My Super Secret Life-5

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life-5

Hey for those of you that’ve been reading, I’m not Sunny this is my story too.

So…

“Go Shane!, Go Shane!!!” My girlfriend Mai-Ling screams as I circle the jerk off Kyle Rocker yeah his name is Rocker, you know like the famous writer. I move in and throw a few punches that he takes mostly on his arms and his shoulders and he returns fire on me with a left, right combo of snap kicks. I block one with my own left leg but he gets the other one into my ribs.

Muay-Thai…that’s my gig. Not like my job but I’m the lead fighter for Eastern Waters High-School. The theory is that we can all give kids like me an outlet for our frustrations. Yeah I’ve been in and out of Juvy a few times, and I’ve always been in and out of trouble for a lot of stuff. Mostly assault, actually.

I lose myself in the fight and I haul off and take the hits as he keeps dishing them out and I cut lose with my own, dozens of blows are exchanged and despite the mouth guard I’m tasting blood and he’s just not going down. The guy’s a whole hell of a lot tougher than you’d think for some rich boy.

I thought I’d be able to take him…He’s faster and stronger and one of fucking blonde pretty boy fuckers that surf and shit. Me I’m a part Black, part Hispanic, part a bunch of other stuff. I’m not gonna lose to some rich spoiled surfer boy punk. I’m really pissed and yeah I know, pissed can help in a fight or it can make you sloppy. I guess I’ve had just enough hits to the head that I was just sloppy enough. I remember three jabs getting through and the last one just rang my bell enough for blondie to kick me in the head with a wheel kick…hard…Tasting blood…I…felt my vision go blurry, my balance was fucked and I couldn’t get up, couldn’t shake it off and then that sound that made me really want to throw up.

Ding, ding, ding…

“And the winner of the Eastern Paradise City Mixed Martial Arts Tournament is…Kyle Rocker of Lords Academy….”

There is nothing even close to how much I hate failing.

Mai-Ling tries to be the good girlfriend, kind and supportive and kissing me. I wasn’t in the mood. I was hurt, pissed off and humiliated…so I yelled at her. “Jesus Mai! Can’t you leave me alone! I’m still trying to get the ringing out of my ears!”

“I’m sorry Shane, I just wanted to help. Make it better Y’know?”

“Well you’re not making any better!”

“I’m trying honey, It’s not your fault Shane, he’s got like better training and stuff and…”

That’s when I shoved her away from me and she fell down. I could say I think she fell down but I know that Mai went down when I shoved her. I didn’t care instead I was still absorbed in everything that was wrong in my life to care about her. Mai was crying when I went into the showers.

~I’m sorry Mai, I’m so sorry.~

I left with her and headed off to Puerto-Corners and hung out with the guys that I grew up with. The corners is a Hispanic hang out that used to be a nice place I guess but now it’s a parking lot with a couple of really bad take out places with soggy and greasy tacos and stuff and a bodega and a liquor store.

It’s a bad place with bad guys and bad food and gang members here from my old crew the Diablo’s and I’m there drinking, getting pretty drunk actually and popping pain pills too getting more and more pissed as people keep rehashing how I got my ass handed to me by the rich white boy.

Esteban get’s in my grill over it just once too many and I’m on him in a flash wailing on him with a series of punches and kicks. I break his nose, smash out teeth and break his jaw, his ribs with a cook. I’m white with rage and I’m fighting people off and hitting them and the girls are screaming for us to stop and swearing. Mai grabs my arm screaming at me…

Then the cars come around the corner five strong, and it all happens so fast…

The decals on the cars and the bandana’s….The Demon’s our immediate rival gang, Koreans.

The slow motion way that they swerved around the corner…

The slow motion way that the guns came out through the windows…

Then the fast chaos as they opened fire with the submachine guns, the screaming and the dying as a storm of gunfire hit us, hit me…three, four five times. I feel the impacts and oddly it didn’t hurt…? Not at first…I remember Esteban’s head get hit and it flies apart as several rounds hit…The top front of his face exploded, pelting me with his blood and his brains.

I hit the ground and I heard the screech of tires and the scream of people and Mai…Mai…staring at me, staring at me with vacant eyes and a thin rivulet of blood running from her forehead.
~I’m Sorry Mai, I’m so sorry!~

***
The ambulance ride was only partly remembered, that’s when the pain started I guess. I think I thrashed, tried to hit someone and then darkness swallowing as I was choking on my own blood screaming or try to scream…”Mai…!”

***
I roll out of bed sheathed in sweat a year later now and I manage to get to the bathroom of my squat and hurl my guts up from the nightmare…the memories…The stink of the bathroom not cleaned very well and shared by eight plus people makes it worse.

