Rebirth Part 3

Printer-friendly version


Rebirth Part 3

By cain129
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!


Synopsis:Life is never easy when you wake up in the body of 16 year old girl, and discover that not only do you have her memories but her feelings also.


Chapter Six

It was around noon by the time before I was aloud to leave the hospital, Mom and Dad had both made the trip to bring me home, they seemed excited but I felt nervous. I did not really know what to expect. I knew that it would be safe going home with them. They were pretty much my parents now and I knew that in there eyes I was there daughter but I was afraid of what was going to happen. The time that I spent with Adam had affected me more then I wanted to admit and if Sarah’s memories were starting to surface then what else could I expect. If I had access to her memories and even her feelings was she really gone or would she resurface and if she did what would happen to me.


[-][+][-]


I knew that whatever happened was a blessing, I had dreamed of being a girl all of my life, when it happened it was a dream come true. The cost through was immense not only had it cost me my life but that of a young Girl. That bothered me here I was living her life. Sarah was brain dead; when I took ownership of her body. Some how her body was repaired, then why am here and Sarah was not. I just could not make sense of what happened. There had to be an answer, nothing happens in this world without a reason.

I could not help but wonder if somehow, Sarah and I switched places and my body was somewhere on life support with her consciousness inside my body as mine was inside hers. Penny for your thoughts asked Mom.


[-][+][-]


I looked over at her and said,

“I just have a lot on my mind, so much has happened and I feel a little overwhelmed.”

“Anytime that you need to talk honey, I am here for you baby,”

“I know mom but this is something that I need to come to grips with myself.”

“You have always been that way honey, never wanting to accept help from anyone.”

“I will have to take your word for that mom, I do not remember much from before. The things that I do, well they scare me.”

“Why is that honey?”

“I just don’t know how to react. I had a visitor last night, it was Adam. When I seen him it triggered something inside me, I remembered him. He said that the two of us were in love, I believe him, because I could feel it inside. I don’t understand why I believe him and my own parents are a mystery to me!”

“It is all right honey,"  Mom said giving my hand a squeeze,  "You have been though so much. Your father and I understand, what happened is not your fault, you never asked for any of this. We will build new and better memories together.”

It felt good having someone that I could depend on. for the longest time, I felt cut off from the world and felt like there was nobody that really cared about me. Having someone tell that they really did care and was not going to walk away when things were tough touched my heart and I could not help not crying.

When I was a man, I hid my feelings and most of the time that worked, but something was different now, it was as if I had lost that ability and found myself more emotional.


[-][+][-]


It took another 15 minutes and we pulled into the driveway of what would be my home. It was a big house, and it appeared that my new family was well off money wise. Dad came around and helped me out of the car, while Aom carried in the knapsack that they had brought into the hospital for me.

As I walked through the door, I saw that the house was full of people, most of them were teenagers like me and it was a little overwhelming at first until I recognized one face in the crowd. It was Adam, and within seconds, he was at my side.

I smiled,  "Who are all these people?"

"Sarah Jessica Tanner, this is your life,"  Adam said corny smile.

The first person that I met was Megan, she was about my age. As soon as I saw her, I knew that they must have been close. It only took me a few minutes and her name came to me. Adam was about to introduce her to me but I beat him to it.

“It's Megan, right?”  I said with a smile.

“It must be pretty hard for you, not being able to remember.”

“Well, some things seem to be coming back so that is a good thing.”


[-][+][-]


It only took a few hours for me to meet everyone in the house, not that I would remember everyone. It was all so overwhelming being around all these people, especially for someone that was as antisocial as I used to be.

Sarah on the other hand was very outgoing, and from what I had seen today, she was very popular. It was going to be a challenge living her life, because our personalities were pretty much at odds with one another.

After everyone left, Adam and Megan stayed and the three of us went upstairs to my room, with Megan leading the way. My new room was had everything a teenage girl would want: the walls were all pink, there was a double bed that had plenty of room, a makeup table that looked to be well stocked,a desk with a laptop sitting on it, even had it’s own bathroom. But what caught my attention was there were a keyboard and an acoustic guitar. I turned to Adam,m  "A I any good?"

"You've just started taking lessons.”

