Rebirth Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Rebirth Part 5

Rebirth Part 5

By Cain129
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!

Synopsis:After waking in a new body, Sarah starts accepting her new life and along the way gains a boyfriend and a new best friend, but also discovers shocking info that the real Sarah seen her death before it happened.


[-][+][-]


Chapter 12


[-][+][-]

I woke up at around 9:30 am, after a long restful sleep, most of my dreams involved a certain young man, whom I have become quiet fond of. I never really understood. I don’t think that I ever really understood love, yes I had been in relationships but to be honest I really don’t think love played a part in any of them.

If anything it was just a lonely man looking for companionship before. I would be lying if I said that I didn’t care for those people that I was with but caring for someone and really loving them are two separate things.

Last night I felt truly alive and happy beyond believe, I wonder if this was how the real Sarah felt or was I starting to fall for Adam on my own, to be honest I really don’t think it mattered who’s feelings were coming into play because whatever happened from here on It would be my choices that dictate where this relationship was going to go.

Looking over at the clock I decided that it was time to join the living and climbed out of bed then took a few minutes to make it and headed off to the bathroom and started filling the tub with water and bubble bath and started undressing. When the tub was full I climbed inside and laid back and relaxed. I thought about my childhood and how close John’s mother was to him.

Those memories were still painful; I had lost my mother 2 years ago from Alzheimer’s. The two of us had always been close and I think that deep down she always knew that John was not the real me but was unable to accept the truth, even though the proof was right in her face. Still she loved me and was always there to support me.

Toward the end was the hardest for me, though I went as often as I could to visit her, but she didn’t know who I was most of the time, there were short periods when she would have clarity and knew who I was but those moments became very elusive the closer she was to her death. When the call finely came in from the nursing home that mom was close to death and they didn’t think she would make it through the day.

I made the drive to the nursing home to see her one last time. They had her heavily medicate but something told me that she still could understand me. I told her that I loved her and that it was alright, she could go and that I would be alright. I leaned down and kissed her then left the room to give dad sometime alone with mom, an hour later mom left us.

I think that was the hardest day in my life, Dad had somewhat of a nervous breakdown at that point, leaving me to handle all the details and make the calls to family members, I found myself unable to grieve at first but the day of her funeral the floodgates finely opened.

While I was climbing out of the bathtub I wondered if mom was watching down on me and was happy for me. I pulled the plug in the tub and let the water start to emptying then went back to my room and started getting dressed, I just chose a pair of jeans and a tank top to wear.

Then after dressing I did my makeup lightly mostly just lipstick and a little mascara. I made my way down to the kitchen and found a note on the counter from mom, gone for breakfast with Elaine, Make yourself something up, I left $20.00 in your purse for later, love you mom.

Breakfast was not really much, I decided on cereal and a glass of orange juice, I would be getting together later with the girls and would grab something then. After I finished I rinsed the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher, and walked over to the phone and called Megan.

“Hey Sis, what are you up to”

“Not much, just finished breakfast and was going to give you a call.”

“Cool, so when did you want to get together with Amy and Jessica?”

“Anytime really, I was thinking it might be fun to hit the fair at Ryerson Park and maybe hit the mall.”

“Sounds like fun, so when do you want to leave for the fair?”

“Give me about 15 minutes Sarah and I will pick you up, then we can head over to get Amy and Jessica.”

“Alright Megan I will be waiting out front, see you then Sis. “

“See you, Sarah”

I spent the next 15 minutes, just relaxing on the couch reading a magazine then looked at the clock and made my way outside locking the door behind me. I only had to wait a few minutes before Megan pulled up in her mother’s car.

I climbed into the passenger side and put on my seatbelt. Then the two of us were off. Amy and Jessica were lived next to one another, so we met them out side of Amy’s house and waited. We didn’t have to wait very long before they were climbing into the back and the four of us were on our way.

Our first stop was at Starbucks, it was Megan’s idea, she felt it would be a good way for me to get used to Amy and Jessica. I had to admit that even with Sarah’s memories of them. I was still shy around new people, that was one of the characteristics that had kept John from building lasting relationships and it appeared to have followed me into my new life.

“How are you doing?”

“Alright just kind of lost, I remember the both of you but it hard to explain, it’s sort of like reading a story and knowing it from cover to cover but not experiencing it for yourself that is how my memory is most of the time”

“That must be confusing at times asked Jessica?”

“Yes but I am starting to get used to it, things could have turn out a lot worse”

“True you are lucky to even be alive; do you remember anything from the crash?”

“I had a nightmare the other night of the crash; it scared me half to death, I felt the crash the pain of hitting the windshield, it was really scary stuff."

“Well let’s put the crash and everything else behind us, and look towards the future," Megan said with a smile.

I wished that I could be honest with someone about what was really going on but knew that sharing the truth would be more trouble then I was worth, still I wish that I had someone that could help me figure things out.

“You must be happy about being back in school on Monday.”

“Yes it will be good to get back on with my life again.”