I get up and stagger to the living room and grab a bottle of Jack Daniels or what’s left of it and guzzle it down washing the vomit down with it. I fall down on the sofa and just breathe and finger the scars from that night. I reach for the shit and dump the crystals into the spoon and start to melt down the Methe crystals…drop in the cotton ball let it soak up the stuff, then take up on of the needles, I don’t care someone else used it…I suck up the liquid Methe and jab the needle into my veins after I find one that hasn’t been blown and let the drugs slide through my blood and into my brain bringing me into sweet oblivion.

***
I’m edgy, wired for sound and freaked out as we sit in the van and we watch the Demons come out of the secure warehouse. We heard they were hitting a customs clearing house that had some stuff in it that was some major swag. They had come in a shot the place up and some of them had gotten shot too.

Good, fucking good. Everyone of them deserves to fucking die.

We hit them after we follow them a few blocks and as they pull up to a light trying to be all normal and stuff. I grip my AK-97 and when the side door to the van opens I cut loose, I lose my shit and empty the clip of 4.45mm caseless into their car and the other guys are shooting it too and I saw, saw my bullets kill two of them.

We stole their crates and Marco dumps a bottle of vodka all over them and lights up their car. We yell and scream and celebrate as we take off and talking shit about how the Demons are roasting in hell.

***
The boxes were full of oriental crap, Japaneasey stuff mostly pottery and stuff. It took us awhile to figure out it was molded heroin-x a really powerful street drug that’s a fused version of X with heroin and we’re really hyped up, smashing stuff trying to figure out what was the drugs and what was an antique. We argue at one point over trying to fence the antiques but we don’t know nothing about art and shit.

Then I grab this statuette of this woman knelt in prayer? She’s sad looking and yet featureless in the simple white porcelain design. I smash it with a bit of regret and there’s this large pearl inside of it. It’s the size of a large marble like the kind you used to play with on the playground. I’m stoned and staring at it and I start to see this image inside, this vision playing out like a movie.

***

This Japanese girl being brought before this guy who looks like Richard Chamberlain with black hair. There’s some nasty guys around her all white guys that look like they were cast out of pirate movie.

She’s in a torn and dirty robe, her make up is messed up and her hair is loose and he’s saying stuff to her in Jap, I speak a little just street stuff really but it came across like.

“You are a bad, little bitch, you killed my men, wrecked _______ you will ________a fate worse than your honorable death.”

She’s staring at him in this beautiful look of pure defiance and despite the fact she’s been beaten she tilts her chin up at him like he’s beneath her, like he’s a total douchebag. It makes my breath catch in my throat.

~I wish I was half as brave, I wish I was more like you.~

“Hai…” she say’s and turns her head to look at me.

Then she screams as she’s wrapped in lightning and stuff like majik. Then she vanishes and there’s the sound of the pearl dropping to the wooden floor.

Then the pearl in my hand turn to bright light and sinks and dissolves into my hand!

I pass out, I’m way too stoned for this!

***
I wake up.

There’s sand in my mouth and hair in my face and I blink several times trying to get to my feet and I see the beach side squat where we holed a couple of thousand feet away smoldering and there’s cops around.

“Shit.”

“Whatthefuck?”

My voice is softer, and lighter pitched…I raise my hand to touch my throat and my arm is slender and thin, hairless with fine light golden skin. I run my hand over my face, through my hair and my breasts…I’m, I’m a girl? I’m staring or trying to stare and check myself out in total shock. Then cops see me and two come towards me and I turn and run. They’re yelling “Hey Wait!” and “Freeze!” I trip as my legs get tangled up in this robe thing I’m wearing and I hit my head and everything goes black.

Sunny’s Bit:

I hit the ground running and headed into the massive pile-up and it’s chaos. Heck it’s still happening actually. I see a car out of control heading to another one that’s smashed into the mess already and there’s a woman with two kids inside and she’s bleeding from the forehead and has a scared look on her face.

God, I could’ve been Killed. But there was this thing that soldiers and cops and the action types are always talking about on the news and I step into the path of the oncoming car all on instinct.

I go low to brace to catch the car and when the front of the car hits my hands I lift it off the ground. I’m lifting the car…Holee…I’m lifting a car. I turn and as I do I pull out the transmission killing the drive power and set it down to the side.

I look at the driver. “You okay?”

He nods, then I turn to the woman and her kids. She’s trying to get out but the door’s crumpled. “Ma’am please just pull back a bit.” She does and I rip the car door free of her car and give her a smile. I help her out of the car with her kids and escort them over to the line of fire department people and EMT’s.

One of the fire fighters looks at me. “Can you keep doing that?” She asks. I nod at her “Just show me where to go and what you need me to do, you’re the professional.”

She leads me off into the chaos. It’s an hour actually of tearing people out of cars, pulling off doors and clearing the path for the EMT’s. It’s so unlike anything I’ve ever done before and the looks that I get are so different, so strange because of the things that I’m doing. But the you rock look from the firewoman and the EMT’s as I’m holding a half ton truck up and out of the way so they can dig out a person buried in the cars.

She looks at me as I’m holding it. “That looks heavy, you okay/’

“Yeah, It’s not that heavy to me actually. It’s kind of weird.”

“Huh, it sounds like you’re new to this.”

“Oh yeah, I’m really not used to this.”

“You’re doing really good. You’d never tell you’re not a cape.”
“Hey, I’m just lending a hand, I don’t really do the kind of stuff that you do. I mean I’m muscle, you’re a hero.”

She blushes and smiles a bit. “I’m Sonya. By the way and you…oh, sorry I mean what do you call yourself.”

I think about it a minute looking at her and wow…getting a good look she’s pretty in a way I’d never consider in my other life, well I mean before the injection. Sonya’s got dark brown eyes, dark chestnut hair and slightly olive skin and she’s got built shoulders under the gear and she’s got more meat on her bones than any girl I can think of.

I can feel myself getting uhm…you know. I stare at her and she stares at me and she smiles at me and I blush and smile shyly back. “I’m Titan.”

“It’s nice to meet you Titan.”

We finish up but there’s this thing going on between us. It’s so weird being on the other side of the flirting game. But there’s a lot of other stuff going on and there’s police staring at me and I think they’re waiting to talk to me or arrest me or something, plus there’s reporters and camera crews and when we’re nearly done she gets me to haul some hoses over to the fire truck and get’s me over to the rescue truck where she passes me a bottle of water…and then she jots her number and stuff down on a fire department form.

“You better get going before the cops get after you for that thing at the store the other day. Or the press get frisky and want to take a bite out of you.”

“Thanks, Sonya.” I turn to leave but she grabs my arm and she’s actually strong enough to turn me around.

“Titan?”

“Yes?”

She kisses me, long and deep and presses up against me and even in the firefighter’s gear she’s turning me on. “Call me.” she pushes me away mouthing go.

I take off running and head off and then jump trying to get to the rooftops and It’s like I blasted off…not flying but like I launched myself from a cannon in this long arcing leap. I do it two, three times actually heading back to where I was going to go for my break before all of this started. O look back seeing a few of the press choppers starting to follow me and I drop down into a bunch of trees in one of the roadside green spaces.

I close my eyes and think about Sunny-Me and the sensual feelings about being girl-me that makes the change easier. I feel the shift happen and I look up as I walk out of the clearing to a bench and faux tie my sneaker. I smile and watch them fly over head and do a few circles. I look at the paper with Sonya’s info on it and smile then tuck it into my bra. I’ve no idea what I’m going to do with it but I’m keeping it. I hit the sidewalk jogging and head to the café place I was planning to go to.

Wow, I’m starving.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Start Bailey

littlerocksilver's picture

I am going to have make a chart so I can keep track of the characters. You certainly have developed some interesting characters.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

It's a skill that

I've developed over years of Role Playing games and keeping track of characters and NPC's.

Bailey Summers

Nice and gritty

This has a kool edginess that's part Dark Knight, and yet we also have Sunny. I'm looking forward to how these characters interact.

Hugs!

Grover

Yeah I've been intending building a super hero

universe with these stories because there can be so many super secret lives. This will eventually become the start maybe of the first super hero team on New Haven, right now it's far too few doing far too much.

I'm going to like Shane, dealing with a drug problem because of losing Mai in a drive-by and the fact he's a killer but he hates that and now he's in the form of a Japanese girl from the past?

Bailey Summers

Ahh, a new character in the mix.

Wonder if they'll help each other or be rivals, or both?

Interesting addition to things here.

Maggie

Oh I intend on them meeting.

And I'm not sure how it'll go. Sunny so comes from another life than Shane it might cause friction. Then again I'm not sure how Shane's going to adjust to her new state....other than saying F-ing Kimono.

Bailey Summers

Hey Bailey! I'm certainly

Hey Bailey! I'm certainly enjoying the story. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Brian:)

I'm so glad that you liked this, I'm glad it's picking up steam.

Bailey Summers

Shanes part...

...is soooo gritty, painfully raw, and you've written it so well that it's uncomfortably easy to feel the desperation, the need for some form of vengeance, anything, that will push away the loss. The total opposite of Sunny's life; The juxtaposition brings each life into a stark focus. Amazing ^^

Thanks, Bailey, for another great chapter =D

Yeah I liked writing for Shane.

there's going to be quite a bit of starkness with Shane and all she's going to have to deal with. I like contrasting characters sometimes, it makes them all the more interesting.

Bailey Summers

Thank Kaptin

I often write on the fly so me too!

Bailey Summers

Neat!

I actually came in on this chapter, then had to go back to read the others. I'm liking the characters so far, please keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for enjoying this.

I'm still on a story for one of my other series and I'll be getting back to writing for this one.

Bailey Summers

If I did'nt know who wrote this -

My first guess would have been Bailey Summers.

The give away is the food!

Interesting chpt.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

LOL!

Yeah you've got me there. I can't help it though, if you're a cook you're a cook.

Bailey Summers