Reunion

Printer-friendly version
Reunion
By Stanman63
Melanie Ezell's Big Closet Ultimate Writer's Challenge

Synopsis:When a Transgirl goes to a Family Reunion, she finds out how they feel about her.

[-][+][-]

It's hard to believe it, but I am happily married to my best friend, and now my family has welcomed us with open arms. I am glad, because I was born a boy.

My best friend is Maxwell Anderson. He looks like an red-headed Anthony DiNozzo from NCIS with his flaming red hair, hazel eyes and natural tan. He is a musician who can play the piano, organ, violin, and guitar with equal ease. He teaches music at Warton High School.

My name is Connie Renee Anderson. Me, I look like an Arabian Abby Sciuto from NCIS with my olive skin and hazel eyes. I am a dancer and gymnast. I have cheered, and danced in high school and am the Girl's Head Coach atWarton High School where I also teach the cheer and dance teams.

We'd met at Jessup College where I'd joined the Nu Beta Nu Sorority. Yes, he knew that I used to be a guy, he was my next door neighbor in who I confided my desire to be a girl.

I was afraid to tell my parents because they saw anybody who was not like them as an abomination, so I never told them after the first and only Halloween that I went as a girl.

I went as a female Captain Kirk in the gold girl's uniform from the Star Trek TV series. I was able to get Momma to make one from the pattern in the [Star Fleet Technical Manual.

My parents let me go in the costume because I had a younger sister who could wear it the year after. What they didn't know was that was my introduction to the girl within.

From then on, I was their dutiful son who protected his sister and youngrr brother from bullies, even though I myself wantd to be my Daddy's Princess too.

[-][+][-]

After my surgery, we got married and moved into a cute little studio apartment at the university that we attended. Then, after ten years of marriage, there was the Reunion. After graduating from high school, we moved to Hawaii, which is why my family never visited as my parents are penny pinchers and my siblings got jobs in Europe.

[-][+][-]

When I met my parents, they surprisingly accepted me as their daughter and my siblings always knew and accepted me as a girl.

[-][+][-]

Yes, now we are a happy family, thanks to the Reunion.


Finis

up
49 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Okay. Help me understand?

What happened to the parents between the time they would have considered her an abomination and the reunion? Ten years apart with no significant contact according to the story and they just suddenly change their minds. It's plausible, but it's also THE story. Tell us what happened; otherwise all you have is a nice party at the end of your tale.

Could not give it a vote as

Could not give it a vote as a good story.

It was all narration and there were no details of the reunion, which is what the story was supposed to be about.

D

Perhaps

You would be more successful writing a poem? A very short one?

I Think

I recently browsed thru a biography of a writer and he warns his readers
with the following words,

There is what happened, and then there is what you remember happened, and
then there is how you wish to tell what happened.

I think that is what he said. I kind of interpret it to mean, "you really
can't remember jack shit and then what you remember is embarrassing so just
write a biography telling people what you want them to hear, or in this case
read." In other words redefine your past.

Or, "Keep telling the lie long enough and it will become the truth."

You know ever since I banged my head I have been into philosophy and
literature. What does that say about scholars who do that shit for a living.

I think what was left off was the constant eating, the dressing and trying
out of different female clothes, and the sex that satisfies so many. I
recently read an article about how industrial pollution, pesticides and
things like that, are feminizing and turning boys into girls. A study
done in the Netherlands, found that children exposed to PCBs and dioxins
and other good stuff while in the womb were more likely likely to put
dresses on and play with dolls. Interesting but not what people want
to hear.

I gave it a good story because he did leave out the bad details of the
reunion. Anyone, would realize that with no contact in ten years the
reunion was not good. That if a reunion took place it was in the back
yard of the penny pinching parents, with the other set of parents invited
but failing to show up but considered present because of their proximity.
The details of the reunion I am sure have been forgotten, the bad parts
are remembered, and what one chose to write about it was, "it was
good." For all we know the reunion took place by phone.

Good Short Story

This is a very beautiful story of

love, acceptance, and happiness. I am also writing a book about the college life of a freshman M2F transsexual, and the adventures she goes through in her freshamn year. The book is almost finished then it will be published. I have not posted it here, because I want the whole experience to be fresh in your minds and the minds of the mainstream that read it.

This story though shows what happens when parents over time come to their senses and accept their child(ren) with unconditional love. Thank you for sharing Stan.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Too short, Stanman!

You gave us an intresting overview, but it feels like you missed a LOT of the story! I did like it but, well, it just feels like there is so much more to be told! Kind of like you had a fantastic idea for a story, but you presented us with the speedreaders short form. personally, I would go back and spend some time expanding on this. You have a great concept, and some interesting characters. This could have been so much more! I feel like I am missing out on a great story.

Wren