“I will take that as a no.”

I thought of picking it up and playing something but it would have been too hard to explain. John played guitar most of his life and was good, but there was no way that I could explain Sarah being able to pick it up that fast, it was a shame.

I always loved playing music. I put down the guitar and walked over too the makeup table, and took a seat and looked at myself in the mirror,"God my hair looks terrible!"

“It is not that bad, Megan”

“Look where they cut me! I am bald! there is no way I can hide this!"  I frowned.

Megan came over and took a look and started playing around with my hair, moving it a round and trying out different things with it,“There is something we can try, when you are feeling up to it we can go to the mall. They sell clip on hair; maybe we can use it to cover it up.”

Adam came over,"That would work, but to be honest it makes no difference to me whatsoever; I would love you even if you were bald.”

I smiled, and could not help feeling the tears forming in my eyes. I looked over at him, I could really see why Sarah fell for Adam, any girl would be lucky to have him. He walked over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks Adam, that is sweet of you to say but I still want to try Megan’s idea.”

“I better get going, I have to be at work in about an hour. I will give you a call after school. If you are up to it, we can grab something to eat.

“That would be nice, Adam. Thanks for being here for me. I know things are messed up right now, and we really need to talk.”

“I know,"  said Adam sadly.


[-][+][-]


I felt bad for him, and knew what he was thinking, and to be honest I really was not sure if I was really for a relationship or if I was even emotionally capable of being in one. After he left, Megan and I talked for a while, but she could tell that I was getting tired and left after promising to call, tomorrow. I guess that I was tired out because a few minutes later, I was fast to sleep.


[-][+][-]




Chapter Seven




[-][+][-]


I found myself sitting in a car, I had been at a football game, and I was wearing this cheerleading outfit. I looked happy, was talking with Daddy about the game, and out of know where this car came speeding though the intersection and hit the passenger side of our car where I was sitting. I felt my body rocking back and forth then I hit the windshield hard and woke up screaming.

Mom came running into my room, followed by Dad. I am crying and shaking, Dad says,"It's all right.""It is just a dream, Baby,"  Mom says as she holds me. I find myself crying into Daddy’s shoulder as he tells me that I am safe and nothing is going to hurt me.

After I finely calmed down and tell them the whole story. Daddy looks at me,"Honey, you were remembering the crash, but you are all right now."

It felt so real, Daddy, I could feel the crash, and I could feel it when I hit the windshield."

"I know baby, but it is over with now."

“Honey you should get some sleep you have to be up early. I will stay with you, tonight.”

"Thanks, Mom."

Dad stood up,"Are you going to be aright, Sarah?”

“Yes.”

“I love you, Baby.”

“I love you too, Daddy,"  I said and actually meant it.

The nightmare did more then just scare me, it released all of Sarah’s memories and I could finely feel her emotions as if they were my own.

“Mommy I remember, I remember everything even the past! Please! Do not leave me; I don’t want to be alone!”

“I will stay, Baby,"  mom said as she climbed under the blankets with me.


[-][+][-]


The rest of the night, I slept peacefully. Maybe because I felt safe in my mother’s arms and as far as I was concerned she was my mother now. When I woke up, I found myself cuddled up close to her. As I started to move, she smiled,  “How is my baby this morning?”

“I am all right, thanks for staying with me last night, mom. I know at my age, you should not have to be doing that mom, but I really needed it.”

“It is all right, Baby; your father and I were expecting something like this to happen, eventually. No one goes though something like this is really the same,"  mom said then wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.

“I had better run a bath, I feel so skuzzy.”

“Alright Honey, I am going to get dressed and then put some breakfast on. It there anything special that I can get you?"  asked Mom.

“Eggs and Bacon sounds good, just do not make it like they do at the hospital. God! I hope I never have to eat there again.”


[-][+][-]


I started filling the tub up with water, there was a bottle of scented bubble bath setting there so I poured some into my bath, then got undressed. Today was really the first day that I was able to get a good look at my body, granted I have had it for about a week, but it was always so busy in the hospital and I had been pretty much bed ridden.