“When will you be able to come back as a cheerleader?”asked Jessica.

“It will be at least a couple of weeks before I can join you; I still have to see Dr. Picard for my follow up appointment and my stitches need too come out first.”

“It will be good to have you back, things haven’t been the same without you there."

“Yeah everyone is asking about how you’re doing, even most of the teachers having been asking," Amy said.

[-][+][-]


Chapter 13


[-][+][-]

After we finished our coffees at Starbucks, we made the drive to Ryerson Park. It took a few minutes but Megan eventually found a place to park and the four of us made our way to the park. There were people everywhere and lots of booths setup all over the place.

Some were selling jewelry, trading card and other stuff. I was the physic booth that caught Megan’s eye and she wanted us to go for a reading, as for myself I never really believed in that kind of thing but my friends on the other hand seemed interested in that sort of stuff.

So I went along for the ride and followed them inside. There was an old woman sitting behind a table, who welcomed us as we made our way inside her booth.

Over the never 20 minutes she did Megan’s, Amy’s and Jessica reading. Then she turned to me and said I see we have a specptic here, please take a seat and we will see what your future holds. She reached out and took my hand then said this is interesting,

“What is interesting?”

“With most people I only see one lifeline but with you I see two.”

I started too feel nervous that she was the real thing and was about too blow everything and tell everyone in the room my secret. She looked over at the other and said, what I have to tell her is personal would you mind waiting outside. When it was just the two of us she said.

“Your future is tricky, I see that you have faced death not one but twice.”

“You are not the original owner of this body are you?”

I didn’t know what to say or think with seconds. She new the truth about me, I could have denied it but what would that prove she was able to see right through me.

“I looked at her and said no I am not, and I have no idea why I am here”

“You were brought back for a reason child; I can’t really tell you what that might be unlike others your future is blurred for whatever reason you were brought back.”

“In time I believe you will find the answers that you are looking for. Just remember one thing nothing in life happens without a reason.”

“I can tell you one last thing you are being watched so be careful.”

“Who is watching me?

“I don’t know but be careful child.”

As I left the booth I was feeling completely lost what was going on how did she know these things about me, and one last quest, she said that I was being watched, but by who she had no answer for me. When I approached my friends they could tell what was wrong and Megan was the first to speak.

“What is wrong Sarah?

“She just told me a whole bunch of stuff that I only knew.”

“That is what she does," Megan said with a smile.

“I know but it still took me by surprise how much she got right”

“Enough of the supernatural unless it involves Dean and me," said Amy, referring to the TV Show Supernatural.

“Yeah lets get something to eat," Jessica said grabbing my hand and leading the way.

The girls knew that what I was told shook me up and wanted to take my mind of things; I just went along for the ride, and it didn’t take long and I was back to my normal self, The four of us went to one of the venders that was selling hamburgers, hotdogs, I ordered a hamburger and a coke, then join the others at the picnic table.

While I was talking with the girls my cell phone started ringing, so I reached into my purse and pulled it out when I seen the number, I knew that it was Adam.

"How’s my girl doing?”

“I am doing great honey, just hanging out with the girls, what are you up too?”

“Just missing you.”

“I smiled you seen me last night”

“I know Sarah, but I always miss you when we are not together.”

“Someone is a hopeless romantic.”

“Only for you baby”

“Can I see you later?”

I thought about it but wanted too spend sometime getting to know the girls better and as a guy, I was never able to experience life as a girl and this was a big part of it. So I told him what was going on.

“Sorry were doing a girls night, but if you really want to join us I am sure we can find something for you to wear, I said giggling”

“That’s alright; I just remembered the guys are playing poker.”

“You sure honey, I got the perfect outfit for you to wear.”

“No baby I think that I will pass, have a good time tonight’

“I love you Sarah”

“Love you too Adam," I said as I ended the call.

I thought about what Adam and said, did he really love me, or was it Sarah that he really loved life can be so confusing, but I loved him and that was good enough for me. I was pretty happy after talking with him and I think it showed

“God Sarah you are, so mean to him.”

I laughed,"Really? I did invite him. didn’t I?”

“You are lucky he is in love with you girl," Jessica said.

“They make a great couple, don’t they," Megan said.

“Yeah that is because there both nuts," Amy said, causing everyone to laugh.

It was around 4:P.M. when Megan dropped me off at home, she was going too pick me up for 7pm and Amy and Jessica were going too meet us at Megan’s house. I found Dad sitting on the couch and ran over and gave him a hug. Hi baby sorry I haven’t been around work has been keeping me busy; I had a lot to catching up to do.

“How’s my girl?”

“I am doing great Daddy; I am going too sleep over at Megan’s tonight.”

“Guess that you girls will be up most of the night then.”

“Yeah, not sure about myself though I still find myself tiring out pretty fast.”

“Well have fun tonight; feel like going for a drive with me.”

“Sure but I have to be back here for 7"P.M. that is when Megan is picking me up”

“Your grandparents have been asking about you.”

“I thought we drop over and visit for a bit.”

Dad and I arrived at Sarah’s grandparents at around 5 pm, I was nervous about meeting them for the first time, so much has been happening lately and I was finding it harder to hold things together, Yes I was happy for the most part but I also had all of John’s insecurities but I pushed his down as far as I could and walked through the door of my grandparents home and met by two very happy old people that were hugging me before I knew what had happened.

Daddy and I stayed for supper where I was answered all there questions, most of them were about the accident and my memories. I told them what I could and they seemed fine with that. After supper I joined grandma in the kitchen and helped her with the dishes while dad and grandpa talked in the living room.

“You seem so much different Sarah.”

“I guess in some ways I am different grandma”

“I can remember things now but, I don’t really now who I am anymore.”

“Give it some time, baby and try not to push your self so hard, you may never find the person you were but you still have your whole life in front of you.”

“I know Grandma but, I feel so guilty inside, Mom and Dad want their daughter back and I can’t bring her back, all that is left is me.”

“There is nothing wrong with you baby, you still are the same person you were before, do you love your parents?”

“Of course I love them.”

“Then that is more then enough baby, stop trying to be something your not and just accept what you have.”

“Thanks, Grandma I think that I needed that.”

Grandma and I joined Dad and Grandpa in the living room, I found myself warming to them Grandpa told some really funny stories, about how he had met Grandma, and it turned out that my great granddad didn’t like him. Which really made it hard for Grandma and him to date, but eventually Grandpa wore him down and was able to marry Grandma. It was nice visiting and when it was time for us too leave I gave them a hug and kiss, then said thank you too grandma.

“What was that about?"

“She helped me with some problems I was having.”

“Oh, is everything alright?”

“Yes daddy I am fine," I said leaning over and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

After arriving home I had and hour to kill so I went upstairs too my room and started packing up my overnight bag, and tried too think of what I would need, having never been to a sleepover before this was all new ground to me. So I decided on just the basics a change of clothes, a nightgown and I packed up my makeup, just in care it was needed. Once I had everything packed went over to my computer and booted it up and did a little searching around.

I googled brain transfer but found mostly science stuff that made little sense to me so then I typed in supernatural brain transfer and found nothing but a lot of crap on TV shows and comics, none of that would put me any closer to an answer.

If there was even on but the physic said that there was a reason for what happened I just needed to find it. I started thinking about outer body experiences what would happen to anyone that was in that state and there body died? Could that be the answer that somehow my conciseness found the first available body that was compatible? That seemed to make more sense then anything else so far but could it be proving.

Shutting down my computer, I took my knapsack downstairs along with my sleeping bag and set them next to the door and went into the kitchen and found Mom was sitting at the table doing a crossword, I walked over to the fridge and took out a can of coke and open, and took a seat across from mom.

“Where did Dad go mom?”

“He went over too your uncle Mason’s there playing cards tonight.”

“So it’s just you here tonight mom?”

“Your aunts Stella and Jean are coming over tonight, and were going to watch a movie and have a few drinks together.”

“Cool mom, I would hate seeing you home by yourself.”

“When is Megan picking you up?”

“Looking over at the clock, she should be here in about 15 minutes or so.”

“Well have a good time, tonight honey.”

“I will mom, and say hello for me to, Aunt Jean and Stella.”

“For sure baby.”

Megan arrived a few minutes later and the two of us were off her place, it was going to be an interesting night, and I was looking forward to spending time with my new friends. I guess that Grandma was right this was now my life and needed to accept it.

[*][*][*]


End Of Part Five

To Be Continued In Part Six

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Slight Problem with Time,

Sarah gets home around 4 PM, walks in, finds Dad on couch and hugs him. They exchange 9 sentences and decide to go to her Grandparents. I assume they take a little time getting ready; they arrive at around 5. OK, how long was the drive? I will guess that it takes 1/2 an hour.

Anyway, the four of them have supper and Sarah answers questions and tells of her memories and the accident. Note that there was conversation as opposed four people just eating with no talking; there seemed to be no rush. Sarah does dishes with grandma; they discuss Sarah's situation and Sarah gets advice. They join Dad and Grandpa in living room; Grandpa tells funny stories about his courtship of Grandma up to when they were married. This visit could easily have lasted two hours (more or less); Dad and Sarah drive home.

Maybe 3 hours later (from leaving at 4:30 PM) they arrive home and find it is only 6 PM. Why? While time might have run normally for Dad and Sarah; ie. their frame of reference had only normal Earth gravity and low accelerations (compared to approaching velocity of light in a vacuum); home might have been accelerated to near the speed of light then decelerated just as hard to return to the same place. No heat from air friction because the home was inside a force field. Yeah, right!

So, due to relativistic time dilation, time that passed at home was only 1 1/2 hours, but time with Sarah and Dad on their trip took 3 hours! Right? NO? OK, someone else do the math.

Still a nice story. 8D

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Rebirth Part 5

Hope she enjoys her new life

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine