Rebirth Part 16

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Rebirth Part 16
By Cain129



Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!!

Synopsis:Sarah finely meets with Steve Granger, and has to admit he is not quiet the monster that Anna’s files said he was and over the next three months Steve trains Sarah and helps her hone her skills. The time has finely come for Sarah and Steve to take back their lives.

--SEPARATOR--

[*][*][*]

 

Chapter 36

 

[*][*][*]

It had been a long road up to this point and also a lot of sweat and tears, but I felt ready to take the fight to the enemy with the training that I received from Steve. I felt more competent knowing that I could take care of myself without having to depend on the nanites. Training with Steve also help me learn to control them better, so that when I did use them, it was less draining. But even so, it was still along road ahead of me if I was ever to completely master them.

Steve had packed up his bags and said that he would be in contact with me in a few days. He said that there was someone that he needed to talk to and had information on the super soldiers program and it’s possible location.

[*][*][*]

  
After Steve left, I picked up the phone and gave Adam a call. I had been missing him terribly and really wanted to see him, but there was no answer. So I dialed Megan’s cell.

"Hey Sarah, what’s up she asked?"

“Not much, Sis. Just bored, you feel like getting together and doing something?”

“Amy, Jessica and I were planning on taking in a movie later, Sarah you welcome to join us.”

“Sounds like fun, but its an awful long ways for you to travel just to pick me up, Megan.”

“Not really, there are theaters near you and they’ll be happy too see you, Sarah.”

“I’ll call them and tell them that we're doing a road trip; see you around noon.”

“Alright, Megan. I will talk to you later, love you.”

“Love you too, Sarah; see you in a bit, bye.”

 

[*][*][*]

 
After getting off the phone, I had a few hours to kill, so I put on my track suite and headed outside for a run around the lake. After spending the last few months with Steve, the morning runs had become part of my normal routine. I found that it was also a great way to clear my mind, because when I ran, it took me my mind off the insanity that had been my life. And during those runs, I thought about easier times when I was truly happy.

I had spent most of my life until recently as a guy that hated life, but I felt truly complete now, and even with all the insanity that was going on around me, I wouldn’t trade what I had gained for the world. And somehow I knew that the end of all this was near and I would be able to go home, soon.

After finishing my run, I had a quick bath, then spent the next hour doing my makeup, hair and getting dressed. Not that it really took that long, but I wasn’t really in a hurry. I still had time to kill before the girls arrived, so I was just pretty much trying to keep busy. After I finished up, I went downstairs into the kitchen and made up a quick breakfast, it really wasn’t anything special, just a bowl of raisin brain, toast and a glass of orange juice.

[*][*][*]


Chapter 37

[*][*][*]

 
Meanwhile, across town in her new lab, is Anna. She is sitting at her desk, working on the computer when her phone rings. She reaches over and looks at here phone seeing that the call is from her secretary, she answer it.

“Yes, Brenda?”

“Anna, your Daughter Carol is here. Should I show her in?”

“Thanks, Brenda. Send her in.”

Anna got up and met her daughter as she came into the office and met her with a hug.

"Sorry I couldn’t come sooner, Mom, but I have some good news. Steve Granger is in custody. We caught him this morning, you were right about James Marsden. He was the mole that was feeding Steve the information. I had a team watching him when Steve made contact."

“Where is Steve Granger?"

“He’s in a cell, sleeping off the effects of the drugs we shot him with.”

“I want him brought to my lab, Carol. Make sure is stays unconscious.”

“Alright, Mom, but what do you have in mind?”

“I am going to send him after Sarah Tanner.”

“Mom, we can’t control him, how do you know he won’t turn on us?”

Anna walked over and took a vile out of the cooler and walked over to her daughter and smiled, ”Inside this bottle is my latest invention, they are the same nanites that were injected into Sarah Tanner, accept I am going to use these to destroy the ones that Steve has. And once I finish with Steve, he will do anything that we tell him to do."

“We should question him, Mom, there maybe others helping him besides James Marsden.”

“You’re right, Carol. But once we inject him, he will tell us everything he knows.”

“Alright, Mom. Give me a half hour and I will have him brought up.”

After Carol left, Anna walked back over to her desk and with a smile she said too herself, 'It's payback time, bitch!' then started working on programming the nanites.

 

[*][*][*]

 
It was around 12:P.M. when Megan, Jessica and Amy arrived. It was still too early too catch the movie, so I invited them inside. It had been a couple of weeks since I had seen Jessica and Amy. So they filled me in on all the local gossip that I had missed and asked me all kinds of questions about what I had been up to.

I told them about my training with Steve and all the different things he had taught me. Amy had always wanted too take some courses in self defense and asked me to show her a few things. Most of the stuff that I showed her was pretty basic, but she seemed pretty impressed and tried copying what I had shown her, she caught on pretty fast and wanted me to teach her more once my life got back to normal.

Jessica on the other hand, was more interested in boys then martial arts, she pretty caught up on this new guy that she had just started dating. His name was Scotty. He was a musician of all things, and the two of them had met at the 'Bronx' which was a bar that was opened to teens on Wednesday nights.

Is is a pretty popular place, not that I had been there, but I planned on checking it out sometime. Megan and Bobby were still pretty much an Item, and I was really happy for her. She seemed to have found herself someone a lot like Adam, I really hoped that it worked out for the two of them.

 

[*][*][*]

 
The movie turned out to be a bomb, and a good waste of money. It was one of those comedy’s that spent way to much time trying to be funny and had really no story line. But we did have a good time and lots of laughs about how bad the movie was.

Rather then retuning to the cottage, the four of us hit the shops along the board walk and went on a shopping spree. There was a jewelry booth where I saw this beautiful necklace that was of a white dove, I loved it from the start. The price on it was $15.00. So, I bought it and Jessica helped me fasten it. Megan, Amy and Jessica ended up buying a few things also while we were there.

We eventually ended up at one of the many surf shops and soon found ourselves sorting through all the different swimsuits. Amy found this nice black Bikini and said that it was prefect for me and with the insistence from Megan and Jessica, I ended up buying it. Don’t get me wrong, I really liked it myself, but could have just gone with a one piece, but I knew which one Adam would like best.

 

[*][*][*]

 
Anna watched as Steve Granger was brought into her Lab, following close behind was Carol. Steve was still out cold from the drugs that they had giving him, but just as a precaution, he was also strapped down on the stretcher, that was Carols idea.

She knew that there was always the possibility that Steve would wake up, any normal person would be out for days but those damn nanites had enhanced his body so much that what worked for most people wouldn’t work for Steve Granger.

After they finished moving Steve, Anna walked over to Steve with a needle and injected him with it, then turned to her daughter Carol, "This will paralyze him. We need him awake for what is to come next."

She then picked up another needle and injected the contents into his arm and turned to Carol and smiled, "It will take about 15 minutes for the nanites to do the job. We might as well grab a coffee, he is going no where."

Carol and Anna headed down to the cafeteria leaving Steve with couple of guards.

After the two of them were seated, Carol turned to her mother, “I really think using Steve is a mistake, we should just terminate him.”

I know how you feel, Carol. But ever since Sarah escaped, she has been evading us. She is smart, that little goose chase in Toronto was brilliant. Our operatives were running all over the city and what did we find? A 15 year old girl with her bank card. No Carol, we need Steve, he has been on the run for years and knows all the tricks.

Alright, Mom, maybe your right. But I really think we need too rethink what wee doing here. First Steve, and now Sarah, both turned out to be failures and this time it, almost cost you your life. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you, Mom.”

Anna reached over and took her daughters hand, “I am not going anywhere, Honey.”

Carol looked at her mother, “I hope not, Mom, but I have a bad feeling about all this.”

I know Carol; it’s almost over with, once we take care of Sarah.”

Anna looked at her watch, “let’s get back to the lab it’s time to get started.”

 

[*][*][*]

 
After the two of them arrived in the lab, Anna walked over to her desk and grabbed another needle and injected Steve with it. Steve slowly started to come around once he was awake, he tried to move but found that he couldn’t.

“Relax, Steve. I gave you something to keep you under control. You’ve giving us quiet a run with three years of chasing you across the country,” Anna said with a smile.

“What are you going to do to me?" Steve asked in anger.

“We're going to let you go, Steve. We need you to take care of something for us.”

“What do you want me to do?”

"That’s not important, because after we are finished with you, its not like you are going to remember any of this anyway. But first, I want you too tell me everything that you have been up to and why you were trying to break into this facility."

“I am not going to tell you anything, Anna, and the last thing you’re going to see is my hands around your throat, squeezing the life out of you.”

“Is that the way you talk to all your ladies?" Anna asked with a sinister smile.

“Only to evil bitches like you, Anna.”

“Just for the record, Steve, you are not going to do anything when I am done with you. You will be nothing more then my own person puppet. You will do whatever I say. Now tell me what I want to know.”

Anna walked over too her desk and started typing commands into her computer and the next thing, Steve was screaming in pain. The pain only lasted a few minutes and after the pain was gone Anna walked over to Steve.

“Steve, why were you trying to break into this facility?”

“We were trying to take it down," Steve said in almost a comatose state.

Anna looked over at Carol then turned to Steve, "You said 'We’. Who is helping you?”

“Sarah Tanner," Steve said calmly.

“How do you know about Sarah?" asked Anna.

“She used your files to find me.”

"Very cleaver girl," Anna, then turned to her daughter, "I need you to put together a little surprise for Sarah, something tells me that she is going to be paying us a visit very soon," Anna said with a wicket smile.

Carol smiled, “It will be my pleasure, Mom” then left to make the arrangements.

Anna then turned to Steve and with a smile said, "Here are your orders Steve, You are to make contact with Sarah Tanner and tell here you found my lab. Tell her that the two of you are going to break in and take down the facility. You will bring her here where you will shoot her with this dart gun. The contents will knock her out and once she is out cold, you will bring her to this lab, do you understand your orders Steve?

"Yes Anna, I will do as you asked.”

“Good boy Anna said with a smile”

[*][*][*]

 

End Of Part 16

To Be Continued In Part 17

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rebirth Part 16

Very interesting how the forces are coming together for the Final Battle.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

"Thanks for editing?"

I counted four errors in the synopsis alone!

Story and editing

Geez, readers remember that these people who are sharing their stories for the most part are not all proffesionals! Be NICE okay!?
If you want a story written by a proffesional then go to a books store and purchase one around fifteen dollars or better, sheesh!

To me the story is just fine! So what, there are errors, big deal! The jist of the story is all there and to me that is what counts the most!

Vivien