I had a nice body for the most part, if it was not for the bruises,. But most of those were faded now and soon would be gone altogether. It felt good having a nice soak, most of the time when I lived as John, I used the shower and was only in long enough, so that I was clean. I hated seeing my body even it was for a short time.

Having soaked for about a half hour, I reached down and pulled the plug the noticed the state of my legs, they really needed a good shaving as did my armpits. I placed the plug back in place and picked up the razor, and started on my left leg, going carefully not wanting to cut myself. When I finished, I moved on to the next one, it really wasn’t all that hard and by some act of God, I didn’t hit any major arteries, and lastly I used the razor under each arm removing what little hair that was there. Then I reached down, pulled the plug, and let the tub empty.


[-][+][-]


After I dried myself off, I went back to my room and started going through my closet and found a nice baby blue sundress, slipped it on, then moved over to my makeup counter. I had most of Sarah’s memories now, so I was hoping that they would help me when it came to doing my make up,. But most of those memories were somewhat detached, it felt to me like something that I read in a book and not really experienced for myself.

It took me three times but eventually I liked the results that I had seen looking into my mirror. There really was not much, which I could do about my hair. I just brushed it back the best that I could and used a Scrunchie to make a ponytail. That did the job and covered the bald spot completely.

I looked at my nails, then figured that I had plenty of time and took the pink nail polish and started working on my hands then moved onto feet, after I was finished I liked what I saw.

Then I look a look in my closet and found a pair of sandals a slipped them on my feet and headed downstairs into the kitchen.

I took a seat at the table, mom smiled,"You look good this morning,", as she sat a plate of eggs and bacon in from of me.

"Thanks, Mom. Is daddy already gone?"

"He left around 7:00 A.M. It takes forever to get into the city in the morning."

"OK."

“What are your plans for today?”

“I thought that I would just be staying in and watching TV, or playing on the computer. Why?”

“I was just thinking that it has been ages since the two of us spent a day together,'Mom said.

“What do you have in mind?”

“Well, I was thinking we could take a trip to the Spa and then grab a bite to eat.”

“Sounds like fun,"  I said and took a bite of my bacon.


[-][+][-]


Mom and I left around 10. She did not like driving when there was a lot of traffic on the roads.The ride into North Vancouver took us about 45 minute. It was a nice drive, I hadn’t been in the city very long, when I was living as John and pretty much only went between home and work whenever I did go out.

So it was nice seeing some of the sights. It was a nice day, so Mom had put the top down on her convertible. It felt good feeling the breeze hit me as we drove.


[-][+][-]


“You are being quiet honey,is there something wrong?”

“Everything is fine, Mom. I am kind of seeing everything here for the first time.”

In one sense, that was true. I knew that Sarah had made the trip to North Vancouver, but those were her memories, and now I was making some of my own.

“It is good to have you home.”

“It is just nice to be home, the hospital was a lonely place, especially not knowing anyone. What made it worse, was spending all that time in bed alone. I was confused and did not know what had happened to me. It was hard when you and dad visited me for the first time. It should not have been, but my memories were cut off from me. It was kind of like walking on eggshells, Mom. I was afraid of what to say, and I really did not want to hurt either one of you.”

“Honey your father and I understood. You need to know that when you died on the table that we just about lost it. Then by some act of God, you were giving back to us, granted you are different now. But your father and I understand you need to figure out who you are again. That is going to take time but there is no reason that you have to do it alone.”

“Thanks, Mom it helps knowing that I have you there.”

It only took another 15 minutes driving and we arrived at the Spa. It looked busy,"Mom are you sure they will take us? They look like there busy."

"I called yesterday and made an appointment for the both of us."

The first thing that I noticed when we went inside was the salon chairs, most of them were full with woman getting there hair done, some having manicures. There was even a strong smell, I remember from John’s childhood that my mother used to buy those home perm kits and I am sure that was what I smelled. Mom and I made our way over to the reception desk, where there was a woman working there.

"Good morning can I help you?"

“My daughter and I have an appointment for 11, Janice and Sarah Tanner.”

“We have a booth set aside for both of you, my name is Sally. I will be taking care of Sarah and Alice will take care of you, Janice. If you will follow me, we will get started.”

Mom and I followed Sally to a cubicle that had two salon chairs setup; there was another woman there that was sweeping up the hair that was on the floor who I assumed was Alice.

Sally turned to me,"Sarah, have a seat, and we can get started."

The other woman was indeed Alice, Mom took a seat in the chair next to me. Sally started removing my ponytail, when I told her to stop.

“What is wrong?”

“I recently had surgery and they had to shave part of my head”

“Let me take a look maybe there is something that I can do to cover it up”
“Alright but it looks bad. I am still not healed up, yet.”

Sally then removed my ponytail and let my hair fall free.

“I see what you mean honey, does it hurt much?“

“Not really, it only really bothers me when I put to much pressure on it.”

“Well, it looks painful to me.What happened if you don’t mind me asking?”

“My father and I were leaving the school and were sideswiped by another car.”

“Is your father alright?”

“He is doing fine; he just ended up with mostly cuts and bruises”

Sally ran her hands through my hair,"I think we can cover up the bald spot. Though I have never done this kind of thing before. If we put some extension over top and drape them over the bald spot, then we can try to blend the extension in with your natural hair, how does that sound to you?"

“If you think that it will work then sure lets give it a try.”

Over the next hour, Sally worked on my hair, cutting and styling it then she started placing the extension. While she worked, another woman came over and started doing my nails. I found it really relaxing and just and I was really enjoying all the attention. I looked over at Mom, and she smiled back and me.

Alice was giving her the same treatment that I was with the only exception was that she did not need the extensions. When Sally finished with my hair, she played around with it for a bit, then held up a mirror, and then asked me to have a look.

There was no sign of the bald spot and I shook my head a few times so that my hair would move around and the extension did there job. I could not help but smile, everything else was perfect but that bald spot had been driving me crazy but now it was, hidden and I could go out without feeling as if everyone was staring at me.

“Thank you so much, Sally. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“I think that I do. I know that it would drive me crazy if I was in your place. You have really nice hair, Sarah. It will in grow in quickly.”

“We just have one last thing that needs to be done.”

“What’s that?”

“Your makeup, I can’t let you leave after having your hair and nails done”

I sat there and Sally did her magic. When I saw the results, I was surprised; I had though Sarah was beautiful just as she was, but seeing her now, I could not believe the difference.

I thanked Sally and told her that I would be back, then took a seat and waited for Alice to finish up with Mom. I only had to wait a few minutes. They had also done a great job on mom, and told her how beautiful she looked. Mom paid for our makeovers, and the two of us left the salon.

Mom and I had were having a great time together. The next stop was the mall for some new clothes for me. From what I'd seen, I had plenty of clothes but, this shopping trip was more for Mom then it really was for me. I could see how happy it made her being able to spend time with me so I just went along with it. After all, she was my mother, wasn’t she?

God knows how many dresses, shoes, jeans, and tops that I tried on and by the time we finished I was tired out from all the walking. I wondered where I was going to put all the new clothes that she had bought today. I would hate to be Dad when he seen the bill for today, when the credit card bill comes in. I can just see him now calling the bank for a second mortgage, well maybe it’s not that bad, but Mom did spend quite a bit of money on me.


[-][+][-]


After shopping mom and I stopped at the food court and grabbed a bit to eat, it was nothing special, just chicken salad sandwiches, and a couple of cokes. I started noticing that the two of us were, being watched and it was making me uncomfortable.

“Is my hair alright?”

“Yes honey its fine. You look nervous. Is something wrong, Sarah?”

“It’s just that guy over there is staring at me, I thought the bald spot is visible”

“No honey, I think that he likes you.”

“Does it bother you when men stare like that?”

“Maybe at first, but you get used to it after awhile It’s comes with being a beautiful young woman, and you get your looks from me.”

“I guess that is a good thing, but it still makes me nervous,"  I said with a frown.

I wondered to myself if I really could handle all of these changes, yes I had dreamt about, what it would be like to be a woman most of my life, but for the first time in my life I was experiencing it. I wondered thought if the change was permanent or if the real Sarah would return and if she did what would become of me. I needed to find those answers.


End Of Part Three



To Be Continued In Part Four

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rebirth Part 3

Looking forward to more

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine