loved him and was happy that the two of us had found one another.

After the call ended I picked up the phone and called Megan and told her what was going on, she was worried that something was going to go wrong, I told her that I was also but this was something that I needed to do, I was tired of running and wanted to get my life back. She wanted to come along but in the end I told her that it was too dangerous and that I really couldn’t live with myself is something happened to her.

I asked her to do me one more favor before we ended the call and that was too go over too my parents place, I needed to talk to them and didn’t want to risk talking over their phone, Sarah said Alright and she would call me in a few minutes then I told her that I loved her as we ended the call.

 

[*][*][*]

 
I went into the kitchen and took a coke out of the fridge grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry and filled up a bowl and sat them down on the table. I turned on the radio and listened to it for awhile until my phone rang and it was mom on the other end.

“Mom, it’s so good to hear your voice, I miss you much.”

“It’s good to hear you too baby, how are you doing, are you alright?”

“I am fine Mom, just missing you and Daddy.”

“Your Father and I miss you too baby, please come home.”

“I will be home soon, Mommy, It’s almost over now. If everything goes as planned I maybe home, tomorrow.”

“Just be careful, Sarah, and come home to us.”

“Is Daddy there?”

“Yes, Baby. He is standing here beside me”

“Can I talk to him?”

 

[*][*][*]

 
There was a few seconds of where the phone went dead, then I heard his voice.

“Hi Daddy, How are you doing?”

“I am doing alright, just happy to be able to talk to you, how have you been?”

Sorry that I couldn’t stay in touch more, there has been so much going on, but I am alright, Steve and I are making our move tomorrow night, if things go well. I maybe coming home soon.

“We will be happy when your home and put all of this insanity to rest.”

“I will too, Daddy, it’s been so hard being away from Mom and you.”

“You left to protect us, Sarah, we understand why you left.”

“I got to go Daddy; if everything goes as planed I will be home tomorrow. I love you Daddy and give mom a kiss for me."

“Goodbye, Baby, I love you too," Daddy said as he ended the call.

 

[*][*][*]

 
It as a pretty quiet night for me and I mostly spent it playing around on the computer and listening to the radio. Eventually though, the boredom started to get to me and I decided to call it a night and within minutes I was fast asleep.

That night, my dreams were pretty messed up. I dreamt that Anna had killed everyone that I loved, and all that I could to is sit and watch, no matter how hard that I tried to move my body would not obey me.

I woke up completely soaked in my own sweat, I knew that it was just a dream, but, I was scared half to death. I slowly pulled myself out of bed and made my way into the bathroom and ran my hands under the cold water and drenched my face with the cold water, trying to rinse the redness away. I have had dreams before, but nothing really compared to this one.

I made my way into the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee and took a seat at the table, looking over at the clock, it was still pretty early, it was 5:A.M., I knew though that I wouldn’t be going back to bed anytime soon. ' I was never really a coffee person, but needed it this morning.' I thought to myself as I took a drink.

 

[*][*][*]

 


Chapter 39

 

[*][*][*]

 
I tried to put the nightmares behind me and get ready for my morning run. As I made my way around the lake, I felt a calmness fall over me and could feel the stress that I had been carrying slowly dissolve. Normally, I would just run for an hour, but today, I felt like taking it a little further, so I stripped down and took a swim.

The water was a little cold at first, but it didn’t take long for me to adjust to it. Before long, I was swimming laps across the lake and back. Well, it was just the one lap, and it was a big lake. After I finished, I decided that I had enough and just relaxed and let the water carry me for a bit.

When I finely made my way inside, it was 7:30A.M. The first thing that I did was run a nice hot bath and soaked for a bit, then spent the next hour getting dressed and doing my makeup and hair. I went pretty light on the makeup, considering I didn’t really have any plans for most of the day anyway.

Most of it was going to be spent with Adam, then I would meet Steve at 11:P.M., and the two of us would make our move on the facility, . But that was tonight and I didn’t want to even think about it. For the time being, I just wanted to be a normal girl, spending the day with the boy she loved. I could worry about everything else, later.

 

[*][*][*]

 
It was around 9:30A.M. when Adam arrived, it felt nice being in his arms again as he kissed me. The two of sat outside on the porch swing and he just held me as I curled up next to him with my head on his shoulder.

“I miss this Adam.”

“What do you miss, Honey?”

“I guess everything, it’s just nice having you here with me," I said with a smile.

Adam looked over at me, “It’s been hard on the both of us, Sarah. And there are times that I wonder if things will ever be normal between us.”

“I guess that I do carry a lot more baggage then most girls.”

“Yeah, Sarah. I can handle it, maybe after today we can get rid of some of it.”

“I hope so, Adam. But what will you if it doesn’t workout as planned?”

“If it doesn’t workout, then the two of us will leave town together. I know the risks, but I would rather face the risks with you then being without you.”

“Alright, Adam. I am not going to fight with you, because I don’t want to be without you either, but somehow I will find a way to get through this, tonight.”

 

[*][*][*]

 
Adam and I spent most of the morning just hanging around the cottage, we talked mostly and just enjoy each others company. At around noon, we went inside and I made up a light dinner for the two of us. I made us up some fish and chips, they were delicious, considering that they came out of a box. After the two of us ate, I washed the dishes while Adam dried them.

After we finished up, Adam suggested that the two of us go for a drive. I had been at the cottage all morning, so I jumped at the idea for sometime away. So a few minutes later, Adam and I were in his car.

Adam looked over at me then said, “Is there any where special you want to go?”

“It’s pretty hot, let’s head down to the beach.”

“Alright, Sarah. If that is where you want to go.”

It was a short ride to the beach, and most of the way there, I had a strange feeling that someone was following us. But when I looked into the mirror, I didn’t really see anything. Maybe I was just being paranoid, but Steve had taught me to listen to what my body was telling me, and something didn’t feel right.

Adam looked over at me, “Is everything alright?”

I didn’t want to worry him it could have just been my mind working overtime, “Yes, I guess that I am just a little worried about tonight.”

“Try not to think about it, worrying about isn’t going to do you any good”

“I know, but it’s easier said then done.”

 

[*][*][*]

 
As the two of walked along the beach, Adam took my hand and the two of us walked along the waters edge. I removed my sandals and walked in the wet sand. I would have loved to have gone into the water, but hadn’t brought my bathing suit with me and there were really too many people around to risk skinny dipping, although, I am sure that Adam wouldn’t have minded seeing me in my birthday suit.

Eventually, the two of us found a nice secluded place along one of the many trails that had a park bench. I took a seat next to him and he put his arm around me, I couldn’t help but cuddle into him and placed my head against his shoulder.

He looked down at me then pulled me closer, it wasn’t long before he was kissing me and I found my arms around his neck kissing him back with just as much passion as he was showing me.

When he finely pulled away, he looked over at me, ”I love you, Sarah.”

I smiled then lead over and gave him a kiss, “I love you more,” I said with a smile.

“Promise me that whatever happens, Sarah, that we will be together.”

“Don’t worry, if I have to leave, you and I will leave together.”

“Good, because I don’t want to be without you,” Adam then leaned over and he kissed me again.

The two of us just stayed there for God knows how long, just holding one another. There was an old couple that passed us, they had to be in there 60’s, I could see the smile on her face when she saw us together.

I thought to myself,'How cool it would be for Adam and me too grow old together like that old couple had done.', When I looked over at Adam, I thought, 'That kind of love was still possible, even in this day and age. Although most people choose to leave, rather then face their problems.'

"Penny for your thoughts," asked Adam,

”I was just thinking about that old couple, do you think that kind of love is still possible?”

“Anything is possible if both people really want something,” Adam said with a smile

“I guess your right, Adam. Most of the people have problems, but don't find a way to work them out. It scary how many people just leave at the first sign of trouble.”

Adam looked over at me and pulled me closer and kissed me,  

I smiled and kissed him back, ”Good, because I would really hate to hunt you down.”

 

[*][*][*]


Chapter 40

 

[*][*][*]

 
The day had gone pretty fast, after we left the beach, the two of us went into town and had a nice super together. It was so much fun being able to spend the day with the man that I loved.

After supper the two of us returned to the cottage and one thing let to another and before I knew it, Adam and I were making love. When the two of us were completely spent, he just held me and the two of us laid there for what seemed like hours talking to and caressing one another.

 

[*][*][*]

 
It was around 10:P.M. when I finely had to get out of bed, I took a quick shower and then started getting dressed, Steve had bought various items for me while he was here, helping with my training. One of them was a black jumpsuit that had lots of pockets for holding various items. After I put the jumpsuit on, I went over to the closet and took out my black duffel, inside it was all the tools that I would need. There was one item inside that I truly hated and hoped that I would never have to use, but I was glad that it was there all the same.

I reached inside and pulled out my holster that held the gun that Steve had bought me it was a Glock 17. It was a powerful weapon and being semi automatic, meant I just needed too load the clips and it was ready for use.

I took the gun out of it holder and inserted the clip then placed it back and placed the extra clips into another pocket. On the other side of the holster was on another pocket that held a knife, there was also a pocket to hold a radio which I inserted and plugged in the earpiece so that Steve and I would have two way communication.

“Do you really need all that stuff, Sarah?” asked Adam

“I have no idea, Adam. I have no idea what I am up against. It’s best to be prepared.”

Adam frowned, “I still don’t like the idea of you going in alone.”

“I am not going to be alone; Steve will be there with me Adam.”

“I still don’t like it, Sarah. What if something goes wrong?”

“Nothing is going to go wrong, I’m sure that Steve has a plan once we are in. What would you have me do?”

“We can just leave, Sarah. We have the files and we can send them to the press.”

"Yes, we could do that Adam. But how long do you think it will take them to start the program again under another name? Do you want to be running for the rest of your life with me? They are not going to let me go, and eventually, they will find us. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in hiding, I want to be with my family and friends and I want to marry the man that I love."

“Alright, Sarah. I understand. But I don’t have to like it.”

“I don’t like it, either, Adam. But this is the way it has to be.”

 

[*][*][*]

 
I walked over and picked up my cell phone and dialed Megan’s number. It rang a few times before she answered.

”Hi Sarah, what are you up to?”

“I am just getting ready to meet Steve, it’s time to start sending out the files.”

“I will make the calls and let everyone know, the press should have the files within the next couple of hours. Be careful tonight, I love you sis.”

“I love you too, Megan. I will talk to you later and thanks.”

After I ended the call to Megan, I turned to Adam, “We better get going, Honey.”

 

[*][*][*]

Adam and I arrived at the location where Steve had told me to meet him, but didn’t seem very impressed when he saw that Adam was with me.

Steve looked over to me then Adam, “I told you to come alone, Sarah.”

“I know, but it couldn’t be helped. I needed a ride and he insisted on waiting.”

“Alright, let get going then.”

I walked over to Adam and said,"I will see you when it’s over with.”

Adam leaned over and gave me a kiss while at the same time he slipped his cell phone into my pocket, ”Just in case you need me”, he said looking worried.

“What was that about?” asked Steve

“Nothing, he was just saying 'good luck'.”

Steve and I made our way through the woods, the trees provided us with pretty good cover, making it hard for anyone to see our approach. Eventually we made it too a fence.

“Don’t touch the fence, it’s electric, there is enough power to knock you out.”

I looked over at Steve, “How are we going to get past it?”

“Very carefully.”

Steve reached into his knapsack and took out a pair of cutters and used them too cut enough of the fence so that the two of us could make it through. Then I followed him, he seemed too know exactly where he was going.

“How did you find out about this place Steve?”

“I have a friend on the inside who feeds me information, when I need it.”

“How reliable is this information?”

“It’s legit, he has helped me in the past, and I have never had a problem with him.”

"OK."

"Yhis is where we split up, we need too hit the lab and the server at the same time, I will take care of the server and you will take the lab, turn on your radio on and wait till I contact you."

“I will see you when we're done, good luck.”

“Remember what I taught you and you will be alright," Steve said with a smile, he then made his way toward the other side of the building.

 

[*][*][*]

 
There was a security system on the door, so the first thing that I needed to do was to disarm it long enough so that I could make it inside the building. I reached into my knapsack and took out my tools and within a few minutes, I had disabled the door and made my way inside the building.

I had memorized the blueprints that Steve had sent me, so I pretty much knew where I needed to go. I needed to make it to the third floor, but couldn’t take the elevator because it was key coded. So that left me with taking the stairs, once I was on the third floor, I would have too disable the lock to gain entrance.

Like I had expected, there was a couple of guards monitoring each floor, and camera’s that needed too be temporary disabled. The first camera that I came to was on a motion tracker. So I had to wait till it was pointed away, then I ran right up underneath it, waited then used made my move the rest of the way until I had made it safely around the corner and straight into an armed guard that I took by surprise.

I could see he was going for his gun, but I was faster and grabbed my tazer and stepped into him with it. The charge from the tazer was enough to knock him to his feet and I quickly used a move that Steve had taught me to choke him out.

Once that I was sure that he was out cold, I dragged his body to a closet and used his own handcuffs to secure him, while at the same time, taking his radio and key card. I placed the radio on the other side of the room, then left him to sleep it off and made my way to the stairs.

A few minutes later, I was on the third floor. I used the key card that I had taken off of the guard to open the door. Like the previous floor, there was a camera, except this one over looked the stairs and would be more of a challenge to bypass. So I made a leap of faith and ran for it, then used my camera to take another picture and placed the picture in front of the lenses.

As I got closer to the lab, I noticed that there was a guard outside of the lab. I needed to take him out before I could make it to the lab. I reached into my bag and pulled out a flash grenade, I needed to act fast so he wouldn’t have time to call for help.

I threw the grenade across to him and it went off, temporarily blinding him. I made my move and was on him so fast that the first thing I did was us my tazer as I had done to the other guard. I choked him out, too.

The coast was clear and I made my way inside. Something wasn’t right though, this was the place that Steve had given me to go to, but this wasn’t lab. It was at that moment that I heard yelling coming from the inside of my head telling me to get down. I listened and dropped too the floor fast only to see a dart fly past my head.

When I turned around, it was Steve, but there was a vacant look in his eyes. He had missed me, but instead of stopping went for his gun. I was too far to do anything and did the only thing that I could do, beat him to my own gun.

I aimed for his shoulder. I didn’t want to kill him, I just wanted to stop him and it worked, I was able to get my shot off first. Steve went down hard. I made my way over to him and kicked his gun away. Then I bent down beside him and said two words,”Why Steve?”

 

[*][*][*]

 

End of Part 17

To be continued in part 18

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Betrayal sucks

Now she will have to send in her nanites to take out the bad nanites in Steve.

Kim

Rebirth Part 17

That question just might bring him back.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine